News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Best Location to Stick It?

Started by Faustus, January 19, 2012, 06:47:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faustus

I thought that title might be catchy. . .  ::)

Anyway, I'm working on writing a piece of essay-like work : It is analyzing the works of two separate pieces (one literary, the other musical lyrics) and comparing them to draw a parallel of sorts between them. I don't know if it will actually be interesting to any other users, but having another place where I can step back and look at it might be useful, so I thought this could be a lovely place for me to do that.

Anyway, due to the nature of it, I'm having a difficult time deciding where would be best to stick this. Would it be better in the Blogs? Is it more Literary Discussion? Is it Storytelling?

Of all of these, I'm leaning the most on the Blog section, as I have seen other more "essay-like" things appear in there, and while I use the words "essay" to describe it, it would be free-form at best. No official MLA format (or any other format...).

So, where do you guys best think this should go? Or should I scrap putting it anywhere at all (I won't be offended if I'm told that!)?

Thank you!

“You may my glories and my state depose,
But not my griefs; still am I king of those.”

ON's and OFF's || Plots and Ideas || A/A's and Owed Posts [Updated 02/12! Please see.]

Autumn Sativus

I think it would do well as a Blog or perhaps in the "Art, Media and Music" forum as a show-off? Unless it's actually discussing literature, I don't think the Literary forum would work.
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Beguile's Mistress

You might think about Off Topic if the point of posting your essay is to get comments.  You would get more of a notice there as it gets more traffic.

Aemirys

Ok this is a question I've been meaning to ask for a while now....

What is the difference between On Topic, Off Topic and even the HELP! sections?

Obviously the HELP! sections is just that.... and the Off Topic is for more PG13 content, where as the On Topic is for more sexy adult stuff?

Am I even close?

The thing is they seem to, well they go beyond over lapping each other and, specifically the Topic Threads tend to blur together.

How are you supposed to know where exactly to stick it, as Faustus put it.

To extrapolate....

I was keen to set up a thread asking for suggestions, comments, reviews on waterproof MP3 players, and another on sounds systems.

Where would I best be placing something like that?
★  O/Os  ★  A/As  ★

Autumn Sativus

On Topic is a catch-all for everything that doesn't fit into another forum and contains adult material.

Off Topic is a catch-all for everything that doesn't fit into another forum and does not contain adult material.

For those topics you've mentioned, I would probably post them in the Help forum, as many have done with requests for which phone or laptop to buy.
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Aemirys

Thanks Saffron!

I wasn't really sure.
★  O/Os  ★  A/As  ★