Angels vv Demons

Started by Chrystal, September 08, 2012, 04:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrystal

Quote from: Kimera on September 10, 2012, 07:05:45 AM
Sparkd my interest. Might join in if I can think of an interesting character

Edit: I suppose something like this is overkill right  ;D

Hmmm... maybe a little O.T.T. but I did say pictures are at the player's choice... It's really a question of whether you can come up with a character to justify the image!

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Kimera

Well it could be something like what he once was, before he most of his power got stripped away?

Or I might find something better ;)

JadenMystic

I'm kinda interested. I know nothing of system games or the points that go with them. I'd have to be taught...

A/A(update 1/27) Ideas(update 6/15) O/O&Chars(update 2/1)

there are times when a change of direction is for your highest good. It takes courage to change direction. Choose the path your heart agrees with and walk with your head high and your eyes open. Don't be afraid.

Kimera

JaidenMystic raises a good question. I also have no idea about such a point system

Chrystal

Um... Neither do I!

*giggles*

Seriously, I'm designing this system myself from the ground up. I'm taking the simplest elements of every "system" game I've ever encountered and blending them into something that I hope will be easy to use, fun, and playable.

At the moment I'm putting together the character sheet. I would ask people not to submit characters until I have got all the weapons and skills sorted out.

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

JadenMystic

I've never played a system game...

there are times when a change of direction is for your highest good. It takes courage to change direction. Choose the path your heart agrees with and walk with your head high and your eyes open. Don't be afraid.

Chrystal

Quote from: JadenMystic on September 10, 2012, 09:11:57 AM

Nor have I on E!

I've played D&D a few times, a LOOOOONG time ago, I played a GURPS game once, face to face.

And I've played plenty of board games with very complex rules!

Drake Valentine

Wearing armor should also have penalties or requirements. >.> Like character must have certian amount of strength to be properly shielded and maybe the weight factor will also effect the ability to hit an unarmored target. Or in some cases armor individual would be harder to dodge.

Just saying.

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

JadenMystic

The only system game I've ever played is Amtgard. It's a live action role play. Never played any system board games or computer games.

Kimera

Will it envolve dice rolling, or just who has the highest number in a given stat?

Chrystal

Quote from: Drake Valentine on September 10, 2012, 09:52:23 AM
Wearing armor should also have penalties or requirements. >.> Like character must have certian amount of strength to be properly shielded and maybe the weight factor will also effect the ability to hit an unarmored target. Or in some cases armor individual would be harder to dodge.

Just saying.

Um... Well, we are talking about beings of pure spirit here. The armour is not made of metal, it is made of their skin! Angels appear to wear clothes, but in fact they are as naked as the demons. There is no weight involved in the armour, there is no strength involved in carrying it.

Think of it this way: in d&d terms, every weapon is enchanted and every suit of armour is magical.

Equally, the one thing about the early d&d system that I learned as a kid that was really unrealistic - how could you keep on fighting with only one HP left and be as effective as you were with 50 HPs - that is irrelevant. A spiritual being does not loose a leg or an arm, and does not bleed! The loss of hit-points in fact represents a wearing down of the character's spirit.

Quote from: JadenMystic on September 10, 2012, 09:53:42 AM
The only system game I've ever played is Amtgard. It's a live action role play. Never played any system board games or computer games.

Okay, you win...

Quote from: Kimera on September 10, 2012, 09:55:16 AM
Will it envolve dice rolling, or just who has the highest number in a given stat?

I already mentioned this elswhere...

Quote from: Chrystal on September 09, 2012, 03:50:34 AM
As for the PVP combat, I was thinking about this last night.

One unbreakable rule of mine in N/C role-play is that regardless of anything else, player consent is always required. Non-Consent applies to the character. In other words, if my character is screaming "No, no, stop it", you can carry on with what you are doing, but if I ask you to stop, I expect you to stop! This is wnat PMs and an OOC thread are for.

Now, given the consequences of loosing a fight, I think we need to put a couple of rules in place concerning combat.

My idea is that there be three levels of combat available to players:

Level 1: Freeform.

Players decide between themselves the outcome of the fight. This can be discussed in the OOC thread or via PM. The outcome can be totally contrary to common sense - a single succubus with no armour and a dagger can defeat a heavily armed and armoured warrior angel, for example, as long as it is by mutual agreement between players.

Level 2: GM Adjudicated.

Players wanting a little bit less control of their fights can ask me to adjudicate them. I will look at the characters' respective stats and give both players various options that I consider likely outcomes. It's then up to the players to agree an outcome (if they can't I will impose one), and post accordingly.

Level 3: Random.

Players wanting a more realistic fight, or unable to agree an outcome, will have the option of using the dice roller. This will be a simple "To-Hit/To-Damage" two-roll system, that I will give details of as soon as I have worked them out. Basically, you roll against your weapon skill to try and hit your opponent, and if the dice roll is less than or equal, you succeed. You then roll against your armour class to determine what damage has been done if your opponent hit you, if the roll is higher than your armour class, you take damage to whatever the roll exceeds it by.

That system should be familiar to most game players? There will be various modifiers to the dice rolls, that I will work out, but I want to keep it simple. I think it would work best if players took a large number of dice rolls at once and then matched them up, in order to avoid delaying the game while rolling back and forth.

Obviously, once a fight has been worked out, both players need to post to let the rest of us know what happened. Players should try and plan the fight in advance before posting, so we don't end up with ten one-line posts describing it blow-by-blow, and both players need to post opposite sides of the same fight...

Is that too complex? I think it's about as simple as it gets.

JadenMystic

Quote from: JadenMystic on September 10, 2012, 09:11:57 AM
Quote from: JadenMystic on September 10, 2012, 09:53:42 AM
Quote from: Chrystal on September 10, 2012, 10:16:26 AM
Okay, you win...
I win what? :)

Chrystal

Sorry, Jaden. I was being a little bit silly.

It seemed to me that you were competing with me to see who had the least experience of system games.

I realise that this is not the case, but it did look that way.

My point, however, is that I have the same amount of experience running a system game as you have playing one. So we are going to be learning this together.

In other words, please don't let the fact that you have no idea what is going on put you off, because nor does anyone else, least of all, me! I'm making this up as I go, and hoping that it is going to work. To that end, I'm trying to keep things as simple as possible, while giving players as many options as possible.

What I intend doing, once I have a few players definitely in, is to create a "Rules" thread that I will post all the various rules and tables to, to put them in one place where they can be easily referenced.

Kimera

Sorry, must have overlooked it  :-[

Anyways, looking forward to the rules your making  :D

JadenMystic

Ok. One thing I've learned is you can't assume to know what another person is thinking. I was being  genuine with everything I had posted. I wasn't trying to make you think I was trying to compete at all. As I had to tell a friend of mine not too long ago, you can't always tell if a person is joking/kidding when a person is writing doesn't state it as such.

With all that being said, I'm willing to try my hand at this with a charcter or two. :-)

Chrystal

Quote from: JadenMystic on September 10, 2012, 11:06:08 AM
Ok. One thing I've learned is you can't assume to know what another person is thinking. I was being  genuine with everything I had posted. I wasn't trying to make you think I was trying to compete at all. As I had to tell a friend of mine not too long ago, you can't always tell if a person is joking/kidding when a person is writing doesn't state it as such.

With all that being said, I'm willing to try my hand at this with a charcter or two. :-)

I know. I guess I should apologise. I know you were being genuine, but then so was I right up to the point I said "You win".

It had the desired effect, though, because it made us both stop and go "Huh?" and get things straightened out.

Glad I got you interested, anyway :)

JadenMystic

Drake Valentine

Is there still gonna be leveling? >_< xD

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Chrystal

Quote from: JadenMystic on September 10, 2012, 01:18:43 PM
My Angel pic: https://fbcdn-photos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/304590_440637305975612_1729109342_n.jpg

And my demon pic: http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm204/JadenMystic/The_Demon_G_transfuse.jpg

Haven't figured out anything else for them yet. Lol. :-)

The demon pic isn't showing up. Love the angel.

Quote from: Drake Valentine on September 10, 2012, 07:36:01 PM
Is there still gonna be leveling? >_< xD

Would it bother you too much if there were? Or weren't?

Like I said, levelling is something long-term. I don't see this RP lasting longer than three months - none of my previous group games have, and in that time I expect it to cover maybe a day or two of game time. Levelling is something that happens at the end of a "quest" or task, yes? We'll be lucky if the game lasts long enough to get to the end of one "quest", let alone start a second!

Or were you referring to my plan to award a number of character points to the winner of a fight? That is going to happen, yes, although I think I'll reduce the actual award to 50 points.

Anyone who achieves a certain total of points (possibly 1,000, but I will work that out) gets promoted to "Archangel" or "Archdemon".

JadenMystic

Glad you like the Angel. Lets see if I can get my demon pic to work...

Kimera

Works fine for me.

Then again, I was able to see both of them the first time you posted them, but not any more for some reason.

Chrystal

Sweet...

Folks. May I ask you, ever so nicely, to do what the Elliquiy staff are asking and upload images to Elliwiki?

It has the following advantages:

1) Everyone will be able to see your pics regardless of where they are in the world, what browser they use, or what spyware they have on their comp.
2) The image won't suddenly get taken down - unless it breaks E's rules. Make sure the pic doesn't contain any under age people.
3) If the site you found it on gets virused, E won't be affected by the link.
4) You can hotlink the image quickly and easily.

I just this evening had to load Michael's pic to the wiki, because I noticed it had vanished from the opening post!

JadenMystic

I have no clue how to use the wiki site, so, no I can't. Sorry.

Joslyn

I'm not that great with computers myself, but its very simple to put pictures saved on your computer in the elliwiki. Instructions are here:
https://elliquiy.com/wiki/Category:Images#How_To_Categorize_an_Image

and the summary text is:

[[Category:Characters]]

Vaulera

I'm still trying to dig up photos, but I have a really good one of a human-like woman with pale skin and tattoos, (drawn of course) but I can't seem to find many that are good for angel women. Also, what of the male characters, if there are any?