The World of Pokemon (Interest Check/Still Recruiting)

Started by Irishfire87, September 10, 2013, 08:54:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irishfire87

This is a sandbox Pokemon RP.  Everyone starts out in Pallet town and works their way through the 8 gyms.  Once someone is finished they can move onto the next generation area.  This means Kanto to Johto and continuing on.  Everyone starts out with a different starting Pokemon.  This is non-CANON meaning you can't use any characters from the show.

The rules are as follows.

1.  This is one of the most important rules:  Even though this will be in NC:  Exotic-Freeform, follow other people's O/Os.
2.  Only one character per Account.
3.  Please post at least once a week and let people know how often you figure you can post before jumping in with them.
4.  Please post at least a paragraph.
5.  Listen to the GM
6.  Respect other people's wishes
7.  Please fill out the character sheet and post it in this topic
8.  Encountering Pokémon.  This is like the tv show in that they are easy to find if they are a common pokemon.  You can just rp your own encounter with regular pokemon.
9.  Random Encounters.  If you want a random encounter PM me and I'll randomize it for you.  Random encounters can lead to rare and even legendary Pokémon.  If you feel confident about being able to capture a legendary this is the that you do it as I have a probability application that can randomize things really well.
10.  Your pokemon don't have to forget moves.  I've always found that the 4 move thing was a peeve of mine.

A thread will be made for this topic once two other people fill out character sheets.

Here is the Character Sheet

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Character Name:  Your Character name

Character Age:  How old is your character?

History:  At least 1 paragraph, can be vague as will be seen in my app.

Starting Pokemon:  Your starting Pokemon

Character Image:  Helpful but not required

Faceclaim:  Name of Character.  What is the character from?  If you don't know then just say so, it's no big deal.

My App as an example

Character Name:  Jessica Cosgrove

Character Age: 19

History:  Jessica was born in Viridian City to retired pokemon breeders Eric and Monica Cosgrove.  She, like many other children, dreamed of being a Pokemon Trainer when she grew up.  Now she has gotten a letter saying that she has been chosen to receive a Pokemon by Professor Oak.  She has prepared for the trip by buying a messenger's bag.  She has traveled to Pallet Town and is now preparing to go get the Pokemon she has been told she would be given.

Starting Pokemon:  Bagon

Character Image:

Faceclaim:  Serah Farron.  Final Fantasy 13.

Taken Pokemon:

Aron
Bagon
Beldum
Eevee
Elektrike
Growlithe
Gulpin
Larvitar
Mareep
Pidgey
Purrloin
Ralts
Vulpix

Taken Faceclaims:

Noel Vermillion, BlazBlue
Kallen, Code Geass
Cloud, Final Fantasy 7
Tifa, Final Fantasy 7
Serah Farron, Final Fantasy 13
Kurisu Makise-Steins, Gate
Soran Ibrahim/Setsuna F. Seiei - Kidou Senshi Gundam 00
Zephyr, Resonance of Fate
Chiaki Mamiya: The girl who leapt through time
Keima Katsuragi. The World God Only Knows.

Topic:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=184773.0

Topic OOC:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=184774.0

Laughing Hyena

Zekromnomnom

Character Name:  Garfield Hughes

Character Age:  17

History:  Garfield, Gar to his friends, grew up in the Hoenn region. He lived with his single mother and his several younger siblings, and so he never really had much time to do much with pokemon before that. He spent most of his time helping raise his sisters and brother and the only pokemon he had was a Makuhita that his uncle had brought him from Dewford town. He spent a lot of time cooking and cleaning up after the young ones, and playing sports and games with them. He also used the Makuhita to catch some pokemon for them, but when he was 17, his mother, who at that point spent most of her time working at the Devon Corporation building, was proposed to by a co-worker she had been seeing and the family was going to be moved into a better house. Knowing that they would be taken care of now that they had two parents, Gar's mom told him he could go pursue his dream to be a pokemon trainer. His mother's fiance suggested that he should start in Kanto and gave him a special package from Devon Corp. to take to Professor Oak in Pallet Town. He gave his youngest sister, who was really sad to see him leave, his Makuhita to keep right before leaving for Pallet Town.

Starting Pokemon:  Mareep

Character Image: 

Faceclaim:  Zephyr from Resonance of Fate

How is this? Let me know if anything needs changed.

Irishfire87

It looks good.  Once we get one more person to RP we can start the topic.

Batman4560

This is my app.

Character Name:  Arron Shaw

Character Age: 18

History:  Arron was born and raised in Pallet town and never got the chance to travel as a kid. He didn't see the world and really never made any friends. His parents did their best to raise him like a normal child and home school him. But with few kids his age around they noticed he kept to himself alot when placed in the rare situations where he could spend time with kids his age.

When he turned ten he was attacked by a small pack of Houndoom's after wandering to far into the tall grass in Pallet town. Luckily a single Growlithe came to his rescue and fought off one of the Houndoom's before his parents came to his rescue. They let him keep the Growlithe so long as he took care of it. He raised it as his own until the day he left Pallet town and wears Shane's pokeball around his neck, knowing soon his quest to be a Pokemon master...

Starting Pokemon:  Growlithe (Shane)

Character Image: 

Faceclaim: Deviantart.com

Irishfire87

Looks good.  Welcome to the RP.  I'll make the topic and edit the link into my initial post shortly.

Chun Chun Boom

Here is my sheet. Hope it's still open to new people.

Character Name:   Fauna Cropper

Character Age:   19

History:   Fauna was born to wealthy parents in Celadon City. The unfortunate thing about parents with well-paid jobs was that they were rarely ever around. Her and her younger brother were pretty much neglected most of their lives. She grew up fast but not without getting into trouble. During her early teens, she ran with bad crowds and did stupid things. It was her brother that helped her clean up her life. Now an opportunity to become a pokemon trainer has popped up and she is not one to waste opportunities. So she heads to Pallet Town, hoping to make a better life for herself, one where she can save her brother from a life of neglect.

Starting Pokemon:   Gulpin

Character Image:   

Faceclaim:   Noel Vermillion, BlazBlue

Irishfire87

Yep.  It's still open.  Looks good, welcome to the rp!

45dragoons

Character Name:  toto youru

Character Age:  20

History:  the son of a junk yard scraper, toto was always fond of playing with steel type pokemon.  he had his first pokemon at the age of 10, aron is his most beloved steel pokemon becuase of how one time it saved him  from undera metal pile colaping on him and permently removing his right arm. the right arm he has sports a pokestorage system much like a pokeball. so he don't have to throw a ballor say return to return his pokemon rather flashy but the prosthetic arm is worth it in the end.  due to his 20th birthday he decides its time to

Starting Pokemon: aron

Character Image: 

Faceclaim:  a picture i drew my self i dont like like face claims much lol.

i i will join if its still open
I am looking for beta testers for my fourm  http://theeighthcontinent.forumotion.com/  its midevil/steampunk with depth character creation and uses dice system much like D&D for random events input and willing helpers are gladly welcomed

(Ons Offs- https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=187141.0

Chaosfox

Character Name:  Kira Black
History:  Kira had always loved and adored Pokémon specifically psychic Pokémon.  Growing up she always loved to go to the Saffron city Gym and watch the trainers train.  She was always amazed at how well the trainer worked together with little effort like they were as one. 
By the time she was 13 she had been around the gym so much some of the trainers started teaching her about taking care of and raising Pokémon and she quickly became involved in helping trainers to make sure there Pokémon stayed healthy and even began to volunteer at the Pokémon center to learn even more about caring for the creatures that she loved so much.
Recently though she has set out to start her own Journey as a trainer. Equipped with the knowledge she has learned over the past 5 years  Kira is confident she can become one of the best trainers ever and possibly one day lead her own gym and teach someone like she was taught. 
Starting Pokemon:  Ralts
Character Image:
Faceclaim:  Kurisu Makise-Steins;Gate

OK Here you go Hope Im not to late to join in on this one.
There is no Order only Chaos and all the joys that it brings. 
This way too On's and Off's

Batman4560

Chaosfox

I don't know what to do then because i am seeing it just fine >.<

Batman4560

Chaosfox

If any one else says anything I will try and figure out something else.

Zekromnomnom

It isn't displaying properly for me, either. I've had the trouble myself. Don't remember how I fixed it.

Chun Chun Boom

Yeah, the picture isn't showing up for me either.

Chaosfox

Well if any one has any suggestions that would help me.

Irishfire87

The app looks fine Chaosfox, welcome to the RP.  I would have a problem with the image if it wasn't for the fact that it is a face claim that people can look up if they are really curious.

Forty, I don't mind the arm if it is ONLY for Beldum.  Is that the case?

Baalborn87

I'd like to add my interest in this. Though I haven't had much experience since Pokemon gold, and The 1st movie. So I,like my character will be going into this new to gen 2 pokemon onwards.

I hope thats OK.

Anyhoo. My Character Kawazoe Kaito

Character Name:  Kawazoe (Kawa) Kaito

Character Age:  17

Sexuallity: Hetro

History:  Kawa grew up in a family who had an affinity with flying type pokemon. With which they set up a messenger service ferrying letters and small parcels throughout the Kanto region and farther (with higher level pokemon). Growing up and joining the family business, he soon found his work un-fulfilling and setting out with his own Pidgey, whom he had raised from an egg. He decided that he would become a pokemon champion.

Starting Pokemon:  Pidgey

Character Image: 

Faceclaim:  Chiaki Mamiya: The girl who leapt through time

Chaosfox

Quote from: Irishfire87 on September 12, 2013, 08:50:29 AM
The app looks fine Chaosfox, welcome to the RP.  I would have a problem with the image if it wasn't for the fact that it is a face claim that people can look up if they are really curious.

Forty, I don't mind the arm if it is ONLY for Beldum.  Is that the case?

Ok thanks still wish I knew what was going on though >.<

Baalborn87

Quote from: Chaosfox on September 11, 2013, 10:23:29 PM
Character Name:  Kira Black
History:  Kira had always loved and adored Pokémon specifically psychic Pokémon.  Growing up she always loved to go to the Saffron city Gym and watch the trainers train.  She was always amazed at how well the trainer worked together with little effort like they were as one. 
By the time she was 13 she had been around the gym so much some of the trainers started teaching her about taking care of and raising Pokémon and she quickly became involved in helping trainers to make sure there Pokémon stayed healthy and even began to volunteer at the Pokémon center to learn even more about caring for the creatures that she loved so much.
Recently though she has set out to start her own Journey as a trainer. Equipped with the knowledge she has learned over the past 5 years  Kira is confident she can become one of the best trainers ever and possibly one day lead her own gym and teach someone like she was taught. 
Starting Pokemon:  Ralts
Character Image:
Faceclaim:  Kurisu Makise-Steins;Gate

OK Here you go Hope Im not to late to join in on this one.

Irishfire87

Kawa looks good Baalborn but the image isn't showing.  Again though, because it is a faceclaim people can look him up if they're curious.  Welcome to the RP!

Baalborn87

Irishfire87

It's still not showing it for some reason.  Here's what he looks like though for anyone interested...

Chiaki Mamiya

Let me know if it messes up like it has been doing for other people because I checked it and it's working on my screen.

Baalborn87