The Tower

Started by grovercjuk, January 15, 2011, 03:19:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grovercjuk

Orion sat with his back to a large tree, to his left the steam burbled it’s way past, in front of him the stew was cooking in a pan hanging over the fire. The smell drifted his way and his stomach rumbled and then to take his mind off his hunger Orion looked up.

There on the hill above him outlined by the full moon he could see the tower. That was the reason he was here, interesting things where rumoured to be inside. Not that he was going in, no he was way to wise for that. No that was for the people he was sat here waiting for.

Rather than met him in the tavern he had let it be known that he would be in the woods below the hill. The woods where large and contained some rather nasty things. But Orion considered that fair enough, if they could avoid the nasties and find him then at least it proved they where competent.

Those that did neither, well he had no interest in them.

Kairi

The small faerie had been watching the strange man ever since he had started his stew, she had been flying for so long and had hardly any strength left in her small fragile wings. As he looked upon the hill she took this chance to swoop in and grab some stew she had hoped he wouldn't notice her as she quickly hid behind the pot the warm fire lifting her and carrying her on the warm currents. She peaked out from behind the pan to watch and see if the man had noticed, her wings dangerously close to the fire but withstanding the risk in hopes of safety.
Through Shattered Glass and Broken Eyes,
I See Your Words, I Know They're Lies.

grovercjuk

Orion turned his attention away from the tower and back to the woods. He felt there was something slightly off, a feeling that in the past down some corridor or dusty room had saved his life. Funny that how those dead still refuse to give up their treasure and left nasty traps.

He scanned the woods, his senses alert for danger but apart from shadows and the faint movements of nocturnal animals there was nothing. Then he shrugged and picked up his ladle to stir the stew and then he noticed her bobbing up and down in the hot air rising from the fire.

“Oh I did not see you there, you should have said you had arrived.” Orion smiled at her taking her as being one of the first of his recruits to arrive. He put the ladle in and stirred the stew, “I think it is almost done, want some?”

Rygarr

Rygarr heard about a man recruiting people to go in the tower, so he was interested. He did want to go in, but he rather go in a group so the chances of him getting caught off guard were lower. He walked to the wood below the hill and saw a steaming pot. "Hello anyone there?" He called out as he continued to walk, his hand on his sword hilt.

grovercjuk

Orion glanced away from the fairy he was watching and towards the newcomer. “Welcome friend it seems the woods are alive with people all of a sudden.”

Two had come at least even if he had hoped for more, but then again sometimes he had to play the cards you where dealt.

He waved his hand towards the fire, “My name is Orion, I am afraid that I do nor know either of your names.”

Rygarr

He saw the men and walked over, sitting by the fire. "I am Rygarr, my profession is the skill with the sword. I hear that you want to go into the tower with a group of allies. What do you hope to accomplish?" He looks over at the soup then back at Orion.

Kairi

The faerie had flushed with color at being caught but once offered food she greatly nodded her head and as the new comer entered the fire she shifted. Her hair growing longer and thicker her body increasing in size and her cloths enchanted with magic stretched to fit her body tighter than in her small form but no where near unflattering, her wings slid into her back leaving two black looking scars with swirling designs around them. Her low cut top filled in with her breasts showing some cleavage but still looking tasteful, her dress belled out fading from a midnight black to a deep purple at the bottom. the ends were frayed stylishly. "I am Kairi." she states at the mention of not knowing either of their names. I live in these woods, they haven't been this popular in a while especially around this area. Are you both really planning on going in there? Forgive me but I must know why, it will be a great tale." She chimes in her light soprano voice jumping and moving closer to both men as she hears something rustling. "Its a little dangerous at this time around here so be cautious" she chimes again staring into the fire wearily remembering some of the creatures she had already confronted and knowing there will be more.

Rygarr

He finally noticed the faerie noticed the faerie when it started growing to normal size. He blushed a little at how cute it looked and how her outfit was a little revealing but not to much of it. He sat next to the fire and listened to her talk. "I am Rygarr, yes we are planning on going in the tower and what kind of creatures roam the forest at this time of night?" He puts his long sword on his lap, his right hand on the hilt of the sword.

grovercjuk

Orion smiled, “Kairi, Rygarr pleased to met both of you. Please help yourselves to food and drink whilst I tell you a story.” He settled himself down making himself more comfortable on the log he was sitting on.

“The tower belongs to a mage named Toksvig, a minor mage it is said but he had an interesting artifact. A bracelet made from the feather of a Phoenix, which protects the wearer from fire.
Now about a month ago Toksvig had a disagreement with a Troll which the Troll won. The artifact was not amongst his possessions so presumably it is in his tower.”

Orion took a sip before he continued, “I wish to acquire the bracelet as a Red Dragon is guarding an item I very much wish to inspect. So the deal is a simple one, I get the bracelet, those who accompany me spilt what ever we find that is of use to them.”

He included them both in a smile, “So subject to anyone else joining us are you two interested?”

Rygarr

Rygarr listened to the story and nodded, thinking the task wouldn't be that hard. "So how is the bracelet in the tower when the troll won the disagreement?" He asked getting a bowl of soup and drink from one of his own water skins, laying against a log to be comfortable. 

Kairi

The petite faerie sat and listened to them both devouring some of the soup rather quickly letting it warm her bones. She was curious as to where he heard this tale having heard it differently from her people, the troll having sentenced the man to be tortured by the dragon. She wasn't about to interrupt the couple just yet so she sat listening and playing with the frills of her dress as the wind ruffled them from time to time.

grovercjuk

Orin smiled, “Because our little wizard was on the way back from shall we say enjoying the favours of a local farmer’s wife. Quite the reputation he had for such going’s on and many suspect that the troll was lured into his path by a cheated husband.”

He waved at the food, “Please eat until you are full. And presumably the only fire he was intending to experience was that of passion rather than actual fire.”

Then he looked from one to another, “Please ask any more questions you may have.”

Rygarr

Rygarr nodded, understanding the story. "I see, im curious on what skills you have in battle and what not. If you plan to rely on others to fight then i would lose respect for you." He said in all seriousness. 

grovercjuk

Orion laughed, “Battle skills, in that regard I am some what lacking.” He pointed at his staff, “I can do a little head bashing with that, but my skills are of a more magical nature.”

He turned his attention to their winged companion, “And you my little lady, what skills do you bring to the table?”

Rygarr

Valther nodded, hoping that he would have some good spells to be put to use. He turned to the fairy to see what she would say.

Kairi

The little faerie looks up supprised by teh sudden attention. she wasn't used to being the center of it after all she was normally only two inches tall teh majority of the time. She gulped her food and simply and plainly said "tactics."

grovercjuk

“Tactics, that is an interesting skill.” Orion mused on that for a while and then smiled, “Seems that we are three, shall we wait for any more or shall we  finish our meal and go to the tower in the morning?”

Rygarr

"Where did you learn such skills m'lady?" He asked looking over to her, then looking back at Orion. "It doesnt really look like other people are coming so i guess we can leave in the morning."