Avatar: Rebirth, Tales of the Waterbender

Started by OHWceta, January 22, 2011, 10:07:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OHWceta

It's now modern times, long after world peace was restored by Avatar Aang and his friends, and the world has changed.

The Air tribe has now grown powerful and rules the Earth from cities floating in the sky as the Earth Nation. The Water and Earth Tribes live happy peaceful existances subserviant to the government of the Air Nation. Most bending has been long since forgotten and benders are rare and far scattered across the globe, most of them making up the powerful government as officials or military officers.

Most Fire Nation benders work the lower levels and maintain much of the technological advancements their nation founded. Occasionally a rebellion strikes out only to be quickly put down. Most of the people keep to themselves and trade between the Fire Nation is much rarer than the others nations who have a cooperate bond. In the Earth Kingdom and Water Tribes there is much racism against people of the fire nation, and despite the government's claim at no tolerance, it often turns a blind eye to complaints by the fire nation seeing them as frivolous. Recently however, rumors have been spreading of a new Avatar, during such peaceful times many wonder why, but others fear a storm is brewing and a war is not far away. One way or the other, the search for the Avatar is on and many seek to claim the Avatar for whatever goal they may have in mind.

"Come on in, the water's fine, this is the last time we'll get to enjoy the beach before school!" shouted Ceta running into the water.
"You guys go on ahead, I think I found something cool" said June who had her eye on some old air nomad artifacts, they were always washing up on shore around here so it had been her hobby during the summer to collect them.
"Don't be a party pooper, _____ here is coming swimming, right? asked Ceta looking in their direction. (Fill in the blank with whoever wants to join this RP.)
Can't get enough of RPing? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome.
http://roleplayparadiseii.forumotion.com/forum.htm

dontbegentle1214

"Of course I'm going swimming!" Hakku said as he ran toward the water.

OHWceta

"See, so hurry up" Ceta shouted at June
June quickly grabbed the item and stuck it in her bag.

As they got to the beach they saw a small boy being harrassed by bullies.
Ceta grabbed a stick which he flawlessly used as a sword against the harassers until they fled. His private martial arts lessons were paying off, one of the advantages of being the son of a powerful council member.
"Thank you, you saved me" said the boy, dusting the sand out of his golden colored hair.
"Don't mention it" said Ceta
"Not every day that a fire tribe gets saved by the kid of an air tribe councilor, name's Garm, any way I can repay you?"
Ceta hesitated for a moment, he had heard Fire tribe people were not to be trusted, but this kid seemed pretty normal
"You know your stuff kid, how did you know of our relation to a councilor?" asked Ceta
"Her crest" said Garm pointing to June's bag.
"I told you to be more careful, it's not safe people knowing who we are, there's always people looking for ransom on kids like us" Ceta scolded June
"You're paranoid, we can't just lock ourselves up because our daddy's rich" said June angrily.
"Don't worry, I wont hold you hostage or anything" said Garm trying to ease the tension.
Can't get enough of RPing? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome.

dontbegentle1214

Hakku followed the others to the fight and his eyes widened when he saw what Ceta could do with a simple stick. "Wow, I had no idea you were such a great fighter Ceta!" he said. He then looked at the fire nation boy and started backing away. "hey guys I think we should get away from here, my parents say that these people are nothing but trouble" he said obviously getting a bit nervous.

OHWceta

Garm looked dejected by Hakku's comment.
"He never did anything to prove he was bad, I trust him" said Ceta, "Let's go, the beach wont be warm all day"
June and Garm followed Ceta as they headed to the more crowded area of the beach where teens were playing ball and others were sunbathing while mostly children played in the water, splashing one another.

dontbegentle1214

Hakku kept his distance from the fire nation boy as if he was carrying a deadly contagious virus. Hakku's parents spent most of their time teaching him about old water tribe traditions and retelling the stories of The War. He remembers them telling him about how the fire nation almost wiped out the southern water tribe and even tried to kill the moon spirit during their attack on the North. Most of what Hakku's parents told him went in one ear and out the other, but when it came to the fire nation he was always wary. He wasn't prepared to let this ruin his fun however and rushed to the water.

OHWceta

Ceta had his eye on something else though, a suspicious truck sped around the corner.
Ceta knew this area was restricted and nobody was allowed there so nobody should be trying to get it.
He began to run towards the area where the Truck went
"Where are you going?" asked June
"I've got a bad feeling about this" said Ceta
"Me?" asked Garm
"No, you're fine, but something's going on in the restricted area" said Ceta

dontbegentle1214

"oh c'mon what now?" Hakku asked as he turned and followed Ceta. He became more interested, however when he saw where they were headed and why.