Dynasty Warriors Parody/Silliness

Started by Inerrant Lust, February 17, 2018, 05:28:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inerrant Lust

So this is an idea in my main requests thread and I even posted it in group wanted but since it's wriggling in my brain, I figure I'd post it here as well because at the moment, I think it deserves it own separate thread.

The thirty first strategy of the treatise 'thirty six strategems' is as follows;

Quote(美人計/美人计, Měi rén jì)
Send your enemy beautiful women to cause discord within his camp. This strategy can work on three levels. First, the ruler becomes so enamoured with the beauty that he neglects his duties and allows his vigilance to wane. Second, the group of men will begin to have issues if the desired women courts another man, thus creating conflict and aggressive behavior. Third, other females at court, motivated by jealousy and envy, begin to plot intrigues further exacerbating the situation.

The premise is simple (but not shallow!), though originally conceived for DW8 and previous game's style, I wanted to write a humorous and fun parody of the series' particular quirks. Not just the unique characters but even the mechanics and the sometimes silly arbitrariness of the game.

The narrative that facilitates this would be that one of the titular three kingdoms is really in a bind and defeat seems all but assured. The strength of men and armies seems futile to turn back the tide of war so... one strategy is offered, an unthinkable strategy to send out the kingdom's women- not to fight, but to seduce. Not to lead armies in combat, but to raise their morale at camp... Instead of Zhang Fei standing on a bridge to hold off the mass of enemies before him, there stands a woman prepared to sexually exhaust every man brave enough to try her.

This becomes the new evolution in warfare and soon, all three kingdoms are forced to play by these new rules.

In particular, I feel the distinct roster of Dynasty Warriors is something I want to explore. In this new form of warfare, how do the ladies adapt? Xingcai is ever serious but ever dutiful, not the sort of woman who would be caught indulging in such revelry. Wang Yi is so sullen... but will she lose herself in earthly pleasures or dominate the battlefield? Sun Shangxiang's boundless enthusiasm and optimism might as well be brought to such affairs....

A waaaaaayy too thorough pitch can be read here where I dive into not just the games but my love for the history of the time period and start rambling on about all the women that the game (and indeed the novel) doesn't cover. Did you know that recorded in history, there was a female bandit active in Cao Cao's territory for a brief time?

Inerrant Lust

This idea is once again prodding at me, begging to be realized...  ::)