Seeking players and a GM for an unusual D&D 3.5 game... [Update: GM found!]

Started by Kunoichi, April 24, 2015, 12:03:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaer Darkwail

Heh, or you could take my suggestion that Vholdran invited everyone over to his place instant they ascended (as he pretty much predicted it would happen).

Zaer Darkwail

I did some upgrades for my sheet, when got time Kunoichi, check it out and thanks again for the advices. As note the fel fire staff is +5 weapon (+1 base enchant and +4 worth of other enchants in it). So naturally magic weapons (greater) plays role along with extend spell to have +5 base enchant on it all the time. Good suggestion on Vecna blooded template; it had exactly the power I wanted (cloak of mystery) but the two others are also very nice.

PaleEnchantress

Mineral Music Titles, just thinking of some songs i like. . .

Perpetual Desolation
Until the Dark
Fairy Tales from Hell's Caves
Extraterrestrial Suicide
Blight Thrills
Starquake
Within the Dark Domain
As the Snow Turns Red
Throne of the Dark Immortals
When the Wolves Cry
A Macabre Banquet
Christfucked
The New Flesh
Velvet Darkness They Fear
Bring Forth Ye Shadow
Black as the Devil Painteth
As the Shadows Dance
Love Decay
For Whom the Moon Doth Shine
Kill the Sun
My Scarlet Name
A Rose on the Grave of Love
When the Mirror Cracks
Our Neverworld
Asphyxiate With Fear
Pandemonic Outbreak
The Beauty in Black
The Sorrow of the Moon
A Fall into the Eclypse
Clavicula Nox
The Flesh of the Gods
Darkest White
Requiem for the Innocent
The Light I Shine Upon You
Lost and Damned
Descent of the Archangel
In Mourning After
The Black Halo
Ghost Opera
Fester Love
Invite to Immorality
Night Breed
Other Side of the Door
Liliac of Damnation\
Rape This World
Spirits of Crime

I could keep going. . .

" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

Lockepick

RE: Special Attack/Qualities -- Gotcha! My apologies on misreading Whisper Demon. I'll stick with Aura of Inebriation as my special attack -- and use your modified Connoisseur of Life and Guardian Souls as my Special Qualities!

As for Weaknesses:
Vampiric Weaknesses: I think the whole slew of Vampiric Weaknesses are honestly way too limiting for a PC. Like I'd never play a Vampire without Vampire Lord because of it. I suppose generous uses of Scrying + Greater Teleport could fix getting across most rivers/oceans, but not being able to attack any dude holding garlic is a bit much.
Tomb-Tainted Soul: I'll probably go with this one. At first I was a little nervous about basically never being able to be near Orcus -- but then again, I guess I shouldn't really be itching to be around him anyway.

I'll finish updating my sheet when I get back! After this, I think all I need is gear!
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Kunoichi

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on May 17, 2015, 10:07:51 AM
I did some upgrades for my sheet, when got time Kunoichi, check it out and thanks again for the advices. As note the fel fire staff is +5 weapon (+1 base enchant and +4 worth of other enchants in it). So naturally magic weapons (greater) plays role along with extend spell to have +5 base enchant on it all the time. Good suggestion on Vecna blooded template; it had exactly the power I wanted (cloak of mystery) but the two others are also very nice.

Actually, at CL 16, Greater Magic Weapon only provides a +4 bonus, but it's only a +1 difference, so in my opinion the special properties are definitely still worth it. ^^

Your sheet looks good for the most part.  Your added special weakness gives you one bonus feat slot that you haven't used and you still have Corrupt Blood listed under special qualities, even though it's no longer an ability you have.  For the Abyssal Prophet special ability, might I suggest adding in some category of creatures who are immune to the ability to pierce through anti-divination magic?  You could add on some flavor text about Vholdran knowing how to use the power of the Abyss itself to help his divination spells find their targets, and then say that this makes lawful good creatures immune to it, for example.

Alternately, in Complete Champion, Wizards get that Spontaneous Divination alternate class feature that gives them instant access to every divination spell that they have spell slots of a high enough level to cast.  They can trade in prepared spell slots for any divination spell of equal or lower level, off of any class list.  That might be another fun and useful special ability, since it would give you a lot more freedom when preparing your spell list.

Zaer Darkwail

With the prayer bead I get +4 to my CL for 10 minutes, so I can extend the buffs and if they are 1 hour/CL kind like magic weapon (greater) they last 2 days almost. Also I go edit away corrupt blood (it was original idea until I decided turn prophet special quality into a trait). Anycase bit loss on what feat to take; any suggestions? Anycase I edit abyssal prophet so that Abyss itself helps in his divinations but forces/people which are opposite to it block it.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Mantis Shrimp Prime on May 17, 2015, 02:06:31 AM
1) K, so that's fine. I mean miracle is free anyway... and does almost the same thing.
\

Quote from: Mantis Shrimp Prime on May 17, 2015, 02:50:19 AM
(i.e. if the other players get edgy about it, no... this is a major reason for me saying no wishes, because, yeah, then everybody would do it, like Enchantress mentioned...)

Sorry, but now I'm getting mixed signals. Should I get rid of Wish as one of my spells known, or can I keep it? I like the potential fluff of it reflecting his ability to create 'illusions' potent enough to fool the cosmic fabric of reality, but it sounds like you've made two contradictory rulings mechanics-wise.

Separate issue, but here's the special abilities/qualities I'm planning on:

Innate Magic

Aerophobos's sorcerous abilities have become a part of his very being, to a fundamental level even deeper than ordinary sylphs enjoy. He casts his sorcerer spells as if they were spell-like abilities, requiring no verbal, somatic, or other components.
This is a copypaste of the second half of the Phaerimm's Spells ability, with the wording slightly tweaked to make it 3.5 compatible.

Embodiment of Terror

Aerophobos does not simply live fear, or project fear - he is fear, and forcing others to experience that fear is one of his most potent defenses. Any spells or abilities he possesses with the [Fear] descriptor have their save DCs increased by 2, and such effects are potent enough to affect even targets otherwise immune to fear, though they still receive any saving throw to resist the effect. Only a target whose Hit Dice exceeds his Caster Level by 4 or more is immune to Embodiment of Terror.
This is another near-direct copypaste of the Dread Witch's Greater Master of Terror ability, altered in wording slightly so that his spell-like abilities and special attacks (like Frightful Presence) can benefit as well. That makes it slightly better than GMoT, so I can shed the Save DC boost if this needs to be balanced downward.

Tenacious Illusions

The deep-rooted connections Aerophobos has with darkness and the magic of shadows infuses all of his illusions, infusing them with a sort of semi-reality that resists hostile divination effects. Anyone who uses a divination spell, (such as Detect Magic), spell-like ability, supernatural ability, or magic item that could detect the aura of one of his illusion spells must make a successful caster level check (DC 11+Aerophobos's caster level) to succeed. Similarly, an enemy attempting to reveal the effects of one of his spells via a divination spell or ability (such as See Invisibility or True Seeing) must succeed on a caster level check. If they fail, they are subject to the spell as normal, including any regular saves to disbelieve or resist.This check may be made only once for each divination spell or ability used, regardless of the number of spell effects are operating in the area.
Another near-direct copypaste of the wording of the Insidious Magic feat from Player's Guide to Faerun. I changed the references to Weave users, adding an explicit mention of True Seeing as something it can potentially foil, and made the ability work only on Illusion spells instead of all spells except Evocations and Transmutations.

For special weaknesses:
Flesh of Solid Shadow

Aerophobos has taken the essence of shadow and darkness into his bodily form, partially transmuting him into a being of living shadow. He retains his corporeal form, but is extremely sensitive to certain forms of light. Any weapon with the Brilliant Energy quality automatically bypasses his Damage Reduction, in addition to its normal effects. Additionally, any weapon capable of giving off light as a torch (approximately 30% of magic weapons, by default) functions as a Bane weapon versus Aerophobos, gaining an additional +2 enhancement and +2d6 bonus damage. This does not stack with the Bane (Outsiders) enhancement, but does apply to Brilliant Energy weapons in addition to the effects above.
Inspired by the Keen weapons weakness of Kunoichi, but I beefed it up a little to account for Brilliant Energy being much more expensive than Keen.

Anathema To The Light

Just as Aerophobos is burned by the touch of light, his magic is similarly infused with shadow and suffers when exposed to light. All of his spells and spell-like abilities are considered to have the [Darkness] descriptor for the purpose of being countered or dispelled by a [Light] spell of equal or higher level. This is an exception to the usual rule that spell-like abilities cannot be countered as they are cast.

When exposed directly to natural sunlight or cast in natural sunlight, not merely a Daylight spell, all of Aerophobos's spells suffer a -4 penalty to their caster level, and all opponents receive a +4 circumstance bonus on saving throws versus those spells.
The first effect is unique, the second effect is patterned off the Shadow Demon's sunlight vulnerability.

Lockepick

My Original Post here has been updated to include the new Attack/Qualities/Weakness.

I also swapped out Scry for Greater Magic Fang -- I figure I can use Limited Wish for Scrying if need be.

I still need to figure out my gear -- as well as selecting four feats -- and putting some fluff/purpose into my Leadership.

For our big artifact, are we ignoring the rule about combining items where the most expensive 'piece' has its price doubled?
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Zaer Darkwail

I myself used the official SDR where you pick most expensive item, then add second expensive property with 76% of it's full price and then 1/2 price with any additional (but I used that for staff which did not take item slot in body, but different rules I recall was with body slot items and so doubling most expensive item in bunch is correct likely).

Kunoichi

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on May 17, 2015, 12:08:15 PM
Sorry, but now I'm getting mixed signals. Should I get rid of Wish as one of my spells known, or can I keep it? I like the potential fluff of it reflecting his ability to create 'illusions' potent enough to fool the cosmic fabric of reality, but it sounds like you've made two contradictory rulings mechanics-wise.

Perhaps he's saying he wouldn't mind if you picked up Arcane Disciple (Luck) and used shadow magic tricks to be able to cast Miracle spontaneously from your 9th-level spell slots?  25,000 gp in expensive material components would even let you pretend to be a deity and stage divine interventions if you went for that particular spell over Wish. ^^;

Separate issue, but here's the special abilities/qualities I'm planning on:

Innate Magic

Aerophobos's sorcerous abilities have become a part of his very being, to a fundamental level even deeper than ordinary sylphs enjoy. He casts his sorcerer spells as if they were spell-like abilities, requiring no verbal, somatic, or other components.
This is a copypaste of the second half of the Phaerimm's Spells ability, with the wording slightly tweaked to make it 3.5 compatible.

Embodiment of Terror

Aerophobos does not simply live fear, or project fear - he is fear, and forcing others to experience that fear is one of his most potent defenses. Any spells or abilities he possesses with the [Fear] descriptor have their save DCs increased by 2, and such effects are potent enough to affect even targets otherwise immune to fear, though they still receive any saving throw to resist the effect. Only a target whose Hit Dice exceeds his Caster Level by 4 or more is immune to Embodiment of Terror.
This is another near-direct copypaste of the Dread Witch's Greater Master of Terror ability, altered in wording slightly so that his spell-like abilities and special attacks (like Frightful Presence) can benefit as well. That makes it slightly better than GMoT, so I can shed the Save DC boost if this needs to be balanced downward.

Tenacious Illusions

The deep-rooted connections Aerophobos has with darkness and the magic of shadows infuses all of his illusions, infusing them with a sort of semi-reality that resists hostile divination effects. Anyone who uses a divination spell, (such as Detect Magic), spell-like ability, supernatural ability, or magic item that could detect the aura of one of his illusion spells must make a successful caster level check (DC 11+Aerophobos's caster level) to succeed. Similarly, an enemy attempting to reveal the effects of one of his spells via a divination spell or ability (such as See Invisibility or True Seeing) must succeed on a caster level check. If they fail, they are subject to the spell as normal, including any regular saves to disbelieve or resist.This check may be made only once for each divination spell or ability used, regardless of the number of spell effects are operating in the area.
Another near-direct copypaste of the wording of the Insidious Magic feat from Player's Guide to Faerun. I changed the references to Weave users, adding an explicit mention of True Seeing as something it can potentially foil, and made the ability work only on Illusion spells instead of all spells except Evocations and Transmutations.

The Dread Witch's Greater Master of Terror ability is a special attack, unfortunately.  That said, the part of Phaerimm spellcasting that lets their spells count as spell-like abilities was made into a separate special quality in Monsters of Faerun, called Phaerimm Magic, so you've still got two special qualities and one special attack in the end. ^^

I'd add one slight change of wording to the Embodiment of Terror special ability.  'Any spells or abilities he possesses with the [Fear] descriptor or that are specifically called out as being fear effects'.

Also, the bonus on save DCs for Greater Master of Terror is actually only +1.  It just stacks with the other +1 added on by the Dread Witch's lesser Master of Terror ability.  One fun alternative to that save DC boost could be to pick up the boost to the Intimidate skill from the lesser Master of Terror ability, though.  A nice +10 untyped bonus (profane bonus?) to Intimidate would make Aerophobos quite the scary guy indeed...

For special weaknesses:
Flesh of Solid Shadow

Aerophobos has taken the essence of shadow and darkness into his bodily form, partially transmuting him into a being of living shadow. He retains his corporeal form, but is extremely sensitive to certain forms of light. Any weapon with the Brilliant Energy quality automatically bypasses his Damage Reduction, in addition to its normal effects. Additionally, any weapon capable of giving off light as a torch (approximately 30% of magic weapons, by default) functions as a Bane weapon versus Aerophobos, gaining an additional +2 enhancement and +2d6 bonus damage. This does not stack with the Bane (Outsiders) enhancement, but does apply to Brilliant Energy weapons in addition to the effects above.
Inspired by the Keen weapons weakness of Kunoichi, but I beefed it up a little to account for Brilliant Energy being much more expensive than Keen.

Anathema To The Light

Just as Aerophobos is burned by the touch of light, his magic is similarly infused with shadow and suffers when exposed to light. All of his spells and spell-like abilities are considered to have the [Darkness] descriptor for the purpose of being countered or dispelled by a [Light] spell of equal or higher level. This is an exception to the usual rule that spell-like abilities cannot be countered as they are cast.

When exposed directly to natural sunlight or cast in natural sunlight, not merely a Daylight spell, all of Aerophobos's spells suffer a -4 penalty to their caster level, and all opponents receive a +4 circumstance bonus on saving throws versus those spells.
The first effect is unique, the second effect is patterned off the Shadow Demon's sunlight vulnerability.

Good call on beefing up the Flesh of Solid Shadows weakness.  The only reason I let Torahime's weakness be that Keen weapons merely bypass her damage reduction was because that property is both common and easy enough to get ahold of even without resorting to weapon properties that I'm expecting to run into it quite often.  Anathema to the Light also looks very flavorful and fitting. ^^

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on May 17, 2015, 12:00:51 PM
With the prayer bead I get +4 to my CL for 10 minutes, so I can extend the buffs and if they are 1 hour/CL kind like magic weapon (greater) they last 2 days almost. Also I go edit away corrupt blood (it was original idea until I decided turn prophet special quality into a trait). Anycase bit loss on what feat to take; any suggestions? Anycase I edit abyssal prophet so that Abyss itself helps in his divinations but forces/people which are opposite to it block it.

Well, you do get 100 ft telepathy for being a Demon Lord, even though it's not normally part of the Obyrith subtype.  How about Mindsight?

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on May 17, 2015, 12:43:16 PM
I myself used the official SDR where you pick most expensive item, then add second expensive property with 76% of it's full price and then 1/2 price with any additional (but I used that for staff which did not take item slot in body, but different rules I recall was with body slot items and so doubling most expensive item in bunch is correct likely).

I'd recommend using the Magic Item Compendium rules.  For magic items that take up body slots, the most expensive item is multiplied x1.5 in price (slotless items are already naturally doubled by default, however, so they don't get any multipliers), and then every additional item added on after that is only half cost.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Kunoichi on May 17, 2015, 12:51:20 PM
Perhaps he's saying he wouldn't mind if you picked up Arcane Disciple (Luck) and used shadow magic tricks to be able to cast Miracle spontaneously from your 9th-level spell slots?  25,000 gp in expensive material components would even let you pretend to be a deity and stage divine interventions if you went for that particular spell over Wish. ^^;
Sadly, I don't have the feats for that yet - mimicking 9th level spells via Shadow Illusion requires Earth Sense and Earth Spell, and require me to be touching unworked earth or stone (which will be in short supply in the Abyss to begin with, plus I'm a Flying creature). And I'm pretty sure impersonating a god would cause even bigger issues than being able to Wish for stuff. So I'm hoping that he's okay with my limited supply of free Wishes where an unlimited supply wouldn't be okay.

The Dread Witch's Greater Master of Terror ability is a special attack, unfortunately.  That said, the part of Phaerimm spellcasting that lets their spells count as spell-like abilities was made into a separate special quality in Monsters of Faerun, called Phaerimm Magic, so you've still got two special qualities and one special attack in the end. ^^
It's listed as a Special Quality in HoH, but having it as an Attack and the Magic as a Quality works fine in any case.

I'd add one slight change of wording to the Embodiment of Terror special ability.  'Any spells or abilities he possesses with the [Fear] descriptor or that are specifically called out as being fear effects'.

Also, the bonus on save DCs for Greater Master of Terror is actually only +1.  It just stacks with the other +1 added on by the Dread Witch's lesser Master of Terror ability.  One fun alternative to that save DC boost could be to pick up the boost to the Intimidate skill from the lesser Master of Terror ability, though.  A nice +10 untyped bonus (profane bonus?) to Intimidate would make Aerophobos quite the scary guy indeed...
Good idea, I'll do that. Alternatively, I could just fold Master of Terror and Greater Master of Terror into a single ability, the way you folded Uncanny and Improved Uncanny Dodge - since he doesn't actually have any Dread Witch levels, he wouldn't get any innate Intimidate bonus.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Kunoichi on May 17, 2015, 12:51:20 PM
Well, you do get 100 ft telepathy for being a Demon Lord, even though it's not normally part of the Obyrith subtype.  How about Mindsight?

Hmmm, good call. I take that so besides knowing if I am under a attack (foresight allows me never be surprised) it allows locate thinking people in 100'ft (or 100'ft from one my abyssal prophet eyes and they got 1 mile range to them). Anycase I am happy with my staff as if I hit someone I can use brutal surge to knock them back quite easily (as besides my massive Str score which I can bolster further with magic I am large size which adds bonus to bull rush checks).

Now that my char is complete; any opinions on him and his potentials and such? I noticed in some parts he is nowhere close to 'combat' house but I hope he is not useless in that regard either (I think I need carefully watch what spells I memorize, or rather that his strongest suite is knowledge; he simply knows how to defeat his foes and find means to do so).

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Kunoichi on May 17, 2015, 03:32:38 AM
It looks like a pretty good special attack, and very fitting for both your character concept and the sort of fun you like to have in games like these. ^^ That said, as written, I think it's just a little too powerful, compared to other special abilities in play.  There's two small changes I'd like to propose for the ability.

First, in keeping with the fact that we're all CR 16 and 16 HD, cutting the ability down to forms of 16 HD or less would probably be a good idea.  The Silthilar's Warp Flesh ability functions as Polymorph Any Object, but is limited to a caster level of 9, equal to that creature's HD, so there is some precedent there.

Second, I think that any alterations you make that cause a statistical change should be permanent.  This will ultimately be a much smaller limit on the ability than the first suggestion, but will change the aesthetics of it a bit, since the subjects for it (such as the example succubus) won't be re-usable.

Actually that first part is a fine idea. Totally will limit form based on character level. The second part doesn't really even make sense to me though. I like the part of it where even if you've already been ripped apart and molded into something disgusting The Whore/Atroxica/Cybele might just decide to snatch you up and do it again. Plus it allows more shenanigans   with fellow PC's where I can do something to them that they don't want but a few posts later "Ugh you are so uninspired. Worthless Plebeian, fine I'll give you your digestive system back!"

PaleEnchantress

Trying to find a picture for my character. . .  ZAER HELP MEEE!

Images

I really like this first one though I don't like the face. What draws me to this image is that you can imagine that the strange silver skin tight garb of her's ISN"T clothing at all but designs on her skin made of her skin. Even the high heels are made from bone and cartilage. The material even looks like you can see veins in it. Very beautiful indeed.

This one is nice the design around the eyes looking like cracked porcelain, the hair, horns nails. Has a certain body mod beauty to it. Plus has a certain androgyny no chest exposed to show heaving breasts or muscular male physique.

This one works because it looks doll like and not like a living creature should. Flat chest works well for a non gendered entity thats still supposed to be alluring.

More obviously female, but a bit abstract and with markings that look like neither clothing nor tatoos

Play up the body mod, and play down the femininity and we have. . . This one really brings out the body alteration angle

A few others . . .

TheGlyphstone

The Queen of Blades from Starcraft has some pretty blatant body-mod/fleshmolding stuff going on, and you can probably find some excellent fan-art of her, though she might be a bit too visibly feminine for what you have in mind.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on May 17, 2015, 03:03:31 PM
The Queen of Blades from Starcraft has some pretty blatant body-mod/fleshmolding stuff going on, and you can probably find some excellent fan-art of her, though she might be a bit too visibly feminine for what you have in mind.

Both to feminine and too recognizable. I dont like using exceptionally famous characters in role play since everyone sort of subconsciously will be going "Hey looks its Kerrigan!"

Did any of those pictures seem particularly interesting though, Glyph?

TheGlyphstone

#1 is my favorite of the options, with #5 being a close second. If you were going for a living-doll/construct theme, I would have voted #3.

Re Z L

Quote from: Kunoichi on May 17, 2015, 03:32:38 AM
Well, that would certainly make a creature that would fit in with general Obyrith aesthetics, though I should note that you'd specifically gain the Obyrith subtype from the Demon Lord template, rather than as its own separate thing.

For your class levels, you might be interested to know that you can use psionics while inhabiting a host body.  Psychic Warrior would probably be the best option, considering what your mental stats are going to be like after adding on all the templates, although you could also afford to instead take the Cleric casting from Monster of Legend and take a divine casting prestige class or two.  You could even afford to lose a level of spellcasting, since you'll get an extra level from the template.

Any thoughts on backstory, personality, or any sort of general theme you'd like to have with this character?

I do think I may have found some
inspiration
and Psionics was something I was looking into...  I think Psychic Warrior would be a good fit along with Warshaper just to fit the inspiration.

Maybe try and change the at-will polymorph to a psi-like ability for Metamorphosis too
A&A

Mantis Shrimp Prime

PaleEnchantress -- You have excellent musical tastes (presuming those are songs you know/like).
Of course, coming up with a list is easy... *picking* one...

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on May 17, 2015, 12:08:15 PM

It's fine. I'm just saying, as long as that stuff is tied to some kind of spells per day, and not at-will abilities or anything like that.
And I also mean, I think you should pay a component cost to do anything big and permanent, like wishing up magic items or giving inherent ability scores.

As one more thing, what kind of stuff do y'all want in this game?
Since you're not an adventuring party you'll have a lot of room to do you own thing, but on the whole, what kind of directions would you like to take (and what kind of escapades do you see your characters attempting?)

TheGlyphstone

Okay, that's fair. No churning out inherent stat bonuses to everyone without significant material cost, and if I want to invoke one of the unique clauses - transport travelers, undo misfortune, remove affliction - we can work out something on the spot for an appropriate cost to pay for messing with casuality that way.

As for what we are going to do, I have no idea. I'll have to brainstorm a bit, to think up some motivations for my character.

Regarding summons: A Sylph can naturally summon a Large elemental 1/day, so I want to keep that theme for my innate summons by conjuring up Demon-Infused Elementals instead of regular ones. But I'm not sure how to scale it...an Elder Elemental is CR11, too weak, but an Elemental Monolith is CR17, a bit too strong. Would 1d4 Elders or one Monolith 1/day be a fair demon-lord level summoning ability? Or is that too much?

Re Z L

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on May 17, 2015, 03:00:43 PM
Trying to find a picture for my character. . .  ZAER HELP MEEE!

Images

I really like this first one though I don't like the face. What draws me to this image is that you can imagine that the strange silver skin tight garb of her's ISN"T clothing at all but designs on her skin made of her skin. Even the high heels are made from bone and cartilage. The material even looks like you can see veins in it. Very beautiful indeed.

This one is nice the design around the eyes looking like cracked porcelain, the hair, horns nails. Has a certain body mod beauty to it. Plus has a certain androgyny no chest exposed to show heaving breasts or muscular male physique.

This one works because it looks doll like and not like a living creature should. Flat chest works well for a non gendered entity thats still supposed to be alluring.

More obviously female, but a bit abstract and with markings that look like neither clothing nor tatoos

Play up the body mod, and play down the femininity and we have. . . This one really brings out the body alteration angle

A few others . . .

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

A&A

Zaer Darkwail

My top three favorites from that image gallery were (from top to bottom); Second, Third and Eight. Eight one drew attention because of the regal femine look (plus elf/fiendish combination along with jewelry).

Some my own findings (sorry, I could find only femine ones)

Mantis Shrimp Prime

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on May 17, 2015, 03:18:42 PM
Okay, that's fair. No churning out inherent stat bonuses to everyone without significant material cost, and if I want to invoke one of the unique clauses - transport travelers, undo misfortune, remove affliction - we can work out something on the spot for an appropriate cost to pay for messing with casuality that way.

Remove afflictions should be fine (though, mind, certain unique afflictions might require more even a simple wish).

Regarding summons: A Sylph can naturally summon a Large elemental 1/day, so I want to keep that theme for my innate summons by conjuring up Demon-Infused Elementals instead of regular ones. But I'm not sure how to scale it...an Elder Elemental is CR11, too weak, but an Elemental Monolith is CR17, a bit too strong. Would 1d4 Elders or one Monolith 1/day be a fair demon-lord level summoning ability? Or is that too much?

Maybe an advanced Elder? Slap some extra HD on it and beef it up accordingly?

add: Does everyone have a summon? I think it'd be fun if your innate summons had a personality to them and it was the same one every time. If you want you could write up a personality for them, or I could.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Mantis Shrimp Prime on May 17, 2015, 03:14:10 PM
PaleEnchantress -- You have excellent musical tastes (presuming those are songs you know/like).
Of course, coming up with a list is easy... *picking* one...

As one more thing, what kind of stuff do y'all want in this game?
Since you're not an adventuring party you'll have a lot of room to do you own thing, but on the whole, what kind of directions would you like to take (and what kind of escapades do you see your characters attempting?)

First off, yes those are songs by some of my favorite bands. You actually recognized most of them, fuck yes! \m/

Secondly I love social, political , and interaction based encounters. For combat encounters I really like large multi level cinematic combat. At high levels, especially in a forum based game I find it a lot more fun to have one large encounter with reinforcements coming in at some point. Encourage the party to split up, but not necessarily fight on different battlefields, just go after different objectives as part of the same large fight. - (Though you certainly can encourage us to split and do two separate challenges at once occasionally too)

Entirely traditional dungeon crawls can be tedious and not actually very challenging at high levels and on forums. The two together get pretty wretched. That said if you want to do something that sort of resembles a dungeon crawl have it be a focus on exploration or siege.  For exploration combat takes a back seat as we discover story relevant information and possibly claim the territory as ours. For siege the biggest thing is actually getting inside the dungeon and once inside only one or two key objectives need be seen to.

Hell since this is in the abyss you can use some really exotic situations. \

Edit: On Mantis question about summons. I do not have a racial summon as I'm a Loumara. However I have THREE cohorts and the magic skill to summon them at will.