The teacher (Wolvenrogue and udontknowme)

Started by wolvenrogue, August 13, 2011, 04:40:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolvenrogue

This post is the start of a roleplay between Wolvenrogue and udontknowme

I had been on the trail all day and it was near evening.  I was glad to be heading home.  Whats this?  The stage coach? It should have been past here hours ago. The stage sat still and lifeless on the road, the horses gone belongings and bodies strewn everywhere.  looking through the wreckage I hear a soft moan from beneath the stage. Kneeling, I see you in a crumpled heap on the ground, your shoulder badly bleeding.

Udontknowme010

I quietly lay amongst the ruins of the stage coach. "Ugh..." Softly, I tried desperately to remember what had happened. "Okay, take it slow, think from the earliest memory..." The earliest thing I remembered...was setting out in the coach. And the coach being attacked without warning...screams, blood and bodies lay everywhere. One bandit saw me and....

wolvenrogue

Maam? are you ok ? seeing you moving slightly. Your shoulder is shot up. Please dont try to move. I scoop you up in my arms ever so gently and move you to where I have spread my saddle blanket on a moss-covered peice of ground. kneels beside you.

Udontknowme010

"Ouch..." I am still stunned, out of it. I have no idea what happened or that I am even moved, so focused on figuring out what happened am I. Weakly, I move a hand up to my shoulder and wince...sticky and red...blood? I sigh...nothing in my training taught me about this!

(And now its dinnertime xD I'll be back in half hour or so..if you're not on, we'll continue whenever ^^)

wolvenrogue

I go to my horse and get my canteen and a flask of whiskey from my saddle bag.  I take off my shirt and tear some bandages from it. I ever-so gently lift your head and try to get you to drink from the canteen. Ma-am that shoulder need attention I say.  I look in your eyes hoping for more than the blank stare I have been getting. You cough and sputter but drink a little water. Ma-am .. my name is Robert Forcythe... you were on the afternoon stage from Dodge headed west. Looks like you were attacked by the Anderson Gang. lucky for you they left you for dead. If they thought you was alive no tellin what they'd done.  Now Ma-am I gotta clean up your shoulder... You do understand don't ya??

(I'll see you in half an hour, I'll eat my dinner too)

Udontknowme010

"Ah..." Hesitantly, I sip from the canteen. Water feels good as it goes down my throat, which is parched and dry from the dust. A spark of life fills my eyes as I cough and drink. "Robert...Forcythe.." Hesitantly, a memory fills my mind. "Forcythe...child....in my class..." Softly, I sit up though my shoulder makes me wince. "P-please, help.."

(Back ^^)

wolvenrogue

Just relax ( wondering why you would repeat my name ) I lay you back down again and begin cutting away the blood soaked sleeve and shoulder from your dress.  I wash away the blood with a little water from the canteen. Your shot through and through I say. This is going to sting. I pour some whiskey into the open wound.  As gently as I can, I hold you still until the pain subsides. As I suspected you would, you pass out.  Taking advantage of the opportunity, I move you to the shot up stage and hitch my horse to it. We begin the slow ride back to my ranch several miles away. We arrive I carry you in, remove your outer clothing and place you in my bed. I sit in the large leather chair next to the bed and watch over you.

Udontknowme010

Gasping from the pain, I bite my lips. "Ow." I wasn't expecting this! Slowly, I pass out from the pain. And yet. somehow, I am vaguely aware of moving. Was he kidnapping me...? Nah...he was too nice.

Once time passes, I awake in your bed. "Ow..." I say again, softly

wolvenrogue

Having closed my eyes as I waited beside you, I jump at the sound of your voice, soft as it was, interupting the quiet rhythm of your breathing. I get up and stand beside the bed looking into your beautiful eyes as the scan the room with a somewhat fearful expression. I smile and softly say "you will be alright now... your safe... your shoulder is pretty bad though, don't try to move it now.  Try and rest, I'll get you something to eat." I go to the kitchen, start a fire and put a black iron pot on to boil. I add dried meat, some vegetables and potatoes, and spices the come back in the room. As we sit and talk the room is slowly filled with aroma of a rich stew cooking. When I return I have a steaming cup of coffee in my hand. I offer you some.

Udontknowme010

"Yes, sir.." Manners matter for a schoolteacher and I am no exception. I can recognize that I'm in no shape to move around or fuss...and strangely, I trust you! So I close my eyes again until you return. When you return, I make the idle chatter, learning who you are and what you do. I learn you're a rancher and I learn your name. When you offer me coffee, I look at it hesitantly, having never had it before. But I try a sip and jump softly, unused to it.

wolvenrogue

I fill two bowls with the stew I've made and bring them in the bedroom.  I try to prop you up so you can eat, but as  try to lift you the sharp pain returns suddenly. I lay you back down. " ma'am, it seems I will need to feed you at least for the time being, are you hungry?"

wolvenrogue

( there are a lot of interesting directions this could go if we werent strictly PG, but for now we'll just have to by-pass them)

Udontknowme010

(I am sure there will be oppertunities later IF we are accepted ^^)

I nod hesitantly. "G-go ahead and feed me..I trust you." I close my eyes and hesitantly open my mouth. "And yes I am hungry."

wolvenrogue

spoons some of the savory stew into your mouth slowly so you dont choke. " I hope you like it".  " I have something for the pain, sip it slow" Holds a cup of coffee with cream to you lips ( to which I've added two shots of Irish whiskey).  "that should help a lot" I say.

Udontknowme010

I take a small bite and swallow of the stew. Flavorful and delicious, I enjoy the taste. "It is delicious." Then came the cofeee. The pain was reduced a bit by the whiskey. "Thank you..but why are you being so kind to me?"

wolvenrogue

At your question you see me look over my shoulder at the portrait of a young woman hanging on the wall. She is nearly your same age, though to you I seem significantly older. You see me smile as i look at it and just a hint of a tear form in the corner of my right eye. My otherwise hardened face softens a little and my gaze looks back to you.  After a poignant moment I answer. "I was brought up to be a gentleman and besides you remind me of someone. Someone very dear. " My hand shakes just a little as I take the next spoonful of stew and hold it to your mouth.  You barely take the food when the serenity of the moment is interupted by the sound of gun fire and horses whineeing. I drop the spoon  "Stay here!" I shout as I pull a shotgun from the rack on the wall and charge out of the room. You hear the front door slam with a thud behind me as I leave the house. You hear yelling and several blasts from the shotgun then you smell smoke. After about an hour, I return to the room, my shirt soaked in blood and covered with black soot. The tension on my face eases noticeably as I realize your still in the room and safe. I sink into the chair and wipe my brow with my handkerchief. "you know miss ... I don't know your name." is all I manage to say.

Udontknowme010

"M-Marion Debrowski.." I reply, shaken. Slowly, I sit up. the pain hurts but is numbed somewhat. Softly, hesitantly, I try to reach for a clean cloth of anything to help you. "I see.." I say, in response to the answer earlier

wolvenrogue

Marion.... what a pretty name... lay down... I'm alright... its just a scratch.  I pull off my shirt and toss it in the corner. ( you see a blood gash along my ribs) I pour some water in the dry sink from a pitcher and start use my handkerchief to wash out the wound. I'm just glad you are OK.

They came back after you. but all they found was the stage. they burned it. Almost set fire to the barn. I think they want to hide the evidence. No matter, I'll kill 'em anyway if they show their faces again. Don't you worry about that! ( laughs). Suddenly realizes what I've done, taking my shirt off in front of you. ( Grabs a blanket from the chair.) Sorry Ma'am! not used to havin' women around here!

Udontknowme010

I wince as I see the gash. "That must hurt..." I lay back down, too tired and hurt to really help. Helpless feelings fill me for a second...until I hear you say you'll protect me. and then I see you without a shirt. "Ah!" Politely, instincively, I avert my eyes, though you really are not bad looking at all...the opposite in fact. "It..it is okay.." I reply softly

wolvenrogue

(congratulations MiLady on your approval, I hope to have mine soon!)

"You wont be offended?" I ask,  dropping the blanket back to the chair. " Let me get this bloody mess cleaned up a minute. Do you sew by chance? Looks like i can use a few stitches if you wouldnt mind. I know its a lot to ask, but its hard to stitch under my arm" I finish washing the wound.

Udontknowme010

(I hope so too, kind sir ^^)

"....It is fine." I weakly smiled a bit and nodded. "D-do I sew? I used to be sewing champion back home..." I then nodded softly. "I-I will sew you up if you need it.." I weakly sit up again

wolvenrogue

I get a needle and thread from the drawer and sit on the edge of the bed, leaning over a bit so you can reach the 8 inch long wound. I hand you the needle and thread. " are you sure you will be alright?"

Udontknowme010

"I will be fine." Nodding, I slowly start sewing the wound closed, trying to impart as little pain as possible. "Be strong.."

wolvenrogue

I wince a little not showing the pain as you sew.  When you finish, I turn to you an say " now its your turn, lets see that shoulder"  I gently uncover your wound. I am pleased that it shows little sign of infection ... the whiskey doing its job well. "you will have a small scar"  I say. "your lucky it missed the bone." I gently caress your soft shoulder lingering longer than I intended to. I look up and into your shining eyes, clear and beautiful and smile.