Not Another Hogwarts Recruitment Thread (Seeking Students and Professors!)

Started by Flower, April 21, 2015, 03:26:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ceralilly

I am brushing up on my lingo, LOL Love Pottermore!

I have to say, these character sheets are a refreshing challenge!
I am the Mistress of Hearts, the Consort of Broken Ones, the Lover of Lost Souls, and the Queen of Goodbyes

Flower

We are still accepting characters! We're a friendly bunch and excited to have more writers on our little side of E.

For those interested, we have a beater position open on team Ravenclaw (Quidditch). It's the Tri-Wizard tournament so writing should be fun. <3

Chaosfox

I think I might be interested in trying to make a character for this again. Though hit will be slow  right now. IM house sitting and the computer I have to use is upstairs in the one room up here and there is no AC >.> . But I will work on A character sheet and have it as soon as I can.
There is no Order only Chaos and all the joys that it brings. 
This way too On's and Off's

Flower

Flower

If people are looking for ideas of what type of characters to make... >.> I would love connections with these characters.

Rachel
Name: Rachel McGee (Ignore the picture of America Ferrera. I haven't got around to updating the picture) ♥♥
House | Year: Ravenclaw | Third Year
Desired Pairing: Romantic
Fetish: Vanilla to light elements of D/s
Personality: Rachel is a fairly friendly girl. She has a close knit of friends who understand and support her in all her endeavors. There really is not a mean bone in her body. Aright, that is a lie. Rachel can be a bitch to those who get on her bad side although that is a fairly hard thing to accomplish for people of the same sex. She can be a little slow to catch on to certain messages from people, and has a habit of allowing her feelings to get hurt easily. Sometimes she can also be a little vindictive when things do not necessarily go her way. She can become obsessive over people but can also quickly get over someone if something better comes along.
History: Rachel is the eldest of three girls. Her sisters all idolize her, or at least she likes to believe that. Her family was the type of muggle family who was positively thrilled at the idea of their daughter being a witch. In fact, her mother could barely contain herself at the family gathering since she wanted to rub it under Rachel's aunt's nose as if to say who was the failure in life now! However, they contained themselves with just throwing their daughter a party themed with witches as a theme. Every now and then, mother and daughter would share a secret laugh with each other since only their little family knew the true meaning of the party. Junior Wizarding Academy was a major adjustment. Well, not to major. The only difference was she learned a new name people could call her. Mudblood. So unoriginal. Boys quickly learned not to call her this when she threatened to smother them in the type of kisses which would make their grandmother's scream for fear of their bloodlines.

Valyrian
Name: Valyrian Kovalenko
House | Year: Durmstrang | 4th Year
Personality: Patient, Disciplined, Sadistic, Subtle, Deceitful
History: Valyrian is one of ten children and the youngest. Only those who displayed the most skill were permitted to attend the school while the rest were required to provide money for the family through continued work. It was this sacrifice which brewed hostility within the children since being able to pursue magical studies was viewed as a privilege. Those who are allowed to attend to school are required to come home in order to work and teach their siblings some magic. Her father is a drunk and her mother is a spineless cunt. She has no love for either of them. While she does not necessarily get along with her siblings, they still look out for each other when a common threat is presented to them before going back to fighting over scraps like savages.

Also, if you've sent a charrie sheet in and have not gotten a response yet, not to worry we are working on it!

Chaosfox

Actually I would gladly make a character  connected to either of those to two.   I have some ideas depending on what type of connection you want for them.
There is no Order only Chaos and all the joys that it brings. 
This way too On's and Off's

Ceralilly

Quote from: Dancing flower on April 28, 2015, 12:59:39 AM
If people are looking for ideas of what type of characters to make... >.> I would love connections with these characters.

Rachel
Name: Rachel McGee (Ignore the picture of America Ferrera. I haven't got around to updating the picture) ♥♥
House | Year: Ravenclaw | Third Year
Personality: Rachel is a fairly friendly girl. She has a close knit of friends who understand and support her in all her endeavors. There really is not a mean bone in her body. Aright, that is a lie. Rachel can be a bitch to those who get on her bad side although that is a fairly hard thing to accomplish for people of the same sex. She can be a little slow to catch on to certain messages from people, and has a habit of allowing her feelings to get hurt easily. Sometimes she can also be a little vindictive when things do not necessarily go her way. She can become obsessive over people but can also quickly get over someone if something better comes along.
History: Rachel is the eldest of three girls. Her sisters all idolize her, or at least she likes to believe that. Her family was the type of muggle family who was positively thrilled at the idea of their daughter being a witch. In fact, her mother could barely contain herself at the family gathering since she wanted to rub it under Rachel's aunt's nose as if to say who was the failure in life now! However, they contained themselves with just throwing their daughter a party themed with witches as a theme. Every now and then, mother and daughter would share a secret laugh with each other since only their little family knew the true meaning of the party. Junior Wizarding Academy was a major adjustment. Well, not to major. The only difference was she learned a new name people could call her. Mudblood. So unoriginal. Boys quickly learned not to call her this when she threatened to smother them in the type of kisses which would make their grandmother's scream for fear of their bloodlines.

Valyrian
Name: Valyrian Kovalenko
House | Year: Durmstrang | 4th Year
Personality: Patient, Disciplined, Sadistic, Subtle, Deceitful
History: Valyrian is one of ten children and the youngest. Only those who displayed the most skill were permitted to attend the school while the rest were required to provide money for the family through continued work. It was this sacrifice which brewed hostility within the children since being able to pursue magical studies was viewed as a privilege. Those who are allowed to attend to school are required to come home in order to work and teach their siblings some magic. Her father is a drunk and her mother is a spineless cunt. She has no love for either of them. While she does not necessarily get along with her siblings, they still look out for each other when a common threat is presented to them before going back to fighting over scraps like savages.

Also, if you've sent a charrie sheet in and have not gotten a response yet, not to worry we are working on it!

Perhaps Rachel and Moira? :-) I'm not sure if that is what your looking for, but I'm open for at least a friendship. Either way if you are interested you can just poke me :-)
I am the Mistress of Hearts, the Consort of Broken Ones, the Lover of Lost Souls, and the Queen of Goodbyes

Flower

Emjay

[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

LuckyLukin

So I don't know if this has already been answered but I don't feel like digging through the 10 pages of posts to verify.
My question: If you create a half-blood character, do you need to create the family tree of the pureblood family member?

Ceralilly

Quote from: LuckyLukin on April 30, 2015, 02:15:35 AM
So I don't know if this has already been answered but I don't feel like digging through the 10 pages of posts to verify.
My question: If you create a half-blood character, do you need to create the family tree of the pureblood family member?

This was super helpful to me :-)

Caela

I was told no. Immediate family yes and if you're planning to be an offshoot of someone's family you need to PM that person of course but full trees are only required for Pureblood characters.

Flower

Aww, I feel so horrible.  Please always ask if you can't find the answer after two minutes. ♥ And no, you don't need to create a tree for halfbloods.

Crash

Though if you want something special in your family tree you likely will.  Karianna is related to the wandmaker Gregorovich so even though she is half blooded she still has an extensive family tree.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Caela

Quote from: Crash on April 30, 2015, 09:05:03 AM
Though if you want something special in your family tree you likely will.  Karianna is related to the wandmaker Gregorovich so even though she is half blooded she still has an extensive family tree.

Am shooting you a PM Crash.

Crash

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

Caela

Jag

Lavender is a half blood, but I did a somewhat detailed family history for her. I found it fun to make those kind of familial connections. ^^
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Caela

Trying to keep track of the Half-bloods and the Purebloods would just be a LOT of work on already hardworking GM's in this game. My Durm girl is a Half-blood but I didn't get extensive with her family tree (though on some night when my muse is being a pain about writing I just might as a side project lol). Some folks do, especially if they are connecting to another players family, some don't. It's not something that's been pushed for the Half-bloods.

Crash

Like I mentioned, I was require to do it because her family tree has a canon character (Gregorovich) in it and the GM's wanted me to work for it. ;)

So I created a family tree back to Gregorovich and I created a wand family tree because Karianna is an aspiring wandmaker.

Caela

Basically, you'll want to double check. My Durm girl has the same canon character in her background and I wasn't required to make an extensive tree for her. That could have been for a variety of reasons though, including that most of the foreign students are temporary, just for this school year and an overworked GM at the time of her making since he was getting a LOT of sheets all at once at the time. :D

Crash

I did t mind it actually.  It was kind of fun to figure out each of her relatives wands all the way back to Gregorovich.  I wrote them up like she was making notes in her notebook.  I am kind of proud of her character sheet honestly.

Like I said feel free to tie into anyone of her relatives if you would like.  Kari was atypical in the need for a family tree being a half blood.  It is just worth noting that you may be required to do more if you want something atypical in your background

Amelita

Either way, a family tree is not required for half bloods in general, and since all sheets go through Emjay and Flower, and Aiden if there are any uncertain specifics, you can be sure that if they need you to detail a family tree for some reason they will let you know.

Aka, don't worry about it and just enjoy creating your character according to the guidelines ;)

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

Caela

You should be proud of the work you put into it, her tree is awesome.

When I made Nikita there was a lot going on here so I was kind of glad no to have to make a tree for her lol, though now that things have calmed down more IRL I've found myself working on little side projects on my games. Fleshing out background, making thread treackers, that sort of thing, so eventually I probably will make a tree for her when I'm up late some night lol.

Flower

Although we appreciate enthusiasm for the game, let's keep more extensive conversation about approved characters to the OOC. You guys can always answer questions if you know the answer. I just don't want information overload for new writers. :-)