Battlestar Galactica, Discuss..

Started by Silver, January 29, 2009, 02:25:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avi

Gah.... *shudders*  Suicide is just... not cool.  And that she did it is just BAD.  How dare they kill off such a beloved character?  Seriously?  Kill off Roslin, for God's sake...
Your reality doesn't apply to me...

Silver

Quote from: aviationrox on January 31, 2009, 09:52:36 PM
Gah.... *shudders*  Suicide is just... not cool.  And that she did it is just BAD.  How dare they kill off such a beloved character?  Seriously?  Kill off Roslin, for God's sake...

Thank You!

Death to Roslin
O/O's  Request Thread  A/A's
Now Playing: Star - ♡ Machinedrum (A$AP Ferg Remix)
People fear what they don't understand, But then they get mad because they don't dare to do it, Everybody a shinin' star, they ain't get far so they can't prove it, Most stars foolish, full of gas, useless, Pushin' bad influence, wonder what happened to 'em?, They say hurt people hurt people, guess that is proven, They put on a mask to mask feelings, Fill the universe with mass ceilings, Most people not even tappin' in...♡

Apple of Eris

HEY! I -LIKE- Roslin!

She's a strong female character. She stands up to Adama even though he really has all the power and makes HIM blink.

I totally respect that.

Not that I've agreed with all her decisions, but she's still a good character!
*glare*

Men are those creatures with two legs and eight hands.  ~Jayne Mansfield
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, then call whatever you hit the target. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

Avi

Like I mentioned, I find Roslin to be a whiny, wimpy little child... and the fact that she is incredibly racist toward Helo and Athena's baby...  I do admit that she does have her share of good moments, and maybe I've just seen too much of her bad side.  It's possible that she is much more likeable in Seasons 3 and 4.
Your reality doesn't apply to me...

Silver

I'm sorry but no.

I just dislike her so so so much..

Strong perhaps but a good leader, no. Fun story line to follow, No.
People fear what they don't understand, But then they get mad because they don't dare to do it, Everybody a shinin' star, they ain't get far so they can't prove it, Most stars foolish, full of gas, useless, Pushin' bad influence, wonder what happened to 'em?, They say hurt people hurt people, guess that is proven, They put on a mask to mask feelings, Fill the universe with mass ceilings, Most people not even tappin' in...♡

Cherri Tart

i like the president... i like the fact that all of the characters are so flawed and yet they try to do the best they can.  they are so real. 
you were never able to keep me breathing as the water rises up again

O/O, Cherri Flavored

The Overlord

Roslin goes back and forth in my view. In some moments she's very human, other times so inhumane that I can't stand her. Sometimes I empathize with her completely, other times I can't figure out where she's coming from.

As president she's made some very bad calls...but then most good sci-fi is just a metaphor for actual events.  :-\

Silver

Spoilers for Battlestar Galactica: Blood on the Scales 02/06/08  DO NOT!!! Read Further If you Have Not Watched It And Hate Spoilers!!!!

Alright so Gaeta got played by Zarek so hard.. so fraking hard. I mean dude.. just dude. Felix.. you are an idiot.. very much so..

The Quorum is dead.. like all of them.. that was a zomg moment for me tonight.

Anders is more than likely dead..

Starbuck kicked ass and got people out with Apollo...

Adama didn't die, how can he.. I mean come on now..

Zarek and Gaeta died.  Gaeta's famous last words, "It Stopped", kinda priceless for me..

What the hell were those 'claw marks' that Tyrol found in the engine room, did anyone else catch him looking at those on the wall.

Next Week:

Ellen!!!! WTF. Ellen is back.. WTF again...

I thought that the final five couldn't come back. I thought there were only one of themselves.. not copies.. Did I miss something there or what..

I mean.. she's fraking back..what the hell is going to happen now..

The Overlord

*warning spoiler alert for those that did not catch last night's, February 7th, episode*

Zarek and Gaeta going out with a bang...no surprise there. Like I've said, if Adama gets control of the ship again they're dead.

Gaeta I felt bad for, but yeah Zarek played him like a yo-yo and he chose his side...to quote Obama, he ended up on the wrong side of history. I liked Gaeta as a character, seemed like a nice guy right up until the end here when they took the ship. Shame to see him go, but he asked for it. Also a stupid little punk that he thought he'd outdo the old man.

Zarek...well I guess we can say we all knew this was coming; the point where he went too far over the line and came to a kill or be killed scenario. I'm a Richard Hatch fan so I might be a little biased, but he won me over with the role. First season I didn't like Zarek at all, after a while I started to see things through his eyes, even agree with him here and there. But then he showed us cold-blooded he really was by fragging the entire Quorum. Once I saw the effect on Gaeta I knew the coup was going to crack in the end, the kid didn't have the kind of stomach that Zarek's tactics demanded.

And Ellen? No clue what's going on there, but I suspect it's more than standard Cylon regeneration. Same with the Starbuck issue; somehow Starbuck died on Earth years ago but didn't really. Either the technology exists, on Earth or elsewhere to revive or copy humans, perhaps clones, or some weird temporal thing is going on. Once we understand what's going on with Starbuck and Ellen, I think that will give us the big picture.

EDIT- Oh yeah, and the thing with the Chief. I was thinking the way the scene changed to a blue hue that he was flashbacking to Earth again, where they had memories of dying in a holocaust.

National Acrobat

From what I understand, the final five are more technologically advanced, and have the capacity to store their memories, and transform them to new bodies when they die, which means that there is another resurection ship out there somewhere.

The Overlord

Quote from: National Acrobat on February 08, 2009, 09:45:26 AM

From what I understand, the final five are more technologically advanced, and have the capacity to store their memories, and transform them to new bodies when they die, which means that there is another resurection ship out there somewhere.

Make sense. There's nothing to say there isn't. If you're a Cylon and have the capacity to download, I imagine you'd have a few resurrection ships lying around in the nooks and crannies of the galaxy.

Silver

Spoilers for Battlestar Galactica: No Exit 02/13/08  DO NOT, DO NOT Read Any Further If you Have NOT Watched It!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT READ IF YOU DO NOT WANT SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alright..

So..

Yea Like FRAK People!! F-R-A-K!!!!!!!!

Anders remembers like everything, who knew that bullets could be so useful..

Ellen is alive and well.. We find out so much more about her.. I am sorry that I had written her off as a Slut..

Cavil is actually named John after Ellen's father and was made in his likeness..

We learn a bit more about Cavil and Ellen's relationship.. if that is the correct word for it...

Apollo is going to be the new head.. there will be a new Quorum made..

The ship is like..well yea going to break very soon unless things are done..damn those breaks.. they are freaking huge...

There was a number 7!! His name was Daniel and Ellen was very close to him, also he was an artist. Is The number 6 that Sal knocked up pregnant with a new number 7..? Is that the miracle.. that Anders was speaking about while screaming at him to stay on Galactica while being wheeled into getting that bullet taken out.

The bullet was taken out and now Anders is like gone.. *tear*

Boomer helps Ellen escape before that doomed brain thing that Cavil wanted to do to her..

Like I have so many thoughts and I can't even write them fraking down...Too much to think about now..

What's everyone else's thoughts on everything....

Next Week:

The final Five Reunited and it feels so good.. plus Boomer..

We better get more answers.. goddammit!!

The Overlord

Best...Fracking...Show...On...Television

*warning spoiler alert for those that did not catch tonight's, February 13th, episode*

The thing I like best about the situation with Anders: There's been all this talk about fate and destiny and divine plans throughout the show. And then this random happenstance, this quantum instance of a bullet pressing on a lobe in his brain, that results in a windfall of information for both fleet and audience. I suspect it's just turned the game in favor of the fleet.

And the 13th Cylon? I always suspected there was at least one more, Ellen alone was not enough to tie all this together. It fits too; twelve colonies, twelve Cylons. The 13th colony, and the 13th Cylon that's going to tie it all together.

Silver

Quote from: The Overlord on February 13, 2009, 11:26:37 PM

Best...Fracking...Show...On...Television

And the 13th Cylon? I always suspected there was at least one more, Ellen alone was not enough to tie all this together. It fits too; twelve colonies, twelve Cylons. The 13th colony, and the 13th Cylon that's going to tie it all together.

Daniel..I want to know what he looks like.. or if that baby is he.. Give us flashbacks!!! *groans*

At least I now have a new respect for Ellen..

Apple of Eris

The only thing that threw me in this episode was John Hodgman as the neurosurgeon. Since I -LOVE- the Daily Show as well, I kep waiting for 'Resident Brain Expert' or something to pop up on the bottom of the screen.

Still though, the Episode was really quite good, filled in a LOT of questions I had. The interaction between Number One/John and Ellen was petty damn intense. I'd never really thought it before (I always thought of him as loveable Al from quantum leap), but Dean Stockwell can sure pull off out-right psychotic pretty damn well.

I'm still curious about Kara though... how she came back, and how when Anders was relating his refound knowledge he saw her glowing along with everyone else. I'm still wondering if somehow she is the 7th cylon. 
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, then call whatever you hit the target. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

Silver

Quote from: Apple of Eris on February 14, 2009, 08:56:51 AM

I'm still curious about Kara though... how she came back, and how when Anders was relating his refound knowledge he saw her glowing along with everyone else. I'm still wondering if somehow she is the 7th cylon. 

Alright this a far out thought even for me..

But what if Kara's father some how was a number 7 who survived? far out there, I know since all of the 7's were destroyed but still..

idk..

Maybe the week after next we'll get answers about Kara..

Silver

Spoilers for Battlestar Galactica: Deadlock 02/20/08  DO NOT, DO NOT Read Any Further If you Have NOT Watched It!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT READ IF YOU DO NOT WANT SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know what, first things first I hated this eposode. I hated it.. why it took me so long to actually write anything down about it..

It was so freaking boring..

OK Ellen's back

Ellen is pissed at Saul...

Cylons want to leave the fleet..

Saul and Caprica Six lose their child..

That's it.

Thank you Anders for getting brainwaves going again, that and Ellen and Saul's fighting were the only thing that kept me watching.

I felt so let down..*sighs*

Next Week:

We find out more about Kara(Starbuck). I better not be disappointed like I was this week..not when there are only 4, I repeat 4 episodes left.. come on now..step it the frak up!

Apple of Eris

Quote from: aviationrox on January 31, 2009, 09:56:16 PM
Like I mentioned, I find Roslin to be a whiny, wimpy little child... and the fact that she is incredibly racist toward Helo and Athena's baby... 

I missed this before.
Honestly though, racist againt a child that is half a 'species' that just wiped out several billion of your fellow race leaving about only 50K left of twelve different planets? As much as I dislike racism and all that, I think that's pretty damn understandable.

As much as I hate Gaeda and the other mutineers, I can certainly understand their point of view!

Oh ans Silver:
I kind of agree and at the same time disagree. True there wasn't a lot going on, but we just wrapped up one subplot and now are moving to wrap up a second, its one of those building episodes where things start coming together again.

I have to say, Baltar. I keep going from hate to love to hate to love with him. I so highly doubt that he has altruistic reasons for distributing the food and for getting those weapons to secure his food distribution. At the same time, he's the only one actually doing anything to get those people fed. So, probably self-interest, but benevolent self interest. He's back on my love him list.

Still though, I can't figure out why every lady in the fleet wants to frack him! I'd rather just punch him. :)

Oh and Kara. I want tough Kara back! *pouts*

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

Silver

Quote from: Apple of Eris on February 24, 2009, 05:50:22 PM
I missed this before.
Honestly though, racist againt a child that is half a 'species' that just wiped out several billion of your fellow race leaving about only 50K left of twelve different planets? As much as I dislike racism and all that, I think that's pretty damn understandable.

As much as I hate Gaeda and the other mutineers, I can certainly understand their point of view!

Oh ans Silver:
I kind of agree and at the same time disagree. True there wasn't a lot going on, but we just wrapped up one subplot and now are moving to wrap up a second, its one of those building episodes where things start coming together again.

I have to say, Baltar. I keep going from hate to love to hate to love with him. I so highly doubt that he has altruistic reasons for distributing the food and for getting those weapons to secure his food distribution. At the same time, he's the only one actually doing anything to get those people fed. So, probably self-interest, but benevolent self interest. He's back on my love him list.

Still though, I can't figure out why every lady in the fleet wants to frack him! I'd rather just punch him. :)

Oh and Kara. I want tough Kara back! *pouts*

Oh jezz you reminded me about Baltar..

I totally forgot about him. At times I was kinda like..bleh then the 'Head Six' came back and I was pulled in once more.

You pointed out that best thing.

"So highly doubt that he has altruistic reasons for distributing the food and for getting those weapons to secure his food distribution. At the same time, he's the only one actually doing anything to get those people fed. So, probably self-interest, but benevolent self interest."

Perfectly stated.

zekestone

-------- Plot Spoilers included in this post -------

I thought the start of the season was a bit crap, first two were kind of disappointing, they were all whining and shooting themselves because there was no gold at the end of the rainbow, i mean get a grip! Your alive for Gods sake, if anything i would prefer the routine/structure of Gallactica compared to the atmosphere of New Caprica where everyone was doing their own thing again.

It picked up though with the whole Gaeta/Zareck rebellion thing but that was resolved rather quickly in two episodes. Of course none of our heroes were ever in danger.

Now we are into some dream like void where we are playing catch up to stuff thats happened before and some big cylon plot circle. Is anyone else having trouble keeping track of all the multiple copies of cylons? It seems that making them all the same like robots has kinda reduced my empathy and interest towards them and their story. 
To Learn more follow this link: <a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=31216.msg1642960#msg1642960" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">--- My Long Ass List of On's & Off's ---</a>

To Learn more follow this link: <a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=5392" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">--- My Long Ass List of On's & Off's On E ---</a>

The Overlord

Quote from: zekestone on February 25, 2009, 04:01:53 PM
-------- Plot Spoilers included in this post -------

I thought the start of the season was a bit crap, first two were kind of disappointing, they were all whining and shooting themselves because there was no gold at the end of the rainbow, i mean get a grip! Your alive for Gods sake, if anything i would prefer the routine/structure of Gallactica compared to the atmosphere of New Caprica where everyone was doing their own thing again.

Umm....actually, let's review here.

Less than 50,000 survivors of humanity and still ticking down; what's left of several billion on twelve colonial worlds, 99.9% of whom perished in a nuclear holocaust.

Chased across the galaxy for several years by relentless robots.

Locked up and space-happy on their ragtag fleet for the duration.

What's left of civilization strained to the limits and teetering on the edge on a near-weekly basis.

Your best friend just might wake up one day and realize he's a skinjob.

Worse yet...you might just wake up one day and realize you're a skinjob.

Man's last best hope to restart; Earth. Also a nuclear wasteland.

There's isn't just no gold at the end of the rainbow; there's a bucket of shit at the end of the rainbow. I can understand them having a few 'frack this' episodes.  :-\

Erebus

Alright, I guess I found this thread kinda late, but better late than never. :)
So, where to start from...

Starbuck. I do believe she's the 13th Cylon. I mean she found her corpse, he got back after 4 months with a shiny new viper, plus cylon #2 said to her she has a destiny to fulfill. Adore her btw.

Caprica (#6s in general). Frak! This is one hot character. My personal favorite. Needless to say she gives me a hard on almost every time she makes an appearance...

Roslin. I hate the bitch. Did so from the very start. I don't know why, something about her face, her way of thinking, I think the scripters should get her into ICU and terminate her miserable existense right there. She did make some good decisions though. I think I ought to grant her this.

Zarek. Another much hated character here and if I may add useless to the bigger plot. Nothing else about him. Glad he got his ass the firing squad treatment. They should have done so when he was still inprisoned.

Gaeta. I liked this guy. I mean he helped the resistanse back on New Caprica, he was excellent at his job and he was very loyal to Adama (until the mutany that is, which is understandable). I really felt for him when he lost his leg and his singing, really moved me. Anyway, overall I liked him.

Dee. Man that was one hell of a suicide! Nice character, nice presence, but her suicide was something anticipated (more or less). We all realize that at the end, Starbuck and Apollo will end up together, right? So she ought to get out of the way.

Apollo. Another beloved character of mine. I was really excited when he took command of the Pegasus. Too bad it had to be sacrificed.

Well, that's a fraking long post, I really should stop typing.

PS
Quote from: Silver on January 31, 2009, 09:19:30 PM
snip
4. Cally Henderson Tyrol. Enough, I was so happy when she was finally killed off.
I second that. What a bitch!

PS2:
Don't you crave to hear the Centurions speak "By Your Command" ?
My Introduction
My ONs & OFFs
Absences

In need for some short term players/NPCs? Place your request ==> here <==

Are you a lucky little lady in the city of light; Or just another lost angel, city of night. - James Douglas Morrison

The Overlord

Quote from: Erebus on February 26, 2009, 06:11:42 AM

Dee. Man that was one hell of a suicide! Nice character, nice presence, but her suicide was something anticipated (more or less). We all realize that at the end, Starbuck and Apollo will end up together, right? So she ought to get out of the way.

Have to say if I was on the ship, Dee would one of the first crewmates I'd be trying to wine, dine and frack. Was hard to see her go like that.

If they're aiming toward Starbuck and Apollo hooking up, I hope that doesn't mean they're going to space Anders too. Anders is cool, he's one of the good guys Cylon or not. Don't write out characters just so others can hook up...that's bad writing no matter where it shows up.

Silver

Quote from: The Overlord on February 26, 2009, 06:55:37 PM
Have to say if I was on the ship, Dee would one of the first crewmates I'd be trying to wine, dine and frack. Was hard to see her go like that.

If they're aiming toward Starbuck and Apollo hooking up, I hope that doesn't mean they're going to space Anders too. Anders is cool, he's one of the good guys Cylon or not. Don't write out characters just so others can hook up...that's bad writing no matter where it shows up.

Agreed.

Silver

Spoilers for Battlestar Galactica: Someone to Watch Over Me 02/27/09  DO NOT, DO NOT Read Any Further If you Have NOT Watched It!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT READ IF YOU DO NOT WANT SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alright.. There was a lot this week..

The beginning with Starbuck(Kara) making it seem like a very odd version of 'Groundhog Day', was simply awesome! More about her later here..

Oh yay there is a new Quorum being made!!

Boomer is to be tried for treason by the rebels. (Thank you Roslin for not wimping out and actually signing the papers no matter how much Tyrol was acting like a baby)

Tyrol is a sappy ass fool!!! See he and women are just doomed.. Boomer, Cally and then Boomer again.. Just shot him and put him out of his sad little state.

Tyrol and Boomer share moments within 'projections'. I mean they have a nice house and even a daughter.

Oh Oh stupid Tyrol.. helps Boomer escape.. but does he know what she's done.. no.. BECAUSE YOU ARE A FOOL! A FRACKING FOOL I SAY!!!!!!!

What has Boomer been up too let's recap here:

Escaping with the help of Tyrol.
Pretend to be Athena.
Fraking Helo while pretending to be Athena, while the real Athena wakes up and sees this happening. (This is funny people because remember on Caprica in the beginning, Athena seduced Helo by pretending to be Boomer.)
Takes Hera and gives her 'jesus juice' or something of that sort.
Stuffs poor Hera into that 'box'.
Does a jump and destroys the ship further, while getting away with Hera.

Now that is fraked up people!

Oh yes Roslin falling over after Hera was taken. *shrugs*

-----

Alright back to Kara.

I loved her being old Kara to the piano player.
She and him begin to write music and then start playing it finally.

Oh my what is the song she did, nothing else but the music which switched on the final five in the first place. (Thank You  Bob Dylan)

Now a question for everyone, was the piano player real or just in her head since to me it seemed to be her father..

Another question/thought.. could Kara's father some how been a Seven? It was he and she who made the song when she was a child..that means that he has to be connected to this some how..

Next Week:

The Ship is on it's last leg.
We find out more about what the frak Boomer is up too..

Only Three more episodes left everyone!!!

Discuss..