Sentinel City - Interest Check (A light superhero themed gender bender game)

Started by AribethAmkiir, June 07, 2012, 11:57:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caitlin

(Wonders when Ari will step in to prevent the super villains from killing themselves before the heroes got to see any action.) ;D

Muse

*Chuckles*  That's cute, Latooni! 

I can see Jericho coming across her on a rampage and not knowing wether to fight or laugh. 

Ari-chan pointed out that Jericho is on the serious end for this story.  The basic gist of my reply was, "Everyone needs a straight man." 

I hadn't really thought of the regeneration as a superpower.  Aribeth, are we supposed to pair each superpower with a weakness? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Angel Fire

Mmm... Love all of the features in this!

Superhero game - Check
Gender change - Check
Making fun of the powers - Check!!

I'll have someone up as soon as I can find pictures!
Can you capture this fiery Angel and make her yours?!  Try before she slips away into the night... If you wish.
May we spread our wings and soar the heavens together for all time - Angel
My Theme Song - Can I be your Heart's Desire?

AribethAmkiir

Quote from: Major Major on June 10, 2012, 04:14:47 PM
Incidently, if anyone needs to use Trickshot for a fight scene or something, here's a tip: I'm intending on playing her as kinda high camp and light-hearted, so the fight scenes with her should be like the 1960's Batman TV series. You know, all "POW!", "BIFF!", "WHAM!", "OOOOOPH!".

This will fit in perfectly for the game.  Great example of what I'm looking for.

@Latooni: I'm looking forward to seeing your character.  It sounds like you have the general gist of the game.  Just remember dropping anvils don't kill.  Magically summoned wooden mallets can only be used when male characters are acting chauvinistic, women are immune to wooden mallets.  Devil horns, halos, and cat whiskers must magically appear upon the character to illustrate her mood.  PM me the details of your "special rules" and we'll go over them together.  Should be fun.

@Muse: No the weaknesses don't have to completely balance out.  Just realize that if your character is wearing ear plugs to protect her hearing from her sonic scream she's going to be unaware of a lot of things, and play her appropriately.  I also expect that her 75 years of male experience to lead her in the wrong direction at times.  There should be times that 75 years of male experience shouldn't prepare her for a single day as a female.  Same with the martial arts.  The character should expect to rely on upper body strength and have to adjust and relearn certain techniques in order to use them more effectively.  Just remember, this isn't a game where the focus is on power level.  It's a game about hijinks and antics.  I've played with you enough to trust you to do a good job.

@Angel Fire: Looking forward to having you join us.

Angel Fire

Name: Alexander/Alexis Cantrell
Alias: Grunge Girl
Alignment: Hero
Prior Occupation: Aspiring bass player, most notably known in a local Alice in Chains tribute band
Personality: Before the change, she was just like most bass players are.  She kept to herself, only speaking her mind when she needed to.  She was depressed and almost wanting to kill herself but after the change, she found her calling.  She found out that she could play her bass like it was a part of her.  She found a new found confidence with the change and wanted to be in the spotlight.  If the attention was not on her, she would find any way to draw it towards her... even if it meant making a fool out of herself at times.  She is always looking for girls to give her the attention that she needs, even if it means playing many roles
History: Sharing the last name of the famous guitarist of Alice in Chains (but not having any blood relations to him), Alexander had vivid dreams of making it in the music business.  He was a young adult when the Grunge scene came out from Seattle and he embraced to his core.  He kept dressing in the flannel shirts and playing grunge shows with bands that his friends tried to get together but for one reason or another, all of the music agents kept passing him over.   

Depressed and distraught, he had almost killed himself many times but he was always saved by one of his old friends or he just could not bring himself to go in the way of his idol Kurt Cobain.  Distraught and despressed, she tried one last time to end her life but just before she could pull the trigger to the gun that he held onto his head, the event happened.

Feeling limp, he could feel himself changing as the drugs that he took made him pass out.  in the morning, there were two very big difference about him when he woke up.

First of all, he was in the body of an 18 year old but the biggest change was... he was now a she... and now a lesbian.  What her feelings are like after the change... well that will be described when it happens.
Super powers: She has the ability to grow her hair rapidly and stretch it out to capture her foes.  Her hair is nearly unbreakable.  Normal scissors won't cut it but a very sharp blade will.
Weaknesses: Once her hair starts growing, she can't control it as it has a mind of its own for at least 10 seconds but no longer than 30 seconds.  She is liable to trip over it and her hair is unpredictable enough to trap her hero friends in very uncomfortable situations before it stops and reverts back to normal.  If her hair is cut when in its growth mode, she will feel the depression come back in again... like she lost a long time friend, but the emotions would make her like a crying baby almost, not depressing enough to kill herself like she tried to do when she was a man.
Player’s Ons/Offs: Ways To Make An Angel Happy (My O/O's)
Can you capture this fiery Angel and make her yours?!  Try before she slips away into the night... If you wish.

AribethAmkiir

She looks good Angel.

Can I get people to link their O/O page at the bottom of their character sheet, since signatures don't always show on every post.  It would help me organize things if I didn't have to search for them when the time came.

Major Major

Heh; sounds like Trickshot and Grunge Girl might make for a grand old Dynamic Duo; what do you say, Angel?

Angel Fire

@Ari:  I did just that in the post.

@Major: It sounds like they would.  Grunge Girl holds the targets and Trick Shot shoots them... in a perfect world Lol

Major Major

Angel Fire

With Grunge Girl striving to be the center of attention, I would not put that past her... hehe

Major Major

Angel Fire

Grunge Girl will be just like in the picture that I provided.  Smallish breasts but young and curvy.

Major Major

Well then, I bet she'll like Trickshot's big, comfy 'pillows' then.

Angel Fire

I can really imagine that too if thing do go that far.  We shall see though *Smiles*

Caitlin

I updated my character's sheet with an Ons & Offs link Ari. I didn't create a normal topic for it, but my page covers all the details. :-)

Latooni Subota

I found a picture, but I'm not sure if I want to use it! Opinions, I need them!

As you can see the art style is pretty different from the usual drawn character images you'd find, and her features are a bit cartoony-different. That and I also think her overall design is pretty cool . . . and as a former nerdboy, she'd get a kick out of dressing to look sexy in the mirror.

Opinions? Comments? Concerns? (I'm still giggling at my concept, I have to admit!)
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Caitlin

I'm not sure what to think of the green tints art-wise, but I think the picture will work great for your character! ^_^

It'll be a bit hard for me to imagine working together with a cartoonish character vs the real pictures though, but we'll make it work somehow. ;)

I'll probably end up forgetting about the cartoonish part during the roleplay, which makes it easier for me to interact with that character.

Callie Del Noire

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Muse on June 09, 2012, 05:04:58 AM
My friend died last year.  I've been searching my memories about the story.  Did it involve "Lady Lightning", a guy who's power suit slowly changed his gender?

Well lady lightning is a story set up by one of the folks that write stuff for the Whateley School setting. In the setting it's a comic book but you have a LOT of TG elements at Whateley. One of the dorms (cottages actually) is for the LGTG segment as some kids gender change when they come into their powers

Major Major

I'd say put your character design up, Callie. I mean, what have you got to lose?

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Major Major on June 11, 2012, 08:42:18 PM
I'd say put your character design up, Callie. I mean, what have you got to lose?

Got to think up a back story first. :D

AribethAmkiir

Callie Del Noire

Name: Jackson Phillips/ Jacqueline Phillips aka 'Jacky' or 'Two Guns'
Alias:  Blitz
Alignment: Hero
Prior Occupation: Range master for the city police range
Personality: Happy to able to run again, she's normally cheerful and outgoing. Sexually still a bit 'shy' and not quite as happy with the situation but adapting (with therapy). She tends to teach shooting to supplement her retirement pay and teaches close quarters combat shooting and long distance shooting.
Appearance: Standing at 5' 10", she's lost a bit of height and weight but still possesses a distance runners build and is content to stick to jeans and tshirts.
History: Jacky Phillips has been a lot of things over the years. He started as a punk biker as a teen, moved on to being one of the first marines sent to Vietnam where he served for three tours as first an infantryman then a sniper. Then he did his last tour as a MP before mustering out and becoming a policeman and eventually SWAT sniper. Finally as knee injuries and degenerative damage made it painful to do his job as a cop, he retired to the position of range master at the academy. Till the an experimental procedure in regenerative therapy was offered to him. The gene therapy keyed a whole new dna strand that induced a coma while he was changed into a younger, if female, version of himself. With a talent to accelerate or decelerate her metabolism. Resulting in hyperspeed or the ability to induce a hibernation state as well as a full control of her metabolic system. Exactly what that means at this point is still beyond her, she can flush her system, control it and accelerate to blinding speed. While her control of her metabolism allows for more efficient performance, it still requires fuel and she can overexert her system.
Super powers: By controlling her metabolism she can do a variety of short term metabolic effects. Outright healing/regeneration requires concentration and meditation. Strangely her first application of superspeed is the one she does best, most other effects require focus and concentration, leaving her to suspect that her metabolic control is a side effect of her speed rather than vice versa.
Weaknesses: Prolonged use of her power of acceleration requires more and more caloric intake to keep her metabolism going. Too long without supplements and her metabolism will crash, putting her out for hours or longer. Decelerating her metabolic rate makes it easier for her body to recover energy but takes longer to 'come up' from deeper levels of use.
Player’s Ons: See my off/ons
Playre’s Offs: See my off/ons

Caitlin

By the way, I had a crazy idea... Since the heroes and villains generally wear disguises when they're 'at work', how do you guys feel about having a relationship between a villain and hero when they're not in their work atire? I think hilarity would ensue and it'd probably be a lot of fun to see an interaction like that going. ;)

Another thing I thought about, but this question is more aimed at Ari, is it okay if my character as a villain steals one of the canisters and has his own experiment going horribly wrong what results in the transformation? I don't think Alan would have any realistic chance of being taken into a normal program, due to his mental instability.

Callie Del Noire

I could see a villian coming in for training on close quarter combat/shooting from blitz. :D