So this man is walking by a pawnshop.

Started by Inkidu, September 09, 2008, 11:39:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkidu

Looking in the window with a cursory glance he notices a statue of a golden rat. It's a very nice statue it looks like real gold and is high in detail. The man on a whim enters the pawnshop and inquires about buying the rat statue.

"Oh that? It's twenty-five dollars." the shopkeeper says, "But the story behind it is one hundred dollars."
"I'll just take the statue." the man says, after all it was a pretty good deal.
Well the man takes his purchase in it's brown paper bag and leaves the store.

Walking down the street he he looks behind him and sees a rat following him. Not thinking anything of it he continues on his way.
After a while two more rats are following him. After a while more, five rats.

Well the man starts to feel nervous and he hurries his pace. All the while more and more rats are chasing him.
Well when it reaches about three hundred rats the man panics and runs thousands and thousands of rats are now following him.
Running to the city's bay he heaves the statue into the water and all the rats follow it and drown. Every single one.

Running back to the pawn shop the man bursts through the door.
"Back for the story eh?" the owner says knowingly. "That's one..."

The man cuts him off and pants, "No. Quick! Do you have a golden lawyer?"
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

MagicalPen

???

Call me a fool, but I don't get it...

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

Bliss

Rats came out of nowhere to follow the golden rat statue and drowned themselves. Ergo, ostensibly if one had a golden lawyer statue, lawyers would follow it and drown too...
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Inkidu

Quote from: Bliss on September 09, 2008, 12:11:56 PM
Rats came out of nowhere to follow the golden rat statue and drowned themselves. Ergo, ostensibly if one had a golden lawyer statue, lawyers would follow it and drown too...
I pm'd him so the punchline wouldn't be ruined.  >:(
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Bliss

The punchline won't be ruined unless people go reading the rest of the thread before the initial post. :)
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Inkidu

Quote from: Bliss on September 09, 2008, 12:22:41 PM
The punchline won't be ruined unless people go reading the rest of the thread before the initial post. :)
But they might, and then the punchline will be forever ruined for that individual.  :'(

Sherona

Typically people read the first post ...first...so if they read Bliss' and that gave them the punchline then tehy didn't get it in the first place.

Zoe Twinscythe

Heh heh, took me a sec but that was clever.

Apple of Eris

Well, I'd like to point out one thing here: Many lawyers, like many rats, can swim. *nod*
Men are those creatures with two legs and eight hands.  ~Jayne Mansfield
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, then call whatever you hit the target. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

Inkidu

Quote from: Apple of Eris on September 10, 2008, 08:47:33 PM
Well, I'd like to point out one thing here: Many lawyers, like many rats, can swim. *nod*
But golden statues sink.