World of Warcraft (Closed ATM)

Started by Question Mark, June 07, 2011, 07:11:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shjade

Quote from: Star Safyre on June 08, 2011, 08:16:58 PM
I'll be gone for the next two weeks, so I'll be a late comer which Question Mark has graciously permitted.  Try not to get too much XP without me.   :P
Hell, depending on what plot we end up running we could be starting at 85, who knows. ;p
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Star Safyre

Okay, just don't gear up too much.  I don't want to be the newbie in greens.   :P

Also, here's my character:

Name: Ariat Ivorydawn
Titles: Retired Crusader
Race: Blood Elf
Class: Previously a dirty dagger fighter, now trained as a defensive warrior
Specialization: Dual dagger fighting (though loathes to use it), defensive fighting with shield and sword
Spells/Skills: Holding ground, disarming, first aid use,
Talents/Professions: Knowledgeable regarding poisons, mounted combat,
Main Faction: Horde
Secondary Faction(s): Argent Crusade, though will only aid in times of great need
Status with your Main Faction: Well-regarded mercenary
Personality: Ivorydawn, as she typically goes by her surname when among fellow armsmen, keeps up a stiff shield over her emotions.  When doing business or in a group, she comes off as stoic and determined, perhaps even a bit grim.  Privately, she nurses emotional wounds both deep and scaring.  She has a soft spot for children and forbids to let anyone disparage the path of the Light, though she makes no sign of following it herself.
History:  Ariat was the daughter of a fine tailor, being groomed to marry above her station when the Scourge came to Silvermoon City.  With the death of her family and many others on whom her life depended, she took to mercenary work in the name of the city and later the Horde.  Quick with a dagger, she soon took on more and more dangerous jobs, traveling the known world to defeat Scourge and line her pockets.  Though she knew not what she saved for, Ariat was determined that one day she would give up mercenary work and live a normal, quiet life.  While working as a freelance for the newly formed Argent Crusade, Ariat had a holy epiphany while tending to a dying paladin.  She became a devote follower of the Light, training to become an Argent Crusader.  She rose in the ranks, a model for devotion to the cause and the Light.  Vidtz, a young orcish squire, was assigned to her, and Crusader Ivorydawn found in the boy a meaning her life had lacked.  She petitioned the Crusade to fully adopt the boy as her own, one day hoping to spend a more peaceful life raising him.  A sudden accident with a poorly secured training saddle cost the boy his life.  Denied the child she had set her future upon, Crusader Ivorydawn in her grief returned her tabard to the Crusade, retiring from active duty.  Without a set course for her life, she has returned to mercenary work though her honor has not yet degraded to the point of using poisons and dirty tactics against her foes.
Racial Affections: Forsaken (she admires their individual tenacity), Blood Elves
Racial Hatreds: High elves, heavily distrusts Death Knights (for the most part, she considers them no longer a member of their birth races) and trolls
Sexual Experience: Having enjoyed playful trysts in her youth and mindless tumbles as a mercenary, Ariat did not take any lovers while a Crusader, finding none she desired to fully physically bond with during that time.  She prefers male attention over women but is willing to find love (or distraction) in either sex.
Armor:  Bronze and red plate, scratched from use but without dents.  She keeps a set of dark, well-oiled leather just in case.
Weapon: A long sword of little note.  She keeps a pair of daggers, with sharp and jagged hilts, named Wits and Puns, with deep grooves for poison.  Her shield, a glowing white tower shield, is known to be given to Argent Crusaders, called Bulwarks of Light.  They are known to heal their bearers when they are most in need.  The symbol of the Crusade as been pried off, leaving a blank mark at its center.
Mount: Argent charger and griffon (identifying barding removed)
Other Equipment:
Appearance: Ariat was not beautiful, though few recognized this if caught in her rare charms.  Though once having a decent prettiness in her careless youth, Ariat has been molded by her life, fading this once uneventful bit of elven loveliness.  Her hair, the ivory color her family has noted for, is cut roughly at chin length and usually tucked into her helmet.  Her lips and chin are thin, her chartreuse glowing eyes bearing the typical pride of her people.  Her upper arms, shoulders, and thighs have well-defined muscles, hardened by practical use and martial practice.  When not marred by a dash of white scar, her skin is pale where her armor would lie, her face usually shielded by her helm.  Her hands are well-calloused and long fingered though her palms are scarcely larger than her thin wrists.
Notable Traits: Tattoo on her hip (a white fox sitting), rough hands, a blotch of scaring on her left upper arm (self-removed tattoo), various white scar lines from battle
Casual Clothing: simple cotton dress with soft leather bodice (think Brewfest Dress)

-I have a drawing of her, but I need to upload it.
My heaven is to be with him always.
|/| O/O's / Plots / tumblr / A/A's |/|
And I am a writer, writer of fictions
I am the heart that you call home
And I've written pages upon pages
Trying to rid you from my bones

Aiden

Posting interest, with a few questions.

Are you allowing classes from the wowd20 system? Looking more into playing a blademaster (class not in the game (for PC, they are as NPCS) but in the world) over my in game character.
http://www.wowpedia.org/Blademaster

Also what "Time" we in, or what events are most current?

Arthas? Deathwing? Back to Vanilla before any major threats? I don't want to be a pain but I need to know what "mind set" to be in when I work up a bio if the character concept is allowed or if I have to scrap it and start over.

Question Mark

New, old, and little used classes are always welcome.  Blademaster your thing?  Then go for it!

As for timeset.  Since no one has stated any interest, I'm just going to say this RP will take place immediately before the Cataclysm.  So, roughly the year 35.  For reference, the timeline puts the First War at year 0, and Arthas died in the year 33.

Aiden

Awesome setting imo, before the shattering but after the veterans return unsure on what to do now with their non war filled lives.

Thanks Question, I'll work up a sheet soonish, returning veteran disillusioned with the petty squabbles between the horde and alliance (after seeing the bigger threats) will be fun to work with.

Shjade

Quote from: Question Mark on June 08, 2011, 09:21:36 PM
For reference, the timeline puts the First War at year 0, and Arthas died again in the year 33.
Fixed. ;p

Since we have a set time period now I'll go back and clean the pre-war stuff out of my character profile so it's not as cluttered.
◕/◕'s

Question Mark

Name: Emric Stone

Titles: of Dalaran, of Stormwind, of the Explorer's League

Race: Stormwind Human

Class: Battlemage

Specialization: Fire

Spells/Skills:
Summon Fire Elemental - He can bind and summon an elemental from the Firelands with any piece of metal.  Doing so consumes the reagant.
Swordplay - He's more of a novice than anything, but enjoys melding magic and melee combat.  In the ever dangerous world, he's finding this to be a necessary talent.
Accuracy - Emric is very accurate with his shotgun.
Invisibility - Although it requires extensive preparation, Emric can cast invisibility on himself or others, and maintain for quite some time, even in combat.

Talents/Professions:
Engineering - He's always been an engineer, but meeting goblins and gnomes in his travels has helped him become a good one.
Cooking - You find interesting ways to make bulk rations taste good when that's all you eat.
Jewelcrafting - Just like in the game: Boring as hell.  Makes good money.
Languages - Spending time on Outland forced Emric to learn some languages, in addition to the ones learned in his childhood.  He considers it a fun hobby.  He knows fluent Common, Thalassian, and Orcish.  He also knows some Gnomish, Goblin, and Dwarven.  He likes to study Draconic and Kalimag, but obviously knows very little.
Teleportation - He can teleport to magically powerful places he has been, such as Dalaran and Stormwind.  Given enough detail, he could also teleport to the Sunwell, Silvermoon City, etc.
Archeology - Emric is an amateur explorer and archeologist.  He's basically Brann Bronzebeard in this aspect.

Main Faction: Explorer's League

Secondary Faction(s): In order from most important to least.
- Dalaran
- Stormwind
- The Alliance
- Steamwheedle Cartel
- The Consortium
- The Scryers

Status with your Main Faction: He's a rising star.

Personality: Emric's youth, combined with his expeditions throughout Azeroth and Draenor, has created a pseudo-mature personality.  He's both naive and street smart, knowing how to survive and how the world works, but also stuck in the eternal optimism of youth.  He takes things as they come, often jumping to conclusions and acting on impulse.  He's not stupid though; his impulses are just based on rapid insight, a knack for seeing straight to the source of the problem.  Emric has a boundless imagination, always experimenting with magic and expressing his creativity through writing and storytelling.  He's bored easily - Jewelcrafting, for example, terrifies him - and always on the move and looking for change.  He prefers diplomacy over violence, talking over combat; this is both because of his relative inexperience with fighting, and because of his overall focus on creation and discovery.

History: Emric was born in the year 12 in Stormwind, the first of three children (he was the only to survive past the first year).  He grew up with many trips out of the city and into the surrounding forests and hills.  His mother was killed when he was seven, far away in the Redridge Mountains.

When he was 12, Emric expressed real interest in magic, rather than the priesthood he had always led his father to believe.  Begrudgingly, he was given classes by local mages.  However, the next year, his father (a paladin) was called to Lordaeron to deal with the rumors of an unholy blight spreading through the extreme north.  Although he didn't believe it was worth traveling half the world, Emric convinced him to go so that the young boy could be trained by the magisters of the magocratic city-state, Dalaran.

Of course, the Scourge proved to be a horrifyingly destructive force.  With his father's wellbeing unknown, Emric was forced to remain in Dalaran, even after it's destruction.  He helped rebuild it, training and learning there until he was seventeen, when he decided to fulfill his second passion in life: exploration.  Finding a nearby expedition of dwarves, Emric joined the Explorer's League.

He traveled the Eastern Kingdoms for several years, and went through the Dark Portal the moment it was secured.  After two years in Outland Emric, now 21, joined the Ulduar expedition, studying the Titan city until just recently, when news of his father being alive called him back to Stormwind.

Racial Affections: In order
Humans - Well, dur
High Elves - They're masters of magic, live hundreds of year, are the finest specimens of beauty, and hold Light in themselves via the Sunwell.  They are his greatest aspiration.
Blood Elves - Blood elves are just better high elves.  He's compassionate for their suffering, and sees in them a strength that the wispier high elves don't possess.
Goblins - Those wacky goblins.  One day they exchange schematics with you.  The next, they try to blow you up with a toothbrush.  He loves that.
Gnomes - He loves their concept of technology as the "physical magic."
Trolls - He's encountered many troll tribes over the years, some friendly, some not.  He admires their adaptiveness and underlying culture.

Racial Hatreds: In order
Undead - Any and all.  The destruction of Dalaran scarred him.  He sees the Forsaken as worse than the Scourge: Scourge are mindless or unwilling.  The Forsaken choose to commit their atrocities.
Demons - They're freaking DEMONS!
Orcs - Not so much anymore.  This is more of a deep-rooted remnant of his childhood that he's trying to purge from himself.

Sexual Experience: He's had two relationships, never got into any flings or one-offs.
- His first was with a high elf mage-in-training around his age three years after the sacking of Dalaran. <--- Relationship
- His second was with a human herbalist he had met in Shattrath City during his time in Terrokar Forest.  They remain in contact via letters.  <--- Relationship

Armor: Heavy hooded cloak with clasps.  Long sleeved cloth shirt.  Leather vest with many, many pockets on it.  He has thick pants with padded leather parts over the knees.  His boots are heavy stacked cowhide.  Fingerless gloves with metal knuckles (used for prospecting and jewelcrafting).  Coloration is mottled brown and green.

Weapon: Two, actually.
Composite Shotgun - He made it himself from a Goblin schematic, with one or five dozen adjustments.  Shoots single bullets, medium range, ammunition is often enchanted by Emric.  Used mainly for hunting.
Spirit of Curiosity - A short sword gifted to him from Amani trolls.  He's had it enchanted and reforged to compensate for it's age.  Approximately 75 centimeters long, straight, though the last 15 centimeters forms a gentle curve.  There's a blood canal for poisons (which he never uses).  A delicate engraved script around the hilt gives it its name.

Mount: A young mare named Tella.

Other Equipment: Many blank scrolls and ink jars.  A couple of books.  Bundles of maps.  Ammunition (maybe 50 bullets).  Food and water skins for two weeks travel.  Various herbs and powders for reagents, utilities, or medicine.  Extra clothes.  Basic camping supplies.

Appearance:  A bit lighter skinned.  Cloak, belt, and shirt are the same (aside from the shirt being brown).

Notable Traits: None worth mentioning aside from his heavily tanned skin.  At least, heavily tanned visible skin.

Casual Clothing: His armor his casual clothing.

Question Mark

Alright, some time tomorrow I'll put up the voting for plots.  If you want to give your opinions or make any last suggestions, now's the time.  Expect the voting to start tomorrow afternoon (EST time).  It'll go until tomorrow night.

Then we'll get underway!

Wolfy

Rawr, I wanna join..but I don't know if I could make a profile as impressive as everyone elses..lol

Question Mark

Quote from: Wolfy on June 08, 2011, 11:24:52 PM
Rawr, I wanna join..but I don't know if I could make a profile as impressive as everyone elses..lol

Can't speak for Star or Shade, but I like to put a lot of detail into my characters.  It's not a requirement.  :P  Besides, it only looks impressive because it requires a lot of info.  By the time it's done, I'm sure it'll look fine.  I wouldn't let something like that deter you, of course.

So....  PLEASE JOIN!  /beg

Alliance

I've been experimenting with my profile style and I prefer this style. I do hope you don't mind. This is my old and usual style

Edit: Um stuff isn't bolding for me and the font size isn't working at all. Neither is the color. WTF

---------------------------------------------------

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Eldire Melbourne

Alternative Photo/Appearance: This photo is the alternative to the closeup. So you understand his hair and such. This time around his hair is longer than where he usually wears it. Here is the photo

Eldire is as handsome as a skeleton. His skin is milky and white, all of his features are thin and malnourished. His skin seems to stretch across his face. He isn't old, nor does he look very old. Rather he was more like a starving handsome young man. He was blond with metallic like strands of hair; like cotton it flowed in the wind. Though no one saw any of these features, he wore a black hooded robe that was quite large on him. There were ancient runes on the trim of the hood and other parts of trim on the robe. His eyes were sharp and metallic silver, that reflected multiple colors in the light. Bands of bright colors, a rainbow bent into these husky silver eyes. His eyelashes were the strangest of them all as they were the last figment remains of stitches that once closed his eyes together. His lips had scars from the stitches once sewing his mouth shut. He had the faintest smell of lilac and roses, which lingered even when he no longer was there. There were dark circles underneath his eye, from active sleepless nights. In one eye reflected his fear and his grievance. And in the other eye reflected his sadness and grief.

Race: Human

Class: Mage

Specialization: Raw Arcane Magic

Spells/Skills:
Slow

Sleep

Raw Bonds [paralysis]

Arcane Barrage/Missile

Arcane Blast [single-target force blast]

Arcane Explosion [blasts everything around the spellcaster at point-blank range]

Blink [short-range teleport, jumps you forward about 15 meters]

False Image

Talents/Professions: Enchanting and Inscriptions, due to his control in raw magic its most likely he is wide in the verse of enchanting and inscritpions.

Main Faction: Kirin Tor

Secondary Faction(s): NA

Status with your Main Faction: He can be a pain in their side

Personality: In present time Eldire is quite calm. Both wise and eager. He doesn't talk much, maybe because he can't see much. He lost most of his speech at fourteen years old when discovered by James. Being both in solitude and being placed within in walls, he was left to die. And part of him did die. He appears alone and doesn't get attached to people often. He keeps his dreams and his seer abilities to himself. Much to the groups annoyance. Despite being quite calm, he can be temperamental and bitter. People disgust him. Make him sick. He has this seething hate towards them. Towards their fear. Which frightens the group into believing that he would align himself with the demons. In the scope of things Eldire has hobbies of course, everyone has hobbies. He likes to compose music in his head of course. Never owning an instrument he tends to use his non existent voice or hands to compose pieces he can only hear. He humors himself by remember the tunes that he once heard in his own home, as he lay to rot away within in his home. A crypt for a crypt. Eldire isn't a loner, he will amused himself sometimes as well by aligning with people, but not for very long. He's rather nomadic and doesn't enjoy getting close.

History:

Eldire was born both a seer and powerful mage; born in a farm in one of Lordaeron's villages.. His parents were frightened of him because of his dreams. His predictions. But not only that, but his strength in the arcane arts. They were afraid to send him off anywhere, to the special magic schools. And they possibly didn't have enough money to do otherwise anyway.

"It was like a crypt. The smell was of rotten wood and stale water. The bugs use to bite and I could hear the scratching of a few or more rats. They squeaked and yet with my eyes closed I still had my dreams. I was a weaver of the futures within in my dreams. I was alone and hungry and wondered on days at end if I were to die. And yet all though I had both died and lived, I wasn't yet ready to give up. Some nights naively I'd bang on the walls, to no avail. I wondered if I was still in the at home sometimes. But it must be. Because I could both hear the folk songs and my father bringing whores home."

Eldire was born a rather special seer. One that was born only ever few hundred years or so. They were called Dream Weavers. And quite close to it they were powerful in dream magic. Dream magic is the abilities of putting enemies to sleep, paralysis and create and cause illusions to their host. Eldire was rescued by a knight name Sir James of Catheolon. He was further raised for most of his life by Sir James. Rescued at fourteen, Eldire was at the deaths door by the time James had come. [For he sake of this RP I have been informed that arcane creates illusions and shadow magic is entropy. So that's how we'll interpret this.

"Both the music and the people seemed to muddle themselves. All the sounds were now the same. Over and over again. In darkness and solitude. I wondered if I were both mad and sane. Such contradictions within life. Such an oxymoron. My life was an oxymoron. I couldn't move my body, all I could do was weave dreams. All I could do was see the future and know nothing would come to avail. I never knew that my family had left me within in this crypt. All the sounds sounded the same. I couldn't tell what time or how much time had passed. I couldn't move. This must be what death is like. Then why, why do I continue to dream the dreams of the future. Sometimes I heard walls collapsing, but that all must have been within my head. But someone's hands, warm hands, touched me. I believed only that it be an angel, cascading me high into the sky where I could be sent back to hell. To tease and trick me with the gates of heaven. When I did awake, I was still alive. Much to both my disappointment and solemn grief. The world was still so dark. So dark. And I wondered if I were actually dead.

"Hey hey," said a rasp, quiet voice, "Take it easy. Take it easy."

Yet, I couldn't speak and yet I could say nothing because I had forgotten to both see and speak."

James a knight of Catheolon knew some people due to his ages of war. And decided that he was to take care of the boy abandoned in a wine cellar. Having so many friends in high places allowed him to get the boy a teacher of magic. Someone to have enough patients with the blind and mute boy. Partially mute. This would have taken place in Dalaran right after it was destroyed. For the sake of the RP as well James probably found the boy during the Scourging.

Racial Affections: None - "I admire a race that minds its own business,"

Racial Hatreds: Humans, which is funny because he is human. It mostly has to do with his past though

Sexual Experience: NA [not applicable]- He's more asexual and only has ever platonic romances. Those didn't last very long though due to Eldire's nomadic thought process.

Armor: None- look at alternative photo/appearance to read what he wears

Weapon: Under Construction - Full Bloom is the name

Mount: He's the kind of wizard that doesn't need a mount cause he teleports. Though its limited to places he knows

Other Equipment: Under construction

Notable Traits: See Alternative Photo/Appearance to read, but I will also explain here. Dark circles around his eyes from very on purpose sleepless nights. The ridges on his right side of his lip exist. Also the freckles too.

On his forehead you see the long line scar with close to the right eyebrow, that also exist.

I was keeping the swirled marks on his right cheek, as some form of face war paint though. By that mean I mean the area near the lip that extends up inside the bridge of the of the nose and extends only to the cheek bone.

Other:- Hold on loading his theme song and other forms of information

Question Mark

The scarring on the right side of his face seems to be artistic - note how it's "flaking off" into the black.  How much of that is actually on his face?

Wolfy

Name: Rihoko
Titles: The Explorer
Race: Blood Elf
Age: 20 (Killed at that age, resurrected 5 years ago. Still has the same youthful appearence, doesn't age.)
Class: Death Knight. :D
Specialization: Two Handed Swords, Diseases, Unholy
Spells/Skills: Summoning Ghouls. Disarming. Has created her own diseases.
Talents/Professions: Enchanting, Alchemy
Main Faction: Horde
Secondary Faction(s): Knights of the Ebon Blade, Dalaran.
Status with your Main Faction: Champion of the Horde.
Personality: Flirty and playful, Rihoko isn't stopped just by a simple death and resurrection. Though she only remembers bits and pieces of her former, living life, she keeps her personality from that time.
History: Killed at the age of 20, Rihoko had a small life. She had originally been an alchemist, one of the best and brightest in Silvermoon, until she was killed, anyway. Her skills helped to Advance Alchemy far, and her intelligence couldn't be matched...until she lost her life, and all of that went away. Now, for the past five years, she has been under the Lich King's control, only recently broken free by the Knights of the Ebon Blade, something she is thankful for. Her memories and the things she knew come back to her in bits and pieces, flashbacks triggering when she sees something familiar.
Racial Affections: Draenei (Secretly!), Worgen, Tauren.
Racial Hatreds: Humans! Dwarves!
Sexual Experience: Very sexual, she is very flexible and willing to experiment. She was the same in her past life, though now that she has diseases that can paralyze and even arouse, she likes being a death knight even more.

Rawr, I know it's terrible. :/

Question Mark

Quote from: Wolfy on June 08, 2011, 11:56:38 PMRawr, I know it's terrible. :/

Don't be ridiculous.  Less detail only means more room for development.

Just one thing: What's her last name, or does she not remember it?

Alliance

Quote from: Question Mark on June 08, 2011, 11:53:14 PM
The scarring on the right side of his face seems to be artistic - note how it's "flaking off" into the black.  How much of that is actually on his face?

The ridges on his right side of his lip exist.

On his forehead you see the long line scar with close to the right eyebrow, that also exist.

I was keeping the swirled marks on his right cheek, as some form of face war paint though. I have a second image to this image that I was going to load, but at current it won't bold or color anything for me or size it right. By that mean I mean the area near the lip that extends up inside the bridge of the of the nose and extends only to the cheek bone.

So I have to clear my cookies. Or something.

Aiden

Name: High Warlord Gorejaw Redaxe
Titles:
High Warlord
Conqueror
Diplomat
the Noble
Race: Orc
Class: Warrior turned Blademaster
Specialization: Combat, Leadership, Diplomacy, Infiltration
Spells/Skills:
Mirror Image- Can make multiples copies of himself, used as a confusion/fear tactic.
Wind walk- Can vanish into thin air and move and blinding speeds, can follow it up with a devastating attack.
Bladestorm- A storm of steel and death, none have seen one up close and lived to tell
Talents/Professions: Dragonriding, Miner/blacksmith
Main Faction:  Horde
Secondary Faction(s):
Warsong Offensive
Warsong Outriders
Forsaken Defilers
Frostwolf clan
Status with your Main Faction: Highly respected by warriors, distrusted by the younger ones under the new leadership despite being born from the warsong clan.
Personality: Disturbingly calm, wise and mild tempered (when not in combat). Highly disciplined and respectful to those who return it. Commanding and frightening in combat a true orc who excels in the battlefield and has the scars,legend and songs to prove it.
History:
Gorejaw is among the first generation of the new horde, the first children born free from the lethargy and demon corruption their ancestors have been forced to endure. But these new generations are torn between old inherited hatreds and a new world that can not let go of the past. The young orc was taught personally by Varok Saurfang after he was able to match his other teachers in combat at a young age. Schooled by shamans, taught about the spirits and their blessings and hardened in combat by the High Overlord himself the young brash Gorejaw became an orc of honor and knowledge well beyond his years.

His skill in combat began in the warsong gulch and Arathi Basin, securing the highly needed supplies for the growing city and its people. He rose through the ranks quickly, proving himself in combat and when Thrall's personal clan came under fire by the stormpike league he answered the call and fought where he learned the path of the Blademaster by Captain Galvanger of the frostwolf clan himself. The young man spent two winters before the battle came to a stalemate but the death of Captain Galvenger affected him deeply and came out with a hatred for the alliance.

Upon his return he was recruited into the Kolkron guard and fought along side his mentor Varok in the war of the shifting sands before he was dispatched to Northrend. It took years of brutal warfare in frigid climates to make the man make sense of who he was. There was nothing wrong in battle but hate lead to a vicious cycle that never broke, a lesson he learned as he saw his role model carry his dead son away from the citadel. Few know that it was another combination effort of both horde and alliance forces to finally end the reign of the Lich King, many respected one another and saw each other as family after that event. Returning home for the veteran blademaster had left much to take into consideration. The old hatreds continue to exist on Azeroth and with talks of the son of Grom Hellscream becoming new warchief, Gorejaw finds himself uncertain that a hot headed war monger like Garrosh is ready to take over during Thrall's absence.

Like many who returned, none where given time off, the horde never took vacations but he was one of the lucky ones to return back home and not be left in Northrend as part of the skeletal crew to keep their watch on the few resources they did acquire in the cold wastelands. To keep his body and mind keen he has begun to enter the gladiator games that have been growing in popularity in the time the real men went to war and the children where left home to play.

Racial Affections: Humans- Many can be quite inspiring individuals, Draneai- Long history with this race, is amazed to see how forgiving most can be.  Tuaren- Noble and honorable people, some of his best friends come from the various "hoof" clans.
Racial Hatreds: Goblins- Loathes their greedy immoral ways. Gnomes- Dislikes their fascination with the arcane arts, far more noticeable then other races.
Sexual Experience: Experienced, love on the battlefield was not common but sometimes the best way to stay warm in the bone chilling cold was to take a mate. Human, orc, Dranaei, Troll, etc (does not discriminate)
Armor:  Wears light armor to keep him swift in battle, wears coat in times of intense cold. Carries a Warsong Sashimono at all times. Attire normally consists of leather pants, a steel plated belt and boots, gauntlets and shoulder guard.
Weapon:

Culling song
Gorejaw has carried this weapon since he earned the rank of Highwarlord before he went off to the war of the sands. Despite the same appearance it is nothing like the original that the master smiths of the horde made for him. The original blade has been replaced my an alloy blend of multiple metals that make the blade vibrate when swung that it makes a distinct sound many have described like a wyvern's screech. Much like Hellscream, it announced death on the battlefield and has spilled unmeasurable amounts of blood. The blade is Gorejaw's honor, pride and joy in one and he can be found sharpening or caring for it like a mother would a child.
Mount:
Onyxsteel

Other Equipment:A blood stained tabard of the Silverhand given to him by an  fallen (alliance) comrade which he keeps in his personal possessions at all times until he can find the son he swore to deliver it to.
Appearance: (See picture)

Notable Traits: Multiple scars across his body, mostly chest. The Warsong "grin" on his left arm, the Horde symbol on the right. A pair of blue eyes, a very rare trait among orcs.
Casual Clothing: (Optional)

Aiden

Think I got carried away with the detail... >.> well the bio at least.

Shjade

Nah, it's only about as long as mine.

...granted, Syr's bio covers about twice as much time...but still! ;p
◕/◕'s

Question Mark

Quote from: Aiden on June 09, 2011, 02:06:36 AMThink I got carried away with the detail... >.> well the bio at least.

No, I've seen far....   far worse, believe me.  Character accepted.

Alliance

Finishing up Eldire question.

I'm actually more or less going to finish it tomorrow. Because I'm really tired.

Aiden

Question Mark- A slight error in my character's link/name.

It's Gorejaw, you put in Gorehowl.

Question Mark

Quote from: Aiden on June 09, 2011, 09:51:21 AM
Question Mark- A slight error in my character's link/name.

It's Gorejaw, you put in Gorehowl.

My bad man, all fixed.

I'm going to start setting up the polls now.  Voting will go until tonight!

LunarSage

I wanted to clarify... my reason for not being interested wasn't the Tirion thing, though that was disappointing.  Everyone seems to know the lore inside and out and while I know a bit of it, it's left me more than a bit lost and intimidated.  Year 35?  Veterans returning from a war?  I'm clueless... I haven't read any of the books.

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Alliance

@Lunar: I do not know the lore at all, I have been reading the wiki though.

Is it possible I can hire the assistance of someone to help me with Class and Specialization? Someone who knows this better than I.

Aiden

I can help you with lore questions, if you give me a character concept I can help you with the bio or answer questions.

Question mark- What poll am I not seeing something?

http://www.wowpedia.org/Timeline_%28from_official_site,_2004%29

Is a pretty decent timeline, you play wow so you began your characters life in the year 25.

Arthas died in the year 35.

So in that time there was the war of the sands, the multiple battlegrounds, the war in northrend and this game starts at the end of the Lich King before the cataclysm expansion.