Trump

Started by Vekseid, February 01, 2017, 02:59:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tolvo

Quote from: Regina Minx on January 18, 2019, 07:15:37 AM
BuzzFeed. We all might need to take their quizzes more seriously now. 

Actually, the first article of impeachment against Nixon was “Subsequent [to the watergate breakin] thereto, Richard M. Nixon, using the powers of his high office, engaged personally and through his close subordinates and agents, in a course of conduct or plan designed to delay, impede, and obstruct the investigation of such illegal entry; to cover up, conceal and protect those responsible; and to conceal the existence and scope of other unlawful covert activities.”

Buzzfeed has a lot of great investigative journalists and has broken a lot of important stories. They are a pretty trustworthy news source though it doesn't help that their site has a lot of other things it does so a lot of people think of it as a mostly silly site. BuzzfeedNews is pretty different from general Buzzfeed.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/emmaloop/congress-investigates-trump-telling-cohen-lie

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-obstruction-report-twitter-reaction_us_5c41826de4b0a8dbe16fb1f4

The House Intelligence Committee are now going to investigate further based on the revelation.

legomaster00156

For everyone with Republican representatives or senators, please call or E-mail them now. Tell them that they have a duty to constituents, to the country, and to the Constitution to help, not obstruct, the process of justice. This is not about party, nor about ideology, it is about the health of democracy and the United States as they exist. No matter how damning this is to Trump or the GOP, they have a duty to assist, and possibly even to impeach. They took an oath to the Constitution, not to Donald Trump.

Tolvo

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/trump-all-congressional-delegation-travel-needs-white-house-approval-during-shutdown

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/18/politics/fact-check-trump-afghanistan/index.html

It should be mentioned, he also recently limited congressional travel with government aircraft, only those the White House approves may use them. After he forced Pelosi to cancel an oversea trip to Afghanistan at literally the last minute while they were on their way to the flight.

So they need White House approval to travel via government aircraft, which given that Trump favors only those who do what he wants and is heavily spiteful and petty and is trying to force the Dems to give him the wall, looks like strong arming in the guise of saving funds he caused the loss of during his government shut down. And the White House has stated in the case of Pelosi they are directly trying to keep her available to negotiate and forcing her to stay within the USA. And have completely disallowed her from flying commercial, publicly stating she can if she wants but then barring her from actually doing so by raising the threat assessment due to Trump making her trip public knowledge.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/01/trumps-prayer-rug-paranoia/580792/

Also for some reason Trump is scare mongering with fictional prayer rugs(Which are just a religious item) being sighted along the border without any actual evidence, claiming that Muslims are coming in through the South from Mexico. Along with nationalities that no longer exist.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/u-s-troops-embarrassed-trump-s-syria-plan-kurdish-commander-n960126

Also things are still getting worse in Syria due to Trump's plans, and it may be the end of the Kurdish forces that repel ISIS due to Trump's decision. Which he announced with a complete lie and allows more terrorist attacks to happen. There is a reason many call Trump the president ISIS hoped for, as he has boosted their recruitment and his decisions often play into their hands.

Kitteredge

Trump will be making a 'major announcement' tomorrow at 3pm EST concerning the 'Humanitarian Crisis on our Southern Border, and the Shutdown'.

Speculation that he might declare a state of emergency in order to move funds around as he wants.

Sara Nilsson

maybe I have just been blind, but is there even a concrete steel slats plan (I know, see what I did there? So witty, much laughter. Such wow) about the wall? Where it will go? What it will look like? Or are we still at the.. we will a wall.. of some sort, just give me money for it stage of planning?

It just seems to be like not only do they put the cart before the donkey, they don't even have a donkey or a cart. Just an idea that a cart and donkey combo might be neat..

Skynet

Quote from: Sara Nilsson on January 18, 2019, 06:44:58 PM
maybe I have just been blind, but is there even a concrete steel slats plan (I know, see what I did there? So witty, much laughter. Such wow) about the wall? Where it will go? What it will look like? Or are we still at the.. we will a wall.. of some sort, just give me money for it stage of planning?

It just seems to be like not only do they put the cart before the donkey, they don't even have a donkey or a cart. Just an idea that a cart and donkey combo might be neat..

There was this tweet by POTUS back in late December:

Kitteredge

I believe Trump has called it a wall, then a fence, then demanded no one call it a fence. He's said it would be see through (for some reason), that it would be concrete, that it would be steel slats. I believe the steel slats thing is still the going one. There have been prototypes set up, outside San Diego, I believe.

There are absolutely no actual plans for a wall that anyone knows of. It's all just asking for a huge amount of money. An amount that won't actually cover what the wall would actually cost.

This is a man whose charity foundation, by the way, was just shut down because it was constructed to usher money directly into shell corporations and into his own pockets. As another example, his inauguration funds, which are being investigated -- a huge amount of money disappeared.

Tolvo

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/01/18/if-trump-campaigns-were-building-wall-with-its-gimmick-bricks-it-would-cost-billion/?utm_term=.846951f92a75

Also Trump's campaign is now selling bricks that cost 20.20$ to supporters so they can send the bricks with Trump slogans and lies on them to Democrats, likely this will turned to violence as somebody inevitably throws a brick because that's probably the intent partially is as a threat. Especially given the wording of those suggesting it, such as Donald Trump Jr on twitter.

Which yes now the Wall is stated to be steel. It's not a very well built plan. He also claimed it repelled what was described essentially as an Orcish invasion and that it is 25% complete already which, there was no evidence of. Claiming that 25% held off an invasion and unwalled parts allowed invaders in thus that's why the Wall is necessary. Though maybe the government website he had claiming this has been altered since then because it as very obviously fabricated.

lustfulintentions

Quote from: Tolvo on January 18, 2019, 07:09:43 PM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/01/18/if-trump-campaigns-were-building-wall-with-its-gimmick-bricks-it-would-cost-billion/?utm_term=.846951f92a75

Also Trump's campaign is now selling bricks that cost 20.20$ to supporters so they can send the bricks with Trump slogans and lies on them to Democrats, likely this will turned to violence as somebody inevitably throws a brick because that's probably the intent partially is as a threat. Especially given the wording of those suggesting it, such as Donald Trump Jr on twitter.

Which yes now the Wall is stated to be steel. It's not a very well built plan. He also claimed it repelled what was described essentially as an Orcish invasion and that it is 25% complete already which, there was no evidence of. Claiming that 25% held off an invasion and unwalled parts allowed invaders in thus that's why the Wall is necessary. Though maybe the government website he had claiming this has been altered since then because it as very obviously fabricated.

I mean, to be fair, in addition to being cruel and hateful, the man is also a god-forsaken moron.

Tolvo

https://www.dhs.gov/news/2018/12/12/walls-work

Still confusing is this pro-Trump page on the Department of Homeland Security site which cites an incident of 1,000 immigrants attacking a wall and using terms trying to compare them to a military force, which as far as I can find never happened given when this was dated to. That there wasn't even any incidents they could stretch and lie to be considered even remotely such an incident. I remember how weird it was back then and it still is, I don't remember if this was the exact wording it originally had though. I remember Trump claimed this was part of his wall that was partially funded but it says right now that it is a different wall funded by congress.

gaggedLouise

Quote from: Tolvo on January 18, 2019, 07:09:43 PM

What's the postage fee for sending a brick across the USA? In most countries, that stuff would carry a heavy-duty batch of stamps on it! :P

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Tolvo

Depends how much each one weighs, where they are, where they're sending, the brick of course is the really expensive part. Luckily for them the postal service is state funded so they're actually functioning during the government shut down. Though the people they're sending bricks to also will have people go check their mail and things for them, especially since many of them in recent memory were sent bombs by a Trump supporter and since they are politicians. So they probably won't ever actually see those bricks personally though they might be told.

Kitteredge

Quote from: gaggedLouise on January 19, 2019, 07:08:21 AM
What's the postage fee for sending a brick across the USA? In most countries, that stuff would carry a heavy-duty batch of stamps on it! :P

Is there any indication that they are real bricks? Advertise real bricks, send foam bricks, pocket the enormous difference to add to the already enormous grift. If you've ever seen the "end times" batches of food and so on that James Baker and others sell, it's similar. These huge containers of barely edible meal stupid at a huge markup to captive audiences. It's not like any of these people will see any of the bricks they 'donate.'

Meanwhile, it looks like this afternoon's announcement is something like $5.7 billion for the wall and sundry uses in exchange for DACA and other protections. The government would be reopened.

Oniya

Average brick weighs about 4.5 pounds (and that's based on the picture, which looks like a 'Standard Brick').  Postage would vary depending on how it's sent (ground, air, first-class, overnight, parcel post) but somewhere in the vicinity of $10 or higher is about as close as I could estimate.  If they go for UPS or FedEx, they'd be charged even more.

I'm wondering if any of them are buying these bricks as 'show pieces'.  'See here?  I helped President Trump build that there wall.'  ... that is made of steel spikes and was supposed to be paid for by Mexico.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Tolvo

I believe it is also being pushed as a social media thing, like buy one and take a selfie with it to show you were ready to show the Dems what's what and support Trump. And probably will after be as you state Oniya. Though it'd be a bit interesting if people who actually send them to Dem leaders end up on a list because of it and previous events.

Roleplay Frog

'So grandpa, where do the sayings 'getting trumped' and 'dumb as a brick' come from'

"Oh, that is both a long, and a short story, me boy..."

Oniya

Now I'm imagining one of those brick entryways like they have at museums and such, where you donate money and get a brick installed as a commemoration of your contribution.  We could call it 'Trump Plaza', and hope that it follows its name-sake into bankruptcy.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Tolvo

As long as the building entrance is guarded by a steel fence that you can see through.

Kitteredge

Quote from: Tolvo on January 19, 2019, 01:08:14 PM
I believe it is also being pushed as a social media thing, like buy one and take a selfie with it to show you were ready to show the Dems what's what and support Trump. And probably will after be as you state Oniya. Though it'd be a bit interesting if people who actually send them to Dem leaders end up on a list because of it and previous events.

I misunderstood send thought this guy would send the bricks to Pelosi for you, which is a genius grift. As it is, he's talking a fifty cent brick and mailing it for ten bucks and pocketing ten dollars each time. Pretty genius idea. Meanwhile, these people get a brick.

Tolvo

Perhaps, I'm not sure if they are very explicit on how it is set up tbh. And since they're completely untrustworthy whatever they may say they'll do they might not be telling the truth anyway.

Oniya

Quote from: Kitteredge on January 19, 2019, 01:21:01 PM
I misunderstood send thought this guy would send the bricks to Pelosi for you, which is a genius grift. As it is, he's talking a fifty cent brick and mailing it for ten bucks and pocketing ten dollars each time. Pretty genius idea. Meanwhile, these people get a brick.

I was thinking 'They buy a brick for $20.20 - which they also have to pay shipping on to receive.  They then have to pay shipping a second time to send it to the Dems.'  Fifty-cent brick leads to $19.70 in profit, plus the poor sap is out no less than $40.  (Every site wants to compare 10-lb packages.  Maybe I should assume two bricks?)

Kitteredge

Quote from: Oniya on January 19, 2019, 01:40:24 PM
I was thinking 'They buy a brick for $20.20 - which they also have to pay shipping on to receive.  They then have to pay shipping a second time to send it to the Dems.'  Fifty-cent brick leads to $19.70 in profit, plus the poor sap is out no less than $40.  (Every site wants to compare 10-lb packages.  Maybe I should assume two bricks?)

Oh! Wow! Shipping and handling is extra! This is evil, utterly unscrupulous genius.

Oniya

I mean, I can't be bothered to give them the page view to find out for sure, but if I were a money-hungry bastard, that's what I'd do.

Kitteredge

Also:

gold brick

/ˈɡōld ˌbrik/

INFORMAL•US

verb

gerund or present participle: goldbricking

invent excuses to avoid a task; shirk.

"he wasn't goldbricking; he was really sick"

swindle (someone).

Oniya

Which also brings to mind:

brick
/brik/
verb
gerund or present participle: bricking

1. to block or enclose with a wall of bricks.
    "the doors have been bricked up"
2. (informal) to cause (a smartphone or other electronic device) to become completely unable to function, typically on a permanent basis.
"installing an unofficial OS voids the warranty and may brick the phone"