The Alter Ego - [Superhero Nightclub, Sandbox]

Started by MissFire, July 20, 2014, 10:06:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MissFire

Audio: Nightclub Superheroes

The year 2015 saw the emergence of a new stage of human evolution. Enhanced physical capabilities, elemental and energy manipulation started to show itself within humans. These abilities could only be described as super powers. For the first time, superheroes were a real thing. Yet with great power, comes great desire and so with the heroes came the villains. A new age began; one of titanic conflicts, of hope, of loss, of good and evil. Even those still left behind by this new age of evolution participated in it. Those gifted with high intelligence or exemplary combat skill battled on level with or against those with strange and wonderful powers. Soon enough, every major city had it's own cast of players, both good and bad. The world is dominated by their actions and their stories.

The life of a costumed crusader, however, is not one of privacy and solitude and even the most attention-craving of supers need a place where they can relax and unwind. An unknown benefactor in New York City knew this deeply. Who or what this benefactor is remains a mystery, but he (or she) did one thing to fill this need for freedom.

The Alter Ego was constructed under the city. An ultra-exclusive and extremely secret club that welcomes both hero and villain alike. It is a place where those in the business can come to unwind and relax, enjoy drinks, fine dining, shows, or even enjoy each other in one of the many private suites. The place is three floors of paradise for the costumed set. It has an astounding two floor nightclub and an entire floor filled with suites, restaurants, and a spa. You will find no training rooms or 'crime computers' here - no connection to the outside world at all. No TV's, no radio. Once one steps inside, the outside world simply vanishes. Of course, when one gets 'heroes' and 'villains' together in one place, strict rules must be followed;

1. The Alter Ego is surrounded by four foot thick walls made out of the strongest metal in the world, sealed with magic-dampening wards that render offensive mystical abilities useless, uses sophisticated technology to disable super suits, explosive devices, and other technological gizmos. Handheld weapons such as firearms, blades and the like will be turned over to Security before entry to The Alter Ego and each piece of equipment is stored in it's own dampened, sealed, and blast resistant locker.

2. Supers with abilities not affected by the previous safety measures (ie; those with super strength, toughness, or non-magical offensive capabilities) are bound by their word to be on their best behavior. Fights are outlawed. Any violent action will see both parties detained by the Security staff and forcefully ejected. The Security staff is equipped with the best anti-super weaponry on the market, allowing them to disable any power set at a moment's notice.

3. Likewise, before being ejected, the offenders will be mind-wiped so they do not remember The Alter Ego. Secrecy is important. Because secrecy is important, membership and admittance is by invitation only and members are to keep the existence of the club a secret. If the club thinks a leak has occured, every current member will be wiped, the club relocated, and the business started over.

4. The Alter Ego, in reference to point (3), does the inviting. Not you. Prospective members will be contacted - current members are not to invite friends nor disclose the club to anyone at any time. The Alter Ego runs full psychological profiles on prospective members. As such, only mentally stable heroes and villains will be invited, in order to reduce the chance of a security leak, incident, or a fight.

5. All facilities are free to every member. Meals at any restaurant, spa treatment, drinks, and use of the suites are at no cost. Please drink responsibly. Maximum stay at a suite for one guest is a week. Membership costs nothing. Sex is allowed (and encouraged) within The Alter Ego and may take place at any location, but those that need privacy may use the suites, provided one is free.

The Alter Ego : Member Profile

[float=left][img height=500 padding=8]Image URL Here![/img][/float]
[b]Real Name:[/b]
[b]Alter Ego:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Sex:[/b]

[b]Bio:[/b]

[b]Powers/Abilities:[/b]

[b]Sexual Preference:[/b]
[b]Ons:[/b]
[b]Offs:[/b]
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

MissFire

Alter Ego: Nightbrite
Sex: Female

Bio: One of the second generation of superheroes to defend New York City, Abbigail Armstrong discovered her powers when she was a teenager (as most supers do, powers usually manifesting around puberty) and quickly started fighting crime. In the beginning, she was inexperienced and clumsy. Still adapting to her powers, she was more trouble than help most times. However, Nighthawk took notice of her and took her under his wing (so to speak), dubbing her "Blackbird". As his apprentice, he trained her to use her powers to their full extent, as well as training her in gymnastics and martial arts. After Nighthawk's retirement, she struck out on her own as Nightbrite. She's coming into her own now, and has become rather famous for both her exceptionally potent powers and her exceptionally tight-fitting costume.

Powers/Abilities: Nightbrite can manipulate light in nearly any way imaginable. She can cause bright, blinding flashes, shoot concentrated beams of light hot enough to start fires, and even create 'hard light', allowing her to form weapons of light or create surfaces to walk upon. Like most other supers, she also demonstrates superhuman toughness, enhanced speed, and enhanced strength.

Sexual Preference: Bisexual
Ons: Group Sex, Oral (giving), Facials, Spanking
Offs: Urine, Scat, Bondage, Blood
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

MissFire

+Forgot to mention that this will be OC's only!
    - Sima Yi

MadJackal

Very interesting. I'll make sure to send you a character sheet by tomorrow.

Cold Heritage

Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

MissFire

- Sima Yi

azzmeister89

Sounds like a blast. Will this game be restricted to the Alter Ego only or will there be a thread where the Heroes and Villans can battle it out. Could be interesting if a villan and Hero are constantly trying to kill each other in whatever city they use but in the club are like best friends or even lovers.

Also another quick question. Will they be asked to keep there super ID's secret whilst at the club?

fezesarecool

Shall be sending in my character later today! This sounds very interesting!

Prince Truhan

This might be answered somewhere but I must ask is the use of harmless powers allowed in the club?

MissFire

Quote from: azzmeister89 on July 22, 2014, 05:18:57 AM
Sounds like a blast. Will this game be restricted to the Alter Ego only or will there be a thread where the Heroes and Villans can battle it out. Could be interesting if a villan and Hero are constantly trying to kill each other in whatever city they use but in the club are like best friends or even lovers.

Also another quick question. Will they be asked to keep there super ID's secret whilst at the club?

(1) If you want to have a battle you can, but you'll have to create another thread for it. No fighting in the club or you get zapped by Security and I totes will God Mod the Security team; they WILL de-power, mind-wipe, and kick your butt.

(2) That's totally up to you. It's not required, but it might be a good idea.

Quote from: Prince Truhan on July 22, 2014, 02:14:07 PM
This might be answered somewhere but I must ask is the use of harmless powers allowed in the club?

(3) Yup!
    - Sima Yi

MissFire

- Sima Yi

MissFire

Alter Ego: Non-Sequitur
Sex: Female

Bio: Nora's home life is virtually unknown for the most part. The only records available indicate that she was institutionalized in a mental hospital for one year when she was seventeen, though she was released after proper rehabilitation and treatment. The illness seemed not to stem from her home life as, by most accounts, her parents are completely normal. Some unknown incident seems to have triggered the girl's 'Non-Sequitur' persona. As her name might imply, it's hard to reason why she does what she does, though her crimes are mostly against government and city-owned targets. Because of her target selection she is classified as an Anarchist by city authorities and rebellious youth alike, earning her the ire of the former and a small cult following with the latter.

Powers/Abilities: Scans indicate the presence of the genes that grant super powers, yet the only thing close to a power Nora displays is the ability to know, intuitively, when someone is lying to her. This indicates possibility of Reality Perception as her power; the ability to see the whole truth of anything. Should this be the case, this also means she is immune to mind-control or reality-warping effects. Nora also displays peak human agility, is an exceptional gymnast, hand-to-hand combatant and marksman and has some knowledge of chemistry and explosives.

Sexual Preference: Bisexual
Ons: Group Sex, Oral (giving), Facials, Spanking
Offs: Urine, Scat, Bondage, Blood
    - Sima Yi

MadJackal

Alter Ego: The Commander
Sex:  Female

Bio: Since the day superpowers started appearing, Kelly always felt left behind.
At the age of 19, she joined a Private Military Company based in Europe where she learned how to fight. The PMC only recruited non-superpowered humans, meaning they all felt closer to each other as "mere normal humans". She trained among them, and soon proved she was worth the position of leader.
She designed her unit specifically to counter superheroes and villains alike. With outstanding skill, perfect teamwork and advanced tactics, they were able to overpower some of the most dangerous superpowered beings.
Kelly led on the battlefield, taking immense pleasure in defeating and killing her foes, along with what soon became the number one military unit for special interventions against superhumans. Soon, the Commander revealed a much dangerous side of her personality. She was not only an excellent leader and great fighter, she was also a dangerous psychopath and a sadist, who took a little too much pleasure in what she was doing.
Soon, under her command, acts of cruelty, even monstrosity started to happen. Her men not only defeated their enemies, they also tortured with sadistic glee. Soon the commercial image of the PMC started to shatter, not many people willing to get help from a bunch of war criminals.
Business was bad, and soon, her unit was disbanded, leaving the Commander alone and jobless. She was forced to take every opportunity she could, mostly working as a security agent. One of those jobs changed her way of seeing things.
She was recruited by a gang that contained a few superpowered villains. Although reluctant at first, she accepted to work along them and managed to obtain amazing results, proving that they could be trusted after all. She decided she would put aside the irrational racism that had been fueling her so far, and started working toward her own benefits as a mercenary, for villains or for heroes she didn't really care, though she did have a preference for the dark side.

Powers/Abilities: Flowers, like all her men, has no special power. She fights with impressive skill, armed with a grenade launcher and an electrical rod. She's a cunning tactician, a decent martial artist (though she tends to rely more on brute strength), and has a mind of steel.

Sexual Preference: Bi-curious (mainly lesbian)
Ons:Group sex, spanking, dominating, submitting, rough sex, anal, watersports
Offs:Scat, gore, pregnancy

Chreestafer

Im very interested in this :) I'm getting the urge to play someone with mind abilities.   Telepathy, moving object's. 
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

MadJackal

Azzmeister is right, we're gonna need other threads so that we can arrange battles out of the club.

Prince Truhan

Let me know if he is ok:

Alter Ego: Triplicate

Sex:Male

Bio: Bernard had always been plagued with boundless energy and a voracious mind. He felt stuck doing just one thing at once, even hearing music he wanted to start another track before the current one was done.

He researched how to be in more than one place at once, something that was more than fruitless until he found a legend about a mirror. The mirror was in a museum and according to his research he was supposed to meditate and fast for 3 days to achieve what he wanted.

He thought getting the museum to allow him to remain there for 3 days was tough, only convincing them when it was accepted as a publicity gimmick,  what was really tough was remaining in place for 3 days without moving. His mind kept racing of all the places he could be at the time but he managed to do it. After that his power was instilled in him.

Triplicate focuses on stopping crime that makes him appear on screen, he is not the kindest of heroes and whoever he catches might end up a little more than roughed up (perhaps a side effect of his pent up energy), but he'll always walk the extra mile to try to look good.

Powers/Abilities: Triplicate can create 2 copies of himself, they all share the same mind and abilities but can act independently, the copies appear up to 10 feet away from him.

Besides this powers he has endured martial arts training that focuses on teamwork so he can make the most use of his other powers.

Sexual Preference:Straight

Ons: To be in charge, Angry sex, Rough sex, Group sex

Offs: Permanent injuries and toilet play

MissFire

Quote from: MadJackal on July 24, 2014, 12:10:05 PM
Azzmeister is right, we're gonna need other threads so that we can arrange battles out of the club.

I already OK'd that.
    - Sima Yi

Divine Tenacity

I've been eyeing this for a few days now.

Is there anything else going on beyond Supers meeting up for drinks and dancing at this club, possibly more?
Group Games: 0 (pending) | Solo Games: 2  | Post(s) Owed: 2

Check out my Request Thread!

MissFire

Not that I have planned. I've no objections to anyone creating stories, though, so long as it doesn't disturb the club and the other members.
    - Sima Yi

Divine Tenacity

I... think I am going to pass. It's just way too...broad.

Thanks though, I look forward to your next rp!
Group Games: 0 (pending) | Solo Games: 2  | Post(s) Owed: 2

Check out my Request Thread!

Deathnote

Say, MadJackal, would it be okay if I created a former member of the PMC who used to be under Kelly Flowers' command?  He gain superpowers during a mission due to an accident, leading to him getting kicked out of the PMC and becoming a Superhero.  If you're okay with that, how old would my character have to at least be for that background to work?  In other words, how long ago did Kelly Flowers' unit get disbanded?

MadJackal

It would be my pleasure of course. Well, let's say her unit was disbanded 4 years before the start of the game, and it would've started to go wrong 2 years before that. So, your character would have to be at least 25 years old.

MissFire

I think we have enough people to begin - though recruitment is always open! - so I'll try to create the OOC and IC on Saturday. If not then, I'll get it Sunday for sure.
    - Sima Yi

Primarch

Alter Ego: Warden
Sex: Male

Bio:
What boy doesn't dream of gaining some magical powers that lets him stand out and become something great? The Knight in shining armour to all around him? Adam is the living incarnation of that dream. When he was thirteen years old he went from being a skinny nervous chump to the peak of human evolution. When it first started it was a terrifying and painful process, most kids need to deal with growing pains and they can be bad enough but Adam needed to deal with his entire body mutating radically overnight. He was in such pain that his parents brought him straight to the hospital but when the Doctors attempted to inject him with something to help with the pain the needle broke. As suddenly as the pain had arrived it was gone, not only had it faded but he felt amazing.

His powers took several months to fully come into effect but going from struggling to lift his body weight to lifting just about anything he felt like within a year was still rather overwhelming. One day he could hear a car door being slammed from pretty far down the street and the next day he could hear a spider walking in a house a block away. Suffice to say he required something of a filter to block out the excess. But one thing in his life certainly changed. No More Bullies. As a young teenager that literally meant he would stop the local bullies, something that required a great deal of care actually. It would only take the most brief moment of lapse could have resulted in a horrific injury or death. It was a learning process, a process that always had him veering on the side of caution. Always.

When he got older Adam devised the persona of Warden with his eyes and ears he could hear the beginnings of a crime from miles and miles away, with his speed and flight he could be there in seconds and with his strength and durability he could protect those that could not protect themselves and stop those that tried to inflict their will on the world. From the small time mugger to the asteroid that would wipe all life from the planet there was nothing Warden could not stop. But he also needed about thirty thousand calories a day so whenever he wasn't saving the day he was generally filling his face with food. At least not sleeping provided extra time for catching up on eating.

When Warden found out there was a club where he could eat for free and try hook up with other heroes (*cough* and villains *cough*) he was all over it.

Powers/Abilities: Adam's entire physiology has evolved to run on gamma radiation. This evolution has also resulted in vastly enhanced physical capabilities such as strength, speed, stamina, durability & senses. He can also project optic beams of energy in the form of heat and gamma radiation and achieve self propelled flight. Adam does not need to sleep or breath but he consumes a significantly larger amount of food compared to a standard human, which his body converts into components it can use to create the radiation he runs on. 

Sexual Preference: Straight
Ons: Dominating, oral, group sex, public, light bondage, anal, anonymous
Offs: Gore/Scat

Deathnote

Alter Ego: Black Bullet (or just Bullet)
Sex: Male

Bio: Ken had always wanted to become a superhero ever since they first started appearing.  Unfortunately, as he grew older, he learned to accept that a dream like that would be near impossible for someone like him.  Still wishing to fight on the side of justice, as soon as Ken turned 19, he joined a Private Military Company based in Europe. The PMC only recruited non-superpowered humans, meaning they all felt closer to each other as "mere normal humans".  The unit that he was assigned to was led by a woman named Kelly Flowers (AKA The Commander), who designed her unit specifically to counter superheroes and villains alike.  Ken was excited about the opportunity to learn from the best, having looked up to The Commander since first witnessing her unit in action a few years ago.  Suffice to say, the young soldier had developed quite a crush on the older woman.

Shortly after Ken joined, however, the unit began to show the first signs of starting down a darker path.  Kelly's men performed acts of cruelty... acts of monstrosity against the enemies they defeated.  At first, Ken was feeling uneasy about being among a group of sadistic torturers.  Kelly herself was beginning to show signs of a sadistic psychopath.  Soon, however, the young soldier was swept up along with the rest and he soon found himself joining in on these cruel and horrific war crimes.  He was taught how to perform the art of torture and interrogation during the two years he was with the PMC.  During a mission in a secret laboratory, however, he got into an accident while fighting an enemy in a powered suit.  He was knocked into a bunch of chemicals, then electrocuted with enough electricity to power an entire major city.  He came to a week later and discovered that he had developed Super Speed.  At first, he attempted to hide his powers from the other members of his unit.  He was found out, however, when he used his Super Speed to save a fellow member of his unit.  At first, he believed that he was only going to be kicked out.  He was wrong.  He was captured and accused of being a spy.  For ten days, he would endure the same torture and interrogation that he himself had put many other superpowered humans through.  He suffered under the personal hands of his former leader, Kelly Flowers.

Ken's powers alone would not save him for the PMC had equipment designed specifically for speedsters like himself.  Of course, he did not have his powers alone.  He had his training under the PMC.  He had his knowledge of the equipment they used.  He had his skills and experience from the missions they sent him on.  Within seconds, he had escaped from the PMC and as soon as he was out, he ran.  He ran as far away as he could.  He didn't know where he was going.  He didn't care where he was going.  He just had to go... somewhere.  About a month later, Kelly Flowers' unit would be disbanded.

Wandering about in solitude, Ken became an aimless drifter, moving from one place to the next, all around the globe.  One day, he came across a certain superhero (Nightbrite?), who encouraged him to use his powers for good.  Deciding that he still wanted to fight on the side of justice, Ken became the superhero known as the Black Bullet.

Powers/Abilities: Ken has the ability to move faster than the speed of sound.  His super speed includes the ability to enhance his perception to match his speed, an aura that protects him from friction, and an accelerated healing factor.  He is also incredibly tough, enough to allow him to withstand the forces that come with moving at superhuman speeds.  Recently, Ken has discovered that he could go much much faster than the speed of sound.  The fastest he has ever gone was faster than Mach 10, but even then it is unknown whether or not that is his true top speed.

Ken also went through extensive paramilitary training, having been taught martial arts by The Commander herself.  His training included learning advanced tactics and teamwork, though he is far from being at the top of his class.  Although he prefers to use his fists, he is proficient with firearms, explosives, knives, stun batons, and other military-grade weapons.

Sexual Preference: Heterosexual
Ons: Check my O/O's
Offs: Check my O/O's