News:

Main Menu

Controversy !!!!

Started by Serenity Vixen, December 11, 2007, 08:19:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elvi

She's twelve and yes she is wise beyond her years.
(And she's blushing now because she's reading this with me....*laughs*)

However, I have just been told off because I forgot to mention that the film should have been called "The Northern Lights".
Here that is the title of the first book in the series, though it may not have made any sense because they cut the sad/good ending off, which is where the Northerm lights come in...

Edit:
Have just been told off again, for not mentioning that as she has been doing Fantasy Live Role play since she was 5 and she has read (well listened to on talking books, she's dislexic and they are a tough read), all of the Tolkein books, as well as a lot of other fantasy books, she knows the difference between reality and fiction.
Only people who can't tell the difference would see this or Harry Potter or anything else as an attack on their religion...
It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

Serenity Vixen

Scary...
I read Tolkian when I was 9 or 10, did she beat me?
I have slight dyslexia myself ((Or have a real problem at times focusing anyway. I never had it actually diagnosed, but the words seem to move at times for me))
"I once tried to take over the world, but then I got distracted by something shiny"
"There are 3 kinds of people in the world. Those that are good at math, and those who are not"

Elvi

Ermmmmm......well....*tries to remember*...she had read them before the first film...so I think so yes....*laughs*

Beasty is in the process of being retested at school to see if she can get extra help with her work.
I'm afraid it runs in the family, all of mine have dyslexia apart from my mother. I have it too, though not as bad as my father and two brothers, we girls got off reasonibly lightly.... 

MadPanda

(shakes head sadly)

The controversy, such as it is, exists only because people like Mister Donahue must somehow justify and explain their existence in terms of histrionic opposition to the 'offense of the week'.  Unfortunately for the rest of us, manufactured outrage brings in the ratings...and encourages this sort of temper tantrum from people who ought to know better.

Me, I'm gonna go see it for one reason and one reason alone: armored polar bears!   ;D ;D ;D 
Voluptas ailuri fulgentis decretum est!
Omnis nimis, temperantia ob coenobitae.
(Jes, tiuj frazoj estas malĝustaj. Pandoj fakte ne komprenas la latinan!)

One on Ones Suggestion Box
Group Game Suggestion Box
Pandariffic Ons and Otherwise
In Memory of Bishrook

Serenity Vixen

Yea!!
See what happens when the Coke Mascot gets really really ticked off!!!  :P
"I once tried to take over the world, but then I got distracted by something shiny"
"There are 3 kinds of people in the world. Those that are good at math, and those who are not"

Elvi

Apparently they are fantastic Panda, Beasty says they are really realistic....

MadPanda

Coolness!

Now all I need is that tribe of Zulu Meerkats riding a giant 'croc into battle like Herbert's Fremen on a Worm...
Voluptas ailuri fulgentis decretum est!
Omnis nimis, temperantia ob coenobitae.
(Jes, tiuj frazoj estas malĝustaj. Pandoj fakte ne komprenas la latinan!)

One on Ones Suggestion Box
Group Game Suggestion Box
Pandariffic Ons and Otherwise
In Memory of Bishrook

Elvi

I really hate to say this Panda, but I can see that so clearly in my mind's eye.....

Serenity Vixen

The Polar Bears were indeed very realistic. I was inpressed

But my favorite is the actor... I forget his name, but he was the older Ghost Rider, and he has been  in allot of westerns

Elvi

Sam Elliot.
Made his film debut is Mask, (the Cher one not the other one), he was a real biker, as were most iof the others in 'the gang'.

Serenity Vixen

Yea, that's the one
He just seems like the very idea of a cowboy to me, and I have never disliked him in any movie I have seen him in

Elvi

He's just one of those people who seem to be a 'natural', he'll never be a mega star, but I don't think he'll ever be out of work either...

Zakharra

Quote from: Sherona on December 12, 2007, 09:11:12 AM
Same goes for the inane Passions of Jesus Christ crap. I had no desire to watch it, I find that the whole issue smacked of using one's fame to promote religious views (*cough* Tom Cruise *cough* Scientology *cough*)

Tom Cruise did not do 'The Passion of the Christ'. That was Mel Gibson.

Apple of Eris

Hey Elvi, apparently Sam Elliot made his debut as a bit player in the sixties and then was in the mission impossible tv series and so forth, if Wikipedia is right.

I might have to see if I can rent those, I always liked him.
Men are those creatures with two legs and eight hands.  ~Jayne Mansfield
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, then call whatever you hit the target. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

Elvi

*laughs*
Sorry, Apple...yes he was in Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid as well, which is, I think the first film role he had, before he was in theatre....

Perhaps I should have said a leading film part?

Swedish Steel

Forget all about that, he was in Road House. Nuff said.
"Ah, no, not bukkake chef! Secret ingredient always same."

On Off page:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=5467.0

Serenity Vixen

All I know is he makes a GREAT aging mentor type character, and he is one of my favorite actors :)

Sam

Quote from: Serenity Vixen on December 13, 2007, 07:32:24 PM
But my favorite is the actor... I forget his name, but he was the older Ghost Rider, and he has been  in allot of westerns

Sam Elliott is the shiznit.

Elvi

*looks around*
Errr....hadn't we done that one Sam?
Or did we get stuck in a string thingy and it wiped off the last half a dozen posts in your universe?