Interest Check: Star Wars - A Newb Hope

Started by Uebelator, July 28, 2015, 07:36:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uebelator

In this game, you play average nerdy dudes, who happen to be huge Star Wars fans. (maybe even play yourselves, if you like).
Episode VII is about to come out in few days and youve decided to do an Original-Trilogy-Marathon, starting with Episode IV.

Youve got your Pizza ordered, your coke cooled and maybe even your joints rolled and then - by some unknown means - it happens.

ZAP! A white light flashes from your TV, youre all blinded and when you can see again, you realize, that one of you is standing in some kind of bar, while the rest of you is sitting somewhere in the same place.

Music is playing, its kinda hot in here and some dude just pokes the one leaning at the bar, and soon after his buddy tells you: "He doesnt like you."

Youre in Mos Eisley. And even worse... or cool.. or whatever... You seem to be Luke Skywalker. And Han Solo. And Chewbacca, Obi Wan or C3PO.

You might love the idea of being in that movie, but getting back home again, is something you all wanna do sooner or later. So the only way, to get back home, is to see, that this movie gets to its end.

Everyone in the movie sees you as Han Solo and Chewie, but when you look at yourselves, you just look like you. Wearing costumes.

So reload your blasters, train your lightsaber skills, polish you shiny golden head and try to get the hell home. May the force be with you.

For this game Im just looking for a bunch of people to play those nerds (or themselves) playing the original Star Wars characters.
So who do we have there?
Luke Skywalker
Han Solo
Chewbacca
R2D2
C3PO
Obi Wan Kenobi
Princess Leia - although shell only show up mostly in the second half of the film, but she can have some intersting scenes with
Darth Vader - yes he´s the villain and he hasnt much interaction with the rest of the crew, so its probably better to make him an NPC.

Its gonna be silly, its gonna be ridiculous and its hopefully be a lot of fun. So, if youre interested, drop me a line or two and we´ll see how we can get this started.

Cthonig

This sounds amusing and potentially fun. I like the title - at first I thought it a typo but then I looked and it's really a play on words - cool.

I'm not sure if I'm ready to try online role playing again yet but I have 3 questions.

You list these characters:
Quote from: Uebelator on July 28, 2015, 07:36:50 AM
Luke Skywalker
Han Solo
Chewbacca
R2D2
C3PO
Obi Wan Kenobi
Princess Leia ...
Darth Vader ...

Do the Force users (Luke, Obi Wan, Vader) get to use the Force even though they're really human nerds?

Does Obi Wan dying send him home or really kill him?

How off the rails are you ready for this to go? LOL

Just because we know the movie(s) and thus our "lines" doesn't mean the one playing Obi Wan wants to die or become a Force ghost. And what's to prevent nerd-Vader from stopping the Death Star from blowing up - nerd-Vader might like being the bad guy and decide to alter things. I know - just more reasons for Vader to not be a character for one of us to play. Especially since I can think of 3 simple things to do to save the Death Star without even getting a jump on where the rebels are.

"So, Princess Leia, will you reveal that the rebels are hiding on the forest moon of Endor, or shall I torture you?" Continuing in a whisper, "Bet you wish you chipped in for pizza now, don't you Bob?"

Uebelator

Yes, the force users do get to use the force, but only in more or less the same measure it's depicted in the movies. So, in Episode IV it might be the mind trick, and maybe a little bolt deflection with a lightsaber.

Obi Wan dying will make him a really annoying voice in Luke's head.

How far we'll go off the rails, we'll just have to see in game. It should be the common goal of the PCs to get home, so they should try to do their best to stay on track. But if they dont, we'll just see what happens.

Yes, Darth will probably be an NPC for the reasons you named. He could just have his guys build a door into the ventilation shaft or stuff like that.