Sexy space pirates! [MUL]

Started by Jingo, November 25, 2009, 07:37:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jingo

Interested in some of that intergalactic cosmic space opera action roleplaying you've seen done here but aren't so sure about clunky rules systems or established settings you're not so familiar with? Then this might be the RP for you!

Wanted: One jaunty crew of freewheeling dare-devils and space desperadoes to fly the friendly skies of the outer system, get into all sorts of trouble, and hopefully have a sexy time getting back out of it! Maybe about six of us? Let's keep it even: three guys and three girls.

Exotic: Small Group. Sexual Encounters both vanilla or light bondage, but consensual.

Setting:

Nothing specific, just a standard far-flung future where mankind has advanced to the stars, genetically progressed into a multiple variety of species, has ready access to plenty of technology and most sexual taboos have more or less been formally broken.

Pregnancy isn't a concern unless you want it to be. It's easy to be attractive yet physically unique: catgirls or wolfen or any sort of hybrids are plentiful in the far future, cyborgs or animated holo-tattoos are whatever you want.

However as a space pirate crew we're not necessarily top-of-the-line; you can have cool stuff but something somewhere is probably always breaking down, and a big part of being a space pirate means that you're seeking your fame and fortune and thus haven't found it yet.

It's not an overly violent future, it's an action-packed fun one. The success of space piracy comes from leaving people alive while just hijacking the neat-o stuff, so that they'll keep flying the same routes with more neat-o stuff to hijack. The only people that lose out are the intergalactic insurance companies, and those guys have too much money anyway and are probably run by bozos.

System:

Here's the rub - I'm not a terribly talented or experienced GM. I don't have any sort of overarching plot in mind for this (from what I've seen those are really hard to pull off anyway). So I'm hoping for some fairly free-form, mostly GM-less roleplaying. If I have an adjudicatory role, I'd rather it was more or less in the scene-setting and winding everyone up and letting them take it from there.

In that same vein I'm hoping to encourage people to abide by an honor system where you don't hog the spotlight, don't get off on the idea that your character is better than everyone else, and generally buy into the idea that everyone is already friends or at least comfortable co-workers. Feel free to play up some conflict or sexual tension or whichever but don't be the guy (or girl) who decides they're working at cross-purposes to everyone else.

Intrigued? Hit me with any questions, throw some ideas at me, or pitch a character concept.
Give him/her a name, background, and something that makes them fun and unique!

joker123

Name: James Le Morgan
Hair: Blueish, mid length   Eyes: Blue
Age: 75 (appears mid 20's)   Height: 6'2"    Weight: 185 lbs.
Genetic profile: Enhanced Elf, no abnormalities
Cybernetics: None
Appearance: http://darrkestdrow.deviantart.com/art/Captain-Fauchevont-125527013
Likes: Power, money, woman, adventure, gambling, and  a good time
Dislikes: Government, Large Companies,

Personality: James is a charming ladies man (if you ask him anyway) and is also a cunning, sneaky bastard. The rouge doesn't like direction confrontation, preferring instead to use his sliver tongue to deal with any problems that come up. That is not to say that he can't take care of himself when it comes down to brass tacks, James always caries a pair of las pistols with him.

History: James was born  the son of a nobleman, but found the life boring, so he used his inheritance to get into the pirate game. He tired it solo for a couple of years, but found only limited success. Eventually he joined up with the promising up and coming crew of captain Letarsky. Like the style of the captin and the rest of the crew, he has decided to stay on.

OmegamanX

“But with dogs, we do have “bad dog.” Bad dog exists. “Bad dog! Bad dog! Stole a biscuit, bad dog!” The dog is saying, “Who are you to judge me? You human beings who’ve had genocide, war against people of different creeds, colors, religions, and I stole a biscuit?! Is that a crime? People of the world!”

“Well, if you put it that way, I think you’ve got a point. Have another biscuit, sorry.”
-Eddie Izzard

Wolfy

o-o..I guess I call third Guy? ..I dunno if there are any left. >_<

Hunter

*looks interested*

DeviantMunster

Jingo

To answer general questions, yes, all players are part of the same crew on the same ship, a frigate about the size of a 7-room house attached to a set of hefty spacejet engines.

And to make it worse, I'm claiming one of the "guy" slots (Sorry Wolfy and Hunter). So far then we've got:

• The Captain! - played by me
  • Male crewmember 1 - Joker123
  • Male crewmember 2 - Omegamanx
  • Female crewmember 1 - DeviantMunster
  • Pepper Aldritch - played by Shihong
  • Female crewmember 3 - ??

If someone drops out or whichever people can express interest as backups. Also if one of you guys really wants to play I personally don't have a problem with cross-gender roles.

I'll try to post a character bio of the captain soon, so you guys can crib it for format and general setting info.

DeviantMunster

*pouts!* That's unfortunate. Since they got here before me.

Jingo

Quote from: DeviantMunster on November 25, 2009, 10:51:04 PM
*pouts!* That's unfortunate. Since they got here before me.
If I didn't think it would get crazy, I'd open it up for anyone who wanted to play, I don't mean to be exclusionary. But I'm new at this.  :-[

I did note that I was hoping for 3 girls/3 guys in the OP. Poor Wolfy, I think he realized he was cut-off when he posted, sorry dude.

I guess instead of first-come first-serve I could let everyone post character bios and just pick the ones I think would fit best together, but maybe being meritocratic is even meaner, I don't know...

DeviantMunster

Do what you think is best! And yes, I'd love to see your Captain bio, so I can get started on fishing up a character. *Nods*

OmegamanX

Yeah...anyway heres mine.
Kurt Sparrow
He has messy black hair, a cyber sword on his side and wearing the ships uniform [if any] He comes from earth as some say that he is the living descendant of the legendary captain Jack sparrow. he joined the pirate crew hoping he would exceed his ancestor one day. And what makes him unique? He the decedent of captain jack sparrow, and acts like him to!
“But with dogs, we do have “bad dog.” Bad dog exists. “Bad dog! Bad dog! Stole a biscuit, bad dog!” The dog is saying, “Who are you to judge me? You human beings who’ve had genocide, war against people of different creeds, colors, religions, and I stole a biscuit?! Is that a crime? People of the world!”

“Well, if you put it that way, I think you’ve got a point. Have another biscuit, sorry.”
-Eddie Izzard

Jingo

Okay, let's try something like this.

Captain Timmet Letarsky

Hair: Blueish, mid-length   Eyes: Purple
Genetic profile: Enhanced Human, no abnormalities
Cybernetics: Innocuous interlink to the ship, holographic data readouts on arm.

Tall, intelligent and handsome, Timmet was a naturally talented and wealthy scion of an interplanetary megacorp destined for great executive power. The trouble was, he disliked authority and had little interest in business, especially status gained purely through nepotism. Squandering company time and profits on ridiculous or humorous ventures (A space station staffed entirely by sexbots, a new drink that changed the color of your skin based on the way you said "Awesome!") found him in poor favor with his higher-ups.

After a rather disastrous falling-out at a major shareholder meeting near the Visetrian Construstion Station he squandered his company credit and credentials on access to a class-seven private military frigate that was being laboriously fine-tuned for off-system courier duty and absconded off with it, waving a hearty vulgar insult on the com and a middle finger pointed at the rear screens.

He subsequently painted it red and black (with holo-flames!) and renamed it "The Vicious Rumor" because, well, you never hear it coming. Fortunately he found that his former ego problem was being tempered considerably by the need for talented companions and a good eye for heavy-loaded shipping lanes.

The Ship: (before the paintjob)

Jingo

Quote from: OmegamanX on November 25, 2009, 11:13:37 PM
Yeah...anyway heres mine.
Kurt Sparrow
He has messy black hair, a cyber sword on his side and wearing the ships uniform [if any] He comes from earth as some say that he is the living descendant of the legendary captain Jack sparrow. he joined the pirate crew hoping he would exceed his ancestor one day. And what makes him unique? He the decedent of captain jack sparrow, and acts like him to!
Naah, no ship uniforms, not with this crew.

Can you spice it up a little? What talents does he bring to the ship? What makes him unique? What set him off on the road to space piracy?

DeviantMunster

Oh! I forgot to ask. What sort of things do you expect to be around in this era? Lots of impressive cybernetics? Androids? Psionics? Giant super-enhanced soldiers?

Crovonovin

Hell yes, space piracy!  Just what I've been looking for!

Name: Pepper Aldritch
Profession: Beatin' Things Until There Ain't Nothin' Left To Beat
Sexuality: Anything that can be tied down and made to squeal.
Likes: Power, money, large weapons, small weapons, money, black eyes, broken jaws, fighting, money, explosions, drinking, stealing money, handing out beatings, worthy opponents, foreplay, insults, insulting attempts at foreplay, and money.
Dislikes: Playing by rules, not-drinking, not-fighting, and not-swearing, being poor, being powerless, being hungry, and not being able to hear someone scream out in pain at least once every twenty-four hours.

Personality:  Pepper is the very definition of obscene, in nearly every aspect of her being.  She is a creature that would seem far more at home in the barbaric ages of Earth's distant past, when it was perfectly normal for human beings to regularly beat the ever loving tar out of each other simply because they could.  Along these lines, she is exceedingly quick to spurn technology in favor of the far more primitive, if occasionally effective, method of hitting things until the problems are solved.  It is a testament to her skill that said problems tend to stay solved after she's given them a good throttling, but her total lack of people skills have made her quite a few enemies over the years.  These tend to be the relatives of the "problems" in question, as they are generally in no condition to be seeking revenge of their own accord.

When not beating people for money or sport, she tends to enjoy unwinding in taverns and drinking things of dubious quality that are known for taking the varnish off furniture or eating holes through wooden floors.  She often boasts at having a cast iron stomach and diamond-infused liver, as her level of inebriation never quite seems to get to lethal levels.  Be that as it may, her raucousness when under the influence of alcohol can be nearly as dangerous as her berserker rage, albeit slightly less likely to get anyone killed.  Usually. 

Though she tends to act as a roving mercenary, Pepper is known for joining up on a semi-permanent basis with pirate crews she "deems worthy".  In other words, whomever she believes will get her the most profit in the long run.  Her relationship with captains tends to be somewhat shaky due to dominance issues, but she has never gone so far as to instigate outright mutiny.  Attempting to give her orders is especially tricky, unless worded like "suggestions" of what she should be doing in any situation.  As she seems to have a rather one-track mind when it comes to her job during missions, she is usually free to be let loose and cause mayhem without need for intervention.

In more intimate situations, Pepper is completely adamant in taking charge.  Usually with prodigious amounts of chains.  Strangely enough, she is not in any way the sort to be casual with her flesh; in fact, it is exceedingly rare to see her in anything less than full battle regalia, even when sleeping.

History:  It is widely known that Pepper has been a member of several now defunct military organizations, most of whom perished in bloody civil wars during colonization disputes in decades past.  Her habit of always choosing the losing side is a matter of some debate; some believe her to be a bad omen for anyone choosing to keep her on their side, while others assume (correctly) that she simply predicted which army would fail and decided to enlist just for the sake of challenging herself.  In those days she was far from being just a bloodthirsty, drunken maniac.  Many fellow veterans react with some measure of disbelief upon hearing of her more recent exploits; though she was always known for her brutality, the woman was always considered both a brilliant tactician and even a somewhat inspirational, if terrifying figure.

What happened to change her in such a way is unknown.  It was during this uncertain period that she lost her right eye and began to obsessively wear her armor.  Her story regarding the ocular injury changes with each telling, and it is likely that all of them are outright fabrications to hide some truth unbearable even to her.  Some glimmer of her former life still clings to her and shines through from time to time, but whatever occurred in the interim was enough to send her completely off the deep end.  For what it's worth the pirate life seems to suit her quite well.  In her mind there is no greater thing than personal power, and the freedom that it provides.  She makes it no secret that she believes herself to be completely above the law and its restrictions, claiming: "Ye want to tie me down with yer bloody codes 'n manifestos?  Ye kin choke on yer own bile!  When there comes a day when any among ye kin stand against me, beat me down ta near death, and teach me what fear means, maybe then I'll consider listenin' ta what ye have ta say.  'Till ye git the balls ta do that, I'll be over here fuckin' each 'n every last one of yer mothers, ye great bloody gits!"

Recently she has joined up with a rather different sort of crew, under the promise that she tone down some of her more violent tendencies while on the job.  Thankfully the prizes more than outweigh her need to kill anyone; beating them to a pulp and smashing any non-lucrative technology will simply have to do.

Jingo

Quote from: DeviantMunster on November 26, 2009, 12:08:26 AM
Oh! I forgot to ask. What sort of things do you expect to be around in this era? Lots of impressive cybernetics? Androids? Psionics? Giant super-enhanced soldiers?
Anything you like, yes... I'm leaving the setting "open" for the players to have fun with it. If you think it's awesome and it doesn't totally overshadow what everyone else has put in, please add it in!

Haven't really thought about aliens yet, though. I think for the most part it's a human (or human-based) universe.

Jingo

Pepper is awesome. I hereby deem her the ship's "muscle"!

Other roles that might inspire people (you don't have to use these, just suggestions).

• Ship's engineer, main engine room
  • Data techie and Hacker
  • Light-flyer or Armored flight suit maintenance
  • Ship's cook
  • DJ and party organizer
  • Navigator and statistician
  • Accountant (sexxay!)
  • Pilot
  • communications and sensor array
  • Ship's gunner
  • Fixer / Fence liaison
...and so on.

Yeeeehaw, avast, ye scrubs, there's star systems to plunder!

DeviantMunster

Phew, done! I'm terrible at making bios, so hopefully this'll sort of appease anyone that reads it.

Name: Serafina 'Crimson' Zephyr
Previous Occupation: Assassin, Sister of the Chantry
Appearance:

Genetic Profile: Nascent Psychic
Sexuality: Bisexual
Likes: Fixing, tinkering, guns, chocolate, cute animals, cute things, religion, books, reading, helping others
Dislikes: Death, government, corporations, drugs, excessive violence

Personality: Serafina, a name given to her by the Chantry, is a rather withdrawn individual, simply put. Quiet and subservient, she rarely seems to voice her opinion, at least among the grouping of pirates. Rarely is she outside of her room or the engineering decks, prefering the quiet hum of the engines to human company. In fact, she usually enjoys tinkering on her pet projects than socializing with her allies, making her seem a good deal anti-social.

Serafina is a creature of dueling natures. On one hand, she hates hurting others and exploiting people. She loves helping others and doing what is right, at least in her own mind's view. Yet at the same time she's joined up with a band of pirates, beings that plunder and take from those less fortunate. Furthermore, she's even become the gunner of their powerful ship, in charge of taking out the opposition. But while that may be true, she believes strongly in freedom from those that would force others under their thumb, and while she dislikes fighting in battles, she usually does so out of defense. Almost always will she shoot to wound and disable, rather than outright destroy.

Serafina is religious. Indeed, every since joining the Chantry, she has soaked up that religion like a sponge. She believes strongly in redemption, and seems to quite fervently wish to atone for whatever past sins she's committed. Every day, early in the morning she goes through her ritualistic prayers, and rarely can be made to stop while she's performing them. While she's not adamant about spreading her beliefs to others, she does occasionally mention those beliefs when they're related to a particular actions they're about to commit.

Serafina has a darker nature. Years of being physically and emotionally abused has made her rather broken, though much of her has been "fixed" while under the care of the Chantry. Despite that however, her past still has kept up with her. She was and still is a naturally born killer, and while she rarely shows her more devilish behaviour, it does come out on occassion when she's horribly furious, or she seems some terrible act being committed.

History: Serafina grew up on a populated planet, in one of their hive-like cities. It wasn't a happy childhood, being brought up by poor parents that could barely afford to feed her, as much as they did love her. Friends of hers were either killed or kidnapped every year, and violance was as common as the multitudes of orphans that lined the streets. Yet, still she could find little pieces of happiness in an otherwise bleak world. But it was not to last.

She didn't know why her father told her to get dressed in such a quiet voice, or why there a group of armed men outside their door, but she did as she was told. What she did realize, as money exchanged hands, was that she'd been sold to these men. Later, once they'd taken her away, crying silently as she stared at the smaller and smaller home, she realized her father had needed the money to pay off accumulating debts; she could hardly blame him. Yet she always wondered how her mother had felt about it.

One might suspect that children aren't really of any use to hardened criminals, what with their demand for food and rather weak bodies. Yet if one had the patience to see a child through to adulthood, they could prove to be invaluable tools. The Red Song, a guild of assassins and crooks were known for kidnapping children and indoctrinating them, fashioning them into tools of war. Many died in the process, yet those who survived became living machines of death, and that's exactly what they needed. Crimson, as they eventually named her, became a well known and lethal assassin herself, becoming hopelessly jaded. All she really wanted in return was simply toys, mechanical trinkets she could work on since they seemed to be the only things that gave her a sense of calm amongst all the death.

The Chantry was a religious group, yet also a militaristic one, lead by a group of 'Inquisitors' on one of the "holy" planets they controlled. Yet it wasn't one of those Inquisitors, but a simple Matron, one of the women in charge of a small temple in a quite large city, that affected Crimson's entire life. It was after one of her missions, one that had gone terribly wrong, that their meeting occurred. Still sweating and running through the crowded streets after her killing had been seen by the guards, she had run into the small temple. What occurred there she doesn't usually speak of, though there's usually a fond light in Serafina's life, and she claims the Matron helped her see her past wrongs while offering shelter against those that would take her back.

Years later, after having become a Sister of the Chantry, Serafina eventually joined up as an "Order Warrior", one of the smaller militaristic branches of the Chantry, claiming to be "fighting for peace." Her belief ran strong in the Creator, and she did everything she could to help the Chantry out, at least until the sudden "accident." Even to this day no one really knew what happened, except that that small temple had burst into flames, and no one had survived. Of course, no one seemed to know why the doors had been locked, and they metal twisted in such a fashion to prevent them from being opened.

Serafina simply drifted away from the Chantry after that, angry and confused, though she felt she knew who had caused the burning, though she never spoke of it. One is known is that she eventually joined up with a group of pirates after moving from one senseless job to another, and she hopes that now she might find the answers she had been seeking.

Elven Sex Goddess

If still looking for female crew, will take on a female crew member roll.

Hart

I know that all the male spots have been filled up...

But if anything opens, or something changes that could let in one more, you have a willing Pirate ready for duty Cap'n! ;D

Carlissa

Are there any spots left open? I would really, REALLY, REALLY like to join!

And can I make a suggestion? You shouldn't have limited spots in an rp. Not only is it annoying, but it is VERY unfair to other people who want to join. I can understand that you want to even out the male female ratio, but there are better solutions.
"Damn kids doing work. Back in my day we worked 18 hours a day and still had time for 12 hours of fun before a solid 8 hours of sleep in 24 hours".

Rachubka

OmegamanX

What talents can he bring? Hes and expert pilot and navigater. He is very handy with a sword and is somewhat of a flirt. Instead of a uniform he wears a white shirt with a blood red vest, and black pants with big cyber boots [looks like megaman boots] and an arm cannon on his right hand. [like samus]

-Eddie Izzard

Jingo

Wow! A lot more people want to play this!

I agree with Carlissa, I hate to leave people out. my main concern was being too inexperienced to handle a large group of people, but since I'm trying to eschew GMing for the most part in favor of free-form RPing, maybe that's not really something I should worry about?

So what if instead of a game involving a small crew aboard a fast pirate frigate, what if it was just a larger setting, like some sort of Port Royale-like space station where pirates come and go, join up together for missions, or just trade stories over blue Venusian ale?

What do you guys think? I'll try to spend the weekend putting together a larger playground for people to get engaged by, and then everyone can play. :)

wildstar

I find this idea cool. and if you do expand this I'd be game to join in. the port royal spaace station idea sounds cool.