Data Log: New Terra

Started by LisiusChase, September 26, 2009, 01:33:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LisiusChase

For a while now I’ve wanted to start a group RP. It’s something that I don’t have much experience with and want to expand on more, and what place is more suitable than here at E? Anyway, this will be a Light-Human Small Group story, that is based in a Sci-fi Genre and based off the 1994 Sierra title: Outpost 2: Divided Destiny. It’s a very in-depth game, which had a very well written novella that you had to unlock chapters for that described the happenings of characters.

The story is very dynamic… and so I will give a brief summary.

The Earth is dead.
A large meteorite named Vulcan’s Hammer took the life of our cradle, and cast two hundred remaining colonists into space in search of a new home. Planet after Planet they scoured the galaxy in search of a new resting place, to re-build the human empire and to thrive. Their resources nearly depleted, and their moral at an all time low, they found a marginally suitable planet.

The planet was dubbed: New Terra, and in a state of optimism, the colonist declared their nation is called Eden. After settling the nearly airless, dead surface of this harsh planet, the colonist quickly adapted and began to prosper. However, conflict arose between groups of colonists, and a splinter colony, Plymouth, was formed.

Eden wanted to tame and conquer their new home, and to do so by terraforming using advanced microbiological science. Plymouth wished to live in harmony, and adapt to the planets environment. Learning of Eden’s secret terraforming projects, Plymouth began to protest and the two once slightly diplomatic nations now were on the verge of war. As a result, Plymouth destroyed the last communication link between the colonies, unknowing that it couldn’t be restored, and because of this their worlds were divided.

The story for the game will take place in Eden, not to say Plymouth characters won’t be accepted. It will start off with the colony having a meeting in their largest laboratory because the head of the science division is revealing two brand new technologies to help further their goals. However, something terrible is going to go wrong, resulting in everyone who attends immediate death and those who are left are forced to evacuate and form a temporary colony.

I don’t want to reveal too much information about what will happen, so that way it can be somewhat of a surprise when the initial post launches the game. However it is a problem, I can post that here.

The game will consist of several colonists who escape this event and are forced to go on and make a new colony else ware and figure out what on… New Terra is going on. I will talk about the world they live in more when the actual game is started, the introductory post will most likely set everything up so everyone is on the same level.

Is anyone interested?

LisiusChase

I've found two potential interests in the Game, therefore I started work on getting things set up. We still need a couple more players for this so if you are interested drop a line.

The Game and it's OOC & Information Thread.

Information about joining is on the OOC board as well as a glossary and it will also show the up-to-date happenings of the game to keep everyone on the same page. The Game itself only contains an introductory post to set the scene.

loviatar

I sent you a pm, letting you know that I would be interested in playing.

LisiusChase

The Game has officially started, but still accepting applicants at this time. :) Just a small update, the next update will be when the desired number of players has joined, and then I will close down this bit.