So how about that local sporting team?

Started by BlueOrange, October 28, 2019, 07:26:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueOrange

The objective of this game is to have a conversation about that local sporting team, without revealing which sport they play.

There’s no way they’ll win next week if they keep giving away penalties like that!

TickleTongue

Ice cold in Czechoslovakia, good thing they brought extra wood cuz their on fire. 
Under construction

O/o
Thank you:) Peace out!
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=175092.0

MzNurse

Mz's O.O   Mz's Downtimes   Story Ideas  Open for a few new rps. PM me.

despickable

They have recruited too many tall guys and not enough who can catch

“We have multiplied our possessions but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often. We’ve learned how to make a living but not a life. We’ve added years to life, not life to years.” – George Carlin
Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page
[url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=133839.0]
[/url][/url]Despickable's Ons and Offs

CaptainErotica

Let’s watch that again as he launches that puppy right over the water.

Merry Gentry

HOW could they make that play with only 2 seconds to go!?
“And I’d give up forever to touch you, cause I know that you feel me somehow. You’re the closest to heaven that I’ll ever be and I don’t wanna go home right now.”

BlueOrange

But they’re in serious trouble now, he went too deep, and he’s lost control of the situation.

Merry Gentry

It will be interesting to see if they can dig out of that hole!
“And I’d give up forever to touch you, cause I know that you feel me somehow. You’re the closest to heaven that I’ll ever be and I don’t wanna go home right now.”

BlueOrange

Which puts us in a very interesting position as the players take a break. I think you’d have to agree that it’s the sport itself that is the real winner today.

Merry Gentry

BlueOrange

And if you look at the percentages, you can see that it's the unforced errors that have cost them very badly.  They are going to need to resolve that if they're going to stand a chance.

Na Shagul

Nah, I've seen the way their rear slider weaves through the advancing stompers. Untouchable.

Merry Gentry

They can't stay at this level of play much longer!

BlueOrange

But they've gone on the attack again!  Very sassy play, I have to say.

BlueOrange

Quote from: Na Shagul on July 28, 2021, 06:40:27 PM
Nah, I've seen the way their rear slider weaves through the advancing stompers. Untouchable.

That's not quite how "Local Sporting Team" is played.  The fact that the game involves sliders and stompers means that it's pretty clearly identifiable.

Merry Gentry

Did you SEE that play!?  UnBElievable!

BlueOrange

But no, the referee is unhappy, and it doesn't look like it's going to be allowed.

Merry Gentry

I can't believe the Ref's missed that call!!?

BlueOrange

Let's go to the replay.  It's not entirely clear if his foot touched the line from this angle, but if we look at it from another angle, we might have a better idea of what the ref is talking about.

Merry Gentry

I'm pretty sure the Ref just had his eyes closed or something! There is no way they could have missed that!

BlueOrange

And we can see now that the coach is very unhappy, and I would not be surprised if this goes to the tribunal.  That play was clearly against the spirit of the game, and if it is within the rules, I think we might see a change to the rules sooner than later.

Remiel

Did you see that interview after the game?  Very inspirational, I thought.  Especially that part about "giving 110%, coming together as a team, and doing what needs to be done."

Merry Gentry

Are they sporting the new team colors for this game?

BlueOrange

Those are their ‘away’ colors. Last time I took you to see them, they were playing at home.

Gotta say, I’m excited about the new line up, but do you think their first draft pick was really the right choice?

CaptainErotica

The team is stacked this year but, they have a ton of expiring contracts and not enough cap space to resign them all. It will be interesting to see who gets the huge payday and who gets the pink slip.