A Bard's Tale: Quest for the Shadowgate (Accepting)

Started by Phoenixrisen, November 22, 2011, 10:48:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bubby

All righty. I don't have a post ready or anything, I was just wondering. If he hasn't posted in a couple days I'll go ahead and work on getting one up.

Just didn't want to shove my way in there!  :D

bubby

Sorry for the delay, but I've been sick, and still having to work. So I'm pretty UGH atm. I'll work on a response this weekend.

Aurora Wayland

Fizz

Basic Information:
Please answer as your character unless otherwise indicated.
I am called, Sonea Shoecrafter, although many would argue my true last name.
I am 24
I would identify myself as Human
I earn my keep as an Odd-job scholar at Library of Alexia.
I consider myself to be Female

Appearance:
Others think I look roughly the age I am.
My hair is Red
My eyes are Green
Height and Weight: 5'9" and 120 lbs
If I were describing myself in a story I would say... My build is long and willowy, not the physique of a grand warrior woman of some legend long told.  Skin horrendously pale, as my Mother would love to point out would be to do with spending far too much time indoors. I prefer light, comfortable tunics and dresses, with a good turdy travelling coat. I may be many things, but I am country girl first and recognise the benefits of good quality clothes made to last.

Personality:
I behave as if I am a scholar first and we all must strive to behave as the ancient philosophers of old, which means carrying a certain dignity that many would consider mature.
My favourite things are Books! Is there any treasure in life greater than learning? I think not, and a fool would say otherwise.
The things that I can't stand are Fools and loud mouths, who spend their life trying desperately to find out about the lives of others, only so they can tell others. Anyone questioning my parentage might also find my Stave dangerously close to erupting.
Nothing scares me like ignorance, for not knowing exposes your weakness to others.
When it comes to interacting with others I: usually rabble on about a hundred different things I have read, then realise that I haven't asked about the other person.
I believe that: in life they are many circumstances we must consider and few moral values shall always work at all times. Some call it cold pragmatism, others cowardice. I wish I knew which I thought it was.
Equipment:
Weapons and Armor: Sonea studied battle magics and hence has a wide arsenal of magic to cause harm to others, mostly focusing on fire and earth spells. She carries her a Stave of rowan, which she uses to channel the forces of magic to her enemies.
I never leave home without: My stave, used to channel the forces of magic, would be always at my side. Other than that, a few miscellaneous trinkets from childhood are always closest to my heart.
When it comes to money I'm: horrendously frugal. Living in a farm gives one an appreciation of every copper coin. I always send some home, however, as I know I live a better live thanks to my parents sacrifices.
Other Important Stuff:
When I'm scared I: grationlise every single feeling, noise and sight, and feel the panic rise.
The thing I want most but would never tell anyone about is: to know who my real father is.
I'm lonely when: I do not have my books. Many call it sad, but without the voices of the great authors of old I feel alone in this world.
It hurts when:
The things you need to know about my past are:

Born to a poor rural family in Io, I was quite the scandal when I was born. Toungues in the village where wagging when my mother spent the night with the Earl of the area and a hastily arranged marriage with her beau from the village and I was born six months later. It was not helped by my vivacious red hair, so typical of the local noble family, and a healthy bag of silver sent to my mother, it was taken for a fact that i was a bastard illegitimate.

I displayed magical tendecies around her tenth birthday. The earl agreed to my father's petition for a scholarship to the University in Alexia. During my stay there I honed my skills, becoming proficient in the offensive uses of magic.

However after my training was finished I found it difficult finding a job before managing to find one in the city as a scholar translating texts. Yet this sedentary life holds little attraction to me, I dream of a life of adventure life the great Heroes of old.

I wish to go to the Shadow because: I want an adventure to be quite frank and this tale takes hold of my fancy as much as any other.

I got a small RP Sample about written about Sonea's magic revealing itself because the muse took me:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Sonea exhaled loudly, her breath exploding around her in a misty blast piercing the frosty air. She stood barefoot on the rocky outcrop overlooking the river below. Her skin was raw from the cold, causing her to pull her sacking-cloth cloak tighter towards her, while scrunching her toes away from the frosty rock surface.

She wouldn't be outside at all, if only her mother hadn't shooed her out the house after near driving her mad with questions. You're too clever for your own good, Sonea Shoecrafter, you're so sharp you'll cut yourself her mother always said, but grown ups always said things like that. But it didn't matter, they where old so what did they know? Some where even so old that they couldn't even walk, like Old Mistress Donnia. Sonea would never be old like that, she would simply live for ever and ever like some great Sorceress of old.

Indulging in her fantasy, Sonea picked up a nearby twig and waved it in the air, imagining causing the waters around her to rise up in a magnificent torrents. To anyone else her fragile twig was but that, however to her it was a stave capable of conjuring an army of spirits to descend upon her rival wizard.

Her game of magical mastery led her away into the forest, transformed in the childish lenses of imagination into a twisted and corrupted habitation of an evil witch. lost in her adventure, Sonea did not hear the gentle crack of a paw breaking the twig.

Or the second.

Indeed it was not until the wolf was almost upon her that she saw the beast in the corner of her eye. Letting out a small gasp of fear the earth tilted itself in a dizzying haze, her heart pounding so violently in her chest she didn't know why it didn't break out her chests.

The wolf tensed, ready to pounce. In wild desperation Sonea waved the stick in front of her and at that moment Sonea felt a sudden pulse of energy leave her. Suddenly fiery sparks shout out of her wand like some alchemist's fire-rocket cracking the air and landing right in front of the wolf who instantly rose up on his hind legs in concern. Eye's wide with shock, Sonea repeated the action and let out a crow of delight as another rush of sparks shot out and actually hit the creature.

As the beast howled in pain and ran away, Sonea laughed and clapped her hands. Never done that before, she thought, her face twisting into a wicked grin. Tryvynn, her brother, was going to be so jealous.

Phoenixrisen

Quote from: bubby on December 22, 2011, 04:09:26 PM
Sorry for the delay, but I've been sick, and still having to work. So I'm pretty UGH atm. I'll work on a response this weekend.

Don't worry about it. It's pretty much mid holiday season. Just about everyone is busy these days. When you can get to it is fine. I hope you're feeling better soon, I've got a bit of my own sick going on and it sucks.

Quote from: Aurora Wayland on December 22, 2011, 06:01:38 PM
Still accepting characters?

Yes, I'm still open to accepting a few new characters. If you want to write one up, and post it here, or PM it to me, go ahead, and I'll get back to you via PM when a decision is made. :D
~A full heart has room for all things, an empty heart room for nothing.~
PM's and Discord messages always welcome.
New folks friendly.

Write a love story with me? Updated 3/30
Curious how to fan the flames?
Updated 9/21

Fizz

bubby

Posted. Sorry it took so long, and I know it's small, but at this juncture there's not much to respond to.

Phoenixrisen

You're right, it's wonderful as it is. :) Thank you. I'll poke at Mycroft and see what's up, but we may have to go on without him at least for the time being. I may have a post up tomorrow, but if not, then it'll be some time next week. I'm recovering from a nasty sinus infection, and having it slowed by still having to be at work so I'm just a little blech right now. I don't work tomorrow though so... No promises, but I want to get this moving before it stagnates. :)
New folks friendly.

Updated 9/21

bubby

Ohhhh..get better hun! I myself had a small bit of that sinus thing ( and had to work with it too!), followed by my roommate, and many people I know.

Reia

I was interested in original incarnation of this RP and am interested in taking part of this one. Would it be alright to use the same character I'd thought up of then?
[tr][td]

Updated: 03/24/19
[/td][td]
Updated: 06/24/12
[/td][td]
Updated: 07/20/15
[/td][td]
Posted: 11/24/14
[/td][td]
Updated: 03/04/19
[/td][/tr][/table]

Phoenixrisen

Eeeek! I totally spaced your PM, sorry. Things are beening super crazy for me right now.

It would probably be best if you worked up a new one. Just because there's so much new information presented, and such a different group than we had before. I look forward to seeing what you come up with. :-)
New folks friendly.

Updated 9/21

Reia

Quote from: Phoenixrisen on January 03, 2012, 06:19:02 PM
Eeeek! I totally spaced your PM, sorry. Things are beening super crazy for me right now.

It would probably be best if you worked up a new one. Just because there's so much new information presented, and such a different group than we had before. I look forward to seeing what you come up with. :-)

That's alright! I figured you were probably busy, happens to the best of us. I'll definitely work on creating someone new then - very exciting. :D
[tr][td]

[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Phoenixrisen

Hello everyone, I know I've been a little quite lately. Apologies, my energy so far has been focused on not quitting my job before I find a new one. I'm doing what I can to find that new one, and that's helping with the stress, a lot. I'll be back with you no later than this weekend, even if I have to force post, because you are all being beyond patient with me and I appreciate it greatly.
New folks friendly.

Updated 9/21

bubby

Thanks for the update darlin'. *Hugs tight* Good thoughts out to you, I understand the situation you're in. I'm not going anywhere (like it matters!  ::) )

Reia

Best of luck with the job stuff, I know it can be tough!
[tr][td]

[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]