Why?

Started by Snow Cherry, June 15, 2010, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snow Cherry

lol...Why am I seeing things like this? It must just be me, because obviously other people wouldn't use the 'shadow/font size' tool option if they were having problems with it too.   :P  Ever since I joined Elliquiy it has been like this, so I know it is not a temporary page upload problem.

Vekseid

o_O does control+0 help?

LIAR

I see what you see on my screen.

Snow Cherry

Quote from: Vekseid on June 15, 2010, 05:14:13 PM
o_O does control+0 help?

I do see how control+0 changes the font size/type on the page, but it does not help with what I am seeing. It only makes it worse...cutting off more of the words.

EDIT: Oh wait, my bad... it does help a little. I can see more of the words... but the words are still cut off. If you want I can make pictures of what I am seeing when I hit control+0?

Vekseid

Well, what thread is it? : /

Snow Cherry

Vekseid

Erm no.

Which -exact thread- was that screen shot taken from? : )  Either that, or post screen shots from those same threads.

And what browser and version are you using?

Is this only occurring with text with the glow effect applied?

Oniya

The first one was the one that the screenshot was taken from, at least through the 'character sheet for the slave "Solon Ajax"' line.  For what it's worth, it shows up as normal on my machine.  The second screenshot was from this one.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Snow Cherry

Quote from: Vekseid on June 15, 2010, 07:37:46 PM
Erm no.

Which -exact thread- was that screen shot taken from? : )  Either that, or post screen shots from those same threads.

ack!

Well, this picture was taken from this thread https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=51114.0

and this picture was taken from this thread https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=71441.0

And what browser and version are you using?

Windows Internet Explorer 8

Is this only occurring with text with the glow effect applied?

I thought it was at first, but it seems that it is not. It occurs when the larger font size is applied to text.

Haibane

If it helps Windows XP SP3 and Firefox 3.5.9 (used here) show both those threads correctly with no strangely cut-off text.

Vekseid

I see it : /

It only happens with glow text in IE8

Which is odd since it's supposed to be an IE standard.

Lithos

Working as supposed to on Google Chrome.
There is no innocence, only layers upon layers of guilt
--
Wiki | O&O | A&A | Game Search

Cybrewaste

Quote from: Vekseid on June 15, 2010, 11:10:39 PM
I see it : /

It only happens with glow text in IE8

Which is odd since it's supposed to be an IE standard.

IE and web standards, I had a good laugh at that.

As to add something useful and not just bash IE - It happens in IE8 64bit as well

Need a new RP? Swing by my RP request thread

Check out my Ons and Offs!

Haven't received a reply and you're not sure why? There may be a reason! [Updated - 30/6/15 AEST ]

Posts owed: [6/7]

auroraChloe

Quote from: Cybrewaste on June 21, 2010, 02:27:49 AM
IE and web standards, I had a good laugh at that.

As to add something useful and not just bash IE - It happens in IE8 64bit as well

yeah, i was getting that too.  it doesn't seem to happen on mozilla firefox

a/a 8/21/17