Deviant Software Company

Started by Niki315, December 03, 2009, 09:27:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Niki315

So I have a kind of weird idea for an rp.  We'll see how this goes over.

Basically, there's a very exclusive company that only recruits very specific people to work for them.  Employees must be very open-minded, creative, and fun-loving.  Many people apply, but very few are actually accepted.  The few that are accepted don't really speak much about what goes on inside.

Mostly because the place eschews just about all of the typical business rules to create an environment that lets creativity flow from the nearly limitless freedom.

Basically, the company allows just about anything, up to and including sexual encounters to occur on company time, as long as the whatever task has been laid on the worker gets completed on time.  Workers hook up together frequently to relieve tension and relax their creative circuits.  It has become so commonplace that the company picnic (scheduled typically on the third Wednesday of every month) has pretty much just become an orgy.  Themed days are also common such as Pajama day, Crossover day, Black Light day, and many others. 

So, in essence it's kind of the loosest organization of people ever, all working, but having a good time while at it.  My character would be a newly hired woman who is a a little prudish and shy, but is hired anyhow because she is very open-minded and accepts it anyway.

Every other role in the company is up for grabs ^^

What do you think?

DoctorWhy

It sounds really interesting, and I don't think it's something that's been done before. But I'd like a little more information, maybe on what actually gets done in the company. If there's any particular structure you wanted to have in the story, or if it's really just, well, sexual mayhem. =P
"Wisdom is the conqueror of fortune."

Niki315

It's not really mayhem exactly.  The way I imagine it is that people come into work between 8 and 10 AM.  Some of them get right to work, others might mingle and talk for a bit.  It just wouldn't be unusual to walk past a cubicle and see a pair going at it on your way in.  There would be a typical company structure.  Employees, managers, executives, department heads, whatever.  There would also be the typical departments required for running the business.  Development, Sales, Finances, Customer Service.. whatever.  What makes the company so unique is that there is no dress code (as evidenced by themed days such as Pajama day, where a few people may actually wander the office naked or in nighties), no supervisors standing over your shoulder making sure you're doing your work (as long as you can meet the deadline, they don't care what you spend your time doing), and everyone that is hired on to the company is very accepting of open sexual relations (so the office next door could be having a threesome and an employee wouldn't find it unusual).  So there's structure, like a regular company, just all of the borders are brought down.

Empyrean

Definitely an interesting and original idea. :)

Haibane

*giggles* How much work would actually get done?

Daimon de Broken Hearted

Heart Owned By None, It is a broken shell of what once was. Its Light died.

I have some things going on right now with health, I am sorry replies come slow.
Love is a circle of Trust and Caring, all into both becoming One, in Completion. This is like a Ring, or a Collar.
Daimon's On's & Off's
Daimon's A/A

Niki315

I would imagine enough to stay in business. *shrugs*  Not everyone wants sex all the time.  The idea is that despite the distractions, people will be able to get their work done because they're fulfilled and relaxed instead of nervous or uninspired.  I figure we could just sort of wing it. 

I'm glad that this has so far gotten a lot of interest ^^  Should I just make it an open thread and let people come and go as they please?  Or do you think it would work better if we kept it to a specific number of workers with specific roles?

Haibane

Making it an open game sounds quite fun, it could then be a place for players to join, have a scene and leave (aka go back to their desk) as and when they liked. You'd just need to ensure no-one weird with superpowers or horns randomly walked in.  ;)

This company designs software then, yes? Just so I know so that if my char isn't doing anything much I can put in a post that makes sense. Also - so that the game has some cohesion perhaps all the chars could be people in the same department? Maybe beta testing or programming or 3D graphics or something? Or was that not your intent? Did you want to mix departments?

Would it be okay for an employee to arrive at the office and then just go around in her underwear?

kylie

I love the general idea...  If there must be bureaucracies, then we definitely need more fulfilling job arrangements!

A couple ideas for a character...  If this is for a VR platform, I might like to play a young woman part of whose job is to model positions for motion-capture animations (she might be in quite a few more "static" captures too).  She might be a regular or amateur model, especially if she is part time, but there might be other tasks for her too.

It sounds kind of light on the surface so far...  But...  If someone wants to add some corruption and deception somewhere, then she might also be experimental about bondage and discipline in hopes of getting a better pay scale or some other benefits from the company...

Niki315

Pretty much I envision this rp as mostly being run by the players.  Software is used just about everywhere now, so there's no limit to the amount of applications characters could be working on.  I figure we should at least have everyone be in a place where they can interact.  If that puts everyone in the same department then may as well.  If you can come up with a reason to be from a different department but spending most of your time with the other developers, then go for it.  The VR model sounds like a good idea.  But I kind of pictured it without the need for sexual favors to be exchanged for higher pay or benefits or whatever.  Employees that are hired would be open to the environment and having sex with a boss wouldn't be out of the ordinary.  But then again, if the players decide they want to pressure other characters into acts they normally wouldn't be involved in, I don't see why it couldn't happen.

Anyway, I guess I'll start putting it together.  Do we have any volunteers for executive or manager positions?  Who would like to be a long-term employee and who wants to be a new hire? 

Haibane

That aspect of managers had already struck me... would such characters have any leverage over the ordinary employees? That might give us some chance to add in a bit of interesting play.

I wouldn't mind playing a middle level manager, someone with their own goldfish bowl in one corner, perhaps an assistant head of department. If you want to have the players all in one dept then she could be the second in command.

Empyrean

I wouldn't mind playing some hotshot young developer who just joined the company for all the freedom it provides in development and employee relations. :)

Niki315

Well managers would probably split up and assign workloads among the employees and would typically be responsible for making sure the employees under them are actually doing all right.  Also, they would probably be the ones in charge of determining themed days and stuff.

A big thing though, is that no one would be allowed to tell anybody outside of the company about the goings-on within the company.  If word got out, they'd probably get shut down, so the biggest and most important thing is that this would be a secret thing.  Most of the times, people getting hired aren't aware of the environment they're stepping into, but the hiring managers are very good at picking the kinds of people who would appreciate it. ^.o

Haibane

That makes a lot of sense. It would prevent having people like the character Empyrean just suggested though :(

Niki315

Yeah, I guess.  But if we just switched the cause and the effect, the character could be used with very little change.

Haibane

True. It alters the motivation though which is good I think, as you say it stops the wrong sort of people applying for jobs there, (or rather means the wrong motivations are kept away) and presumably such people would be weeded out at the interviews.

I think though the game could be fun without over-complicating it.

Wolfy

I'd be interested. o3o So..yeah. :D

Empyrean

Oh I could modify my character to suit the secrecy clause. For instance, I could make my character a recent college grad with a lot of ideas and raw talent, but, without the sort of job experience and connections to get noticed by the big companies. Someone who might have been scouted by this company without knowing what goes on there. Just let me know if I need to change it further.

Haibane

Yep, yep, sounds good. How many interested players do you have now, Niki?

Niki315

It looks like 6 people have shown interest so far, 7 if I include myself.  That's definitely enough to get started.  I should have a thread up soon... I'll probably edit it frequently to list out who has what position.

Haibane

If you feel the need to set out a character bio template I'll use that and draw a character up, or if you think that's not necessary, just say so and I'll do my own layout.

Daimon de Broken Hearted

positions, various both job related and fun?

I have some things going on right now with health, I am sorry replies come slow.
Love is a circle of Trust and Caring, all into both becoming One, in Completion. This is like a Ring, or a Collar.
Daimon's On's & Off's
Daimon's A/A

Kiric Rand

sounds intresing.... count me in.
[Floatright]
[/float]
Guardian of Lynnie's heart
-My inbox is sort.of like 7-11. It's not always doing business, but it's always open.-
Flying High or Falling Fast (O/Os)My Ideas! A/A updated 2/11/15

Niki315

Name:
Role:
Sexual preference:
Personality:
Phys. Description:
Years with the Company:

Template optional but recommended.  I'm going to open up the thread tomorrow.

Daimon de Broken Hearted

Name: Azier Evros
Role:  Graphics design, slogans
Sexual preference: Heterosexual, multiple partners at times.
Personality: Cheerful and jokes around.
Phys. Description:

Years with the Company: 2

Daimon's On's & Off's
Daimon's A/A