News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Betrayed...but by who

Started by Lady Jenn, January 05, 2012, 05:42:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Jenn

"Its unlikely to be him," Morrison replied. "Unless he was intentionally missing. If he meant to kill Turk he'd be dead in seconds, he was the best marksman the SEALS had had for years the year he joined. We'll have to ask Turk how he survived, he might be able to shed some light on what happened."

Animegurl5

"I'll let you do all the talking then." Sky fell quiet, replaying the shot over and over again in her mind. She suddered at the thought and looked over at Morrison. "Maybe they didn't want him dead... I don't know, maybe your right. You should talk to Turk and see what happened from his point of view.
For the rest of the month, my schedule will be awkward and unpredictable. Please pardon my absenses and delayed replies.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=131173.0

Lady Jenn

"Only if you want me to go," he said, holding her hand. "I'd rather stay with you in all honesty, we're going to be spending plenty more time with them tomorrow."

He kissed her again, not caring if anyone else saw, but aware the others almost certainly had better things to do with their time at that moment.

Animegurl5

"We could always just ask him tomorrow. I'm way to exhausted to deal with any of that anyway." She managed to get out after regaining some of her breath. It was then that she caught her reflection and really looked at it. She had rings around her eyes from lack of real sleep. Her stomach growled softly, but she ignored it seeing as it was of little importance to her at that moment.
For the rest of the month, my schedule will be awkward and unpredictable. Please pardon my absenses and delayed replies.

Lady Jenn

He led her towards the sleeping quarters, finding an obviously unoccupied room and opening the door for her to go in.

"I'll sleep outside," he said. "Can't imagine anything will happen but I'll be within shouting distance if something does."

Animegurl5

"I'll leave my gun with you... I do not need a repeat of what happened the first time I got here." Sky mumbled through a yawn. "Thanks." She added before dissapearing into the room. She immediately curled up over the coverings and fell asleep, her eyes instantly fluttering with dreams. And out of the corner of one eye, a tear rolled down and dropped to the fabric below.

Lady Jenn

Tal joined Morrison during the night, telling him what he had told Tom and catching up on what he'd missed. Morrison was glad of the company because he felt in danger of falling asleep although eventually he did fall asleep.

Animegurl5

Only a few hours after she had fallen asleep, she had awoken again due to the nightmare she had been enduring. Sliding off the bed, she peeked out the door at the sleeping figure outside of her door. Slipping out quietly she walked down the hall and continued walking. No real destination in mind but walking for the sake of walking. As her feet carried her about, a soft voice rang out about the mostly empty hall. Each word held a comforting note, the tune itself more of a comfort than the actual words of the lulaby.

Lady Jenn

There was a young woman sat in the mess hall peeling potatoes and singing softly, who suddenly noticed Skylar's prescence, jumping with surprise.

"Oh, sorry, I thought I was the only person awake in here," she said, indicating the chair opposite her. "I know, weird to be preparing food at his hour of the night but it gives me something to do with my insomnia. The name's Rochelle, I'm one of Raven Squad. You're...Skylar right?"

Animegurl5

Skylar's song ceased immediately, her head turning to look at the other woman. Sitting down across from her, Sky nodded. "Yeah, that's me. So you are one of the team that got us out of there? Good work to all, I might add. Very efficient."

Lady Jenn

"I'm the only girl in the squad," she said with a laugh. "Petra recommended me personally after a mission I helped her with a few years back. You have to be good to get in Raven, Tom once told me some of the best SEALs would have a hard time joining the unit, so I guess I should have a huge amount of pride they thought I was good enough for them."

Animegurl5

"I had dreams about joining Raven Squad but how things are turning out right now, I highly doubt that I meet the psych requirements. I'm too free spirited, but I guess that's alright. I'll just continue with what I have been doing. I am glad, though, that you have such an amazing opportunity."

Lady Jenn

"As weird as it sounds I'm kinda disappointed we didn't get into a firefight," she said with a slightly embarrassed laugh. "I think I enjoy getting into firefights than a lot of the guys in the unit. In my defense I grew up in a house full of boys."

Animegurl5

"To be honest, I'm kind of disappointed that we didn't even get into a small scrimmage at the least." She laughed aloud, her voice echoing from the walls. "Sometimes I think that my skills aren't being used to their full potential. So how are you with your hand-to-hand combat?"

Lady Jenn

"Black belt in karate," she said. "Only girl in my school who even applied for karate nevermind reached black belt. Rest of it is self-defence classes I took after one of my friends was beaten up by some crazy guy walking through town."

Animegurl5

"Well since neither one of us are up for sleep at the moment, do you want to spar a little? I haven't had a good friendly duel in a while." Sky said, a sly smile creeping along her features. "And you even have an advantage, I've been recently injured so it could get rather interesting." She added, looking hopeful.

Lady Jenn

"Okay, if you're sure, but you should be warned I'm not as defenceless as I look," she said. As she stood up it became clear what Rochelle meant, she was easily at least 6 feet tall and muscled. "Are you still sure you want to fight me? This would be why most guys refuse to fight me."

Animegurl5

"Ha, I can see what you mean. However, I am not as fragile as some may think and have become very adapt to my physical stature." She said, standing up as well. "In my case many refuse to fight me because I don't look strong enough for them. Seems like we have more in common that we originally though." She laughed again then nodded once. "Yeah, I'm sure I still want to fight you. Might be the most interesting thing to happen all night."

Lady Jenn

"I'll try and go easy on you," she said with a smirk, stepping towards her, ducking and aiming an uppercut at her chin, trying to use the minimum amount of force, aware that he could cause serious injury if she connected fuly. Unbenknownst to either Turk was stood in the doorway watching them.

Animegurl5

Following the movements with her eyes, Skylar swiftly dodged the uppercut but only just. It was close enough that she could feel the air rushing up as an after affect. When she dodged the blow she had sent her weight backwards, something that was usually taught against for it put you at a greater risk of being taken down. However this was a style that she had perfected on her own, using this momentum to carry her body backwards. She bent her back and allowed her hands to touch down with the ground at the same time that she pushed off with her feet. It was meant to catch the arm on its return back to the body, but she realized that she might not have been close enough to pull that off. Instead she allowed the momentum to continue as her feet touched down behind her, setting her in a low crouch. With this she pushed off again, keeping low to the gound and throwing a swift punch to the lower parts of the rib cage.

Lady Jenn

She moved as if a blur, catching the punch with one hand, turning her over and landing her on the floor on her back with a deft move.

"Want to try again?" she asked with a smile.

"Petra told me you were good Rochelle," Turk said from his position in the doorway. "I didn't realise you were that good.

"The guy I learnt from was the kind of guy you didn't want to pick a fight with," she said as she offered Skylar a hand. "He taught me that the fact people think taller girls can't move quickly can be used as a weapon when they underestimate you."

Animegurl5

"And you know what my instructor taught me?" Sky offered, taking the extended hand. "The fight ain't over until one calls uncle." She said, using her lower position to yank Rochelle's arm away from her just enough to knock her off balance. Rolling onto her back, Sky used her feet to guide her opponents body over her own. The moment she hit the ground Sky was already flipping herself around without letting go of the arm once. She twisted the wrist into a Z-lock and brought Rochelle up to a sitting position, keeping the one arm captive behind her back. "They can move quite fast if they wanted, but falling makes a loud thunk." She smiled, releasing the lock and moving back a few steps. "Though perhaps you are still more suited to Raven Squad then I."

Lady Jenn

"She's going easy on you aren't you Rochelle?" Turk asked, an eyebrow raised, amused at the confused look on Rochelle's face. "I may never have been a Raven but I do know that you could knock her out in a matter of seconds if you really wanted to, then again since she's a friend I'm not surprised you're holding back."

"I don't think Tom would appreciate me hospitalising one of our own side," Rochelle replied. "You're a good fighter though Skylar, most guys couldn't do that to me."

Animegurl5

"I doubt most guys would have even seen an opening like that." She smirked, rolling her eyes. "And by the way, if I couldn't take a few hits I wouldn't be a soldier. As I told Turk before, my specialty is with movement. It's hard to explain but after atleast a five minute sparring match it might be a little easier to see what I mean." She shrugged, looking at Rochelle rather than at Turk.

Lady Jenn

"Anyway, how's our miracle man?" Rochelle asked Turk. "I was told you were as good as dead when we set off for the safehouse."

"Well, its either blind luck or a lousy shot that saved me," he replied. "An inch to the right I'd have bled to death, an inch to the left and I'd be paralysed from the waist down for life. The one downside to the blind luck is that where it's lodged they can't remove the bullet without causing more damage."