Looking for players (D&D 3.5)

Started by Sabriel, October 31, 2010, 12:30:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grovercjuk

Well if we cannot find one then I am willing to be the storyteller, I think the concept sounds both interesting and fun and would not like to see it fail for lack of a storyteller.

Kate

cool

i find with storytelling that if you feel you should post but don't really have inspiration - to post pics of scenes and they often do it sometimes it writes itself that way

Sabriel

Neat that is very kind of you Grovercjuk  :-)

grovercjuk

Ok so ideas on how we are going to do this. Is the group together at the start or are we going to use Sabriel's character Tonica as a magnet.  Pulling the other characters to her as she attempts to control her new toy and bounces around the city/plane/planet?
Any other ideas are most welcome.

Hunter

That sounds fine to me.  I'll work Gilgamesh up here when I feel unlazy enough.

Kate

its a lot easier sort of knowing each other at the start - introductions / getting to know each other can get out of hand

Sabriel

I would personally rather not see loads of crossbreed/weird races, specially not ones that contain Dragon/Fiend/Celestial etc its  very old and tiresome.

When I said this BTW I did mean it, I will loose complete interest in this if I see anything like this because quite frankly that is the very thing I am looking to escape and avoid.  I have nothing against people playing things like that but I am tired of seeing it in player characters over and over again. 

So can we please keep the crossbreed races at a limit ? Keelan's asked me before and was the first to apply with such a concept so I think she should be the only crossbreed in the group (other than maybe half orcs, Half elves etc).  It think it would be sensible to perhaps limit templates to a minimum of 1 (I.E you can't make something with more than one template) also or just disregard them totally when creating characters, there are plenty of interesting things to play without messing around with templates.

Hunter

That's fine.   Good luck then as I'm out.

grovercjuk

OK, then here is an idea.
                 The name over the door was plain and simple, HARRYS was all it said and the interior was plain and simple. Chairs, tables, a bar, a roaring fire and plain wholesome food along with good ale. But that was the way Harry liked it, plain and simple because his past life had been way too complicated.

Not that Harry talked much about it, did some adventuring was all he would say. But now every adventurer knew that Harrys was the place to go when you wanted peace and quiet, to catch up with friends or to met that mysterious stranger that just might know all about some mother load.

So the characters could know each other from hanging around Harrys?

Sabriel

Can HARRY's be an planer bar floating in some strange planer oblivion that sucks in random people and traps them there until they find some way or medium of escape ?

Ideally HARRY's would be run by a strange enigmatic being who appears much less than it really is,  a strange Gnome or a Kobold or something equally overlooked and underestimated who perhaps keeps an Illithid barmaid. Maybe just the Illithid running the place hehe. Content to run a tavern in the middle of oblivion which sucks in customers from all over the place.

HARRY's could then be where the player characters all meet and perhaps even there base of operations, I mean a planer tavern that's hard to get into or out of is the perfect hideout if you have the means to escape it :P

Maybe the group might even take jobs off HARRY now and then in return for being allowed to come back, he might not like customers leaving it damages profits ::)

grovercjuk

That works for me. maybe HARRYS  just appears, one day you walk down an alley and there is just walls, the next day there is the door with the name over it. Those that are curious enter it but do not leave and the next day all there is in the alley is just the plain old walls?
                             Why he does this moving the tavern through the planes he never answers  and why is it that occasionally people go to the toilet/ bedroom and are never seen again. Just what happens to them? And what does he really think of you having the ability to leave, that he never lets on but oddly enough he seems to hold the tavern in place until you return.

Maybe he likes you , maybe it amuses him, maybe he is like a cat playing with a mouse, who knows what is behind that smile.

Sabriel

Kate

cool.

Then we can start when possible.

All i am a domme in real life and the idea of being a herm is the strongest appeal i have in role plays.
and is the character i would like to play for this one, I know its not everyones taste, but if it is ok say so and I will post a candidate character.

Sabriel

Probably don't need to say this but just to clarify I have no problem with it.

grovercjuk

Sabriel

Sabriel

Should I perhaps change the subject of the post now, if your going to be the ST Grovercjuk ?

grovercjuk

Sabriel

TastyBacon

I am looking to get into a D&D 3.5 game, and I read this thread over a bit, but I'm still a bit confused, what is the setting for the game?  If someone could just clarify that for me I would love to join your group if there's room.

bigwad73

Actually, I'd like a recap of where we ended up, too.  I'm funny that way... ;D
Bad puns!  Horrible jokes!  Odd SF and Fantasy references!  Mastery of useless information!  Expert in old TV shows and movies!  And yes, I'm "mature"!    Ons and Offs   And more    Interests   NEW As and As as of 5/12/16. Look here!!!!

Karasu

Hey wow 3.5!

You got room for another player?
SEEKING Undertale/Deltarune RP, PM to discuss details.

grovercjuk

The basic premises that I think we have come to is this.
         HARRYS is your typical tavern, a bar, table and chairs, roaring fire, bar and a amiable gnome host named Harry. But something is a tad odd, you do not remember the bar being there as if it had always been there. And when you leave you are no longer in the city, country or even plane that you where when you entered.

That if it is you actually do leave, some are selected that they can come and go others go to the toilet, rent a room and just vanish. A group of you has realised that this allows you to adventure in many strange places and possibly obtain wealth.

Of course there are the slight thoughts in your mind like. Just what is HARRYS that it moves around so easily, who or what is Harry himself and of course the big question, just what doe he gain from being your transport? Then again you might not actually want to know.

That is the general framework, but the main thing I believe I am right in saying is that we are looking for players who are into character development. Not so much as in another level another 10 hit points, but one that the character expands, becomes a living person rather than a collection of statistics.

And yes we are still looking for players so if you are interested please drop in a character concept. But please also read the thread as we are not looking for certain types of characters.

Karasu

sounds interesting I'm going to have to actually go borrow my RL GM's 3.5 book. as I've played pathfinder, 2nd ed, 4th ed.. but not 3.5 and im starting to suspect there''s things I need to look up and research.
SEEKING Undertale/Deltarune RP, PM to discuss details.

Kate

ok can the storyteller declare staring gold - level and point us to online resorces that are approved please.