Angels (Closed to new players)

Started by Elias, April 29, 2012, 05:02:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elias

I am hoping to work from the experience of a 5 man squad  4 other players plus myself. It will be the current world, the only thing I care about on your character sheet is your characters job before hand so we know their skills outside combat, and what they have lost thanks to the "Angels" the roleplay will revolve around combat, survival and the search for answers to where these things came from. As well as how this squad interacts.

If interest is shown I will create a character sheet, I also ask that you have a little patience, I have not had the oppurtunity to ST in awhile, and never free-form. I am also learning exactly how best to work within Elliquiy.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
They were so beautiful. You can't understand it truly until you see them. They descended that year 2012 on a day of rain, I recall it being miserable until they arrived and for one glimmering moment we thought the time had come. The world was to be brought into a time of peace... Christ, God, the heavenly chorus they had sent their angels to save us all, at the time I believed it myself, at least in those first moment when they had just arrived; I was conducting business in Washington at the time, when A being of such spectacular presence. 15 feet tall, wings a heavenly glow. Armor and spear that shined brighter than anything that earth could offer an alien face not quite human too perfect and devoid of a sex, devoid of any blemish or imperfection. We were so dark in comparison. They said nothing but arrived on the steps of the places of governance and as if by some divine prophecy armed guards moved aside and the officials stepped forward like lambs before our lion. The president moved to his knees... The world caught him and the Chinese chairman on film they acted in unison it was incredible, we assume Germany, England, France, India, Japan, Israel, Russia and Vatican city all had it happen as well, information collected indicated that much. We are not sure if it happened anywhere else... Information is hard to come by these days.

These beings looked on him, and I recall a smile it was slight I am not even sure if its true or I imagined it but the next part ill never forget. As I watched like the hundreds of others on the grounds outside the White-house. This being rose his hand and the world watched as the president began to bleed from his eyes and ears and still kneeling before this being he died a smile on his face the entire time.

I think the world went silent then, it was only a moment a second, but we took a collective sigh and realized that of course we didn't get to be saved? We never earned salvation. Like I said it lasted only a second. Because following the death of the strongest leaders in the world came screams, the angel turned and looked out and as it rose it's hand we began to die.

The secret service stood there and let themselves be picked off, one after another they just bled and died... But than something broke us free As the tenth man on the lawn died a shot rang out a bullet, I am not even sure if it was by accident or someone just losing it but a bullet slammed into the beings head; well of course those with the ability to think laughed I mean angels don't die I thought it to myself as well but I watched as the being took it between the eyes blood, a silvery fluid flew through the air and the being just fell over dead.

We mere mortals were not granted even a sigh of relief the sky opened up and they came... Thousands, millions, of them and even as they descended we began to drop like flies no bombs no bullets just their eyes and their hands pointed at you and you fell over dead.

I recall how silent their kind of death was, even as we ran screaming and soldiers called out orders they were perfectly silent they landed on buildings and just began killing room by room. Man, woman, child. They wiped it all away with a look. Not even their wings made a noise  even when the first hummer arrived on the scene and a machine gun rattling off at the beings they died in silence their silver blood littered the streets. I remember seeing it after the first wave and thinking how beautiful even their death was. The initial bases and capitals stood no chance After all your machine gun has bullets you need to reload, you need to stop, they dont all it takes is a look. We were swept away in a week and so the invasion began and we did what is in our nature. We fought tooth and nail.

The apocalypse was upon us.

That was three years ago, the population is gone, we think one fifth of us have survived but its been left untouched our world is very much alive the cities seem to house these beings as well as human rebel forces, they have no interest in our food and we move from factory to factory surviving on the scraps of our former empire trying to figure out what these things are and how we can survive.

They come in waves and every time one wave is wiped out to the last being they retreat for a time but inevitably we fear our extinction is inevitable... Still we fight and give as good as we get. What is worse is that we don't only fight them, but the believers those who think we're meant to die and aid the angels in their task. They throw themselves upon the spear of these creatures only after taking as many of us with them as possible, and unlike the angels they're savage and oh so human.

We're becoming animals out here, rape, murder and suicide is rampant every human being left is focused on survival by any means. Still there's armies left thousands of humans who plan to retake that which has been taken we plan to kill, to cover this world in silver or die trying.

Wishfulfiller

Posting to express interest. I hope ladies are allowed in your notion of "5-man squad" ;)

Elias

Yes I want both sexes if that is manageable. (I totally thought this was dead) Thanks for the interest!

DRoux

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Apologies to all whom I play YIM games with, but my account seems to have locked me out. I'll try to fix that as soon as I can.

Elias

Great I guess ill be working on a CS, it should be up tomarrow.

Cami

spooky

Sounds like a very interesting idea, I'm interested.
I have taken The Oath of Drake.

Elias

Great we have our 5 man/woman squad. Here's the rule to this game you cannot play a former military character anyone who was ever part of the military has been recruited by the remains of the government, this is a citizen based force defending whats left of their lives. We are throwing normal people into a horrible situation with what looks like unbeatable foes, and I dont promise a happy ending.

However you are all experienced in the sense you have survived a year on the battlefield. You have shot down enemies you do know whats going on.

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Description/pic:[/b]

[b]Former Occupation:[/b]
[b]Non combat skills:[/b]
[b]after war bio:[/b]

Elias

Name: Sean Doyle

Former Occupation:Custom Mechanic
Non combat skills: Can fix pretty much any form of vehicle, from cars, trains, and planes. He has some street fighting experience as well as a a hobby surrounding fixing nick knacks like old radios and other older machines.

after war bio: For the first three months of combat against the angels Sean was almost unaffected, he had been living with a girlfriend at the time in a small town outside Waldorf in Maryland. Angels moved primarily in cities they seemed uninterested in the small towns and Suburbia and Sean was happy to live and love and die when he had to, he wasn't even completely sure they weren't dealing with angels he was a man of faith he couldn't blame god for what this world had become. This all changed however when one of the earliest "Believer" gangs came to town. Men and women who looked to aid the angels in the extermination of their own people.

3 jeeps tore through town in the middle of the day, some 18 men armed with shotguns and rifles began firing indiscriminately into the town square everyone was screaming and crying when everyone was dead they began moving house to house raping and murdering as they went, the town had formed a militia which Sean had joined but it had not expected an attack from other people.

The forces arrived only to see many loved ones dead or being raped in the cruelest way, one such victim was Seans girlfriend. The militia were able to drive them out, but nothing was the same. Sean left town soon after and has been fighting ever since. Hes known for fixing and attaching weapons to most of the trucks, jeeps and cars that roll through turning everything he can into a weapon.

Recently he lost the remains of his citizen squad and is looking for a new group he has come to the shelter code named "Black Hall" to find a new group.

Cami

Name- Amelia "Lia" Ruddy
Age-23
Gender-Female
Former Occupation- In culinary school, full time student.
Non-Combat Skills- She can make a meal out of almost anything, and she is highly intelligent, she can make a weapon out of anything. She is a natural survivalist.
After War Bio- Living in a large city like New York was scary the first time the "angels" touched the human populace, so she got the hell out of Compton. With  the needed supplies to survive for a good year or so in the wilderness, she took her car and flew out of NY. She had been living alone for a year, honing her skills as a fighter with anything she could get her hands on. At the year mark she decided to team up with a few people, and ended up at a shelter named "Black Hall."

DRoux

Name: Veronica Black

Former Occupation: Medical school student
Non combat skills: Can effectively treat wounds, from scrapes to bullet wounds. She has a very slight modicum of arms training from a hobby of paintball before the angels arrived.

after war bio: When angels descended upon Boston, Veronica fled Harvard Medical to somewhere more remote. She stayed out in a little town in the Massachusetts countryside for several months, treating the occasional injured refugee, when a "Believer Gang" rolled into town, Molotov cocktails in hand. Her makeshift hospital was one of the first buildings to go up in flames. All of her patients died, and she herself narrowly escaped perishing in the flames. Assuming that everyone inside the house had been killed, the gang moved onto another part of town. Veronica stole one of the gang's vehicles when they all hopped out to clear out the rest of the place on foot. She has since moved on to Black Hall, and treats patients there.
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Apologies to all whom I play YIM games with, but my account seems to have locked me out. I'll try to fix that as soon as I can.

spooky

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
(picture's kinda big)

Name: Nicolas Stevens
Former Occupation: Full time student. (Chemistry, and Genetic Engineering)
Non combat skills: Nick has a decent handle on basic first aid. He can get around just about any locked door and barred passage(with the proper mixture of house hold cleaning products), and he plays a mean alto saxophone.
after war bio: Nicolas was wondering around a beach in San Diego, California with some friends from college when the angels came to the world. As the world was frozen and watching their leaders die screaming before silent reapers his eyes were closed and his fingers working music from his instrument. Then the screaming started, and his music was washed away in the panic. Nick himself can only remember putting away his sax and starting the engine to his car, after and after that he couldn't tell you.

Nick spent months slipping from town to town, trembling at the sight of wings, and leaving a blazing ball of whatever he could make explode as he fled the scene. For the most part he only had his saxophone and case, and whatever food he could scrounge before he had to blow his place of residence. It was by chance that he caught wind of a shelter named "black hall", and as much as he knew it was a risk, it was his only shot.
I have taken The Oath of Drake.

Cami

One more guys! ~takes a victory lap~

Wishfulfiller

Name: Zoey Braxton

Former Occupation: Used to work as a news anchor, on a mediocre television channel.
Non combat skills: Zoey knows her way around several roads and places due to the nature of her former job.

After war bio: When the Angels started striking, Zoey was among the first to seek refuge. Caring more about her own flesh than her own job. She managed to get her hands on the keys to a news van and stomped on the gas pedal, cold to the fact that the screams of her deserted colleagues in their final death throes could be heard; Zoey clenched her hand around the glock her husband made her carry in her purse, for self defence; until her knuckles turned white and kept on driving.

Within a week, Zoey had abandoned her fancy civilian clothing for a more survivalistic attire. She didn't want to attract attention to her already familiar face. The news van ended up getting dumped in a ravine and she joined the first group of survivors she found, using her foxy lady methods as well as popularity to get them to trust her. Soon after, Zoey found herself stealing the group's supplies and deserting them, taking as much as she could possibly fit into a hummer and driving off in the cover of the night.

This habit continued and started getting progressively addictive. Zoey started wearing more revealing clothing and playing the part of the defenceless and vulnerable lady so she could repeat this plan of hers. Anyone wise enough would have his doubts about someone so frail could survive in such a harsh world, however every human had his own twisted ways of coping.

Zoey kept moving from state to state to avoid the hostile people she had already used, however she knew that somewhere out there people were on her tail, and she couldn't face them on her own. She had to find someone who was willing to help her, even if she had to use her persuasive methods into making him or her do so.

Present day: Zoey held her breath, mulling over what she was to do. She was out of food, drink and ammunition for her trusty silenced sniper rifle, however she couldn't afford to make any stops. They were gaining up on her; she could feel it in her bones. She chewed on her lower lip as she kept on driving, however not long after the engine of the battered motorcycle she was using died. With a sigh of annoyance she hid her motorcycle in a bush and walked slowly to a decently sized building with a sign saying "Black Hall". She hoped to find assistance or at least someone who could hide her. This is where Zoey's real journey starts.

Elias

IC thread!!!

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=143927.msg6481081#msg6481081

And here is our starter

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Position:[/b]
[b]Weapons on hand:[/b]
[hr]

Elias

Would you guys like an OOC area? Or just wanna keep it here?