Hail to the King, baby. (Duke Nukem Forever)

Started by Wolfy, January 23, 2011, 08:46:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkidu

Quote from: Oniya on February 13, 2011, 12:05:28 PM
Preordering has proved risky where this game is concerned.
Ssh, let him dream, Oniya. Let him dream. :)
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Inkidu on February 13, 2011, 01:04:33 PM
Ssh, let him dream, Oniya. Let him dream. :)

True true.. I don't preorder this again.. once was enough. :D

Inkidu

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on February 14, 2011, 03:12:00 PM
True true.. I don't preorder this again.. once was enough. :D
Plus there's no guarantee that it will be any good. Though, Gearbox might be geniuses on that regard. How many people are going to buy it just because they've waited forever? :)
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Wolfy

Quote from: Inkidu on February 14, 2011, 04:13:41 PM
Plus there's no guarantee that it will be any good. Though, Gearbox might be geniuses on that regard. How many people are going to buy it just because they've waited forever? :)

AHEM:

http://blogs.forbes.com/davidewalt/2011/02/11/duke-nukem-forever-balls-of-steel-edition/

This is enough to get me to pre-order the limited edition...

Sabby

Hehehehe... "Art not final. Contents subject to change" xD

Inkidu

Quote from: Sabby on February 14, 2011, 10:25:31 PM
Red flag, red flag! :D

Wolfy

Quote from: Inkidu on February 15, 2011, 01:33:28 PM
Red flag, red flag! :D

Oh P-shaw, you nay sayers...Duke is finally getting his dues..and we could see a revival of the franchise, as well. :D

Oniya

Quote from: Sabby on February 14, 2011, 10:25:31 PM

Actually, let's look at what the ad says...

Collectible bust of the greatest alien ass-kicker of all-time
Numbered limited edition certificate of authenticity
100 page hardcover book: History, Legacy & Legend: Duke Nukem Forever Art from the Vault
Duke Nukem Forever postcard series
Duke Nukem Forever radioactive emblem sticker
Duke Nukem Forever collectable comic book
Duke Nukem Forever foldable paper craft
Duke Nukem Forever poker chips
Duke Nukem Forever mini-card deck
Duke Nukem Forever radioactive emblem dice

I notice that 'Duke Nukem Forever game disk' isn't mentioned.  XD
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Inkidu

Quote from: Oniya on February 15, 2011, 01:41:26 PM
Actually, let's look at what the ad says...

Collectible bust of the greatest alien ass-kicker of all-time
Numbered limited edition certificate of authenticity
100 page hardcover book: History, Legacy & Legend: Duke Nukem Forever Art from the Vault
Duke Nukem Forever postcard series
Duke Nukem Forever radioactive emblem sticker
Duke Nukem Forever collectable comic book
Duke Nukem Forever foldable paper craft
Duke Nukem Forever poker chips
Duke Nukem Forever mini-card deck
Duke Nukem Forever radioactive emblem dice

I notice that 'Duke Nukem Forever game disk' isn't mentioned.  XD
NOOOOOOOO! :D

Wolfy

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/107789-Duke-Nukem-Forever-Steamworks-and-Sexy-Hats

Hmm..I dunno...I think I want to get my Balls of Steel from Gamestop, so I can get Duke's Big Package too.

Inkidu

Wolfy

Quote from: Inkidu on February 16, 2011, 04:39:40 PM
So many colors of wrong.

What, Inki? You don't want to have Duke's big package in your hands, along with his balls of steel? I mean, come on.

TheGlyphstone

If you preorder it from...Germany...I think, you get Duke Nukem brand condoms.

Oniya

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

TheGlyphstone

Callie Del Noire

consortium11

I think at this stage I'd absolutely love it if the entire thing was a hoax... they got the main gaming magazines/websites in on it and just thought they'd troll the hell out of us.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: consortium11 on March 24, 2011, 03:45:43 PM
I think at this stage I'd absolutely love it if the entire thing was a hoax... they got the main gaming magazines/websites in on it and just thought they'd troll the hell out of us.

I think at this point someone would most likely firebomb their building if they did.

Wolfy

Psh...Duke never comes early, everyone knows that. :p He's too cool to show up on time.

Kunoichi

xD Well, at least they're approaching it with humor.

Inkidu

Wolfy

Quote from: Inkidu on March 24, 2011, 05:47:52 PM
This is how it starts...

You'll see man! You'll see! *puts on 80's shades* Always bet on Duke, man. Always!