Fallout 2D20 (Two Wastelanders seeking Overseer!)

Started by Missy, January 13, 2023, 06:20:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Missy

So I've owned this game for over a year now, but haven't had the opportunity to play on account of lacking people to play with; so I'd like to rectify that. I don't have a great deal of experience with tabletop unfortunately, so I'm hopeful to find someone willing to GM in addition to people willing to play in a party with me. Fallout 2D20 is the official Fallout tabletop roleplaying game published by Modiphius Entertaniment via license from Bethesda, which is pretty exciting.

Also to be perfectly clear: I own a copy of this game and I 100% encourage others to purchase the core rulebook at least.

If you're unsure of the rules or of making an investment into the game Modiphius offers a 100% free Quickstart PDF; you don;t need to purcahse anythign else alongside it and they don't ask for your card information (I checked). Additionally Modiphius' store offers cheaper PDF versions of the Core Rulebook and Starter Set Booklet so there's no need for massive investment if you're unsure, both of these are fairly inexpensive options.

If you're curious but unsure the rules have also been detailed by Three Eyed Townie on Youtube.

Additionally there are some official adventures contained in the current library of publications (CRB, Quickstart PDF), however there are also several homebrew adventures available for play if anyone is interested in GMing, but feels intimidated by creating there own adventure.

Claws of Crimson
Forbidden Depths
A real Pizza Work
Loast Boat, Not Least
Springfield (setting)
Rhode Island (setting)
New York (setting)
Atlanta (setting)
Wild Wasteland (setting)
The Great Dustbowl (setting)

So, any takers on this one???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9Cw1d-kkZg
(no children featured in video, thanks mods)

Rafael

The flag of interest, consider it firmly planted

Missy

that was fast!

I guess that means I'm off to a good start with this!

YAY!

Missy

I'm just putting up a note for anyone who looked over this thread before I found the Quickstart PDF last week, since i hadn't had the link on there initially. I'm trying my best to keep up with the 'substantive' bump rules friends, I hope that's alright.

Fallout 2D20 Free Quickstart Booklet PDF, with adventure and six suggested characters

- and to reiterate they don't ask for your card information for this purchase either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zshYe6Agzk

Missy

So as a heads up I've updated the OP with a list of possible adventures and settigns which interested GM's may consider.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtKXiF6lEKw&t=23s

LewdiKris

Hi!

I'm intrigued.

I'm pretty experienced with TTRPGs in general. I like the Fallout world a lot and i have the rulebook (though I've yet to actually crack it open). Before I dive in too deeply, I guess I just wanted to feel you out as to what kind of game we're looking at.

I'm pretty flexible on kinks, styles, etc. I'd say for content I'd normally aim for a 60/40 story/lewd ratio, though there's wiggle room. I'm a fairly competent writer who aims for between 2-5 paragraphs for a post.

Kinks-wise, I quite like defeat sex, monsters, various levels of consent (if that makes any sense.) and for it to be focused on female characters with males, but again, I'm flexible and willing to talk. Only a couple of hard nos, nothing hugely surprising; kids, gore, toilet stuff.

Let me know if I'm miles off base or if you think we might line up. I'm okay with PMs if you'd rather talk that way. This goes for both wastelanders!

(Quick Edit, I've just done my basic due dilligence and looked at your ons/offs. Seems like this isn't likely to be for you. Hit me up if i'm wrong.)

Missy

Yeah I was really not going for a game centered on sex for this one, thanks for the interest all the same though, you're still welcome to join if we ever find an Overseer though.

CaptainErotica

I’m going over the rule book to see if this is a system I think I could enjoy running. I am mostly a Savage Worlds or Shadowrun GM(D&D as well until 4.0 came out).I’ll let you know sometime this week if I think I can run it. Unless you find a GM before that.

Missy

Great!

Take your time, some of it is a bit different from other systems, so it might feel a bit odd at first.

If you need any help I'll be happy to offer in any way I can, I can also direct you to a couple of Discord communities with some fairly knowledgeable people familiar with the system if you would like.

Rafael

I'm still keeping my eye on this. Wasteland needs to be tamed, after all!

CaptainErotica

Any particular area/location you guys prefer? The book seems to be aimed toward the Commonwealth (Fallout 4), but I think the west coast (Fallout 3/New Vegas) would my preferred area to run it in.

Missy

CaptainErotica

I will create a new recruitment thread for this in the next day or so. If I get at least 4 players I’ll run it.

CaptainErotica

I don’t think I will be able to run this after all. Sorry for wasting your time and getting hopes up. I’d still like to at some point, but have a lot going on right now.

Missy

It's understandable, I've been there many times in my own life.

Thanks for the let know

WookieeChan

Missy

I'm trying to start a Play-by-Post alternative as GM, in case anyone has this thread bookmarked and would be fine with that