The Encroaching Madness - alt historical Earth, Recruitment

Started by TheGrandAdmiral, January 23, 2021, 08:58:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juggtacular

Quote from: TheGrandAdmiral on March 18, 2021, 03:01:48 AM
It is still open :)

As for the Grimm, I am not familiar with them but sounds interesting, feel free to make a CS if you are interested :)

Awesome. And imagine a slight superhuman(a little less than Captain America) who can naturally see through glamours and charms. So if a fairy or elf cast a spell on themselves to look normal, the Grimm would be able to see their true form. They're so strong because not only do they see the true forms of magical beings, but they protect people from them and have to be able to fight off monsters and stuff. It was a pretty neat show.

TheGrandAdmiral

Well, just have to keep in mind other players' characters, not to have too much of an unfair advantage :)

Outcast

Even if it's "just" an ability to see the true nature of things, it could get the character (and thus the group) into all kinds of trouble. ;)
My Ons and Offs  My A/A (updated 10/4/24)

greypsychman

In the TV show, the Grimm being able to see the other's true form mostly occurred when he was looking into their eyes.  Initially Grimms were protectors of humans that killed  any nonhumans without mercy. In the TV show, the character was more selective and only killed those preying on humans. Grimms were skilled fighters.

From the Grimm Wiki: Grimms are a line of guardians known charged with keeping balance between humanity and the Wesen, or mythological creatures of the world (Wesen is the German word for being or creature). Grimms served as the (usually) freelance police of the Wesen world, dispatching those who could not live in peace with humans. As a general rule, it was the responsibility of the Grimms to hunt down "the bad ones," those aggressive and malicious Wesen who preyed on humans or other Wesen. Grimms possess superior fighting skills, good heads for observation, and uncanny instincts for people and their personalities, even besides their ability to sense the supernatural.

If this sounds OK will will start on a character sheet today.

greypsychman

Here is a draft of my character. Let me know what you think.

Name: Erik Brekke
Nationality (Race if a Magical Creature): United States/ Grimm

Sexual Preferences: Hetrosexual

Physical description (picture if applicable): [img height= 300 padding=5]https://thetelevixen.com/wp-content/uploads/6505e397-de8b-47f5-99ec-1df38c6a29cf.jpg[/img]

Height: 6’1
    Weight: 195 lbs
    Skin color: Tan
    Hair color: Brown
    Eye color: Blue

Personality: Erik places honor, duty, and protecting those unable to protect themselves as his code of conduct. Some of his best qualities are his intelligence (especially his memory), his loyalty to friends (he will be there when they call), and his happy go lucky friendly attitude. Probably his worst quality is his self-doubt (always feeling he could have done something better). Erik loves having a good “hearty” meal and also having more than his share of an ale to drink. He enjoys athletic activities, especially team sports like rugby and lacrosse, reading military history, and also reading about myths and legends in his spare time.

Quirks: Erik tends to use the phrase “Don’t you know” when answering questions. For example, if he was asked who George Washington was his reply would be, “Don’t you know he was the first president of the United States.”
    Likes/dislikes: His likes are: Ale, Singing beer drinking songs, Reading mythology and legends, Flying. His dislikes are: Mean spirited people, Bullies, Know-it-alls, and Arrogant people.
    Strengths/weaknesses: His strengths are his combat skills (unarmed, with firearms, and melee weapons), exceptionally good memory,  piloting ability, and ability to maintain a fairly neutral demeanor when conducting investigations. His weaknesses are self-doubt (feel he always could have done a little better), is a soft touch for a sad story or a pretty face.

Weapons: 2 Colt M1911 .45 caliber pistols in shoulder holsters, Ceremonial Cavalry Sabre worn on special occasions. Browning Automatic Rifle (BAR) only when needed, Grimm Book of Knowledge (a book passed down from  one Grimm to another with information about the various creatures called Wesen (Werewolves, Vampires, Fairies, etc. that they search for and sometimes combat).

Short Bio: Believe it or not, Erik’s mother (Karolina Grimm) was German and actually the parent that possessed the Grimm bloodline. She had married Markas Brekke, a Norwegian, and the two emigrated to the United States in 1880. Erik’s mother taught  him about Wesen instead of typical bedtime stories for children. He was encouraged to be athletic because it was obviously necessary for a Grimm. He excelled in the team sports of rugby and lacrosse. Erik’s memory helped him with the Grimm Knowledge and also remembering the drinking song sung after rugby and lacrosse matches. Shortly before WWI Erik had learned to fly and when the war started he volunteered for the Lafayette Escadrille (American volunteers flying the the French Air Force). After the War, Erik went back to the United States and began to work as a policeman. It was during that time period he also began his career as a Grimm.

TheGrandAdmiral

Looks good, will have to include a reason for him being in London :)

Wolfling72

O/O's
Snippets
A/A's
Wolfi Recommends- changes weekly
Keep it vampirated and melanated.

TheGrandAdmiral

Why not join ;)

Also greypsychman your character is approved you may post him in the CS thread

Btw Juggtacular, I hope you are still interested in joining?

Juggtacular

I do still plan on joining. I'm working on an app now.

Wolfling72

dammit Jugg don't do this to meeeee!!

It's bad enough the admiral and the rest of em are...

O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

Wolfling72

O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

Crash

Hmm.  I will read more into this and see if I can come up with something.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Juggtacular

Name: Babakar Olombe
Nationality (Race if a Magical Creature): African/Zoanthrope(Human born with an animal spirit)

Sexual Preferences: Heterosexual

Physical description (picture if applicable): Babakar casts a very long shadow. He's nearly seven feet tall and seems to be built perfectly to suit his height. He is packed with heavy, well defined muscles from a lifetime of hard living and fighting. From his collarbone down to his ankles, with only his face, hands, and feet clear, his skin is covered in what appear to be scars in the shape of scales like the traditional practice of certain African tribes, although his are natural. His teeth are also sharpened to dangerous points like fangs, and his nails are similarly sharp. These are a visual representation of the beast that lives within him.

He has handsome, angular features, pearly white teeth, and sharp, golden eyes. He keeps hair styled in a crown of dreads, with the sides of his head shaved. He would say he looks very good for his age, and considering he is a few hundred years old, that rings true. He tends to wear clothing one would consider simple, although with a flair of finery. Long sleeve shirts with gilded inlay, ornate vests, pants and breeches, etc.... The reason being he likes his clothes to be as large as possible while still fitting his frame so that if he changes unexpectedly, he won't completely destroy what he's wearing.

In his bestial form, he appears as a nine foot tall, humanoid lizard creature that could be considered to resemble a loose cross between a crocodile and a dragon. He has an extended snout, slits for nostrils, small nub-like ears, and rows of razor sharp teeth. He literally ripples as he moves with how much muscle mass is packed onto his gargantuan body which possesses 0% body fat. Like a human, he has four fingers and a thumb, although they are all tipped by razor sharp claws. He stands on digitigrade legs, and his feet more closely resemble talons, with three large claws and a shorter, hooked claw slightly higher up his ankle.  He is covered in gray-black leathery skin with a lighter underbelly, and that skin is covered in pure black scales as hard as armor. His eyes are a reptilian yellow, with a slitted iris that widens or narrows depending on the light and his temperament. Sharp, hard spikes line his back, starting from the base of his skull and going down to the tip of his tail which is roughly six feet long.

Height: 6'8 - 9'0
Weight: 250lbs - 1,000+lbs
Skin color: Caramel Brown - Blueish Gray/Black Scales(white underbelly)
Hair color: Black
Eye color: Golden - Reptilian Yellow

Personality: Babakar presents himself as a smooth talking gentleman with a noticeable, African(Zulu) accent. He is quick witted, constantly with a disarming smile, and is someone who can charm a crowd with a few stories. He has a keen eye for details, and is very perceptive of his surroundings and people in his direct vicinity. He has a dry sense of humor that can often dip into the macabre, with jokes and situations he finds hilarious seeming dark and awkward to others.

He seems to have some form of moral compass, although it tends to ebb and flow depending on his mood, his desperation, and his company. He does not prefer violence, but he can and will employ it as much as needed in the moment and feel no regret. He loves the fairer sex, and finds he enjoys the company of women just as much as men, but for different reasons.

Quirks: He is fond of collecting jewelry, gold, and fineries. He keeps his hands busy like rolling a coin along his fingers, or shuffling cards.

Likes/dislikes:
Like - Meat, Water, Money, Women, A good fight
Dislike - Arid Environments, Dry Places, Overbearing Smells, Bugs

Strengths/weaknesses:
Strengths - Superhuman physical capabilities, Bestial Transformation, Hyper Keen Senses, Experienced in combat and warfare as well as diplomacy, Spirit Magic, He speaks multiple languages after traveling the globe since the early 1600's.
Weaknesses - Sensory Overload, Feeding Frenzy, Being African, Hard to miss
Weapons: A Machete, several knives and daggers of different sizes hidden on his person, Repeater Pistol, Cane(Collapsible Staff), Mosin-Nagant Rifle
Short Bio: Born in ancient Africa, Babakar was the prince of a nameless kingdom deep within the jungles of the Congo. They were a mystical people at one with the spirit of the Earth, and because of this, they were blessed with fantastical abilities. The most powerful of these was the ability to host a spirit within yourself from birth. These people were chosen to be Guardians and were immortal warriors who would keep the people safe from the many monsters of the land, as well as any enemies to the Kingdom. Babakar was the first, and after decades of keeping their borders safe, he was chosen as King.

King Babakar would continue to keep his people, and the many surrounding villages safe for centuries along with his Guardian brethren. It was they who stemmed the tide and helped fight back the colonizers who came to the Dark Continent and tried to spirit their people away into slavery. And while they did take many people as slaves, they would have gotten far more if not for the Guardians. It was during this time that he came into contact with an organization whose job it was to keep what hid in the shadows hidden, and keep the world safe from them as well as themselves.

He mistook their group for slavers, and almost killed the closest one before the man begged for mercy in Swahili. That moment of hesitation turned into a dialogue and after many hours, he had made a deal with them. He and several Guardians would be made members of this organization and used to help protect the world at large, and the organization would offer protection to their people, and free any slaves they could. He has been with the group for a few centuries now, through multiple reimagining's and changing of the guard, although he and a few immortals like him remain.

TheGrandAdmiral

Ooh, great spin on the lycanthropy! Funnily enough I run a similar game on another site and another player made a were-croc  ;D Though I know this is different, but still.

Anyway, approved, please post him in the CS thread, will tag you in the next few days :)

Also let's see if we can make Wolfling join us :P

Wolfling72

Quote from: TheGrandAdmiral on March 22, 2021, 05:02:12 PM
Ooh, great spin on the lycanthropy! Funnily enough I run a similar game on another site and another player made a were-croc  ;D Though I know this is different, but still.

Anyway, approved, please post him in the CS thread, will tag you in the next few days :)

Also let's see if we can make Wolfling join us :P

You hate me, don't you. This is payback for making Helena work out, isn't it??

*whimpers and snatches the CS on the way out*

I have no idea yet...but give me a few days to figure out if something calls to me.

Otherwise I have a voodoo queen...that probably needs me to play her, based on Marie Laveau.

O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

Wolfling72

Quote from: TheGrandAdmiral on March 22, 2021, 05:31:24 PM
;D

Now that would be interesting!

You are a terrible horrible, awful delightful person...

and I am pouting at you.
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

Wolfling72

By the By, don't let anyone take my Tessa Thompson....I need her for this profile thing to actually work.

and after this? No more groups!!
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

Wolfling72

Quote from: TheGrandAdmiral on March 23, 2021, 07:22:28 AM
Ooh Tessa! She is reserved for you ;)

I don't see it...how does magic work? Is it a long drawn out process? Could one decide to be an air bender of sorts and make that work is my query. I ask because you've got two REAL witches, all kinds of people who can kill it with multiple weaponry...and a Papa Croc but you don't have a natural type bender...so could I make an air bender type of character...no friggin' twisters or flying but lots of really little useful things....
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

Wolfling72

Sweet...I'll shove her at you before I go to sleep or you know, place her down gently in here.
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's