Avatar: The Faded History (Small Group)

Started by Lovely Complex, September 26, 2018, 12:59:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lovely Complex

Aᴠᴀᴛᴀʀ: Tʜᴇ Fᴀᴅᴇᴅ Hɪsᴛᴏʀʏ

Centuries | Everybody Wants To Rule The World | Who We Are

The Legend of Hitoshi Jing.

Before Avatar Aang and his successor Korra, there were many more. Recorded history, however, has a trail that fades away whilst tracing back in time. Going backward, before Avatars Roku, Kyoshi, Kuruk, Yangchen, and the unnamed Magma Bender, the Avatar Spirit was within an Earthbending host. This is hundreds of years before Aang triggered the Avatar State that would freeze him in a glacier for Sokka and Katara to find. Hundreds of years before Korra was even conceived.

Let's go back before recorded history in the world of Avatar faded away to the memories of the dead lurking the Spirit World. Dragons have not been hunted to near extinction, and the Air Nomads did not yet fall victim to the wrathful genocide the Fire Nation would inflict hundreds of years later. The world is at peace, or perhaps I have spoken too soon? The previous Avatar has passed away, and the new host has been chosen. Hitoshi Jing, the current Avatar, is the new host. At the time of his birth to twenty years later when our RP will take place, the world has been threatened. An unknown villain has to lead a force assumed to be chi blockers to destroy benders. They have gone to villages and towns to "purify" the gene pools. They, however, leave the leaders alive and, instead, removing their ability to bend. If you've nostalgia for the Legend of Korra, think again. It is said that a powerful chi blocker has mastered an ancient, forgotten art and is out to not destroy only the Avatar Spirit, but the notabilities and councils of the four nations so that the ancient art could again be dominant. And they are training more to fuel this unjust cause.

The Avatar // #808000 // Cliff

Waterbending Master // #0055FF // SpiralSpider

Earthbending Master // #008800 // la dame en noir

Firebending Master // #FF4000 // Primarch

Airbending Master // #FFD78B // Norsegod1839

Weapons Master // #B1B1B1 // Open

Chi Blocker // #CA0000 // Open

The Rules
1. Have fun with creating your characters, with the roleplay and just in general.
2. Respect my rules, the roleplay and everyone else in the thread. Be kind to one another.
3. Be semi-literate and able to post at least a paragraph or two, 5-7 sentences.
4. Fill out all of the desired sections on the character sheet.
5. Please be active and committed to the roleplay. If you want to drop or going to be gone for a while, please let me know.
6. You do not have to use the provided colors but it'd be greatly appreciated.
7. Post your character sheets below on this thread.
I think that's all the rules I have for now. This will be my first time GM'ing a roleplay on here so please bare with me. I have GM'ed this story in the past so just trying to see if I still got it. The roleplay will also go into the Light section.

Character Sheet
[center][color=#hex][size=18pt]Character Name[/size][/color]
[img width=200]anime or drawn illustration[/img][/center]
[b]Name;;[/b] Must be Chinese based
[b]Nickname;;[/b] If any
[b]Age;;[/b] 18-20
[b]Gender;;[/b]
[b]Sexuality;;[/b]
[b]Primary Element;;[/b] Delete if Weapons Master
[b]Secondary Element;;[/b] Delete if Weapons Master // No Bloodbending
[b]Strengths;;[/b] At least three // Besides their bending element, what else are they good at?
[b]Weaknesses;;[/b] At least three // Can also include something they fear
[b]Personality;;[/b] Can be a list of traits or a paragraph
[b]Background;;[/b] At least two paragraphs of your character's background
💋 On's & Off's 💋 F-List 💋

Primarch

If you're taking claims I wouldn't mind going in for the Firebending Master. I'll get a CS up before long.

Lovely Complex

Quote from: Primarch on September 26, 2018, 01:41:17 PM
If you're taking claims I wouldn't mind going in for the Firebending Master. I'll get a CS up before long.
Sure! I'll mark it down for you. :) I thank you for your interest.

SpiralSpider

Hello again White Canary! Fancy seeing you here haha. I love ATLA so much I named my youngest daughter Katara.

I would definitely be interested in this for sure. I don't have a definite character in mind but I do tend to gravitate toward Airbending when I'm able.

I'll ponder over this and get back to you ASAP.
~ My Ons/Offs, Characters and general RP info ~ Where am I?

"If you get hurt, hurt them back. If they kill you... walk it off."

Lovely Complex

Quote from: SpiralSpider on September 26, 2018, 10:51:46 PM
Hello again White Canary! Fancy seeing you here haha. I love ATLA so much I named my youngest daughter Katara.

I would definitely be interested in this for sure. I don't have a definite character in mind but I do tend to gravitate toward Airbending when I'm able.

I'll ponder over this and get back to you ASAP.
lol Katara is such a pretty name though. But yes, fancy seeing you here, as well. lol

All right. Just be sure to let me know, please. :) Thanks for the interest.

Norsegod1839

White Canary I would love to join you and think I would like to claim the Airbender.

Lovely Complex

Quote from: Norsegod1839 on September 27, 2018, 12:53:12 PM
White Canary I would love to join you and think I would like to claim the Airbender.
Why thank you, Norse. :) I'd be happy to have you.

Okay, I shall mark that down for you then.

SpiralSpider

Oh poo... someone took the Airbender... May I claim the Waterbender, then?

Lovely Complex

Quote from: SpiralSpider on September 27, 2018, 08:02:48 PM
Oh poo... someone took the Airbender... May I claim the Waterbender, then?
Ah, I'm sorry about that but yes, I shall mark it down for you now. :)

SpiralSpider

Darn. I'm a dork and I missed your no bloodbending requirement.

How would you feel about a character that bites herself and uses her own blood as a weapon/tool in times where there is no water around?

Lovely Complex

Quote from: SpiralSpider on September 27, 2018, 09:58:10 PM
Darn. I'm a dork and I missed your no bloodbending requirement.

How would you feel about a character that bites herself and uses her own blood as a weapon/tool in times where there is no water around?
Yeah, I see bloodbending as a sort power play so that’s why I did not want to include it.

Hm, I am unsure about that, honestly. I really don’t want anything dealing with blood, sorry. You could have your character carry around a cateen like Katara did though and make her a healer?

la dame en noir

Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Lovely Complex

Lovely Complex

Just checking to make sure you guys are still interested. I can still make this roleplay work if no one claims the other two roles.

I can also go ahead and set up the threads, too. :)

Primarch

I'm interested! I've got a few bits put together for my character, I'm just waiting to see your own CS to give me a better idea of what you're looking for.

Norsegod1839

ready and waiting with me air bender when you are!

Lovely Complex

Sounds good. I'll get my character up tomorrow along with the appropriate threads. :)

Bernardo Hoagie

Hello, could you tell me how the Weapon Master works?

Lovely Complex

Quote from: Bernardo Hoagie on September 29, 2018, 10:51:07 PM
Hello, could you tell me how the Weapon Master works?
Certainly! Well, they are a non-bender, of course, and has exceptional skills in any weaponry(any weaponry from Avatar works) of your choosing.

Bernardo Hoagie

Yeah, I’ll think I’ll go ahead and pick him. I think I’ll have my guy be a master of blades. He’ll wear a coat with about a dozen or so daggers inside, and he’d fight with dual wield swords. His style’s based on confusion, countering poor attacks, and death by a thousand cuts. He’d be the Lord of the Razor Wind!

Lovely Complex

Quote from: Bernardo Hoagie on September 29, 2018, 11:12:37 PM
Yeah, I’ll think I’ll go ahead and pick him. I think I’ll have my guy be a master of blades. He’ll wear a coat with about a dozen or so daggers inside, and he’d fight with dual wield swords. His style’s based on confusion, countering poor attacks, and death by a thousand cuts. He’d be the Lord of the Razor Wind!
Sounds really good and amazing. Honestly, I love bladed weaponry. :D I shall mark it down for you though.

Aethyrium

Is the chi blocker in this meant to be the antagonist, or a chi blocker that is aligned with Team Avatar?

Lovely Complex

Quote from: Aethyrium on September 29, 2018, 11:26:50 PM
Is the chi blocker in this meant to be the antagonist, or a chi blocker that is aligned with Team Avatar?
Aligned with Team Avatar. I figured it'd be good to have one so they can show many chi blocking tricks to the benders and such.

Bernardo Hoagie

Chi blocking techniques can be taught to non-benders, right? Or Is it a genetic trait like your typical bending?

Lovely Complex

Quote from: Bernardo Hoagie on September 29, 2018, 11:34:23 PM
Chi blocking techniques can be taught to non-benders, right? Or Is it a genetic trait like your typical bending?
It can be taught to non-benders. As a matter of fact, chi blockers are non-benders.