A Brave New (Rapacious) World [Pathfinder Homebrew Interest check] (to the 15th)

Started by RobyntheWitch, December 12, 2017, 09:19:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobyntheWitch

The known world has been filled, countries and empires are looking for new places or else war will erupt once more, and a hundred years of peace will shatter. Travel in the sea was blocked in the western direction due to a heavy and unnatural fog that literally cuts the world in half vertically. Anyone who went in, never returned and it was hopeless to try. Even powerful mages tried to break the hold it had, arcane or divine, nothing pierced it, as it was for over a thousand years. Suddenly, when all seemed lost, the strangest thing happened, the fog receded in one spot over a mile wide! An exploratory ship was sent out and came back six month's later with the words "New land!"

As the finders of the path and holding the secret carefully, the Kingdom of Vaelant knew this would be the tipper of it all. The Fog was steadily opening more and it would be a rush to take the land, so they would have to start and have the greatest foot hold. The next set of ships would be that of settlers and victory. Who better than the unwanted in case it failed.

So that is the summary! The premise is a bit more basic but hopefully fun! I am wanting to try my hand at Forum GMing, and I hope to catch your interest! I hope to use the Ultimate Campaign kingdom building slowly from the start in a new world, but little do they know this land is truly messed up from ancient magics! Instead of wanting to kill the adventurers, most things want to rape them! Mind you there will be life and death things from time to time, but a lot of it just wants to breed! So with that in mind, I want to place it that this would be a combination of Pathfinder and Corruption of champions! This will be very open-world ish and I will work with you to make an interesting time. Just know your choices impact more than you expect.

Expectations:
-There will be non-con in it
-Monstrous Creatures will be looking to bang you
-The will be some dark themes and kind of heavy plot

Campaign Outline:
-Exploration of Various environments
-Colony building and expansion
-Intrigue of agenda (Of people and of Kingdoms)
-Meeting the Locals (Finding who is nice and not, and how to deal with them)

Limitations: (Sadly needed a bit)
-Races: Core only
-Classes: Pathfinder Only
-Dieties: The Green, Demons, and the Church of Our Lady (The wide spread biggest Religion is of the Goddess and her three aspects. The Holy Mother, The Lady of Guiding Light, and the Iron Maiden. This allows a good majority of domains to fall under her.)
-Magic: Necromancy and Summoning are taboo, though it doesn't stop people who really want to, just know the church does not like it and may end up having an Inquisitor on you.
-Level 1 with 25 point by, max starting gold for level and max health for starting level. Alignments Non-evil.

Now to see if there is interest enough to make this grow.

kingmaster1

TFcommando

What did you have in mind for alignments?  And starting level?
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in
Canon Character Roleplay and System-based Roleplay

RobyntheWitch

Level 1 with 25 point by, max starting gold for level and max health for starting level. Alignments Non-evil.

PhantomPistoleer

Interested.

Edit:  Can we create male characters?
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

RobyntheWitch

Male/Female it matters not! Males seed it needed for things too!

TFcommando

On the Champions of Corruption aspect, would their be side effects or consequences (or strange transformations) from fucking/being fucked by the local creatures?
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

PhantomPistoleer

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

RobyntheWitch

Quote from: TFcommando on December 12, 2017, 10:56:27 PM
On the Champions of Corruption aspect, would their be side effects or consequences (or strange transformations) from fucking/being fucked by the local creatures?

Impregnated, maybe addicted, and depending on things yes, transformations. Be it the monsters or even food found there.

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on December 12, 2017, 10:59:01 PM
All right.  I will build a human slayer.

Sounds like a plan!

Quote from: Muse on December 12, 2017, 11:01:42 PM
OOh! 

MAy I play please?  :) 
yes you may!

PhantomPistoleer

WIP:

Talion Holt
Human Slayer | 12 HP | AC 19
Character Sheet

Description:

Characteristics:

Brief Background History:
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Arcanist

Choice is but an Illusion. Consequences are however real.

RobyntheWitch

Arcanist

Currently looking at an arcane spellcaster of some description. Not sure about gender of the character yet. More than likely someone naive and sheltered.

Lynx181

I'm quite interested as well...how many characters are we allowed to have? And what party size are you looking for? Cause I may have an idea of having a second character who focuses on scouting out the land more than moving in the big group.

Arcanist

Hi Robyn the Witch,
Will traits be used? If yes, the normal 2 traits?
How about alternative traits/abilities for humans?
Background Skills?
Regards,
Aranist

Revelation

Placing some interest in this - will probably make a male character, what sort of erotica/smut content would be available for them?

RobyntheWitch

Quote from: Kathyan on December 13, 2017, 12:50:17 AM
Not really a big fan of level 1 adventures but you still got my interest Robyn ;)
I hope you stick with us, if not I understand!

Quote from: Lynx181 on December 13, 2017, 01:19:01 AM
I'm quite interested as well...how many characters are we allowed to have? And what party size are you looking for? Cause I may have an idea of having a second character who focuses on scouting out the land more than moving in the big group.
One, but if you take Leadership later, I can see you getting a cohort. It well be an investment to you though! I'm looking at a party of Six total.

Quote from: Arcanist on December 13, 2017, 01:23:48 AM
Hi Robyn the Witch,
Will traits be used? If yes, the normal 2 traits?
How about alternative traits/abilities for humans?
Background Skills?
Regards,
Aranist

Two traits and a third if you take a drawback, and I see no reason to not allow the rest!

Quote from: Changingsaint on December 13, 2017, 01:26:43 AM
Placing some interest in this - will probably make a male character, what sort of erotica/smut content would be available for them?

Great question! I was hoping to ask what males would like! I want to be fair!

Muse

*Grins*  huzzah for background skills! 

Lynx and I are putting together a snugly twins sister paladin and ranger duo.  What are the three godddess's like?  :) 

My girl will be a chesty ginger haired paladin.  She'll be wimsical and sweet, a virgin in need of a bit of coruption.  ;)  A bit of 'coruption' should set her on a path of healthy sexual exploration 'til she becomes a more sexualy rounded adult.  So far she just cuddles inocnetly with her sister.  :)

If you have anything we shuld know about the culture of the nation--including sexual mores of paladins--I'd apreciate knownig about it so I can tweak my charater apropriately. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Zaer Darkwail

There appears healthy amount of interest already :). But I can throw in char concept as well; something dwarven and drunk + some class.

RobyntheWitch

Quote from: Muse on December 13, 2017, 02:56:02 AM
*Grins*  huzzah for background skills! 

Lynx and I are putting together a snugly twins sister paladin and ranger duo.  What are the three godddess's like?  :) 

My girl will be a chesty ginger haired paladin.  She'll be wimsical and sweet, a virgin in need of a bit of coruption.  ;)  A bit of 'coruption' should set her on a path of healthy sexual exploration 'til she becomes a more sexualy rounded adult.  So far she just cuddles inocnetly with her sister.  :)

If you have anything we shuld know about the culture of the nation--including sexual mores of paladins--I'd apreciate knownig about it so I can tweak my charater apropriately.

No vows of chastity unless you do it yourself! They are adults and do as they please there. I'm working the culture of the kingdom not unlike Fereldan from Dragon Age, Celtic Arthurian but egalitarian.

Muse

TFcommando

*pauses to reflect on a good character type*  *Sees the thread overrun* :)  Decisions, decisions.
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

Lynx181

RobyntheWitch

Quote from: TFcommando on December 13, 2017, 03:25:58 AM
*pauses to reflect on a good character type*  *Sees the thread overrun* :)  Decisions, decisions.
I'm half tempted to figure you a way to play that shaman you had a picture of in the pirate game!

Muse

Does dropping an ability score from 10 to 7 grant 4 points?  Or 3? 

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: RobyntheWitch on December 13, 2017, 03:45:46 AM
Thinking about jumping in Zaer?

I think you missed my earlier message :P

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on December 13, 2017, 02:59:47 AM
There appears healthy amount of interest already :). But I can throw in char concept as well; something dwarven and drunk + some class.

RobyntheWitch

RobyntheWitch

Arcanist

Well more or less finished a sorceress who is heavy in illusion, enchantment and transmutation. Just need a little feedback before I put her up.

Hopefully its a small, petite girl with either a big tiger or a bear maybe. Thoughts on an Animal Companion? Don't think a dinosaur will fit my character concept who has the Sylvan Bloodline. So, yes she has a bit of fey in her.

RobyntheWitch

kingmaster1

Oh god, I need to jump on making a character! I was thinking a halfling monk with surprisingly big boobs XD

Kathyan

Mmm... probably bringing a vigilante in since I was left wanting to try one.
I'd look for a picture I like.

Arcanist

Nessa Caine
Class: 1st level Human Sorcerer
Bloodline Sylvan

Ability Scores:
Strength:      10          Dexterity:    14
Constitution: 14          Intelligence: 14
Wisdom:       10          Charisma:    18

Misc. Information:
AC: 12/16 Mage Armor    Touch AC: 12    Flat Footed 10/14 Mage Armor
Hit Points:      8          CMB/CMD:    +0/12
Initiative:      +2         Speed:         30
Attack:          +0 Melee
                    +2 Ranged

Skills:
Acrobatics:          +2      Appraise:      +6      Bluff:                 +4
Climb:                +0      Diplomacy:    +8      Disguise:            +4
Escape Artist:      +2      Fly:              +2      Handle Animal:   +9 (+13 with Flint)
Heal:                  +0      Intimidate:    +4      Know (Arcana):  +6
Know (Nature):   +6      Perception:    +4      Ride:                 +3
Sense Motive:     +0      Spellcraft:      +6      Stealth:             +2
Survival              +1      Swim:           +0

Saving Throws:
Fortitude Save:   +2      Reflex Save:    +2      Will Save:         +2

Sorcerer Bloodline: Sylvan
Level 1: Sylvan, Animal Companion, Animal Companion Link, Share Spells with Companion

Alternative Racial Traits: Fey Magic
Low-Light Vision
Fey Magic in Forrest - 0 level spell: Know Direction, Purify Food and Drink & Stabilize. 1st level: Cure light wounds
Fey Thoughts: Class Skills: Diplomacy & Perception

Feats:
Eschew Materials (Bonus) - Cast spells without needing to utilize minor material components
Boon Companion - Abilities of animal companion calculated 4 levels higher
Spell Focus (Illusion) - +1 DC to Illusion Spells

Traits:
Friend to Animals: +1 bonus to Handle Animal Checks and Ride Checks - Handle Animal is class skill
Focused Mind: +2 Trait Bonus to Concentration Checks
Beastkin - Wolves: Speak with Wolves at Will and +1 Survival

Drawback:
Unlearned: Cannot take unskilled Knowledge Checks even if requirements are DC10 and below.

Spells: 0 level Unlimited, 1st level x4
0 level                   1st level
Acid Splash                      Colour Spray
Detect Magic                    Mage Armor
Oath of Anonymity
Prestidigitation

Description:
Height:  5'2"                     Weight:      100ibs
Hair:      Blond                  Eyes:          Green
Skin:      Fair
Languages Spoken: Common, Druidic & First Speech

Equipment:
Weapons:
Dagger in Boot and on Adventurer's sash
Sickle in Belt
Light Crossbow

Backpack - Adventurer's sash, Bedroll, Flint and Steel, Mess kit, 2 Quiver - 20 bolts
                  Torch x2, Trail Rations x5, Traveler's Outfit & Waterskin.

Adventurer's sash: Dagger, Flask of Acid & Spell Component Pouch

Belt Pouch - 38gp

Flint - Wolf Animal Companion
Ability Scores:
Strength:      13          Dexterity:    15
Constitution: 15          Intelligence: 2
Wisdom:       12          Charisma:    6

Misc. Information:
AC: 14/18 with Mage Armor   Touch AC: 12     Flat Footed AC: 12/16 with Mage Armor
Hit Points:      20         CMB/CMD:    +3/14
Initiative:      +6         Speed:         50
Attack: +2 Melee 1d6+1 plus trip

Feats:
Agile Maneuvers
Trip: Upon Bite
Scent
Low-Light Vision

Skills:
Acrobatics:          +2     
Perception:          +5   
Stealth:              +6
Survival              +1    (+5 using scent to track)
Swim:                 +0

Saving Throws:
Fortitude Save:   +5      Reflex Save:    +5      Will Save:         +1

Tricks:
Attack, Down, Fetch, Heel, Seek, Track and Defend

Background:
She does not remember much of her past. Only that Flint has always been at her side, protecting her and keeping her warm at night. She had always lived with the wolves. They are pack. However, she does remember a lady that comes to her in her dreams, she could never remember her face, but somehow in her heart, she knew the lady would be beautiful and regal. In those dreams, she will dance, play and even have lessons, although she would never really remember those lessons. Living out in the dangerous wilds for most of her childhood, she does not know much of civilization. In fact, she still feels uncomfortable about it to this day.

One day, in the middle of the forest, in a clearing, she spots an old man. Usually, Flint would warn her of these dangerous animals and lead her away. In fact, she had seen a few of them before. They smell, act horribly to one another and kill other animals for sport. This time, however, Flint seems to let his guard down, even wanting to play with the old man. Flint never plays with anyone other than her. The old man smiled at her, “You must be Nessa. I have been asked to teach you”.

Years went by, at first it was difficult. Learning letters and learning how to talk and be civilized. Her mouth made sounds that they normally don’t. Then came the lessons in nature and magic. She loved those. Learning more about nature than she ever did when she was with Flint. But the best thing is she could do magic!

Sometimes she will follow the old man into towns. She never liked those trips, but the old man said that it was part of her education. She was his “granddaughter”. Many people knew the old man and respected him. They also tried to doll her up and dolt on her. Soon, the old man even made her make those trips by herself with Flint shadowing her of course. Soon, she too was well-liked by the townsfolk. Then one day, the old man just disappeared just as he first appeared. However, he did leave her a note and a small pouch of coins.

My dearest Nessa,
It is time for you to explore the world and live your life. I have taught you enough; the rest comes from experience. You have brought joy to my heart but know I must do my Mistress’ bidding. May our paths cross again.
With Love,
Briar Fox

Nessa cried for hours with Flint at her side comforting her. She had grown to love the old man. Picking up her possessions and the pouch of coins, she sets out to learn more of this world.

Arcanist

Well, that is my character. Feedback anyone? Its designed with story in mind.
She is a Fey Foundling. Yet to flesh her out. So any input is would be appreciated.
She depends quite a bit on her animal companion on low levels. Do not want to play a Druid. But I think Nessa would be interesting enough. She will specialize in Transmutation, Enchantment and Illusion.

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Arcanist on December 13, 2017, 10:57:18 AM
She is a Fey Foundling. Yet to flesh her out. So any input is would be appreciated.
She depends quite a bit on her animal companion on low levels. Do not want to play a Druid. But I think Nessa would be interesting enough. She will specialize in Transmutation, Enchantment and Illusion.

I think she's lovely, Arcanist.  I really like your character sheet, too.  I am going to steal it, if you don't mind.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

PhantomPistoleer

Talion Holt
Class: 1st level Human Slayer

Ability Scores:
Strength:      14          Dexterity:    18
Constitution: 14          Intelligence: 14
Wisdom:       12          Charisma:    -8

Misc. Information:
AC:  19 | Touch 14 | Flat-Footed 15
Hit Points:      12          CMB/CMD:    +3/17
Initiative:      +4           Speed:         30
Attack:          +3 Melee
                    +5 Ranged

Longbow (ATK +5, +6 PBS | DAM 1d8 or 1d8+1 PBS | Crit x3 | Range 100 ft. | Ammo 30 arrows & 5 silver arrows)

Cold Iron Greatsword (ATK +3 | DAM 2d6+3 | Crit 19-20/x2 )

Skills:
Acrobatics:          +5      Appraise:      +2      Bluff:                 +3
Climb:                 -1      Craft (Carp.): +3      Disguise:            -1
Escape Artist:      +2      Fly:              +2      Handle Animal:   -1
Heal:                  +1      Intimidate:    +3      Know (Dng):      +6
Know (Geo):       +6      Perception:    +5      Ride:                 +1
Sense Motive:     +5      Stealth:         +5      Survival:            +5
Swim:                +3

Saving Throws:
Fortitude Save:   +4      Reflex Save:    +6      Will Save:         +1

Slayer Special Abilities
Level 1: Studied Target

Racial Traits: Human/b]
Skilled;
Bonus feat;

Feats:
Track - Add 1/2 level to survival checks;
Point Blank Shot - Add +1 to ATK and DAM to ranged attacks within 30 ft;
Precise Shot - Prevents -4 to ATK when enemies and allies occupy adjacent spaces;

Traits:
Anatomist: +1 to confirm critical rolls;
Deadeye Bowman: Denies +4 AC to enemies behind soft cover;
Back for More:  +2 to ATK & DAM vs. enemies who successfully land a critical hit against him.

Drawbacks:
Loner: -1 to ATK and DAM when adjacent to ally, -1 to aid ally.

Description:
Height:  6'1                     Weight:      180 lbs
Hair:      White                  Eyes:          Blue
Languages Spoken: Common, Dwarven, Elven

Equipment:
Traveler's Outfit;
Armor (chain shirt & buckler)
Kit (Backpack, containing:  belt-Pouch, blanket, 50 ft. hemp rope, soap, 10x torches, 5x trail rations, and a waterskin)

Background:

Talion Holt's childhood was not controversial or extraordinary.  It is known that his father was a barrister for the Baron of Bellek, and that Holt spent some time during his adolescence serving as that Lord's squire.  On the cusp of adulthood, he was levied to the Vaelentian military and served as an aide de camp for High Lord General Cutter Seward.  Citing boredom, Holt volunteered to join a scouting sortie in an adjacent kingdom, but the party was captured by enemy forces two weeks into their mission.  The men were interrogated and tortured, and ultimately forced to kill each other for a nobleman's amusement. 

Holt somehow managed to survive the ordeal and returned to the Kingdom of Vaelent when hostilities ended between the two nations.  He served as a city guard in Evergreen for a year, but he was dismissed from his post after he was accused of raping numerous women and several men.  He avoided prison by becoming a contracted bounty hunter, taking on deadly jobs in the forests surrounding Evergreen hunting down criminals and monsters.  Out in the middle of nowhere, Holt could do whatever he wanted with his prey.

He was arrested for murdering Lady Constansa Lewynn, an enigmatic woman close to the crown, and sentenced to death for his failure to bring her back alive according to a Royal Decree.  Prior to his execution, he was offered exile in exchange for his life, provided he help settle a place beyond the known world.  Thinking the unknown better than a noose, Holt jumped at the opportunity.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Snake

I'm interested. I'll have something cooked up soon enough. :p

Hexed

Slayers and sorceress and quills oh my.  Missing a healer though?   Think a shaman, witch or oracle perhaps?

RobyntheWitch

Quote from: kingmaster1 on December 13, 2017, 08:12:56 AM
Oh god, I need to jump on making a character! I was thinking a halfling monk with surprisingly big boobs XD

Best hop hop hop shortstack!

Quote from: Kathyan on December 13, 2017, 09:32:06 AM
Mmm... probably bringing a vigilante in since I was left wanting to try one.
I'd look for a picture I like.

I remember you really wanted to try it!

Quote from: Arcanist on December 13, 2017, 10:57:18 AM

Nessa looks amazing! Is there any more questions you have so I can help you flesh her?

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on December 13, 2017, 12:17:55 PM
I think she's lovely, Arcanist.  I really like your character sheet, too.  I am going to steal it, if you don't mind.

And you did, and he looks great! Though I am curious, shadow of Mordor for the name?

Quote from: Snake on December 13, 2017, 01:15:49 PM
I'm interested. I'll have something cooked up soon enough. :p
please do!

Quote from: Hexed on December 13, 2017, 02:11:22 PM
Slayers and sorceress and quills oh my.  Missing a healer though?   Think a shaman, witch or oracle perhaps?

oracle and witch easily, though I might work the shaman if you are a 'Northern Barbarian' the Kingdom deals with.

Ixy

Maryd Kitesbeck, CN Human Alchemist
An eccentric, dangerously curious, and caustically sarcastic girl, Maryd is a well-schooled daughter of a wealthy family.  She was expelled from her academy life after a concerted effort to violate every safety and behavioral guideline written and assumed in the history of the establishment.  After finally admitting that she would be a disastrous emissary, showed no innate talent for the arcane, and would do more harm than good in any respectable alchemist's established course of study, she was finally set loose to sow her special breed of trouble upon the monsters and villains of the world as a freelance adventurer.

(Questions... Are 3 traits ok with a drawback? Are background skills used?  And I intended for CN alignment, and will correct later)

RobyntheWitch

Quote from: Ixy on December 13, 2017, 03:16:08 PM

An eccentric, dangerously curious, and caustically sarcastic girl I Maryd is a well-schooled daughter of a wealthy family who was expelled from her academy life after a concerted effort to violate every safety and behavioral guideline written and assumed in the history of the establishment.  After finally admitting that she would be a disastrous emissary, showed no innate talent for the arcane, and would do more harm than good in any respectable alchemist's established course of study, she was finally set loose to sow her special breed of trouble upon the monsters and villains of the world as a freelance adventurer.

(Questions... Are 3 traits ok with a drawback? Are background skills used?  And I intended for CN alignment, and will correct later)

3 with a drawback and backgrounds just fine! CN is clear to use!

She looks fun!

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: RobyntheWitch on December 13, 2017, 03:15:07 PM
And you did, and he looks great! Though I am curious, shadow of Mordor for the name?

No, I got the name from a guy who used to play with me online a long time ago.  His name was Prince Talion from the Lion's Tooth Islands.  Maybe he got it from LOTR?

As an aside, how acceptable is non-consent in this world?  Can a guy go to town on a bar wench while everyone watches?  o_o
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

RobyntheWitch

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on December 13, 2017, 03:55:03 PM
No, I got the name from a guy who used to play with me online a long time ago.  His name was Prince Talion from the Lion's Tooth Islands.  Maybe he got it from LOTR?

As an aside, how acceptable is non-consent in this world?  Can a guy go to town on a bar wench while everyone watches?  o_o

In the old kingdom, not very or at all, in this new land that has not been build, there are no rules are laws yet laid out. To get things started, you must survive. Survival usually means the strongest, thus they hold the power. So If someone wanted to go rape the only bar wench the colony has while they watch, if he is strong, they aren't stopping him unless they are stronger than him.

You guys are on your own for most of the start as you build your colony. If that's what you are wanting to do? Well, good luck.

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: RobyntheWitch on December 13, 2017, 04:05:40 PM
In the old kingdom, not very or at all, in this new land that has not been build, there are no rules are laws yet laid out. To get things started, you must survive. Survival usually means the strongest, thus they hold the power. So If someone wanted to go rape the only bar wench the colony has while they watch, if he is strong, they aren't stopping him unless they are stronger than him.

You guys are on your own for most of the start as you build your colony. If that's what you are wanting to do? Well, good luck.

Good thing I put a handy dose in survival!

Could you elaborate a little on the colony, though?  What will the party have at its disposal at the beginning of the game?
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Lynx181

It sounds like we are nearly at full capacity party wise...this may be fun for a long term game.

Chulanowa

I wouldn't mind getting in there myself, soon as I come up with a solid idea  ;D

Bah, core races. -Mutter, grumble-

RobyntheWitch

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on December 13, 2017, 04:12:12 PM
Good thing I put a handy dose in survival!

Could you elaborate a little on the colony, though?  What will the party have at its disposal at the beginning of the game?

I actually can't elaborate too much as its a surprise, but I will say that it is not as... ready for you as you think it is in the beginning. You will need to make it so.

Quote from: Lynx181 on December 13, 2017, 04:13:49 PM
It sounds like we are nearly at full capacity party wise...this may be fun for a long term game.

That is what I am hoping for!

RobyntheWitch

Quote from: Muse on December 13, 2017, 03:21:26 AM
Kayla Quills

I just read deeper into the character sheet, looks almost finished. I love the 'Chesty' drawback there.

Re Z L

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I'll have to see what I can piece together. ;D
A&A

kingmaster1

Genevieve Shrike

Class: 1st level Halfling monk

Ability Scores:
Strength:      10          Dexterity:    18
Constitution: 13          Intelligence: 11
Wisdom:       14          Charisma:    12

Misc. Information:
AC:  14 | Initiative 4 | 10 feet speed
Hit Points:      9          CMB/CMD:   
Initiative:      4           Speed:         10
Attack: Unarmed +6
           Quarterstaff +2

Ornate quarterstaff (ATK +2 | DAM 1d6+2)

Skills:
Acrobatics:          +6      Appraise:            Bluff:        1         
Climb:                         Craft (Carp.):       Disguise:           
Escape Artist:   4         Fly:                    Handle Animal:   2
Heal:                        Intimidate: 1         Know (Dng):    2 
Know (Geo):             Perception:    2      Ride:                 
Sense Motive:   2        Stealth:      6         Survival:           
Swim:               

Saving Throws:
+6 dexterity  +4 wisdom +1 Charisma

Traits:
Stubborn
lust
drunk
laid back

Drawbacks:
Overly large breasts reducing speed
Doesn't care about coin
Often drunk

Description:
Height:  4'0"                     Weight:      80 lbs
Hair:      Black                  Eyes:          Blue
Skin:      Pale
Languages Spoken: Common, Halfling

Equipment:
Traveler's outfits
Cook's utensils
Ornate quarterstaff

Backstory:
Genevieve Shrike, if all had gone well, would've been the heiress to quite a lofty sum of money and been raised as a pampered, rich halfling woman just like many others. However, life prefers to be quite cruel in its own way. Only days after her birth the young girl was left at the steps of a monastery by parents she'd never gotten the chance to know. There she was immediately taken in by the kind monks and their master, Lord Wushan. The only indication of her identity was a small note on her basket reading "Genevieve Shrike".

She would grow up under the illustrious tutelage of the old master, his skilled mind imparting unto her all the knowledge he could. As the years went by Jenny never truly questioned her own origins, perfectly content to live her days as a devote monk, tending to the garden, feeding the koi fish, and training in the vast martial arts that they could show her. Due to her rigorous training she was a promising student at an incredibly young age.

A life as a monk was what the young woman had decided for herself, one day she would teach students just as her master taught her. However, life had not finished its work on miss Shrike. An overcast day was never a very welcoming day, though to the monks, every day was a gift and potential. This day, however brought nothing but disaster. Just as the sun would have reached its apex bright lights filled the sky. A volley of flaming arrows rained down upon the monastery. A panic insued, the monastery warriors ready themselves as an invading force approached the front gates.

Along with several other students Jenny was told to hide herself, avoid these attackers, but of them all, she was the only one who did not listen. Her pride had her gather weaponry and stand at the gate with the others and with Lord Wushan himself.

The gates crumbled, invaders in black armor atop horses flooded through the compound. Weapons clashed, arrows were shot, and monks fell. During the chaos Jenny managed to smash a staff into the head of an attacking man, he was the largest of them all and the leader. Her blow knocked his helmet clean off, revealing a heavily scared face with patched, red hair. Her lucky hit earned her a heavy, metal boot to the chest as she was cast aside. Things went blurry, but she clearly remembers the sight of Lord Wushan standing over her, protecting them both from flurries of opponents.

Everything went black. When she awoke everything was quiet, the sounds of birds in the sky being the only proof that she was, indeed, awake. A heavy weight was atop her small body and a glance down showed her the long dead face of her mentor and father, Lord Wushan. Several arrows were shot into his back, a sword stabbed through his chest, he'd defended her to the last.

A grief stricken walk through the temple revealed devastation, horrors, slaughter. It seemed she was the only survivor. A deep sadness and rage burned in her chest and her mind was throbbing with the need for vengeance.

The armory was large, far larger than one could expect, but was now empty. Every piece of weaponry had been broken, stolen, or desecrated. Only one seemed to survive the entire ordeal. In the very back of the monastery, protected by a hidden door, was a long, silk covered box. Inside was the weapon that Genevieve would take her revenge with. Expertly and ornately carved, made of an unnaturally strong wood, was a staff. It was large for her, being a good two feet taller than herself, but she'd studied with such weapons for years. That staff now decorates her back wherever she goes, her only true companion in this horrid world.

RobyntheWitch

Quote from: kingmaster1 on December 13, 2017, 04:49:52 PM

Genevieve Shrike

Ability Scores:

Misc. Information:
           Quarterstaff +2

Skills:
Swim:               

Saving Throws:

Traits:

Drawbacks:

Description:

Equipment:
Traveler's outfits
Cook's utensils
Ornate quarterstaff

Hello precious! I see that Incase halfling!

kingmaster1

Chulanowa

RobyntheWitch

kingmaster1

Chulanowa

Robyn, do you have any position on futa, or is it just male / female for your game? Sorry if someoen already asked and I missed it  :-)

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: kingmaster1 on December 13, 2017, 04:49:52 PM

Genevieve Shrike

Ability Scores:

Misc. Information:
           Quarterstaff +2

Skills:
Swim:               

Saving Throws:

Traits:

Drawbacks:

Description:

Equipment:
Traveler's outfits
Cook's utensils
Ornate quarterstaff

She is, like, the perfect height.  :o
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

kingmaster1

RobyntheWitch

Quote from: Chulanowa on December 13, 2017, 05:16:07 PM
Robyn, do you have any position on futa, or is it just male / female for your game? Sorry if someoen already asked and I missed it  :-)

No one has asked yet, and I'm not adversed to them.

Chulanowa

kingmaster1

Genevieve keeps a strap on with her wherever she goes, just in case XD

Also, she normally goes by Jenny :-P

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Ixy on December 13, 2017, 03:16:08 PM

An eccentric, dangerously curious, and caustically sarcastic girl, Maryd is a well-schooled daughter of a wealthy family.  She was expelled from her academy life after a concerted effort to violate every safety and behavioral guideline written and assumed in the history of the establishment.  After finally admitting that she would be a disastrous emissary, showed no innate talent for the arcane, and would do more harm than good in any respectable alchemist's established course of study, she was finally set loose to sow her special breed of trouble upon the monsters and villains of the world as a freelance adventurer.

Aaand Ixy wants to play?  ::fans self::
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

RobyntheWitch

Quote from: kingmaster1 on December 13, 2017, 05:44:09 PM
Genevieve keeps a strap on with her wherever she goes, just in case XD

Also, she normally goes by Jenny :-P

Os she a tantric sex monk?
Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on December 13, 2017, 05:53:05 PM
Aaand Ixy wants to play?  ::fans self::

This is a good thing? I'm happy if it is!

Revelation

I really wanna re-use my summoner from the S&S game with a slightly modified backstory - less piracy, more exploration. I dunno if that'd be a faux pas or not, but really I was just left really wanting to give a summoner a go, lel. But I can make a new character if preferred.

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: RobyntheWitch on December 13, 2017, 05:54:26 PM
This is a good thing? I'm happy if it is!

Yes!  It is totally rad.  My slayer will be more than happy to help her alchemist with the more... exotic... components for her alchemical concoctions!  ;)
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Ixy

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on December 13, 2017, 06:01:56 PM
Yes!  It is totally rad.  My slayer will be more than happy to help her alchemist with the more... exotic... components for her alchemical concoctions!  ;)

Oh my... Hope this works out, then

RobyntheWitch

Quote from: Changingsaint on December 13, 2017, 05:56:50 PM
I really wanna re-use my summoner from the S&S game with a slightly modified backstory - less piracy, more exploration. I dunno if that'd be a faux pas or not, but really I was just left really wanting to give a summoner a go, lel. But I can make a new character if preferred.

Not adversed for you to try, but if you want a new character have fun!

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on December 13, 2017, 06:01:56 PM

I will try to be very fair with my choices! This is a promise!

Quote from: Ixy on December 13, 2017, 06:06:40 PM
Oh my... Hope this works out, then
It has a good chance!

Revelation

Hrm, i'm waffling between summoner and hunter - Hunter makes more sense for the wilds and whatnot, so I think I will go with that.

RobyntheWitch

Quote from: Changingsaint on December 13, 2017, 06:13:47 PM
Hrm, i'm waffling between summoner and hunter - Hunter makes more sense for the wilds and whatnot, so I think I will go with that.
Mmm... Waffles!

Hunter would likely be good!

kingmaster1

Quote from: RobyntheWitch on December 13, 2017, 06:18:41 PM
Mmm... Waffles!

Hunter would likely be good!

I'd love some waffles :o

I haven't eaten in about 3 days since I got a stomach virus, I'd kill for some French fries right now XD

RobyntheWitch

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on December 13, 2017, 06:26:08 PM
Hmm, is there any room left?
I am okay with people trying. I am leaving it open until Friday!

Quote from: kingmaster1 on December 13, 2017, 06:27:00 PM
I'd love some waffles :o

I haven't eaten in about 3 days since I got a stomach virus, I'd kill for some French fries right now XD

Sweeite baby no!

kingmaster1

Quote from: RobyntheWitch on December 13, 2017, 06:29:14 PM

Sweeite baby no!

I'm recovering and am currently cooking my first small meal in a long time XD

I'm keeping it bland just in case.

Marie Reynolds

Excellent, I think this will be a fun game for me to fill my itch on playing a male character.

RobyntheWitch

Quote from: kingmaster1 on December 13, 2017, 06:32:07 PM
I'm recovering and am currently cooking my first small meal in a long time XD

I'm keeping it bland just in case.

I'm actually in the process of making a big meal for my wife. She wanted heavy so I am making smoked bbq ribs with cheese and bacon fries. She did a good job at the con she went to and made a good bit of money, so we are being fat kids tonight. Might even crack open my rum after work.

kingmaster1

Quote from: RobyntheWitch on December 13, 2017, 06:49:37 PM
I'm actually in the process of making a big meal for my wife. She wanted heavy so I am making smoked bbq ribs with cheese and bacon fries. She did a good job at the con she went to and made a good bit of money, so we are being fat kids tonight. Might even crack open my rum after work.

Oh man, that sounds amazing :o

RobyntheWitch

Quote from: kingmaster1 on December 13, 2017, 06:50:24 PM
Oh man, that sounds amazing :o

I made it for my daddy a lot when I was my time for cooking, so I have perfected the art!

kingmaster1

Quote from: RobyntheWitch on December 13, 2017, 07:10:35 PM
I made it for my daddy a lot when I was my time for cooking, so I have perfected the art!

God, the idea of bacon fries has me salivating. I just wanna eat so much right now ><

I'm gonna go buy out a five guys when I'm completely better

RobyntheWitch

Quote from: kingmaster1 on December 13, 2017, 07:14:49 PM
God, the idea of bacon fries has me salivating. I just wanna eat so much right now ><

I'm gonna go buy out a five guys when I'm completely better

You can't go wrong there!

kingmaster1

Ixy

RobyntheWitch

kingmaster1

Arcanist

I am so never going to sleep again. I do that for a few hours and POOF I miss 2 and a half pages of posts.

Phantom Pistoleer - Glad you like it. No problem. Use away.

RobyntheWitch - Thanks! Might send you a PM to get a few clarifications and ideas.

Ixy - Love Maryd - We could have a fairy tale theme happening.

Would love a long-term game. I agree Lynx181 and Robyn. Other than the non-sleeping part....that would really suck.....

RobyntheWitch

Quote from: Arcanist on December 13, 2017, 08:12:05 PM
I am so never going to sleep again. I do that for a few hours and POOF I miss 2 and a half pages of posts.

Phantom Pistoleer - Glad you like it. No problem. Use away.

RobyntheWitch - Thanks! Might send you a PM to get a few clarifications and ideas.

Ixy - Love Maryd - We could have a fairy tale theme happening.

Would love a long-term game. I agree Lynx181 and Robyn. Other than the non-sleeping part....that would really suck.....

I don't sleep well myself... Like 4 hours a night. So I get it, but do be careful hun!

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Ixy on December 13, 2017, 07:41:49 PM
I don't know if I could handle five.  Two would be plenty.

You are being too modest.  You could definitely handle five.  IMHO, things don't get interesting until at least three guys show up.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

RobyntheWitch

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on December 13, 2017, 08:55:29 PM
You are being too modest.  You could definitely handle five.  IMHO, things don't get interesting until at least three guys show up.

That's a vote of great confidence! We will see where that goes!

Ixy

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on December 13, 2017, 08:55:29 PM
Dat's it.  Uhm ded.

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: RobyntheWitch on December 13, 2017, 09:02:21 PM
That's a vote of great confidence! We will see where that goes!

What sort of people do you think the Kingdom of Vaelent would send through the fog passage?  Would they pick reliable people, or would they send expendable types?

I am having a little bit of difficulty figuring out my character background.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

RobyntheWitch

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on December 13, 2017, 09:23:31 PM
What sort of people do you think the Kingdom of Vaelent would send through the fog passage?  Would they pick reliable people, or would they send expendable types?

I am having a little bit of difficulty figuring out my character background.
Expendable people to start hands down. If these succeed and it works out they will send better people later, but that's only if they succeed!

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: RobyntheWitch on December 13, 2017, 09:27:42 PM
Expendable people to start hands down. If these succeed and it works out they will send better people later, but that's only if they succeed!

A violent felon is expendable!  Would the kingdom send a violent felon?
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

RobyntheWitch

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on December 13, 2017, 09:32:21 PM
A violent felon is expendable!  Would the kingdom send a violent felon?

Likely gave him a pardon and said for the good of the kingdom he will go and help make a colony and defend it. He would be forced to take it or immediate execution.

RobyntheWitch

Chulanowa

Quote from: RobyntheWitch on December 13, 2017, 09:36:36 PM
Side question, did anyone make a healer?

I'm currently juggling between a healer, a bard/skald, or a swashbuckler, in that order

RobyntheWitch

Quote from: Chulanowa on December 13, 2017, 09:38:53 PM
I'm currently juggling between a healer, a bard/skald, or a swashbuckler, in that order

Oh Skalds, fantasy metalheads, I love them so.

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: RobyntheWitch on December 13, 2017, 09:35:27 PM
Likely gave him a pardon and said for the good of the kingdom he will go and help make a colony and defend it. He would be forced to take it or immediate execution.

Great!  Thanks, Robyn.  I will include that in my background.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

RobyntheWitch

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on December 13, 2017, 09:41:49 PM
Great!  Thanks, Robyn.  I will include that in my background.

Of course! I want to work with you to make this enjoyable on both sides!

Muse

Healer? 

Paladin checking in.  I'll help with that as I can! 

"My sister is good with hers and stiches, too." 

Arcanist

I love to see all this enthusiasm especially from this good bunch. This is going to be great!

Can't wait to meet you sisters.

RobyntheWitch

Quote from: Muse on December 13, 2017, 09:59:31 PM
Healer? 

Paladin checking in.  I'll help with that as I can! 

"My sister is good with hers and stiches, too."

Dedicated healer sweetie, but I love the enthusiasm!

kingmaster1

I hope everyone's prepared ta get ya butt smacked by a saucy halfling!

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: kingmaster1 on December 13, 2017, 10:22:33 PM
I hope everyone's prepared ta get ya butt smacked by a saucy halfling!

I am prepared for much more than that.  Also, ditto.  Prepare to be objectified!
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

kingmaster1

RobyntheWitch

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on December 13, 2017, 11:03:42 PM
I am prepared for much more than that.  Also, ditto.  Prepare to be objectified!

Objectified Females oh no! ... Its life for us. Though the power that can be held because of that, well now!

Thorne

Hrrmn. Well, if no one's pitched a character that can do dedicated healing, I've got a witch in the folder that might fit in.

There a limit to archetypes, or do I just have to tell you where I got it?
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

RobyntheWitch

Quote from: Thorne on December 13, 2017, 11:43:20 PM
Hrrmn. Well, if no one's pitched a character that can do dedicated healing, I've got a witch in the folder that might fit in.

Tell me where and I will see.

Thorne

Quote from: RobyntheWitch on December 13, 2017, 11:56:52 PM
Tell me where and I will see.

The seducer archetype, out of Legacy of the First World. I might, for gits and shiggles and because it doesn't interfere with anything, stack Hex Channeler on there too; that's in the Advanced Class Guide.

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

eBadger

*When you see a group forming and you desperately want to be a recurring villain*

RobyntheWitch

Quote from: eBadger on December 14, 2017, 12:54:55 AM
*When you see a group forming and you desperately want to be a recurring villain*

*Sends a PM to Senpai*

Quote from: Thorne on December 14, 2017, 12:53:55 AM
The seducer archetype, out of Legacy of the First World. I might, for gits and shiggles and because it doesn't interfere with anything, stack Hex Channeler on there too; that's in the Advanced Class Guide.

That sounds very intriguing!!

Thorne

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

Chulanowa

Quote from: Thorne on December 13, 2017, 11:43:20 PM

I was actually working on that heal role  :P That said I can definitely see space for an int-based arcane caster. i mean someone has to have some knowledge skills, right?

edit: Just remembered that we're looking at a homebrew pantheon, so, back to the drawing board for me, lol. Still eyeballing Druid / Shaman, but the Caydenite heal-puncher is no more, alack and alas!

Arcanist

Well, other than knowledge arcane and nature. I am useless with other knowledge rolls. Drawback - unlearned

Arcanist

Yes! Finally finished my character.

Open to any linkages/relationships to other player characters before we start. Always up for more storyline.

Chulanowa

On reflection, I think my current games, and a few planned for the future have heaped my plate pretty high as is, so i'm going to go ahead and bow out of this'un. have fun guys!

RobyntheWitch

Quote from: Chulanowa on December 14, 2017, 03:28:42 AM
On reflection, I think my current games, and a few planned for the future have heaped my plate pretty high as is, so i'm going to go ahead and bow out of this'un. have fun guys!

Sad to hear it, but I understand

Ixy

Quote from: Arcanist on December 14, 2017, 02:17:35 AM
Yes! Finally finished my character.

Open to any linkages/relationships to other player characters before we start. Always up for more storyline.
I like the concept, and it's interesting that she seems to be kind of sheltered so far, although trained...I think it'd make sense for her to have had opportunity to meet basically any of the group as the game starts, just based on what we've seen so far... Just all gotta keep our fingers crossed as to who that will be :)

Arcanist

Quote from: Ixy on December 14, 2017, 06:12:50 AM
I like the concept, and it's interesting that she seems to be kind of sheltered so far, although trained...I think it'd make sense for her to have had opportunity to meet basically any of the group as the game starts, just based on what we've seen so far... Just all gotta keep our fingers crossed as to who that will be :)

Yes...hahaha...

Well she has had exposure to a Druid and a few small villages and towns...besides they smell....

Zaer Darkwail

Thorgrim Goldhammer
Class: 1st level Dwarf Cleric

Ability Scores:
Strength:      16          Dexterity:    10
Constitution: 16          Intelligence: 15
Wisdom:       16          Charisma:    6

Misc. Information:
AC:  19 | Touch 10 | Flat-Footed 18
Hit Points:      11          CMB/CMD:    +3/13 (+4 vs trip&bull rush)
Initiative:      +0           Speed:         20
Attack:          +3 Melee
                    +0 Ranged

Light Hammer (ATK +0 | DAM 1d4+3 | Crit x2 | Range 20 ft. | Ammo 2)

Warhammer (ATK +3 | DAM 1d8+3 | Crit x3 )

Skills:
Appraise:               +2    Craft: Alchemy  +8     Craft (weapons): +8   
Craft (armor):        +8    Diplomacy         -2      Heal:                   +3   
Intimidate:             +3   Know (Arc):      +2     Know (His):         +2   
Know (Nob):           +2  Know (Pla):      +2     Know (Rel):          +2   
Perception:            +8   Linquistic         +2      Profession (Bre) +9   
Profession (Miner)  +9   Sense Motive: +3      Spellcraft            +2

Saving Throws:
Fortitude Save: +5 Reflex Save: +0 Will Save: +5
= +2 bonus vs poison, spells, and spell-like abilities.

Spells: 0: 3 | 1+1 |
Prepared:
Cantrips: Purify Food and Drink, Spark
1st: Animate Rope (D), Bless

Cleric (Crusader Forgemaster) Special Abilities
Level 1: Domain (Artifice), Steel Spells, Divine Smith, Runeforger (Ancient Splendor), Bonus Feat, Diminished Spellcasting

Racial Traits: Dwarf
Ability Score: +2 Constitution, +2 Wisdom, and –2 Charisma.
Base Speed: (Slow and Steady) Dwarves have a base speed of 20 feet, but their speed is never modified by armor or encumbrance.
Hardy: Dwarves gain a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities.
Stability: Dwarves gain a +4 racial bonus to their Combat Maneuver Defense when resisting a bull rush or trip attempt while standing on the ground.
Craftsman: Dwarves with this racial trait receive a +2 racial bonus on all Craft or Profession checks related to metal or stone.
Stonecunning: Dwarves gain a +2 bonus on Perception checks to notice unusual stonework, such as traps and hidden doors located in stone walls or floors. They receive a check to notice such features whenever they pass within 10 feet of them, whether or not they are actively looking.
Darkvision: Dwarves can see perfectly in the dark up to 60 feet.
Lasting Grudge: Dwarves are notorious for their long-lasting grudges. Those who live up to this racial reputation gain a +1 racial bonus on attack rolls against any individual creature that has attacked them 1 day ago or longer.
Weapon Familiarity: Dwarves are proficient with battleaxes, heavy picks, and warhammers, and treat any weapon with the word “dwarven” in its name as a martial weapon.

Feats:
Brewmaster: You gain a +2 bonus on Craft (alchemy) and Profession (brewer) checks, and you add +1 to the DC of any ingested poison you create.
Armor Proficiency, Heavy: Able wear heavy armors

Traits:
Zest for Battle (race): Whenever you gain morale bonus to weapon attack rolls, gain +1 trait bonus to weapon damage rolls.
Eyes and Ears of the City (religion): You gain a +1 trait bonus on Perception checks, and Perception is always a class skill for you.
Omen (faith): You gain a +1 trait bonus on Intimidate checks, and Intimidate is always a class skill for you. Once per day, you may attempt to demoralize an opponent as a swift action.

Drawbacks:
Alcholic (hedonistic): When go by a day without spending/drinking 10gp in value on alcohol, need roll fort save DC 20 or be fatiqued 4 hours next day.

Description:
Height:  4'2                   Weight:      210 lbs
Hair:      Red                  Eyes:          Grey
Languages Spoken: Common, Dwarven, Goblin, Giant

Equipment: 234
Traveler's Outfit;
Splint Mail
Heavy Steel Shield
Warhammer
2xLight Hammers
Kit (Backpack, containing:  belt-Pouch, blanket, 50 ft. hemp rope, soap, 10x torches, 5x trail rations, and a waterskin)

Background:

Thorgrim Goldhammer was born under omenous signs, his father's anvil cracked and shattered when he was born and it was viewed as bad omen. He lived under constant scrutinity for for possible future 'disaster', judged so by birth by cleric of Austri, to prove himself more than just his prophesified destiny he eagerly took into studies of warrior and more so yearned to become a cleric of the very deity which judged him! However despite his efforts, he was always viewed as potential cause of disaster despite his was able to wield divine magic of the god.

Because of this silent judgement he resorter to drinking to solve his problems and becoming a drunkard, alcholist. he did his duties as told (even if in hangover) but he became more free spirits, reckless and bit rebel for the city of his birth. When the news about new land arrived to dwarven holds, the local priests then found excellent way get rid of their 'future doom' and local troublemaker by giving him the 'honors' to work as presentative of his hold in form of expedittion to new lands and create dwarven settlement in there. Send along with him other unwanted and undesirables (or those simply bold and foolish) with him. Ignorant of the stares and looks he accepted the honor and prepared for the long voyage ahead by taking much ale as he could get hands on before departure and then ride to human city and book himself and dwarven kin on ships which will sail over the oceans.

RobyntheWitch

Thorne

Not sure what the hiccup was, but it's fixed; sheet now has an image. My inbox is open, if there are questions...

I didn't really design this one to be a combat monster; not that I expect her to talk her way out of many fights, but... heh. She will try.

Elise
Sheet

Female human witch (hex channeler, seducer) 1 (Pathfinder Player Companion: Legacy of the First World 16, Pathfinder RPG Advanced Class Guide 132, Pathfinder RPG Advanced Player's Guide 65)
LN Medium humanoid (human)
Init +4; Senses Perception +4

--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex)
hp 6 (1d6)
Fort +0, Ref +2, Will +3; -1 penalty vs. fear spells and effects

--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 30 ft.
Melee dagger +1 (1d4+1/19-20) or
. . spear +1 (1d8+1/×3)
Ranged light crossbow +2 (1d8/19-20)
Special Attacks fey charm
Witch (Hex Channeler, Seducer) Spells Prepared (CL 1st; concentration +4)
. . 1st—mage armor, summon monster I
. . 0 (at will)—detect magic, grasp, stabilize
. . Patron Enchantment
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 13, Dex 14, Con 10, Int 16, Wis 12, Cha 16
Base Atk +0; CMB +1; CMD 13
Feats Alertness, Persuasive, Prodigy[UM]
Traits caretaker, charming, reactionary
Skills Bluff +6 (+7 vs. characters who could be attracted to you), Craft (alchemy) +9, Diplomacy +6 (+7 vs. characters who could be attracted to you), Heal +6, Intimidate +5, Perception +4, Perform (sing) +6, Profession (cook) +5, Sense Motive +3, Spellcraft +7
Languages Common, Dwarven, Elven, Orc
SQ otherworldly allure, secret shame, witch's familiar (viper named Noodle)

Combat Gear: blunted bolts (10), crossbow bolts (10), dagger, light crossbow, spear.
Carried: hip flask[UE], masterwork backpack[APG], spell component pouch,  waterskin.
Pack: alchemist's fire (2), bedroll, candle (10), ink, inkpen, mess kit[UE], mirror, pot, soap, torch (5), trail rations (5), twine (50')[APG.
Belt Pouch: chalk (10), flint and steel, 4 gp, 5 cp.

--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Charm +1 (3 rounds, DC 14) (Su) Improve attitude of humanoid or animal in 30 ft. by 1 step(s).
Empathic Link with Familiar (Su) You have an empathic link with your Arcane Familiar.
Familiar Bonus: +3 to Bluff checks You gain the Alertness feat while your familiar is within arm's reach.
Fey Charm (Su) Gain charm hex with DC increased by your relation to target.
Otherworldly Allure User Cha instead of Int for witch class features.
Prodigy (Craft [alchemy], Perform [sing]) Gain a +2 bonus on two Craft, Perform, or Profession skills.
Secret Shame -1 to save vs. fear effects and to DC to demoralize you. If immune to fear, lose imm but no penalties.
Share Spells with Familiar Can cast spells with a target of "You" on the familiar with a range of touch.
Witch's Familiar (Ex) Gain the services of a special familiar that stores spells.
--------------------
Background:
The trouble with being the witch's daughter is living with your mother's reputation. Even if it's a good one, people make assumptions.

Elise has learned to use those assumptions, and the rest of them. Like it or not, people see what they see, they know what they (think they) know. She wasn't the prettiest, the smartest or the quickest; but when it came right down to it, when she asked, people did things for her; she learned that knack quickly.
Maturing into an attractive woman has made that easier, but there is still that clinging stain that Elise eventually left home to get away from. She's not sure if it follows her, or if she's more like her mother than she ever wanted to believe....

--------------------

Noodle (viper familiar)
Noodle      CR –
Viper (Pathfinder RPG Bestiary 133)
N Tiny magical beast (animal)
Init +3; Senses low-light vision, scent; Perception +9
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 17, touch 15, flat-footed 14 (+3 Dex, +2 natural, +2 size)
hp 3 (1d8-1)
Fort +1, Ref +5, Will +3
Defensive Abilities improved evasion
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 20 ft., climb 20 ft., swim 20 ft.
Melee bite +5 (1d2-3 plus poison)
Space 2 ft.; Reach 0 ft.
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 4, Dex 17, Con 8, Int 6, Wis 13, Cha 2
Base Atk +0; CMB +1; CMD 8 (can't be tripped)
Feats Weapon Finesse
Skills Acrobatics +3 (-1 to jump), Climb +11, Diplomacy -3, Heal +2, Perception +9, Spellcraft -1, Stealth +15, Swim +11; Racial Modifiers +4 Perception, +4 Stealth
SQ empathic link, poison
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Climb (20 feet) You have a Climb speed.
Empathic Link (Su) You have an empathic link with your master.
Improved Evasion (Ex) No damage on successful reflex save; half on failed save.
Low-Light Vision See twice as far as a human in dim light, distinguishing color and detail.
Poison (DC 9) Viper Poison: Bite—injury; save Fort DC 9; frequency 1/round for 6 rounds; effect 1d2 Con; cure 1 save. The save DC is Constitution-based.
Scent (Ex) Detect opponents within 15+ ft. by sense of smell.
Share Spells Spells with a target of "You" can be delivered by a familiar with a range of touch.
Swim (20 feet) You have a Swim speed.

Hero Lab and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at http://www.wolflair.com
Pathfinder® and associated marks and logos are trademarks of Paizo Inc.®, and are used under license.

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

kingmaster1

Mmmm, fooooood. Delicious, delicious food! I was so hungry, you guys ;-;

But I'm eating! Excessively! I'm healthy again! (Minus my fucked up back)

RobyntheWitch

Quote from: Thorne on December 14, 2017, 01:06:34 PM
Not sure what the hiccup was, but it's fixed; sheet now has an image. My inbox is open, if there are questions...

I didn't really design this one to be a combat monster; not that I expect her to talk her way out of many fights, but... heh. She will try.

Elise
Sheet

Female human witch (hex channeler, seducer) 1 (Pathfinder Player Companion: Legacy of the First World 16, Pathfinder RPG Advanced Class Guide 132, Pathfinder RPG Advanced Player's Guide 65)
LN Medium humanoid (human)
Init +4; Senses Perception +4

--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex)
hp 6 (1d6)
Fort +0, Ref +2, Will +3; -1 penalty vs. fear spells and effects

--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 30 ft.
Melee dagger +1 (1d4+1/19-20) or
. . spear +1 (1d8+1/×3)
Ranged light crossbow +2 (1d8/19-20)
Special Attacks fey charm
Witch (Hex Channeler, Seducer) Spells Prepared (CL 1st; concentration +4)
. . 1st—mage armor, summon monster I
. . 0 (at will)—detect magic, grasp, stabilize
. . Patron Enchantment
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 13, Dex 14, Con 10, Int 16, Wis 12, Cha 16
Base Atk +0; CMB +1; CMD 13
Feats Alertness, Persuasive, Prodigy[UM]
Traits caretaker, charming, reactionary
Skills Bluff +6 (+7 vs. characters who could be attracted to you), Craft (alchemy) +9, Diplomacy +6 (+7 vs. characters who could be attracted to you), Heal +6, Intimidate +5, Perception +4, Perform (sing) +6, Profession (cook) +5, Sense Motive +3, Spellcraft +7
Languages Common, Dwarven, Elven, Orc
SQ otherworldly allure, secret shame, witch's familiar (viper named Noodle)

Combat Gear: blunted bolts (10), crossbow bolts (10), dagger, light crossbow, spear.
Carried: hip flask[UE], masterwork backpack[APG], spell component pouch,  waterskin.
Pack: alchemist's fire (2), bedroll, candle (10), ink, inkpen, mess kit[UE], mirror, pot, soap, torch (5), trail rations (5), twine (50')[APG.
Belt Pouch: chalk (10), flint and steel, 4 gp, 5 cp.

--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Charm +1 (3 rounds, DC 14) (Su) Improve attitude of humanoid or animal in 30 ft. by 1 step(s).
Empathic Link with Familiar (Su) You have an empathic link with your Arcane Familiar.
Familiar Bonus: +3 to Bluff checks You gain the Alertness feat while your familiar is within arm's reach.
Fey Charm (Su) Gain charm hex with DC increased by your relation to target.
Otherworldly Allure User Cha instead of Int for witch class features.
Prodigy (Craft [alchemy], Perform [sing]) Gain a +2 bonus on two Craft, Perform, or Profession skills.
Secret Shame -1 to save vs. fear effects and to DC to demoralize you. If immune to fear, lose imm but no penalties.
Share Spells with Familiar Can cast spells with a target of "You" on the familiar with a range of touch.
Witch's Familiar (Ex) Gain the services of a special familiar that stores spells.
--------------------
Background:
The trouble with being the witch's daughter is living with your mother's reputation. Even if it's a good one, people make assumptions.

Elise has learned to use those assumptions, and the rest of them. Like it or not, people see what they see, they know what they (think they) know. She wasn't the prettiest, the smartest or the quickest; but when it came right down to it, when she asked, people did things for her; she learned that knack quickly.
Maturing into an attractive woman has made that easier, but there is still that clinging stain that Elise eventually left home to get away from. She's not sure if it follows her, or if she's more like her mother than she ever wanted to believe....

--------------------

Noodle (viper familiar)
Noodle      CR –
Viper (Pathfinder RPG Bestiary 133)
N Tiny magical beast (animal)
Init +3; Senses low-light vision, scent; Perception +9
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 17, touch 15, flat-footed 14 (+3 Dex, +2 natural, +2 size)
hp 3 (1d8-1)
Fort +1, Ref +5, Will +3
Defensive Abilities improved evasion
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 20 ft., climb 20 ft., swim 20 ft.
Melee bite +5 (1d2-3 plus poison)
Space 2 ft.; Reach 0 ft.
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 4, Dex 17, Con 8, Int 6, Wis 13, Cha 2
Base Atk +0; CMB +1; CMD 8 (can't be tripped)
Feats Weapon Finesse
Skills Acrobatics +3 (-1 to jump), Climb +11, Diplomacy -3, Heal +2, Perception +9, Spellcraft -1, Stealth +15, Swim +11; Racial Modifiers +4 Perception, +4 Stealth
SQ empathic link, poison
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Climb (20 feet) You have a Climb speed.
Empathic Link (Su) You have an empathic link with your master.
Improved Evasion (Ex) No damage on successful reflex save; half on failed save.
Low-Light Vision See twice as far as a human in dim light, distinguishing color and detail.
Poison (DC 9) Viper Poison: Bite—injury; save Fort DC 9; frequency 1/round for 6 rounds; effect 1d2 Con; cure 1 save. The save DC is Constitution-based.
Scent (Ex) Detect opponents within 15+ ft. by sense of smell.
Share Spells Spells with a target of "You" can be delivered by a familiar with a range of touch.
Swim (20 feet) You have a Swim speed.

Hero Lab and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at http://www.wolflair.com
Pathfinder® and associated marks and logos are trademarks of Paizo Inc.®, and are used under license.

Try as hard as you are able!

Re Z L

Tera Mistdancer
CN Elf Shifter 1

• Hair Color:  Black
  • Skin Color:  Light Chocolate Brown
  • Eye Color:  Light Gray
  • Height:  6' 0"
  • Weight:  130 lbs
  • Sexuality:  Pansexual

Description

Lithe and athletic, the leather-clad elf tends to more rugged dress and appearance.  Her legs are exceptionally long, giving her a greater stride while also giving her just a slightly more alien appearance, though it takes some a moment to notice the difference.  She is suspicious of most others at first, but easily makes friends.  She stubbornly holds onto her faith in "The Green", seeking her own perception of a balance between nature and the encroaching civilization.  Of course her opinions and feelings on such topics seems to change readily.  She has also adopted some personality quirks based on her animalistic aspects, while she might fight with the ferocity of a tiger she also has some more cat-like tendencies.

Background

Tera was a member of a small tribe of naturalistic elves.  They kept mostly to themselves, seeking greater connection with The Green.  The tribe had small scuffles with others as the years went by, but things usually were settled amicably.  These exchanges usually ended with the tribe moving farther into the forests which Tera did not take kindly to.  Eventually the incursions slowed which let the resentment stew.

When the nations eventually entered their peaceful stalemate Tera found more and more people trying to expand into her tribe's territory.  Eventually she decided that enough was enough and fought back.  When there were only explorers and hunters it was relatively easy for her to ambush them and kill one or two of them or scare them off.  Eventually armed and armored guards began to escort them which inevitably led to Tera's capture.

There was little her tribe could do for her at that point, so she remained hidden away in the city's prison for a time.  Execution was planned, but was delayed for a long enough period of time.  Eventually she was given an offer, either she could help them scout out a new land--where she could potentially carve out areas of land for people like her--or they could go through with the execution.  It wasn't a terribly difficult decision to make.

Re-armed she now finds herself travelling far far away from the region that had been her home to explore a new land for her would-be masters--though perhaps she could turn things to her advantage later.
A&A

kingmaster1

RobyntheWitch

All right people, tomorrow night is the deadline and when I pick the fateful chosen!

kingmaster1

Arcanist

RobyntheWitch

PhantomPistoleer

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

RobyntheWitch

kingmaster1

RobyntheWitch

Quote from: kingmaster1 on December 14, 2017, 09:42:51 PM
YAH! I wanna rape a Goblin!  >:)
I know you do sweetie.

kingmaster1

Marie Reynolds

Yes Just got my character done! I am looking forward to this. I hope the fun will continue, I had a blast just making this guy!

Makoa's character picture

RobyntheWitch

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on December 14, 2017, 09:48:09 PM
Yes Just got my character done! I am looking forward to this. I hope the fun will continue, I had a blast just making this guy!

Makoa's character picture

If he related to the twins? Oh dear.

This picking is going to be rougher than I though... I want to keep it at 6... But... Everyone has good characters. Grrrr... The burden of GMing.

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: RobyntheWitch on December 14, 2017, 09:45:57 PM
I know you do sweetie.

I like the pic.  But you should probably edit it out.  I don't think you can post explicit images in public threads.  :0
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Intuitive Dream

Hey there y'all!  New to the site and I know I'm riding in at the 11th hour, but I thought I'd try and throw a character in for consideration.  If there's no room left (or you just don't like the character  :P) no worries!  It was fun just to shake the rust off my creative bones a bit.  I'm not really familiar with Pathfinder as a system but I am reading through a pdf and it seems fairly similar to other d20 systems I've played in the past so I don't think I will make too many glaring mistakes with the mechanics.  Anyway, here is Alexa De'Fleur the farmer/rogue.  Don't hold back when it comes to emotionally devastating criticism.

Alexa De'Fleur

Race: Half-Elf
Sex: Female
Height: 5'9"
Hair: Auburn
Eyes: Grey
Class: Rogue
Level: 1

Statistics
Strength: 10
Dexterity: 15
Constitution: 14
Intelligence: 16
Wisdom: 11
Charisma: 15

Hit Points: 11
Speed: 30 feet
Armor Class: 15 = 10 + 2 [leather] + 2 [dexterity] + 1 [dodge]
Touch AC: 13
Flat-footed: 12

Initiative: +2

Fortitude save: +2
Reflex save: +4
Will save: +0

Melee attack: +0
Ranged attack: +2

Combat Maneuver Defense: +12

Dagger: +0 1d4, 19-20/x2
Quarterstaff: +0 1d6/1d6, 20/x2
Hand Crossbow: +2 1d4, 19-20/x2, 30 ft

Languages: Common, Elven, Halfling, Sylvan

Feats: Dodge, Skill Focus (Profession: Farming)

Skills

Acrobatics (Dex): +2

Appraise (Int): +3

Bluff (Cha): +6

Climb (Str): +4

Diplomacy (Cha): +4

Disguise (Cha): +6

Escape Artist (Dex): +2

Heal (Wis): +0

Intimidate (Cha): +2

Knowledge (geography) (Int): +4

Knowledge (nature) (Int): +4

Perception (Wis): +2

Perform: Wind instrument (Cha): +6

Profession: Farming (Wis): +7

Ride (Dex): +3

Sense Motive (Wis): +0

Stealth (Dex): +6

Survival (Wis): +1

Swim (Str): +4

Traits/Class Features

Immune to magical sleep
Favored Classes: Rogue, Fighter
+2 racial bonus on saves vs. enchantments
Low-light vision
+1 racial bonus on perception checks
+2 racial bonus on diplomacy and gather information checks
Sneak Attack +1d6
Hardy (survivalist): At 1st level, a survivalist is already prepared to endure extreme hardships and environmental conditions. She can go twice the normal number of days without water and triple the normal number of days without food before feeling the effects of either thirst or starvation. This ability replaces trapfinding.

Equipment
Leather Armor
Dagger
Quarterstaff
Hand Crossbow
Backpack
Bedroll
Fishhook
String
Flint and Steel
Rations (4 days)
Sewing Needle
Waterskin
Flute

Total weight: 41 lbs

I still have some work to do on the rest of the character stats, but I will update this section as I make progress.  I am thinking of giving her a somewhat diverse skillset, since I don't really have a specific direction in mind.  I'd love to try and multiclass a lot as she picks up skills from various people and experiences, or seeks training from other party members.

Background
It is often the case, contrary to intuition, that those blessed with plenty are often the least willing to share.  Such was the nature of the De'Fleur family's dilemma.  Alexa was born the first of three children of a moderately successful human farmer, Joseph De'fleur, and his half-elven wife Tethilin.  While her two younger brothers inherited little of their mother's elven blood Alexa had enough point in her ears to earn the affectionate nickname “quarter-elf” among the farmhands and surrounding townsfolk.  Their farm, though not within the kingdom of Vaelant, lay only a few leagues away from the eastern border.  When an aggressive blight began devastating the neighboring farms her parents decided to try and avoid disaster by selling their land and moving west to Vaelant lands.  Though not native to the kingdom, over a century of peace meant there had been plenty of opportunity for trade and the De'Fleurs felt confident they could find a place to settle.  Things did not go as smoothly as they had hoped.

Fertile land is common enough in Vaelant, yet its availability to foreigners proved rare indeed.  Time and again Alexa and her family were refused the right to purchase land, and the further they traveled the more coin was eaten up by the road.  After nearly a year spent as migrants Alexa's mother Tethilin, through contacts among other half-elves scattered about the kingdom, was able to secure the family rights to a barren strip of land by the northwest coast.  The ground was rocky, the wind biting, and the salt from centuries of lying near the ocean made the soil uncooperative.  Life was hard and empty bellies common.  It took nearly a decade, but through hard work, her father's experience, and some elven lore her mother had learned as a child, the De'Fleurs accomplished what none of the surrounding Lords, Ladies, and other landholders had dared attempt.  Their farm grew to thrive, and with the parting of the western mists the demand for food to supply exploring ships skyrocketed, greatly increasing the value of their coastal home.  Through the years Alexa had blossomed in a way that reflected their home.  She had learned to farm, hunt, and forage.  Most importantly she had learned how to survive and endure.  These were skills that have proven vital during the past few months of her life.

As the De'Fleur's fortunes rose another blight began to strike farms further inland.  The harshness of the land protected Alexa's home from the decay, but to the eyes of other farmers there seemed a more sinister explanation.  In nearby taverns men and women would drink and ask, “why should some foreigners have hold over healthy land when the natives of Vaelant watched their crops wither and blacken?”  “Hadn't that family come fleeing this same blight in their own country?”  “Are they cursed?”  “Perhaps they're the ones behind the whole thing?”  It was only a matter of months before a group of wealthy merchants had found a magistrate willing bring charges against the De'Fleurs and, in what the magistrate described as an act of “mercy”, stripped them of their land in exchange for allowing them to leave and seek their fortunes elsewhere.  Alexa's father was a resilient man, who had endured much without letting his spirit break, but only Our Lady is immune to the base emotions, and in a drunken rage Joseph attacked the magistrate on the street until he was dragged away by guards.  Within days Alexa's father was locked in a cell, wilting under the shadow of the hangman's noose.

Hope seemed lost until a visitor came to the rest of the De'Fleur family in the tiny flea-ridden inn they had been forced into.  It was the magistrate himself, come with an offer.  It seemed one of his cousin's sons had gotten himself into trouble a few towns over for knifing a man in a bar fight.  He had been sentenced to join one of the new expeditions venturing across the border of mist, but the boy's father was looking for a way out.  The magistrate's offer was simple, if the De'Fleur's offered up one of their sons to pose as his cousin's son, the magistrate would be willing to forgive the little misunderstanding with Alexa's father.  Even as her mother wept at the thought of losing either a child or her husband, Alexa had decided on her course.  Her brothers were far too young to be sent out on their own, but Alexa was a slim girl a little slow to develop more feminine shapes.  With her hair shortened and some concealing clothes she might be able to pass as a young man long enough to fool whoever held the passenger manifest on the ships.  Alexa was no soldier, but she had a sharp knife, some experience hunting, and could outmatch all but three of the local boys in the staff contests held at every festival.  There was one other addendum of course, added in a lewd whisper by the magistrate when her mother had stepped out of the room.  The man also demanded that Alexa share his bed for a night.  The idea was unthinkable, and disgusted Alexa to her core.  But she was a survivor, and as always she would endure.

So it was that Alexa has found herself sailing west, face hidden by a dark wool cloak, gear on her back. And fading bruises on her arms and legs.  Her life has not always been easy, and the future may hold even greater hardships, but Alexa De'Fleur is determined to forge on no matter what.

Description
Alexa is a young woman, slim but graceful thanks to her elven heritage, though she lacks their more exotic feature besides slightly pointed ears.  Her red hair is cut above her shoulders and often kept pulled back into a ponytail, while her gray serious eyes jealously guard her true emotions.  Although the years living in Vaelant have softened her accent (think french), it still stands out among natives to that kingdom.  For her journey she wears a light leather tunic over her clothing, and a dark wool cloak with a hood to hide her face.  She carries a dagger at her hip and a small crossbow, suitable for hunting rabbits, over one shoulder.  Her first defense however lies with the stout staff she walks with.

Hope everyone has a good weekend and thanks for reading!  <3

*Updated with progress on statistics and added a brief description of her appearance

RobyntheWitch

Quote from: Intuitive Dream on December 14, 2017, 10:24:28 PM
Hey there y'all!  New to the site and I know I'm riding in at the 11th hour, but I thought I'd try and throw a character in for consideration.  If there's no room left (or you just don't like the character  :P) no worries!  It was fun just to shake the rust off my creative bones a bit.  I'm not really familiar with Pathfinder as a system but I am reading through a pdf and it seems fairly similar to other d20 systems I've played in the past so I don't think I will make too many glaring mistakes with the mechanics.  Anyway, here is Alexa De'Fleur the farmer/rogue.  Don't hold back when it comes to emotionally devastating criticism.

Alexa De'Fleur

Race: Half-Elf
Sex: Female
Height: 5'9"
Hair: Auburn
Eyes: Grey
Class: Rogue
Level: 1

Statistics
Strength: 10
Dexterity: 15
Constitution: 14
Intelligence: 16
Wisdom: 11
Charisma: 15

I still have some work to do on the rest of the character stats, but I will update this section as I make progress.  I am thinking of giving her a somewhat diverse skillset, since I don't really have a specific direction in mind.  I'd love to try and multiclass a lot as she picks up skills from various people and experiences, or seeks training from other party members.

Background
It is often the case, contrary to intuition, that those blessed with plenty are often the least willing to share.  Such was the nature of the De'Fleur family's dilemma.  Alexa was born the first of three children of a moderately successful human farmer, Joseph De'fleur, and his half-elven wife Tethilin.  While her two younger brothers inherited little of their mother's elven blood Alexa had enough point in her ears to earn the affectionate nickname “quarter-elf” among the farmhands and surrounding townsfolk.  Their farm, though not within the kingdom of Vaelant, lay only a few leagues away from the eastern border.  When an aggressive blight began devastating the neighboring farms her parents decided to try and avoid disaster by selling their land and moving west to Vaelant lands.  Though not native to the kingdom, over a century of peace meant there had been plenty of opportunity for trade and the De'Fleurs felt confident they could find a place to settle.  Things did not go as smoothly as they had hoped.

Fertile land is common enough in Vaelant, yet its availability to foreigners proved rare indeed.  Time and again Alexa and her family were refused the right to purchase land, and the further they traveled the more coin was eaten up by the road.  After nearly a year spent as migrants Alexa's mother Tethilin, through contacts among other half-elves scattered about the kingdom, was able to secure the family rights to a barren strip of land by the northwest coast.  The ground was rocky, the wind biting, and the salt from centuries of lying near the ocean made the soil uncooperative.  Life was hard and empty bellies common.  It took nearly a decade, but through hard work, her father's experience, and some elven lore her mother had learned as a child, the De'Fleurs accomplished what none of the surrounding Lords, Ladies, and other landholders had dared attempt.  Their farm grew to thrive, and with the parting of the western mists the demand for food to supply exploring ships skyrocketed, greatly increasing the value of their coastal home.  Through the years Alexa had blossomed in a way that reflected their home.  She had learned to farm, hunt, and forage.  Most importantly she had learned how to survive and endure.  These were skills that have proven vital during the past few months of her life.

As the De'Fleur's fortunes rose another blight began to strike farms further inland.  The harshness of the land protected Alexa's home from the decay, but to the eyes of other farmers there seemed a more sinister explanation.  In nearby taverns men and women would drink and ask, “why should some foreigners have hold over healthy land when the natives of Vaelant watched their crops wither and blacken?”  “Hadn't that family come fleeing this same blight in their own country?”  “Are they cursed?”  “Perhaps they're the ones behind the whole thing?”  It was only a matter of months before a group of wealthy merchants had found a magistrate willing bring charges against the De'Fleurs and, in what the magistrate described as an act of “mercy”, stripped them of their land in exchange for allowing them to leave and seek their fortunes elsewhere.  Alexa's father was a resilient man, who had endured much without letting his spirit break, but only Our Lady is immune to the base emotions, and in a drunken rage Joseph attacked the magistrate on the street until he was dragged away by guards.  Within days Alexa's father was locked in a cell, wilting under the shadow of the hangman's noose.

Hope seemed lost until a visitor came to the rest of the De'Fleur family in the tiny flea-ridden inn they had been forced into.  It was the magistrate himself, come with an offer.  It seemed one of his cousin's sons had gotten himself into trouble a few towns over for knifing a man in a bar fight.  He had been sentenced to join one of the new expeditions venturing across the border of mist, but the boy's father was looking for a way out.  The magistrate's offer was simple, if the De'Fleur's offered up one of their sons to pose as his cousin's son, the magistrate would be willing to forgive the little misunderstanding with Alexa's father.  Even as her mother wept at the thought of losing either a child or her husband, Alexa had decided on her course.  Her brothers were far too young to be sent out on their own, but Alexa was a slim girl a little slow to develop more feminine shapes.  With her hair shortened and some concealing clothes she might be able to pass as a young man long enough to fool whoever held the passenger manifest on the ships.  Alexa was no soldier, but she had a sharp knife, some experience hunting, and could outmatch all but three of the local boys in the staff contests held at every festival.  There was one other addendum of course, added in a lewd whisper by the magistrate when her mother had stepped out of the room.  The man also demanded that Alexa share his bed for a night.  The idea was unthinkable, and disgusted Alexa to her core.  But she was a survivor, and as always she would endure.

So it was that Alexa has found herself sailing west, face hidden by a dark wool cloak, gear on her back. And fading bruises on her arms and legs.  Her life has not always been easy, and the future may hold even greater hardships, but Alexa De'Fleur is determined to forge on no matter what.

Hope everyone has a good weekend and thanks for reading!  <3

Oh sweetie baby! You poor lass! I'm likely going to make your life worse! I'm okay with that.

RobyntheWitch

IMPORTANT QUESTION

So I am being given quite the list. I love it, great characters to choose from. Now it also makes it REALLY hard to do so. Though I can and will, I'm sorry....

....or I have an offer, though I ask you all as it will be important to you. Do you think you could do a big group and have more than six players in it? This means more partners, being able to split up in tasks, more delicious in game drama and more victims for me. On the flip side my posts might be slower coming as I am working with more but giving more at the same time.

Vote!

kingmaster1

I'm fine with it as long as you think you can handle it okay :-P

That's gonna be a lot of people and possible events to juggle XD

RobyntheWitch

Quote from: kingmaster1 on December 15, 2017, 12:00:48 AM
I'm fine with it as long as you think you can handle it okay :-P

That's gonna be a lot of people and possible events to juggle XD

Mayhaps, but I'm excited to try. I'll ask opinions and ruminate on it myself. Maybe ask my Co-GM too.

Intuitive Dream

I'm very late to the table and y'all have a great rapport going already, so I'll happily yield to whatever the rest of the group wants. ;)  I also don't really have an accurate idea of how much work running a game this size is.

RobyntheWitch

Quote from: Intuitive Dream on December 15, 2017, 12:12:20 AM
I'm very late to the table and y'all have a great rapport going already, so I'll happily yield to whatever the rest of the group wants. ;)  I also don't really have an accurate idea of how much work running a game this size is.
a good bit, but mostly on me. Very much so.

Lynx181

I'm ok with a large party, plus I doubt we need 9 people in a single scouting party...so we can have individual missions given to us in groups!

Arcanist

I am also open to a large group. But at the end of the day, it’s up to you Robyn. I am sure we are all appreciative of you running this and I am sure we will all understand the difficulties. I am sure we are also all willing to help.

Zaer Darkwail

Fine with large groups if GM can handle the load, would advice to get co-GM though.

TFcommando

I have two potential superhero games starting up now and don't want to overload myself, as tempting as this game is.
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

RobyntheWitch

Quote from: TFcommando on December 15, 2017, 02:29:06 AM
I have two potential superhero games starting up now and don't want to overload myself, as tempting as this game is.

Sorry to hear that, good luck!

Muse

I say grab all the players you want! 

i've run some really big games.  WTIh basic patience it's perfectly possible in play by post. 

Besides, how do yout hink all those sandbox freeform games get big boards within a few weeks?  ^_^;; 

We can do it too!

PhantomPistoleer

IMO, a big group is okay, but could we please have some sort of unanimity when it comes to character avatars?  They're all over the place.  Some are realistic, some are fantasy, some are chibi-like.  Would that be possible?
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Hobbes1266

Hi, I know I'm here last minute but is this still open or is the cut off starting today? I had an idea for a gunslinger.

Kathyan

Sorry for not posting my character earlier, I had a very busy day yesterday and I will continue like that probably all weekend, still I wanted to post my concept so I'd be considered ^^

Half-Elf Vigilante (Warlock)
str10, dex18, con14, int16, wis10, cha10

Languages: Common and Elven, Draconic, Goblin, Drow sign Language

Racial Traits
Elven Immunities
Keen Senses
Drow Magic: Dancing Light, Faery Fire, Darkness 1/day each
Drow Blooded: darkvision 60, lightblind
Elf Blood: count as both elf and human
Drow Heritage: count as drow

Drawback: Family Ties(Drow): -2 penalty on all Wisdom- and Charisma-based ability checks and skill checks until you either do what was requested or succeed at a DC 20 Will saving throw, which you can attempt once per day at the start of each day.

I had this idea that she would be the daughter of a female half elf and a drow but people of her home town wouldn't know so she lived as a regular half elf hiding her drow heritage and the fact that sunlight bother her although the drow would know. She would be herself of course as her social persona but as a vigilante she would be a drow ^^

This picture is just an idea, I'll look for something else when I have more time ;)

And about the group size, would you consider maybe running two groups? I'd still be open to a big group though I hope the group doesn't get TOO big :P

Ixy

I really don't prefer sandbox or large games for a PF adventure, but they could be fine as something else entirely.  I'd rather hope for a small group where you don't have to wait for three or four dropouts who don't bother to say 'bye', then rather rapidly realize that the game's home dead in the meantime.  Not that it still doesn't happen, but.

PhantomPistoleer

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

eBadger

Quote from: Kathyan on December 15, 2017, 02:11:47 PM
Thanks, I just added a drawback that I think fits nicely to my concept ^^

Looks neat!  But far away from home and not admitting her ancestry, how is that going to actually affect her?

Re Z L

Aaaand we're all done.

I don't really have a preference one way or another, large groups, small groups, whatever works for the GM  ;D
A&A

kingmaster1

I don't know if you've ever seen league of legends but she reminds me of a champion from that called Nidalee :-P

She has a big ol spear and her dance emote is a stripper pole thing :3

RobyntheWitch

Okay... So I might be jumping the gun on the big group. So we will wait to see if it happens later, start small... I slept on it and realized I was way too hopped up on sugar. So we will do small. Six people. Tonight. In six hours. Good luck.

Re Z L

Quote from: kingmaster1 on December 15, 2017, 04:42:04 PM
I don't know if you've ever seen league of legends but she reminds me of a champion from that called Nidalee :-P

She has a big ol spear and her dance emote is a stripper pole thing :3

That is exactly who the picture is of  ;D

I somehow found one that had pointy ears and then thought to myself:  man Nidalee would be the perfect thing to model off of, so I did a few things here and there.  I was going to take Craft (Trapmaking) too, but decided to hold off for now  ;D
A&A

kingmaster1

Quote from: Re Z L on December 15, 2017, 04:45:56 PM
That is exactly who the picture is of  ;D

I somehow found one that had pointy ears and then thought to myself:  man Nidalee would be the perfect thing to model off of, so I did a few things here and there.  I was going to take Craft (Trapmaking) too, but decided to hold off for now  ;D

Hahah, she's a fun champion to play :P

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: RobyntheWitch on December 15, 2017, 04:43:01 PM
Okay... So I might be jumping the gun on the big group. So we will wait to see if it happens later, start small... I slept on it and realized I was way too hopped up on sugar. So we will do small. Six people. Tonight. In six hours. Good luck.

Good luck, everyone!!
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Marie Reynolds

Not blood related to the twins but has some history with them.

I am cool with a big game but ultimately it is up to what the gm  and co gm can handle.

Intuitive Dream

RobyntheWitch

Quote from: Intuitive Dream on December 15, 2017, 06:46:09 PM
6 people in 6 hours... I don't know this sounds awfully satanic.
we need another six... Uh... And they must dance six dances before then! Or there be doom! DOOM!

https://youtu.be/7PsBxG8neok

Lynx181

I'd feel more unnerved if it was nine people in nine hours, but that's just me.

RobyntheWitch

The deadline has been reached, I'm doing final discussions with my Co-GM. I will have the selections to you soon.

PhantomPistoleer

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

RobyntheWitch

kingmaster1

Thorne

I had Adulting to do, so am late to this, but I'd actually say more players is a good thing; because sadly, attrition is a thing. >.<

Either way, I'm good; but I thought I ought to mention that before the Word of GM goes out. ^^;

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

eBadger

Adulting is HIGHLY over rated.  But yeah, I've had a lot of that going on, too. 

And yes, I am happy to be helping out as GM Jr.  This will be Robyn's ride, but I'll help steer things astray....

kingmaster1

RobyntheWitch

This was a tough as hell choice to make guys, you have no idea just how tough. Still I want to thank all who did apply and tossed some great characters in here. Seriously, thank you... You all make me have high hopes for this. With out further ado:

Kingmaster1
Muse
Lynx181
Arcanist
Ixy
Thorne
Intuitive Dream

Welcome to the game guys, I'll have an OOC thread up soon.

kingmaster1

PhantomPistoleer

Aww!  I am sorry I didn't make it, but I hope you guys have a blast.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Lynx181

Thank you for picking us to be your players, and I hope to see those who weren't selected down the road hopefully, in other games or this.

Arcanist

Wooohhooo!!!
Nessa doing a little dance with Flint

Thank you For the opportunity RobyntheWitch and E-badger.

Can’t wait to get to know the rest of you guys and gals too.

And I am with Lynx181 as well. I hope to bump into the rest of those who were not selected down the road. And as always, everyone is welcome to pm me anytime.

Thanks again to all!

Muse

Indeed, thank you for selecting me.  I'm looking forewards to this a great deal! :)

Intuitive Dream

Wow!  Thanks for the selection!  Although it is sad to be missing out on any one of these characters.

Random off-topic comment, I just saw the new Star Wars and if you haven't yet I highly recommend it.

Kathyan

Wow I was so busy this weekend and this selection process was over so soon :( I didn't even had enough time to put up a proper character, sigh. Oh well have fun those who made it in ^^

Jovialtraveler

Well I’d like to make a male character as well. I honestly wouldn’t being on the receiving end of noncon from monsters of any sort. Especially because if it’s a medieval society where men are expected to ALWAYS top and such, it would be interesting to have him realize and explore the idea that not only does he like to be a bottom sometimes, he likes being FORCED to be a bottom.

And I’ll probably pick one of the more martial classes, like a fighter or a slayer.