News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

X-men RP!....(interest Check)

Started by Wolfy, May 20, 2012, 09:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eavatar

And here comes the Poll premilinary results. Right now Mitt Romney is winning all Republican primaries and all republicans would chose call Comrade Obama as Party Prime Secretary than USofA president.. oops I've got a wrong poll.

And now here is the result of our poll so far

1st question

we got a tie. I think we are going to need someone else come and be a tie breaker

2nd question

It is clear we are going to the Mutant Police force.

3rd question

And we are being trainned for that in a private mutant only school

4th question

And we are planning take only 1 character

5th question

And we are followers

6th question

And we are not sure who is funding us.

JDrew Spider

We have stroke gold! Who wants to make the character sheet?
"Congratulations, you are no longer the most screwed over person on the planet". JD

Spider Hole
Apologies

Empyrean

Name:
Codename:
Appearance (with optional pic)
History:
Personality:

How's that for a character sheet?

JDrew Spider

It's fine, but are we using realistic pics or anime like stuff?
"Congratulations, you are no longer the most screwed over person on the planet". JD

Spider Hole
Apologies

Empyrean

Given the comics medium...I don't see any reason why people couldn't use anime stuff if they wanted to.

eavatar

Improving a bit the character sheet

Name:
Codename:
Main Powers <primary mutation> (include limitations if any):
Secondary Powers <secondary mutation if any> (include limitations if any)
Tactical preference (from 1 as best to 3 as not confortable)
Solo:
Duo
Team
Appearance (with optional pic)
History:
Personality:
Player Ons
Player Offs

eavatar

If you want a picture you always can use Deviantart, they have a ton of artists and several of them do arts looking as comic book like pictures. What you need is a bit of patience to browse thousand of pictures (literaly)

AribethAmkiir

eavatar

No, you can join us. We still are talking about characters.

AribethAmkiir

As far as OC or altered cannon characters, or who plans to play what?

Also, just in case this is still wanted:

1 - Do prefer:

b) A fresh start with cannonic and non cannonic characters added

2 - The reason of the team was created was:

Any (or all) of those sound fun.

3 - Are we on:

again, any of the above

4 - I prefer play:

a) just one character, a student (for now)

5 - I like:

a) follow the plot and see what the GM and the players do.  I can let it be, too.

6 - Who is the team funder

I like the idea of Jean Grey, but as long as it makes sense, I don't have a preference.

eavatar

Okay, we have a ti breaker. It is a fresh start

Here is the central idea.

Mid to late 20Th century the mankind did thousands of experiments with radiation. And all that radiation filing the atmosphere on this side of Van Hallen belt produced several side effects. One of them still roam around and it is called Hulk, and just to hunt the Hulk the govern created other radiation monsters which are on the lose too. But the other side effect started to come to the world during the 70's. They were special children. some were smarter, other stronger, fee ll of them had odd skills but some have strange appearance. They were called mutants.

This mutants became part of political debate don't matter they had born. Some of that children could be weaponized and used to hunt the Hulk or worst. Right now several of this former "wonder kids" were focusing their attentions to harmfull activities. Several of them became criminals, which the newspapers like the Daily Burgle loves to give them fancy names like Vanisher or Evil Mutants Brotherhood (which nobody know it is a gang or just a fancy name for a bunch of mutant gangs.

Seem the chaotic situation and a constant hostility improvement the famous Professor Charles Xavier and Eric Lashner, an influent and powerful tycoon resolved to create an institute to gather and train the next generation of world protectors. A team to stop the increase of mutant related crimes as well the crimes done against the mutants, a team of peacemakers inspired by the deeds of western heroes and World War II Invaders secret project. A team coordinated  by Jean Grey, a former Miss Teen America and famous super model who outed as a mutant when she saved herself, Mary Jane Watson-Parker and Patsy Walker from a Hurricane when both were posing for a Sports Illustrated calendar. Jean Grey is Xavier and Lashner midperson between them and the team. Both men have a huge reputation and doesn't have time to deal with the institute day by day chores and they want explore Jean's fame and skills to bring a positive public face for the project and mutantkind as a whole

(please feel free to add events or fix my grammar, I am a foreigner and english isn't my native language)

Sasquatch421

Ok I have a couple of ideas on what powers I'm going to use, but where would the Roleplay end up? I think X-men would be in an exotic class since the characters are so diverse to start with, but what powers I use will depend on where this ends up...

Oh and could we make the personality part of the character sheet optional?

eavatar

Quote from: Sasquatch421 on May 26, 2012, 11:36:22 AM
Ok I have a couple of ideas on what powers I'm going to use, but where would the Roleplay end up? I think X-men would be in an exotic class since the characters are so diverse to start with, but what powers I use will depend on where this ends up...

Oh and could we make the personality part of the character sheet optional?

I was thinking start like the original X-men did. We are closed group being teach by a small group of teachers and our study focus is on the practical side, like we learn anatomy just to know where to hit to immobilize (never kill unless it is a life or death situation), physics, chemistry straight on the labs and a lot of "PE" which is the practice with the power.

About the personality part, it is essential, and at other hand very easy to set. Nothing like a "Silent and strong" or "Cheerful and naive" don't solve

JDrew Spider

Okay, so we have a protagonist side and a antagonistic side. Cool.

I like to start with one big plot with many different sub plots. I also agree with the personality part since it does help other people to identify what kind of 'person' your character is, unless you just want to make that a surprise.

Spider Hole
Apologies

AribethAmkiir

Sounds great.  I'm excited to be a part of this, thank you.

Do we know what powers people want for their characters?  Also, is there anything that should be restricted or limited?  What do people think about power overlap, meaning two characters with similar powers?  I would think we could avoid that if we wanted to, but on the other hand it isn't necessarily needed, in my opinion, unless there's strong feelings to the contrary.

Also, a question.  Mary Jane and Peter Parker are married in our universe?  Is Peter Parker than Spider-man?

Sasquatch421

Quote from: JDrew Spider on May 26, 2012, 03:24:49 PM
I also agree with the personality part since it does help other people to identify what kind of 'person' your character is, unless you just want to make that a surprise.

That's just the thing, when I fill out a personality on the character cheet it feels forced to me. That and it turns out a totally different way then I put down... Would it just be fine if I put in will develop in roleplay?

JDrew Spider

I understand,  feel free to make it optional or better yet put "Yet to be determined" or they are somewhat of an enigma or something :)

Spider Hole
Apologies

eavatar

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on May 26, 2012, 03:31:13 PM
Sounds great.  I'm excited to be a part of this, thank you.

Do we know what powers people want for their characters?  Also, is there anything that should be restricted or limited?  What do people think about power overlap, meaning two characters with similar powers?  I would think we could avoid that if we wanted to, but on the other hand it isn't necessarily needed, in my opinion, unless there's strong feelings to the contrary.

Also, a question.  Mary Jane and Peter Parker are married in our universe?  Is Peter Parker than Spider-man?

We could shoot a resumed concept before the sheet.. I am going to give an example

Sunfire - Kim-In Yashida, a korean-japanesa celebutante who can shoot radioactive plasma from her body as well fly propelled by the plasma and rearrange small portions of synthetic materials.

About Mary Jane and Peter it is totally open. I just threw the names because I didn't say Gisele Bundchen and Heidi Klum on the mix. As well the existence of the other heroes as well. I just let the Hulk on the lose because he sticks with the radioactive theme

AribethAmkiir

Are we at the character creation process than?  Or do we want to work on the history more?

eavatar

I am okay for both. I just threw the seed, if everybody want to start right now just after Professor Xavier and Mr Lashner set the recruitament drill duty for Jean, or we can work a bit more the overall plot and see what happen

Empyrean

So is Apocalypse a known threat in this world? I mean, is he on the evening news threatening the world or is it all a secret still? How open are mutants in this world?

Sasquatch421

I think he would be secret yet. If I was in the government I definitely wouldn't put him on the nightly news until we had a way to combat him or to tell everyone to run for the hills....

Would we be modern day? If we are then with things like Youtube I'm betting that mutants are pretty known. Then again if J.J. is putting them in the Bugle then mutants all definitely known about.

JDrew Spider

I think mutant existence should be very newly known  and I think public knowledge of Apocalypse should be disclosed until he decides to make himself known.

Who would play Apocalypse? NPC?

Spider Hole
Apologies

AribethAmkiir

I'd agree with JD and Sasquatch.  Mutants, in my opinion, would be fairly new and possibly not understood or explained.   Apocalypse, I think, would be a secret.  No matter the universe or how we alter the character, I don't see him doing public appearances until he's ready to act.

Vamfire Havain

is there a X Men roleplay topic yet?
My Roleplay Preferences and O/Os:

Embrace the darkness for it will relieve you from the stresses of light