The Gauntlet Has Been Thrown: The Future of Superhero Movies

Started by Mathim, November 18, 2014, 02:35:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainNexus616

Well to be fair he did get one heck of an suit upgrade for no charge other than going to try and stop Captain America's team at the airport. Also remember this is the same Tony Stark that gave a REALLY NICE car to a kid who was still years away from driving for helping him in Iron Man 3. That's something I can really see Tony doing since he's pretty much has a bottomless wallet. So he probably threw something extra along as well to help Peter out.

To my understanding Tony Stark's role in the upcoming Spider-Man movie hasn't been specified so how much screen time he can get is up to debate. He could be popping in every now and then on Peter just to make sure he's doing ok. Or maybe he'll take on a mentor role to the younger hero. You can tell in Civil War he's got Stark up on a pedestal. It would be interesting to see this younger Spidey trying to compare himself to the guy who carried a nuke through a wormhole into space, and starts to put himself down for not measuring up. With the story developing into Peter realizing his own strengths and that while he respects Iron Man for what he's done. Peter Parker doesn't need to be Iron Man, but Spider-Man instead.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FLIP THIS TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) FLIP THAT TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ \(`Д´)/ ︵ ┻━┻ FLIP ALL THE TABLES
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ Sorry, I just dropped my bag of Doritos in my signature again. ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄┐( °ー ° )┌

Lustful Bride

Quote from: CaptainNexus616 on August 24, 2016, 10:52:14 PM
To my understanding Tony Stark's role in the upcoming Spider-Man movie hasn't been specified so how much screen time he can get is up to debate. He could be popping in every now and then on Peter just to make sure he's doing ok. Or maybe he'll take on a mentor role to the younger hero. You can tell in Civil War he's got Stark up on a pedestal. It would be interesting to see this younger Spidey trying to compare himself to the guy who carried a nuke through a wormhole into space, and starts to put himself down for not measuring up. With the story developing into Peter realizing he's his own strengths and that while he respects Iron Man for what he's done. Peter Parker doesn't need to be Iron Man, but Spider-Man instead.

I kind of like that idea actually.

SapphireStar

According to a report, Gambit has been pulled from the Fox lineup of upcoming movies. THough they still list the movie as TBA. Kinburg citing the lack of script as reason for the delay.

Announcements are being made about who all may be appearing in the upcoming Avengers Infinty movies. Captain Marvel. Adam Warlock (a must since he is tied to the infinity gems, having the Soul Gem). Amadeus Cho (super genius). Mar-Vell (he has ties to Carol Danvers and how she got her powers). Beta Ray Bill.

Jona Xiao from Halt and Catch Fire has been cast in a mysterious role in Spider-Man: Homecoming.

Details about the Big Bad in Arrow season five is that he is an archer named Prometheus, and that Oliver will be sooo shocked to see who it is. Two guess. Tommy Merlyn is brought back from the dead through mystical means. Second guess, Robert Queen. Other details about the villain is that he has suffered at the hands and/or arrows of Oliver. Back in season 1, Oliver lied to Tommy about what he was doing, didn't believe Tommy would not be selling drugs, three, told Tommy to make things work with Laurel, yet Oliver went over and had sex with Laurel just after he said that and Tommy saw them. And, there will be similarlities with the tactics Prometheus's uses and the Dark Archer from Season 1. In the comics, the Dark Archer was Tommy Merlyn.

mia h

They announced the big bad for Arrow season 5 a couple of months back as Tobias Church played by Chad Coleman. It was also released that Church has an associate named James, who would seem to be a better fit for Prometheus. As they've tied the big bad into the flashbacks in previous seasons I'd guess that James\Prometheus is connected to the Bratva story.
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

SapphireStar

The reports stated that Prometheus has ties to Oliver from back in Season 1 and that he has suffered at the hands of Oliver or by his arrows.  The hints being dropped point towards Tommy Merlyn. With Thea turning against him, who does Malcolm have left? Tommy. Since they resurrected Sara through the Lazarus pit and used magic to put her soul back, Malcolm has probably done the same. Flashbacks were not mentioned, technically anything that happened with Anatoli would have occured prior to Season 1 beginning. The big bad in the flashbacks is played by Dolph Lundgren.

Guggenheim stated that Prometheus has similarities to season 1 Dark Archer/Malcolm Merlyn, and fights in the same way as well. Guggenheim also stated that Oliver would be shocked to see who Prometheus is. Again, points to Tommy. Producers stated that he is connected to Oliver in a way that makes him far more formidable then Damien Darhk or Ra's al Ghul. Again, points to Tommy. They were best friends. Oliver basically screwed things up with Tommy, and shattered everything he was trying to build. Malcolm probably used the Lazarus Pit to ressurrect Tommy before Nyssa destroyed it and went to Damien Darhk and struck a deal to bring Tommy back, and Malcolm would help him. Its also stated that Reverse Flash, Damien Darhk and Malcolm Merlyn will form up an Injustice Society team. 

Producers stated that Prometheus will connect the new season back to Season 1. Nothing was mentioned about Tobias Church, though he is one of several villains appearing in Season 5.  It appears Prometheus is the overall big bad like Dark Archer/Malcolm Merlyn was in Season 1. Not the first time a character who returned has used an assumed name to keep their originial identity secret, especially one believed dead and on a quest for revenge.

mia h

Well the biggest problem with Tommy returning is that Colin Donell is a series regular on Chicago Med, so he won't have the time to appear on both shows, on the other hand Colton Haynes isn't busy. So maybe a Flashpoint effected Roy?

I got from what they were saying that the return to season 1 was also about "the mission", so following up on Robert Queen's list, fixing the Glades etc.

As for the villain team up Captain Cold, Eobard, Darhk & Merlyn forming the Legion of Doom was announced last month, with the actors having contracts that allow them to appear on all of the DCW shows. With Katie Cassidy having the same kind of contract I wonder if Black Siren will join the Legion, and with Neal McDonough & Patrick Adams in the extended cast how long before there is a line about courtroom dramas and lawyers as they both appear in Suits.

SapphireStar

They already did the Roy going rogue thing in Season 4 when he was being blackmailed into working for the Calculator/Felicity's father. It would be a jump the shark moment for the producers to do that again. It's not unheard of for actor's to commute. The guy who plays Elijah on the Originals commutes between shows to work on the Originals and on the Canadian tv drama Saving Hope. Tricia Helfer was working on Battlestar Galactica when she guest starred on Burn Notice. Wil Wheaton was working on Eureka while he was guest starring on Leverage. There was talk about having Colin back.

Colin Donnell in an interview expressed interest in returning to Arrow and even stated that "there's got to be something where an evil Tommy pops up. I want him to be totally different then what he was before." From an interview on Jan. 18 2016.

http://www.tvline.com/2016/01/18/arrow-tommy-return-colin-donnell-chicago-med-spoilers/

Mathim

Man, I can't wait for these CW shows' seasons that just ended to get onto Netflix. Should be soon, I would think.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

mia h

Interesting 'leak' doing the rounds

The Flash has been pushed back a month to make way for the Tomb Raider reboot.
No Cyborg stand alone movie.
New Gods is a big addition to the slate.
Not sure about the Titans TV show, as they were trying to do this at TNT for a while but it never came together.

SapphireStar

Release dates have changed for some of the films. This "leaked" document is speculative like the anonymous letter from the employee from Warner Bros.

Flash March 2018
Aquaman July 2018
Batman (unconfirmed still) October 2018 possibly
Shazam April 2019
Justice League part 2 June 2019
Untitled DC film November 2019 (according to reports looks to be Man of Steel 2)
Cyborg April 2020
Green Lantern Corps July 2020 (no details on who the main character will be though sources say John Stewart)
Harley Quinn (no release date)
Lobo (in development)
The Sandman (unconfirmed. Neil Gaiman and David Goyer working on development)
Dark Universe (Justice League Dark) in development with Doug Liman as director
Metal Men (in development, no other details)

Doug Liman is currently working on the Justice League Dark project, Dark Universe. The live action adaptation of Justice League Dark. The anitmater movie is still a go.

The Titans tv show was pulled and a no go on TNT. There is talks about reviving Young Justice for a season 3, but so far nothing.

George Miller is currently producer on Justice League. Zack Synder is listed as directing both Justice league movies according to various reports.

It was reported that Edgar Wright isn't interested because he doesn't want to give up creative control. Everything seems to be leaning towards J.J. Abrams for directing Man of Steel 2.

Brainiac is being mentioned as being the big bad in Justice League. I wonder if that is Colin Farrell's mysterious role in the film?

Looks like there is a Birds of Prey movie in the works with Black Canary. Black Canary appears to be in the process of being cast for Justice League part 1.

Cyborg movie has been announced. Release date Feb. 2020.

The New Gods have been mentioned in Batman v Superman. At least the evil ones. Steppenwulf is one of the heavy hitters in Justice League.

Mathim

Quote from: SapphireStar on August 27, 2016, 09:05:52 PM
Release dates have changed for some of the films. This "leaked" document is speculative like the anonymous letter from the employee from Warner Bros.

Flash March 2018
Aquaman July 2018
Batman (unconfirmed still) October 2018 possibly
Shazam April 2019
Justice League part 2 June 2019
Untitled DC film November 2019 (according to reports looks to be Man of Steel 2)
Cyborg April 2020
Green Lantern Corps July 2020 (no details on who the main character will be though sources say John Stewart)
Harley Quinn (no release date)
Lobo (in development)
The Sandman (unconfirmed. Neil Gaiman and David Goyer working on development)
Dark Universe (Justice League Dark) in development with Doug Liman as director
Metal Men (in development, no other details)

Doug Liman is currently working on the Justice League Dark project, Dark Universe. The live action adaptation of Justice League Dark. The anitmater movie is still a go.

The Titans tv show was pulled and a no go on TNT. There is talks about reviving Young Justice for a season 3, but so far nothing.

George Miller is currently producer on Justice League. Zack Synder is listed as directing both Justice league movies according to various reports.

It was reported that Edgar Wright isn't interested because he doesn't want to give up creative control. Everything seems to be leaning towards J.J. Abrams for directing Man of Steel 2.

Brainiac is being mentioned as being the big bad in Justice League. I wonder if that is Colin Farrell's mysterious role in the film?

Looks like there is a Birds of Prey movie in the works with Black Canary. Black Canary appears to be in the process of being cast for Justice League part 1.

Cyborg movie has been announced. Release date Feb. 2020.

The New Gods have been mentioned in Batman v Superman. At least the evil ones. Steppenwulf is one of the heavy hitters in Justice League.

They're going to have a hard time doing better than The Main Man from the first season of Superman: The Animated Series. "L for Lacerate! O for Obliterate! B for disemBoweling!" LMAO.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

SapphireStar

They had Lobo in an episode of Young Justice. He hardly spoke except in an alien tongue. I think Warner Bros. is putting it in production to go up against Deadpool. Ron Perlman would be perfect for the role. Though I heard he was being looked at to play Swamp Thing.

I saw an interview with one of the writers on Gotham who stated that "Superhero shows don't work on tv". What? Isn't Gotham technically a superhero show? Delving into the origins of various characters who become who they become.

Another report speculated that the X-Men might appear in Avengers: Infinity War. Highly doubt it.

Mathim

Quote from: SapphireStar on August 27, 2016, 10:07:37 PM
They had Lobo in an episode of Young Justice. He hardly spoke except in an alien tongue. I think Warner Bros. is putting it in production to go up against Deadpool. Ron Perlman would be perfect for the role. Though I heard he was being looked at to play Swamp Thing.

I saw an interview with one of the writers on Gotham who stated that "Superhero shows don't work on tv". What? Isn't Gotham technically a superhero show? Delving into the origins of various characters who become who they become.

Another report speculated that the X-Men might appear in Avengers: Infinity War. Highly doubt it.

Ol' Ronnie's getting a tad old, although Cable might be right up his alley.

And fuck that dumbass Gotham writer, they've got tons of good TV that proved that statement wrong years before they said it. That's someone completely thoughtless who obviously shouldn't be doing this if they don't believe in it. That's called being a hypocrite and a sellout. Besides being a complete jackass for saying something flatly untrue.

And yeah, I heard about the X-Men maybe integrating. Does Fox want to look weak now? At least Sony put their tail between their legs, but since at least the X-Men franchise is fairly strong with Fox, until that one starts doing F4 level bad, they'll try to keep it to themselves at every turn.

SapphireStar

There's rumors that two of the actors from the reboot of FF4 said they might be interested in returning to do another FF4. Just no.

Fox is walking a thin line. The last x-men movie was so-so. Rather effects heavy, light on plot. Fox's New Mutants is going forward. Rumor is that possible casting for Wolfsbane might go to Maisie Williams.

I can't think of many others who could pull off playing Lobo.

Mathim

Quote from: SapphireStar on August 27, 2016, 10:34:25 PM
There's rumors that two of the actors from the reboot of FF4 said they might be interested in returning to do another FF4. Just no.

Fox is walking a thin line. The last x-men movie was so-so. Rather effects heavy, light on plot. Fox's New Mutants is going forward. Rumor is that possible casting for Wolfsbane might go to Maisie Williams.

I can't think of many others who could pull off playing Lobo.

Well MBJ can't be one of them since he's Kilmonger in Black Panther...unless he's just that damn stupid and I really don't want to believe that. But the things I've heard...

Fox is, yes, walking a thin line. While XM: A was very visually intriguing, and had its moments, it just overreached itself with its villain and fell back on a very crappy Deus Ex Machina as a result. Their success with Deadpool was a righteous slap in the face to the execs who did everything they could do fuck it up every step of the way, and yet nobody's getting axed, only praised. Did DC catch their incompetence disease from Fox or the other way around, I wonder?

As far as Lobo goes, are you talking physique or acting-wise?

mia h

Flash March 2018
The Tomb Raider reboot is scheduled for release on the same weekend as The Flash, as they are both WB productions that won't happen. The Tomb Raider release date was the last one to be announced so I think the part of the release that has The Flash moving is accurate.

There is talks about reviving Young Justice for a season 3, but so far nothing.
Young Justice was cancelled because while lots of people were watching it, the associated toy sales weren't good enough so the plug was pulled. I doubt that rationale has changed.

Filming for Justice League began in the middle of April, so by this point they've finished principle photography and won't be looking to add anyone to the cast.

SapphireStar

Both physical appearance and acting. Unless the cast Rory McCann from Game of Thrones, I think he played the Hound. Or, Kristofer Hivju also from Game of Thrones, and he is in the upcoming Fast 8. Both could possibly play Lobo.

Toy sales rarely have an effect on the cancellation of a show. Several shows got cancelled a few years ago due to the writers strike. Two of which were Justice League Unlimited and He-Man and the Masters of the Universe. The strike affected alot of shows, some of which resulted in several seasons being shortened. Ratings also plays a factor for shows being cancelled but not always. Creators of the He-Man show said if it hadn't been cancelled the season 3 would have introduced She-Ra and the completion of the war with the Snakemen as Serpos had been released towards end of season 2. The comics tried to remedy what would have been a season 3 with several renewals including the series through DC comics.

Justice League part two is still in the works, and they're still casting. They haven't picked or decided which Green Lantern to use. There is still a lot of secrecy as to who all is involved character wise. Some speculate Jena Malone will be back in her role which appears to be Barabra Gordon? Others speculate Brainaic will appear, which I could see since he could "work" with Darkseid, or be attacking Apokolips like he did in the Justice League cartoon?

Mathim

Quote from: SapphireStar on August 28, 2016, 03:31:01 PM
Both physical appearance and acting. Unless the cast Rory McCann from Game of Thrones, I think he played the Hound. Or, Kristofer Hivju also from Game of Thrones, and he is in the upcoming Fast 8. Both could possibly play Lobo.

Toy sales rarely have an effect on the cancellation of a show. Several shows got cancelled a few years ago due to the writers strike. Two of which were Justice League Unlimited and He-Man and the Masters of the Universe. The strike affected alot of shows, some of which resulted in several seasons being shortened. Ratings also plays a factor for shows being cancelled but not always. Creators of the He-Man show said if it hadn't been cancelled the season 3 would have introduced She-Ra and the completion of the war with the Snakemen as Serpos had been released towards end of season 2. The comics tried to remedy what would have been a season 3 with several renewals including the series through DC comics.

Justice League part two is still in the works, and they're still casting. They haven't picked or decided which Green Lantern to use. There is still a lot of secrecy as to who all is involved character wise. Some speculate Jena Malone will be back in her role which appears to be Barabra Gordon? Others speculate Brainaic will appear, which I could see since he could "work" with Darkseid, or be attacking Apokolips like he did in the Justice League cartoon?

What the crap? They didn't set up Brainiac in Man of Steel, so where the hell did he come from?

SapphireStar

Several reports seem to speculating the same thing. Either Brainaic may appear in Justice League or be used in Man of Steel 2. I guess they figure that with the attack Zod made on Earth then the appearance of Steppenwulf and possibly Darkseid could be written that it put Earth on the map for other intergalactic beings. Brainaic was known as a worldeater, consuming all knowledge then destroying the world. Plus, Earth has the last surviving Kryptonian. Though possible details of Man of Steel 2 may introduce Supergirl.

mia h

Quote from: SapphireStar on August 28, 2016, 03:31:01 PM
Toy sales rarely have an effect on the cancellation of a show.

Greg Weisman, showrunner for Young Justice on the reason for it's cancelation.
The big thing was that the budget for the show was paid for by money we received from Mattel in exchange for the toy license. When the toy line for Young Justice failed, the money from Mattel stopped coming in, and there was no money to make the show. It's that simple.

I honestly doubt they've started casting for Justice League 2, I'd have thought that the roles of Billy Baston and Shazam would be a more pressing concern along with the villain(s) for The Flash. As for potential Green Lanterns, Hal Jordan would be the obvious choice but after the failed GL movie they might want to ignore him. Guy Gardner wouldn't work as he's too much of an ass to be a movie lead. John Stewart might work but I always thought his was the least interesting GL. The new GL's Simon Baz and Jessica Cruz would be interesting choices, the characters are still new so they are blank slates. Also adding a Muslim and another female lead wouldn't hurt the diversity profile of DCEU.

SapphireStar

Looks like a DC actor is expressing interest to be the next Wolverine. Jonathan Schaech who plays Jonah Hex on Legends of Tomorrow. Though, it seems Fox might continue on with X-23 after Wolverine 3.

Apparently the villains for The Flash movie will be the Rogues. Which will probably Captain Cold, Captain Boomerang, Mirror Master and The Trickster.

Its being reported that the Green Lantern they want to focus on is John Stewart. Tyrese Gibson has expressed interest in playing the character and has been the frontrunner in casting process. Also possible they would focus on Hal Jordan being the original and most recognizable for audiences along with John Stewart and Kyle Rainer. The Dark Universe movie will be adding more female characters to the DCEU with Zatanna.

Mathim

Quote from: SapphireStar on August 28, 2016, 03:53:19 PM
Several reports seem to speculating the same thing. Either Brainaic may appear in Justice League or be used in Man of Steel 2. I guess they figure that with the attack Zod made on Earth then the appearance of Steppenwulf and possibly Darkseid could be written that it put Earth on the map for other intergalactic beings. Brainaic was known as a worldeater, consuming all knowledge then destroying the world. Plus, Earth has the last surviving Kryptonian. Though possible details of Man of Steel 2 may introduce Supergirl.

Yeah, Luthor really fucked Earth by putting them on the radar. I mean, what the hell was his endgame? He couldn't control Doomsday, what the hell could he have possibly thought he could do to benefit from or control something from Apokolips? But I'm on board with Supergirl coming in at a later time, though depending on her origin I don't know which direction they're going, is she Kryptonian and if so what are they going to do with her escape from the destruction and her relation to Clark.

Quote from: SapphireStar on August 28, 2016, 04:52:05 PM
Looks like a DC actor is expressing interest to be the next Wolverine. Jonathan Schaech who plays Jonah Hex on Legends of Tomorrow. Though, it seems Fox might continue on with X-23 after Wolverine 3.

Apparently the villains for The Flash movie will be the Rogues. Which will probably Captain Cold, Captain Boomerang, Mirror Master and The Trickster.

Its being reported that the Green Lantern they want to focus on is John Stewart. Tyrese Gibson has expressed interest in playing the character and has been the frontrunner in casting process. Also possible they would focus on Hal Jordan being the original and most recognizable for audiences along with John Stewart and Kyle Rainer. The Dark Universe movie will be adding more female characters to the DCEU with Zatanna.

X-23 should have been a plot point from The Wolverine (in that snoozefest, it would have been the best plot point, really) but that was just one of many missed opportunities.

I love the idea of the Flash dealing with an ensemble of villains right out of the gate, I don't think many superhero flicks do that, or at least no more than 2 major ones.

And the next GL movie is called Green Lantern Corps, so it's unlikely they'll be limited to just one Green Lantern. We may see every human GL in their pantheon in it.

SapphireStar

I don't think he had an endgame. At least that is how his character is portrayed. Previous portrayals had him calculating and ruthless, always plotting five moves ahead, figuring out the next play if the current one doesn't work. If they are going to have Supergirl, they might be going with partial origin story from Superman/Batman: Apocalypse where Kara crash lands on Earth, unfamiliar with it, etc. Clark would have to show her how to fit in. They could say her ship was caught up in the explosion of Krypton. It was damaged which caused its delay entry to Earth.

I have yet to watch The Wolverine movie. The Viper character didn't seem well developed. Seemed more like a cardboard cut out villain then the ruthless character from the comics. They could have played up her immortality and that she was married to Wolverine. Dunno, aside from Deadpool, I'm on the fence about the future of the X-men movies.

True, they could feature all the human Green Lanterns as well as the other ones like Kilowog, etc. Though, it would be best for them to focus on one of the Earth Green Lanterns. Either Hal Jordan or John Stewart. I'm not too familiar with the enemies they face other then Sinestro. Who would be the overall antagonist? It would be a bold move if they used Parallax.

Mathim

Quote from: SapphireStar on August 28, 2016, 10:42:33 PM
I don't think he had an endgame. At least that is how his character is portrayed. Previous portrayals had him calculating and ruthless, always plotting five moves ahead, figuring out the next play if the current one doesn't work. If they are going to have Supergirl, they might be going with partial origin story from Superman/Batman: Apocalypse where Kara crash lands on Earth, unfamiliar with it, etc. Clark would have to show her how to fit in. They could say her ship was caught up in the explosion of Krypton. It was damaged which caused its delay entry to Earth.

I have yet to watch The Wolverine movie. The Viper character didn't seem well developed. Seemed more like a cardboard cut out villain then the ruthless character from the comics. They could have played up her immortality and that she was married to Wolverine. Dunno, aside from Deadpool, I'm on the fence about the future of the X-men movies.

True, they could feature all the human Green Lanterns as well as the other ones like Kilowog, etc. Though, it would be best for them to focus on one of the Earth Green Lanterns. Either Hal Jordan or John Stewart. I'm not too familiar with the enemies they face other then Sinestro. Who would be the overall antagonist? It would be a bold move if they used Parallax.

NOTHING in The Wolverine was developed. They tried (poorly) to tell a better story than in Origins and because that meant sacrificing other mutants and therefore the spectacle that goes along with that, it didn't even have that many redeeming qualities. Plus the fact that he himself never got the chance to develop any ninja skill himself meant that a valuable part of his (comic-book counterpart) character was missed out on. If you've waited this long and still haven't seen it, I'd say just don't bother at this point. The one that came after (Days of Future Past) was so much better it totally made up for it.

It's not unheard of for multiple human/Earthling Green Lanterns to be on duty at the same time, is it? They had quite a few in the JL cartoon. But maybe the Black Lanterns? Get the whole spectrum up in there, maybe allow Sinestro the opportunity to build his own Sinestro Corps and create a large conflict that involves all the different shades in something like a free-for-all or at least building multiple colors into opposing armies. They could subtitle it: Darkest Night or Blackest Night or however they phrase it in their oath.

SapphireStar

From what I remember, originally wasn't is supposed to be one Green Lanetern per sector they were assigned? Hal Jordan was the first human. Though it could be possible that other humans after him were picked and assigned to other sectors or to protect the Green Lanterns main base of operation.

They did briefly show Hal Jordan in the Once and Future Thing episode when John Stewart was briefly replaced. Kyle Rainer was shown in the episode where Amazo shifted Ooa to another dimension on his way back to Earth to get Luthor. Though they briefly had a Green Lantern animated show on Cartoon Network before it was cancelled. The only problem with the Black Lanterns is that it would leave out a whole host of characters who became one, like Aquaman, etc. Blackest Night brought in the other Lantern Corps. Supergirl was a Red Lantern. Not much details are being released about it. Same with the Shazam movie.