Interest check in small DnD 3.5 Homebrew setting. (Closed)

Started by Inkidu, December 13, 2011, 03:37:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cryorage

The question that once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own. And yet, how ironic…
For I now find I have no choice at all.

I am a warrior. Let the battle be joined.
~Dinobot

Inkidu

Okay, now none of this is final per se, but as it stands we've got:

An elf sorcerer.
A half-elf rogue.
A human cleric
An Ochin'Aque druid

Possibly a hitter.

We need something. There's an awful lot of squishy in this party.

Also name changes for classes are

Sorcerer (Shaman for humans, chanters for dwarves, and weavers for elves)
Clerics (Priests)
Fighters (depends on race and origin)
Rangers (Pathfinders)

I think everything else is good as it is, and paladins will be variable like fighters. Not saying anyone has to take any of these classes just explaining what they would be in-game.

Gary, since your class and race are pretty much intertwined your class will probably not be spoken of as separate from being a spirit-folk. 
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

cryorage

workin on it lol if i cant convince you in pm ill prolly do elven fighter then.  should be the next best thing.  cause hey extra feats heh, even if i do loose all the fun stuff.
The question that once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own. And yet, how ironic…

~Dinobot

Gary Stargazer

Official fanboy of Oreo. <3
Allow me to show you how I like to play. <3
I'm not just a member of The Oreo Fan Club, I'm the president.

DRoux

Any limitations on splatbooks? I'm asking mostly for Song and Silence and Complete Scoundrel.
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Apologies to all whom I play YIM games with, but my account seems to have locked me out. I'll try to fix that as soon as I can.

Inkidu

Quote from: Gary Stargazer on December 24, 2011, 12:20:30 PM
Still need to know about that wild shape question.
Yeah, I've spent way too long trying to figure that out, and from what I can tell you're pretty much correct. Oh, and the spirit folk don't like obsidian, it's basically a replacement for cold iron.

DRoux. I don't have Song and Silence, but I do have the Complete Scoundrel, so feel free to use that one. Just stay away from crossbows of the repeating variety. Too high tech for this setting, since this games era is basically late B.C.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

DRoux

Quote from: Inkidu on December 24, 2011, 12:28:44 PM
I don't have Song and Silence, but I do have the Complete Scoundrel, so feel free to use that one. Just stay away from crossbows of the repeating variety. Too high tech for this setting, since this games era is basically late B.C.

You got it.  8-)
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Apologies to all whom I play YIM games with, but my account seems to have locked me out. I'll try to fix that as soon as I can.

Inkidu

ATTENTION!

The point-buy terms have been clarified. Everyone please look over your character sheets. This should give you one really good stat, or two actually. I never think anyone will actually do that though. X)

Muse

Sorry, where? 

(Song and Silence is a 3.0 source.  It was published in paperback.  Mine didn't last long enough to sell to the used shelf when 3.5 came out.) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Inkidu

Quote from: Muse on December 24, 2011, 03:27:28 PM
Sorry, where? 

(Song and Silence is a 3.0 source.  It was published in paperback.  Mine didn't last long enough to sell to the used shelf when 3.5 came out.)
Near the end of the first post is where I put the point-buy rules.

Sorry, it's my first forum game, my first point-buy game, and I just keep re-reading everything trying to make it as clear as possible. XD

Inkidu

Just to get this out here. I want some kind of copy of your character sheet. It can be a link to it on another site, it can be an image, but something. I just need to be able to look at the particulars. :D

Muse

A thoguht about you fairy race: 

-2 strength
-2 Constitution
+2 Intelegence or wisdom. 
+2 charisma. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Inkidu

Quote from: Muse on December 24, 2011, 05:46:07 PM
A thoguht about you fairy race: 

-2 strength
-2 Constitution
+2 Intelegence or wisdom. 
+2 charisma.
Well they already take a -2 to con, and then they get a +2 to cha. Plus I cut their skill bonuses in half. Maybe I'll let their affinities give or take some depending.

cryorage

Quote from: Inkidu on December 24, 2011, 04:47:33 PM
Just to get this out here. I want some kind of copy of your character sheet. It can be a link to it on another site, it can be an image, but something. I just need to be able to look at the particulars. :D

anyone know where to do/get any of that?  i dont even know off hand.

~Dinobot

Gary Stargazer

Quote from: Inkidu on December 24, 2011, 07:29:05 PM
Well they already take a -2 to con, and then they get a +2 to cha. Plus I cut their skill bonuses in half. Maybe I'll let their affinities give or take some depending.

I'm sorry maybe my brain isn't functioning well since I only had like 3 hours of sleep yesterday. So do I do -2 con +2 cha and then pick +2 to either wis/int? or am I interchanging the +2 cha between the other two stats?

Also you said use a 10 point spread then 36 point buy like PF. does that mean I should build my char like a pathfinder char, or should I build it like 3.5?

Inkidu

Quote from: Gary Stargazer on December 24, 2011, 09:46:19 PM

I'm sorry maybe my brain isn't functioning well since I only had like 3 hours of sleep yesterday. So do I do -2 con +2 cha and then pick +2 to either wis/int? or am I interchanging the +2 cha between the other two stats?

Also you said use a 10 point spread then 36 point buy like PF. does that mean I should build my char like a pathfinder char, or should I build it like 3.5?

3.5 and interchangeable with the charisma bonus. Also spell-like abilities interchange.

Gary Stargazer

Ok I will start working on it after i dig up a good char generator for 3.5, i had almost had one built but i was using PF for it. I hope you will forgive me if I give my fairy con penalties, I could easily have it at even but druids get a hit dice of D8 and honestly I can't give a fairy a 8+ hp per level with a straight face.

Inkidu

Quote from: Gary Stargazer on December 25, 2011, 12:35:55 AM
Ok I will start working on it after i dig up a good char generator for 3.5, i had almost had one built but i was using PF for it. I hope you will forgive me if I give my fairy con penalties, I could easily have it at even but druids get a hit dice of D8 and honestly I can't give a fairy a 8+ hp per level with a straight face.
If you don't put anything into con the fairy will always have an eight anyway. :\ Bastard will probably be hard to hit anyway because of its size.

On the character sheets: I've always found the best solution is a site like myth-weaver.com. Join it, for free, and it will let you create and save sheets only editable by you, but as long as you keep it public you can link the sheet right to me. Just some advice for everyone.

I'll start an OOC thread fairly soon.

Inkidu

Inkidu

So our game's rogue is nowhere to be found. I'm going to go ahead and extend the request for a new one. It comes with some stipulations.

1. Don't be an elf, we've got two.
2. The original player has three days from the posting of this message to get back in the game. I'm just letting you know so I don't waste your time. She hasn't responded in about a week with no notice, but if she does this is closed. High risk, high reward. :)

Everything you need to know is in this thread.

Videospirit

Any luck with this? A beguiler or scout or anything with trapfinding would probably work really.

Gary Stargazer

Ya know I did want to originally make my char a rogue but you made me play a druid. >:3

I got a friend that's interested but she is kinda limited at this point to human or half-orc, and she isn't thrilled by those two choices.

IndigoKitty

Hi! I'm slightly interested in this game you've set up and I'm willing to be the rogue you're looking for. I have a question, though.

I saw that you don't want elves. Would half-elves also be a no? Just wanting to check before I start thinking up something else.

Gary Stargazer