News:

Main Menu

Mistborn

Started by PennySludt, December 11, 2015, 03:45:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PennySludt

Lol! One of the perks of living in a place with public transportation! I have to drive myself, so it's either audiobooks or music. But like I said, Michael Kramer is a dead bore!
May Evaporate Without Warning, But It Doesn't Mean I've Dropped The Game! I'll Always Notify If I Don't Want To Continue!

Vergil Tanner

Yeah, he isn't great. You need to make your own, as you suggested!
Oooh. Maybe get a group of friends to sit down and make an Audiobook, each of them doing different characters :P
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

PennySludt

Oh that would be aMAZing! Like an old radio play almost! Hmmm...I don't have any in-person friends, but maybe something like a Skype session with different people...
May Evaporate Without Warning, But It Doesn't Mean I've Dropped The Game! I'll Always Notify If I Don't Want To Continue!

Ko

I'd recommend Mistborn on Audible too. There's something powerfully satisfying in having a trained voice read it to you.

I'll be downloading the second book next month.
✓ Is there synergy? My ONs & OFFs
✓ I'd like to hear your sexy RP idea.  Or you could check out one of mine.

PennySludt

PennySludt

Ah, yeah, still Michael Kramer. I listened to the preview clip from the library and I can't stand it :P

PennySludt

PennySludt

Vergil Tanner

LOL, pretty much. XD When I first read it, I recommended it to everybody I could. XD Went a bit mad on it, I did. XD

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

PennySludt

Oh I can SO empathize!

PennySludt

Got a rough recording made of the prologue! Hopefully this is gonna work.

Vergil Tanner

PennySludt

Trying to edit it but I can't quite figure out the program. :p

stormwyrm

Well, I finished it a few months ago, and it was indeed excellent, but I’m getting the feeling that Mr. Sanderson may in fact exceed it with the Stormlight Archive series. I’ll get around to reading the second trilogy in a bit, maybe after I finish Elantris and some other books on my list.
If there is such a phenomenon as absolute evil, it consists in treating another human being as a thing.
O/OA/A, Requests

PennySludt

The second trilogy is sort of like a magic steampunk wild West thing! It's fun :D

PennySludt

Okay, I couldn't resist making a collage of the characters, as I see them from the book's descriptions, at least.

mackehnry44

No I didn't read them yet but interested.

PennySludt

Oh you definitely definitely should!

Sasquatch421

Need to read The Hero of Ages yet, but I enjoy them... Doesn't hurt that Brandon Sanderson was born in my home state of Nebraska....

mackehnry44

Kaspider

I should not have read The Wheel of Time. Every other fantasy series look babies to me now. This one is good though. Magic system is brilliant.
I don't see the future. I don't worry about the past. Now's all I have.

Sugo

You find Michael Kramer a bore! How dare you! I loved his Audio books for all 6 of the Mistborn books!!

This is my all time favourite novel series, I absolutely loved this book and it's my favourite by far, I'm so sad that we wont really see any adaptions of it in the near future. I even table top roleplay Mistborn pretty regularly!
100px isn't enough for any of my sigs Vekseid ;___;

I suffer from intermittent stints of depression. I may disappear for extended period of times when my motivation hits a rut.

RampantDesires

Speaking of Mistborn table top ... you can Humble book bundle - Brandon Sanderson includes lots of awesome stuff including some of the RPG pdfs.

They say best men are moulded out of faults, and, for the most part, become much more the better for being a little bad...
Absences 11/10 ≈ BlindfoldsRequests ≈  On's and Offs
<THIS SPACE PRETTIFIED SOON>
Tentatively Open to a few more 1v1's but also come write with me in Grey Matters--->

AmberStarfire

It would've been good if I'd seen that before I picked up Snapshot (which was great, by the way). Alloy of Law is also excellent (and I haven't read a lot of the others), but the $15 option looks good to me. If I didn't already have some of the books (and there were ones not available in my region), I'd go for it.

Sugo

Yes I saw the Humble Bundle! I'm excited. My group is going to be starting a Wax/Wayne style Mistborn story soon! I'm super hype to play in that.
100px isn't enough for any of my sigs Vekseid ;___;

I suffer from intermittent stints of depression. I may disappear for extended period of times when my motivation hits a rut.