View Message by Status / A Way to "Star" Messages?

Started by Caeli, May 09, 2009, 01:53:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caeli

Not entirely sure if these suggestions are possible, but I was digging through my inbox for PMs I might have lost / forgotten to reply to, and thought of a couple of features.

1. Automatic filter (similar to the Sent Mail and Inbox links) to sort messages by their status - replied-to / forwarded, and those that have not been replied to.

I've found that on busy days, I'll check through my messages and try to keep track of ones that I want to come back to, or reply to, later - however, sometimes this means I won't actually ever return to them. Typically, I don't reply to these messages, so it would be nice to have a link where I could view only PMs that I haven't send replies to yet.

2. "Star" message feature.

Similar to what GMail has, though it's fine if it's not a star. But the ability to make some kind of notation (important, come back to later, etc.) would also come in handy. I currently have a IMPORTANT READ NOW label, but I don't always remember to label my messages, and it's a bit unwieldy.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Rhapsody

In this vein...

I also don't know if this is possible, but My Bookmarks are getting numerous with both my own stories and stories I'm watching because I enjoy reading them, and I was wondering if it was at all viable to add an additional filter to them, perhaps a board division style of My Threads and Other Threads, to separate out those waiting for personal replies and those listed purely for enjoyment.
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP
|| O&O || Requests ||  A&A ||
Current Posting Speed: 1-2 times per week

Come to me, just in a dream. Come on and rescue me.
Yes, I know. I can be wrong. Maybe I'm too headstrong.

Greenthorn

Quote from: Rhapsody on May 12, 2009, 11:23:50 PM
In this vein...

I also don't know if this is possible, but My Bookmarks are getting numerous with both my own stories and stories I'm watching because I enjoy reading them, and I was wondering if it was at all viable to add an additional filter to them, perhaps a board division style of My Threads and Other Threads, to separate out those waiting for personal replies and those listed purely for enjoyment.

Can put one group in notify and the other in bookmarks.  Notify sends you an email...so choose which group is better for that!

jouzinka

Or track your games via "Show new replies to your posts." :-)
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A