A Killbot of Mars [Eclipse Phase FATE, Non-Con: Exotic] (FULL)

Started by ThisOneGal, February 01, 2016, 07:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThisOneGal

Quote from: FarFetched on February 05, 2016, 07:15:16 PM
I'm gonna stick with Jane's aspects though

That's totally fine.  ;D

In general, don't stress out about your Aspects too much. They're important, sure, but they can and will change (sometimes by choice, sometimes because you fucked up so bad you don't have a choice). If you come up with a better one mid-game, it's not a huge deal to change it.

wander

I believe my 4th Aspect (the Misc one) is pretty much the same as my High Concept... Ideally I think I'd like something that differs from that but is still at the core of the character...

Anyone have any ideas?

FarFetched

AndyZ

You have these Motivations listed.

Motivations: +Infosensualism, +Transparency -Biochauvanists.

Searching the core book didn't come up with anything on infosensualism, and not really sure what Transparency means, unless it's something akin to "Information wants to be free."

I think I'd suggest going with some sort of slogan that's common to him, maybe that one and maybe not at your discretion.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

ThisOneGal

Bleh, I slept like crap last night. GM duty stuff I had planned for this weekend may be delayed until tomorrow/late this evening when I can brain again.

FarFetched

ThisOneGal

Nah, it's okay; all I had written down for needing to do this weekend was giving everyone's character a final look over and adding them to the Meta page. (And possibly reformatting them to be consistent if I got super keen). Also need to focus long enough to really read and comprehend campaign stuff to the point where I can run it. :P

Also need Hexed's vote for VNS or NQ. Currently it's 2 VNS 3 NQ, but the NQ voters seem to be more 'eh, go with whatever the group wants'. The two cities are reasonably close together, so I'm fine with a split.

If you're bored, looking over the character submissions for stuff that looks wrong/confusing could be helpful. I think everyone's good, but if someone has questions about someone else's sheet, resolving that could help everyone understand stuff better.

Hmm, speaking of campaign stuff, does anyone have anything they'd like for the first 'session'? Tone-wise, sex-content-wise, or plot hooks you'd like used, that sort of thing. Likely won't change much plot-wise, but I can tailor the tone and pacing and stuff to better match what people want.

wander

High Concept: Charmingly Naive Hacker: Fairly simple. He's a hacker and charming (he was programmed to basically ingratiate himself with humans), but also as an AGI infolife, he's really naive how base reality functions.

Trouble: Sticks his [REDACTED] where it don't belong: Basically this one is to represent he's really nosey and also kinda easily seduced. On the flipside he's awesome at gathering info others may want to keep on the downlow.

Loyalty: A cornered rat bites hardest: This one shows he comes out to his own when pushed, however that also means unless he's really pushed into a confrontation, he can be... erratic in what he may do. This can be a benefit if things are FUBAR enough for it, but often enough he'll make really bad decisions or act more of a doormat than usual, unless he really is pushed to act.

Other: A Fish out of the Net: This is a basic one that's similar to his high concept, where in the Mesh he's amaze-balls at what he does, outside in base reality however, he's more of a fish flopping on dry land.

Infosensualism, as taken from Transhuman;
QuoteInfosensualism: The AGI’s neural architecture is such that many of the sensations of being in the datasphere—perceptions of processor usage, meshed communication, data input, and the like—are sensual pleasures. They may have been made this way or they may have modified themselves, but either way, the AGI is dedicated to enjoying the infolife equivalent of the pleasures of the flesh and to seeking out novel experiences in the infosphere.

Transparency represents Mark is all about accountability and open information. However the interesting element is that he has done and does things that would land him to be sealed away or deleted from his hacking background if he was just as transparent as he wants others to be. I figured this would make him more interesting to play, having that sort of hypocritical element to him. :)

In a way, I feel his Motivations as mentioned above would make a really good replacement Aspect or two.

wander

QuoteHmm, speaking of campaign stuff, does anyone have anything they'd like for the first 'session'? Tone-wise, sex-content-wise, or plot hooks you'd like used, that sort of thing. Likely won't change much plot-wise, but I can tailor the tone and pacing and stuff to better match what people want.

I'll have a read on both Mars locales and get back with anything I think would be cool to see. I think having something in the locales rather than the outback would work best for myself, not been too much a fan a locale of the outback, but I do love the nomads... Very nearly chose to play one, but I just dug wanting to play a humanities infolife more and be the kooky naive guy. :)

FarFetched

Quote from: ThisOneGal on February 06, 2016, 03:08:51 PM
Hmm, speaking of campaign stuff, does anyone have anything they'd like for the first 'session'? Tone-wise, sex-content-wise, or plot hooks you'd like used, that sort of thing. Likely won't change much plot-wise, but I can tailor the tone and pacing and stuff to better match what people want.
Well, Sex-content wise, I'm not expecting a super-large amount. Plot wise, a great kind of first session would be a mission that takes us to lots of different places in our chosen city to give us a general feel for the setting we're in.

Quote from: wander on February 06, 2016, 03:12:41 PM
High Concept: Charmingly Naive Hacker: Fairly simple. He's a hacker and charming (he was programmed to basically ingratiate himself with humans), but also as an AGI infolife, he's really naive how base reality functions.

Trouble: Sticks his [REDACTED] where it don't belong: Basically this one is to represent he's really nosey and also kinda easily seduced. On the flipside he's awesome at gathering info others may want to keep on the downlow.

Loyalty: A cornered rat bites hardest: This one shows he comes out to his own when pushed, however that also means unless he's really pushed into a confrontation, he can be... erratic in what he may do. This can be a benefit if things are FUBAR enough for it, but often enough he'll make really bad decisions or act more of a doormat than usual, unless he really is pushed to act.

Other: A Fish out of the Net: This is a basic one that's similar to his high concept, where in the Mesh he's amaze-balls at what he does, outside in base reality however, he's more of a fish flopping on dry land.

Infosensualism, as taken from Transhuman;
Transparency represents Mark is all about accountability and open information. However the interesting element is that he has done and does things that would land him to be sealed away or deleted from his hacking background if he was just as transparent as he wants others to be. I figured this would make him more interesting to play, having that sort of hypocritical element to him. :)

In a way, I feel his Motivations as mentioned above would make a really good replacement Aspect or two.

Ah, now I understand. You could actually have a couple funny aspects that are linked to the High Concept, but not totally overlap. A couple off the top of my head:

The Gaze Of A Dead Fish: Mark 22 hasn't really gotten the hang of facial expressions yet, and he has a habit of staring at people with wide, blank eyes. It makes him better at lying, but as for making friends...

An XP Otaku: A lot of Mark 22's knowledge of the real world is based off of the highly unrealistic XP vids he collects like a fiend. Now that he's interacting with the world more frequently, he tends to emulate what they do with witty quotes from his favorite Neo-Animes... which are sometimes insightful. Sometimes.

A Crappy Liar: Stems from Mark's Transparancy Motivation. He's bad at telling lies, but people are more likely to believe him when he's telling hard-to-believe truths.

You Like That, You Dirty F*cking OS, Don't You?: Mark is perhaps... a bit too infosensual with his equipment. He does better when doing hardware-related things, but the way he treats the equipment can be quite unnerving.

Hexed

<.<  >.>

Both sound so nice but I'd have to vote for Valles-New Shanghai. Not only because the higher number of indentures and pods mean Forklift would fit in well but because it just seems to have an asian sound to the descriptions in the book. That said Noctis-Qianjiao sounds nice if far to expensive. :D

Content wise I'm expecting lots of chatting as it seems most of the group will be meeting for the first time. That said though this is a Firewall meeting so there's probably shit going down that needs stomped out.

AndyZ

Content-wise, I'm hoping for a good chance to get my feet wet and get used to the setting.  Hopefully I can waive the equivalent of the Common Sense merit to not make too many mistakes for stuff that Krysta would know.

I'm good with whatever amount of sexual content makes sense for the game.  Not everyone's going to be interested in Krysta and Krysta's also not going to be interested in everyone, but that's okay ^_^

Wander, the best I'm able to suggest is "Knowledge is meant to be free," which gives bonuses to any kind of esoteric and uncommon info ("Of course I know the atomic weight of cesium.  It's one of the early elements!") but harder to keep secrets and allow you to be compelled by friends to spill more than you should.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

wander

Thanks for the help all, some great Aspects there! xD

I've been trying to write up Mark as naive, but generally actually quite likeable, so the dead fish doesn't really fit (though I love the idea of him and facial expressions!)

I'm going with the Otaku one, because it totally fits... Not sure XP would be the right media for it though. I believe they still have animation in EP, though I expect it's more like high-budget flash stuff, uploaded directly online. They have e-comics which are essentially comic pdfs we have today, so perhaps 'Educated through Anime' is a good one for him, basically leading to the same invokes and compels? What's everyone else think? :)

FarFetched

Sounds goot to me! It'd be hilarious to see his hopes about the real world dashed too. Like, we're going to go ask a maid about a crime they witnessed, but instead of a cute robot girl it's actually just a Roomba with an agi in it XD

ThisOneGal

Okay, it looks like an even split between VNS and NQ, so I'm gonna roll with a split group. Prepare to do a lot of traveling. :P

Quote from: wander on February 06, 2016, 05:09:54 PM
'Educated through Anime'

That sounds good. ^^
'Real World Naivete' is a drawback AGIs and people who spend too much time in VR/as infomorphs can take in the core rules, so there's definitely a precedent. (It also covers stuff like not being used to how gravity works or that your morphs has physical needs that need to be met).

ThisOneGal

Quote from: FarFetched on February 06, 2016, 05:17:40 PM
Like, we're going to go ask a maid about a crime they witnessed, but instead of a cute robot girl it's actually just a Roomba with an agi in it XD

This is now a thing that will happen. XD

FarFetched

wander

Lol, y'all really put a smile on my face tonight when the day was a bit of a downer before.  ;D

I'm gonna edit that Aspect in, mind adapting my character sheet the same way in the game-threads, oh benevolent GM? ^^

ThisOneGal

Hexed

Quick question!

This is what I based Forklift's manipulator morph trait on.

Wrist Mounted Tools

Wrist-Mounted Tools: The morph has a 6 centimeter-wide metal band containing nanobot generators
implanted around each wrist. These nanobots link
together to duplicate the function of a utilitool
(p. 326), creating narrow, highly flexible arms that
each ends in a specialized tool. These nanobots can
also produce tiny fiber optics to allow the character
to see through small openings, as well as being able
to create small weapons equal to bioware claws. The
fact that these tool are mentally controlled gives the
character a +20 modifier to skills involving repairing
or modifying devices with mechanical parts, opening
locks or disarming alarm systems, or performing first
aid. [Moderate]

They are listed under the morph manipulator trait, but given just what all they can do should I make them into a stunt instead/as well as? Tools for any skill so long as they are "Hand held" As well as small claws seems like it would get a ton of use.

ThisOneGal

If you want a +2 bonus for using them, take them as a stunt. Otherwise, they're fine as a trait.

Hexed

Alright. Thankies!

Mostly taking them so don't have to worry about not having toolbox x on hand. Even if the fate system does handwave it a lot.

ThisOneGal

Alright, everyone's character's can be found here in a semi-standardized format: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=243890.msg12052499#msg12052499

Seeing as a lot of people seem to be taking something like it, I'm willing to allow 'Environmental Adaptation (Martian)' as a morph trait.

EDIT: Also added the header template I'd like people to use for IC posts. Let me know what you think.

EDIT 2: I was bored and threw together icons for your dudes: http://imgur.com/a/YCiOc