Has anyone played any good video games lately?

Started by Music is life, July 20, 2013, 06:54:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Brady

Fair enough, but it's only a 10 dollar price difference between each.  Just as an FYI.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Chris Brady on January 15, 2014, 03:29:09 AM
Fair enough, but it's only a 10 dollar price difference between each.  Just as an FYI.

Well if I am downloading it I'll not have to waste gas, pay no tax on it and never have to worry about leaving it at home.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

SinXAzgard21

I cannot stress how good Bravely Default is....

Frost

anyone played Starbound yet? I am considering getting it

Inkidu

No, not lately. :P

I can't find anything juicy.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Frost on January 23, 2014, 08:01:48 PM
anyone played Starbound yet? I am considering getting it

Like a lot of building games, have friends to play with.

Revelation

I've been playing some more monster hunter on the 3DS while I recover from a cold.

This game is amazingly fun. If you can stomach the tutorial (Which is pretty important as far as tutorials go, there is a lot to learn in the game) and fight your first large monster (The Great Jaggi), you'll be able to tell if the game is for you.I've sunk probably about 24+ hours into the game this week alone, and i'm not even close to being finished. All of the monsters do their own, unique attacks and challenges, and cutting off the tail/breaking a horn/breaking monster parts is so satisfying. having just gotten an upgraded Gunlance from the Lagiacrus, theres also a lot of neat weapons too. The overwhelmingly powerful hammer, the versatile switch axe, the nimble dual blades - they're all fun.

The only complaint I have with it so far is no online play for the 3DS, but with Monster hunter 4U coming out in america next year, we'll have online play with that version.

Mathim

Anyone like puzzle games? I had the pleasure of playing one for the NDS a few years ago called Prism: Light the Way where you move little flashlight aliens around a grid to make their light beams reflect onto other little light-absorbing aliens. I recently lucked out and found a copy at Gamestop for $1.99 (such an injustice for a great, and rare, game) and started replaying it, getting farther than I had last time. It's damn challenging once you get into it and totally worth it. You get to take your time unlike with Tetris (which I prefer since I like to analyze without that pressure).
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

SinXAzgard21

Finally finished the bravely default demo, monster hunter for 3ds along with FFIII and DQIX.  Been playing Pokemon X and Y off and on.  I can only hatch so many eggs a day before I have to call it quits.

Hemingway

Mnemaxa

They don't make side scrolling shooters anymore, unless you count the bullet hells of Touhou. 

The Well of my Dreams is Poisoned; I draw off the Poison, which becomes the Ink of my Authorship, the Paint upon my Brush.

Mathim

Quote from: Mnemaxa on February 04, 2014, 08:22:33 AM
They don't make side scrolling shooters anymore, unless you count the bullet hells of Touhou.

Can you give an example of one? I'm having a hard time remembering that particular genre as far as side-scrollers.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Mathim on February 04, 2014, 02:33:41 PM
Can you give an example of one? I'm having a hard time remembering that particular genre as far as side-scrollers.

Metal Slug.

Shjade

Quote from: Mathim on February 04, 2014, 02:33:41 PM
Contra, Gradius, Einhander...
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

SinXAzgard21

Shjade

I only played the demo, but it did seem pretty neat.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Shjade on February 04, 2014, 07:49:51 PM
I only played the demo, but it did seem pretty neat.

I had it when I owned my original psone.  Got lost some where through out me moving here and there.

King Serperior

Thinking of dusting off my Pokémon Black version and my Gameshark and doing a Nuzlocke Randomizer.  Haven't done one of those in ages.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Mathim

Quote from: Shjade on February 04, 2014, 06:30:50 PM
Contra, Gradius, Einhander...

Ah, I remember those. Not really sure they need to make a comeback when 3D stuff is so much more immersive; wasn't Einhander almost 3D anyway? Not that those weren't enjoyable but sometimes getting off the rails (which 2D is pretty limited to) is the only way to go.

SinXAzgard21

Pokemon X/Y with pokemon bank.  Trying out Aion and it is pretty decent thus far. 

Never mind, just got a hold of a 6IV ditto.

Chris Brady

Bravely Default: Flying Fairy.

Man, this is some OLD SCHOOL FF stuff.  And it's got some really neat twists with the Bravely and Default mechanics.

...I miss Einhander.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Revelation

Einhander was a great shmup. If you want to try another awesome Shmup, play Ikaruga. Its been greenlit on steam, so should be coming out on PC sometime soon. Of course, its also available on dreamcast (via a really expensive import!) Or gamecube.

Zekromnomnom

I bought like five games in the month I got my 3DS and never beat any of them so far. All were pretty fun, but I just haven't felt like finishing them. I find myself wanting to play Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door again.

Actually, I should probably just play Chrono Trigger again. I love it so damn much.

Inkidu

Yeah, I'm always meaning  to go back and play Chrono Trigger, but then I remembered that I beat the Dream Eater at the end of time with just Chrono. X3

Thinking about picking up Enemy Within again. I need my Sci-fi fix, damnit.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Zekromnomnom

My thing is I have so many games I never beat, so I should try to do that, but I just never have. Chrono Trigger just makes me feel so good.