Game Protagonists At War! (LGBTQ Friendly) (Video Game Mash-up!)

Started by Rel Mayer, June 15, 2015, 04:36:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elysian Radiance

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on October 04, 2015, 06:43:59 PM
I see no reason why that would be an issue. Rel and Pres, what are your thoughts?
Quote from: Laughing Hyena on October 04, 2015, 06:43:59 PM
I see no reason why that would be an issue. Rel and Pres, what are your thoughts?

Squee! I'm going to start reading over the 15 pages of stuff to try and acclimate myself to the game then!
"We are beings of starlight; we were meant to thrive in the darkness."
"I am a raging sea trapped inside of a raindrop."

<a href=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=200656.0>Fantastic Dragons and Where to Find Them! (05/30/17)</a>
Get Laid or Get Slayed - A Guide to Make the Dragoness Roar!
Muse/Mood Status ~ I'm currently on hiatus from Elliquiy. Send me a PM if you need to be in contact; I'll get the email about it.
Current Posting Output ~ None.
Buy RPG Dice Soap From Me!

Elysian Radiance

I think I may be looking at Alexstrasza instead. I love Liadrin to pieces. But since Alex is a dragon and I fancy myself the dragon queen of E (and I happen to fucking adore Alex), can I go that way instead? I was a bit worried about her power level but A) I saw someone is playing Illidan and he's pretty up there on the power list and B) I can tone her down to fit.

<a href=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=200656.0>Fantastic Dragons and Where to Find Them! (05/30/17)</a>
Muse/Mood Status ~ I'm currently on hiatus from Elliquiy. Send me a PM if you need to be in contact; I'll get the email about it.

Rel Mayer

I'm pretty sure Alexstrasza is free. I think Pink drafted her a while ago, but it was a temporary hold and he's usually a pretty good team player about these things. :)

Elysian Radiance

Quote from: Rel Mayer on October 04, 2015, 09:53:19 PM
I'm pretty sure Alexstrasza is free. I think Pink drafted her a while ago, but it was a temporary hold and he's usually a pretty good team player about these things. :)

Awesome! I'll start on her then. <3

Elysian Radiance

Upon further investigation and reading into the game, I am going to politely withdraw. I hadn't initially realized how combat-focused the game was and that's just not something that interests me. It seems like a great game overall, though!

Laughing Hyena

Jeufufns

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuhhh............. funny thing is the world of my own little heroes etcetera which I'd use here is actually called the Legion XD

well technically it's a federation of 16 planets with only one of them being the Legionnaires but they're the main planet XD

Laughing Hyena

Ironwolf85

I have been getting into fallen london again and might have time to write up my clockwork detective and monster hunter straight out of game.
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: Ironwolf85 on October 12, 2015, 08:04:58 AM
I have been getting into fallen london again and might have time to write up my clockwork detective and monster hunter straight out of game.

Then get to writing him or her up because we can always use new blood ^_^

Ironwolf85

oh that's right you need a male version 0-0
I might wanna comission one then.
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.

Mac84

Quote from: Elysian Radiance on October 04, 2015, 09:44:51 PM
I think I may be looking at Alexstrasza instead. I love Liadrin to pieces. But since Alex is a dragon and I fancy myself the dragon queen of E (and I happen to fucking adore Alex), can I go that way instead? I was a bit worried about her power level but A) I saw someone is playing Illidan and he's pretty up there on the power list and B) I can tone her down to fit.

Yay! Goji would have a fire-Buddy! ;D

Quote from: Elysian Radiance on October 04, 2015, 11:24:16 PM
Upon further investigation and reading into the game, I am going to politely withdraw. I hadn't initially realized how combat-focused the game was and that's just not something that interests me. It seems like a great game overall, though!

...damn. :'-(

Ironwolf85

I also have a female character based on the sonic stuff... because there's a lot of broken cannon work to play with there >.>

Laughing Hyena

Ironwolf85

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: Ironwolf85 on October 15, 2015, 07:12:24 PM
do ya need more heroes or villians?

This is all about the heroes. Its in the title after all. ^_^

Mr L

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on October 15, 2015, 11:31:02 PM
This is all about the heroes. Its in the title after all. ^_^

There are some protags who are bad guys, just saying...

*coughs* Saints Row *coughs*
O/Os | A/As | | My Ideas I have taken the Oath of the Drake

Ironwolf85

Quote from: Mr L on October 15, 2015, 11:36:08 PM
There are some protags who are bad guys, just saying...

*coughs* Saints Row *coughs*

that would work for the sonic based character.

Laughing Hyena

Im still waiting for your character sheet Ironwolf. Just saying. ^_^

Diingo

This does seem interesting if it is still open for grabs. Gonna take a moment to read through everything, but very interesting indeed :)

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: Diingo on October 23, 2015, 08:08:27 AM
This does seem interesting if it is still open for grabs. Gonna take a moment to read through everything, but very interesting indeed :)

Excellent.

Diingo

So, I've read the first post in this thread and some of the rules  (those which I could access). I do have one character in mind, if it would be possible. The unforgettable, Vaas Montenegro from Far Cry 3. I read that villains could be "reformed", or so to speak and if he is not available or possible to play, I can think of a few others.

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: Diingo on October 24, 2015, 02:53:27 AM
So, I've read the first post in this thread and some of the rules  (those which I could access). I do have one character in mind, if it would be possible. The unforgettable, Vaas Montenegro from Far Cry 3. I read that villains could be "reformed", or so to speak and if he is not available or possible to play, I can think of a few others.

Isaac Clarke has Vaas beat in terms of crazy and in all honesty: how would you be able to reform someone like Vaas? I'm not certain if it could actually work both in backstory and in the midst of the game. The reason being that a majority of what made Vaas a decent villain was the fact that he was off the walls crazy. Take away that aspect or tone it down and you might lose what made Vaas, well, Vaas. I can allow you to try, but as a warning, it would be a hard sale.

Diingo

Reformed might've been a bit strong of a word. I do not know much of the madness of Isaac Clarke, but one madness is not like the other. Vaas is more insane than mad, if one can split the words. An insanity that he controls, that is the basic way that he lives his life by. He is unpredictable and can lose control of himself, yet he is able to regain control just as quick. I guess my view of Vaas is that he is more of a functioning madman (e.g. the Joker, only less refined).

As for the reform, I can see how it appear difficult for a man such as Vaas to turn from evil, but I think it entirely possible. In Far Cry, Vaas, even if he was following Hoyt, seemed like his own man. To me, he was the main antagonist and despite being a villain, I could still see him as a "good guy". It seemed to me that everything around Vaas is merely there for him to play with. An idea that sprung to mind would be a situation or organization similar to the "Suicide Squad" agenda.

If there is too much doubt regarding Vaas, however, I will change my mind :)

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: Diingo on October 24, 2015, 06:26:03 AM
Reformed might've been a bit strong of a word. I do not know much of the madness of Isaac Clarke, but one madness is not like the other. Vaas is more insane than mad, if one can split the words. An insanity that he controls, that is the basic way that he lives his life by. He is unpredictable and can lose control of himself, yet he is able to regain control just as quick. I guess my view of Vaas is that he is more of a functioning madman (e.g. the Joker, only less refined).

As for the reform, I can see how it appear difficult for a man such as Vaas to turn from evil, but I think it entirely possible. In Far Cry, Vaas, even if he was following Hoyt, seemed like his own man. To me, he was the main antagonist and despite being a villain, I could still see him as a "good guy". It seemed to me that everything around Vaas is merely there for him to play with. An idea that sprung to mind would be a situation or organization similar to the "Suicide Squad" agenda.

If there is too much doubt regarding Vaas, however, I will change my mind :)

Please feel free to explore other characters even whilst I and Presta consider this, just in case. We do have villains amongst the cast such as Juri (Street Fighter), The Shadow Queen (Paper Mario) and so long as the backstory is highly convincing then it could work. Out of curiosity, who else were you considering by chance?