Elua's Blood - BON rating.

Started by Wistful Dream, July 22, 2011, 04:33:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wistful Dream

I know there are many people on this site that very much enjoy Kushiel's Legacy and Naamah's Legacy by Jacqueline Carey. There is just something about the setting, the culture that is shown, particularly in Terre D'Ange that catches ones thoughts I suppose. Having recently finished up Naamah's Blessing myself I found an itch to find -- or in this case create -- a group TdA based game.

First things first; please vote in the poll above to help decide the ideal time period to set it in.

There will be no canon characters in this game, though references to them may be made.

The starting point for this story will be the Midwinter Masque on the Longest Night held at Cereus House; its a good way to bring everyone together and have a bit of a sandbox effect to start. Plot will happen but I'd rather it be built naturally out of active characters and their writers discussions.

Character's that would be open to play ~

Adepts of the Night Court (any House)
Dowaynes and Seconds of the Houses
Nobles
Merchants
Travelers from other nations (depending vastly on the time period this is happening in)
Cassiline (perhaps)
Priest/Priestess of the Companions

And likely other things as well.

Royalty will probably be in game, but while anyone may be directly related to the Royal Line of Courcel anyone wishing to write the Heir or the current Ruler will be carefully thought over first. It is a rather weighty role after all. It will also depend on what time period we all end up working in.

*With the Houses of the Night Court, if there's two to three characters already in a House and another one appeals to you that has a lack of people I'd prefer fleshing out the Houses more. 

I would request that those who apply are sure they may remain active to the point of posting at minimum a post a week should it be needed to not stall out the game.

It would be preferable if you have read one (or more) of the books to write in this game, or at the very least made good use of the information you may find on Kushiel's Legacy Pages on Wikipedia. Though of course there's no issue with asking questions :)

Other Useful Links

Pretty OOC thread
Character Profiles

-- Currently please only make one character, or two at most if another occurs to you. Perhaps later on more will open up for for now I'd prefer to keep it restricted.

Character Ideas so far:

Second of Cameilla - crystaltears ; Female
Dowayne of Cereus - Wistful Dream ; Unsure
Dowayne of Heliotrope - Literal Chaos ; Male
Adept of Heliotrope - Wistful Dream ; Female
Noble or Cassiline Brother - Eden ; Male
Noble of Trevalion - Alsheriam ; Male
Noble of Trevalion/d'Aiglemort - Synecdoche17 ; Female

Rough Profile is below, I may change it, or make it different for different types of characters. Consider the profile your application to join the game; I will be looking at a few things before approving them.

[b]Name[/b] :
[b]Age[/b] :
[b]Gender[/b] :
[b]Sexuality[/b] :

[b]Occupation[/b] : (Noble, merchant, Servant of Naamah - adept of (House))
[b]Rank[/b] : (Head of a House, Merchant trader, etc, adept, Dowayne or Second)

[b]Personality[/b] :
[b]Appearance[/b] :
[b]Brief History[/b] :

Wistful Dream

Characters

Members of the Thirteen Houses

Alyssum
Dowayne
Second
Adepts -

Balm
Dowayne
Second
Adepts -

Bryony
Dowayne
Second
Adepts -

Camellia
Dowayne
Second Reserved - crystaltears
Adepts -

Cereus
Dowayne Reserved - Wistful
Second
Adepts -

Dahlia
Dowayne
Second
Adepts -

Eglantine
Dowayne
Second
Adepts -

Gentian
Dowayne
Second
Adepts -

Heliotrope
Dowayne reserved for Literal Chaos
Second
Adepts -
1 Reserved - Wistful

Jasmine
Dowayne
Second
Adepts -

Mandrake
Dowayne
Second
Adepts -

Orchis
Dowayne
Second
Adepts -

Valerian
Dowayne
Second
Adepts -

Scions of the Companions - Noble Houses

House d'Aiglemort
House Courcel
House L'Envers
House Maignard
House Mereliot
House Montrève
House Morhban
House Rocaille
House Rousse
House Shahrizai
House Somerville
House Trente
House Trevalion
Noble - Reserved -  Alsheriam
House Verreuil

Other Characters
The Priesthood
Merchants
Travelers
Cassiline

Nadir

*plants a flag*

Depending on the time decided, I'll play either Cassiline or noble, both male, bisexual switches with dom leanings.

Wistful Dream

>.> Is it bad that I so hope your Cassiline breaks his vows?  O:)

Nadir

*chuckles* What fun are vows that aren't meant to be broken now and then? ::)

Wistful Dream

^.^ Very true....oh the plot ideas scampering around in my head now. Did you vote in the poll hun?

Nadir

Wistful Dream

~laughs~ Fair enough. I selected the third option simply because it has the most other countries opened up, after the Kushiel books Terre D'Ange wasn't so closed off to the rest of the world so there could be all sorts of exotic peoples who come and visit and might appear at Cereus House for the masque, being given the tokens of course.

I have like four ideas that might become characters, I'm trying to settle on just one to start. The question is do I play a character just for the pleasure of it or someone that has political clout.

Wistful Dream

And I decided....a Heliotrope adept for fun; and the Dowayne of Cereus in order to 'lead' the Night Court a bit if necessary.

We have four people now :) Happy moment.

Literal Chaos

*Mulls it over for a moment.*

Very well.  I shall claim for myself the title of Dowayne in the house Heliotrope.  An expert of psychology, speech and song.  A deep baritone, I think.  Late twenties... preference for females, but he's served anyone who's needed him.  Still working on him, but there.  I've made my claim.
Did I say irregular?  I apparently meant nonexistent.  Well, I'm back!  Newly improved with a 600% increase in stability!*
The Method of the Madness

*this statement has not been evaluated by the food and drug administration
*six-hundred percent of zero is still zero

Wistful Dream

I reserved the slot in the character listing for you <3 Welcome.

Literal Chaos

Oh, yes you did, didn't you?  Shows you how observant I am.  Did they have glasses in this timeframe, because my Dowayne will apparently need them.
Did I say irregular?  I apparently meant nonexistent.  Well, I'm back!  Newly improved with a 600% increase in stability!*
The Method of the Madness

*this statement has not been evaluated by the food and drug administration
*six-hundred percent of zero is still zero

Wistful Dream

I....think so? I don't have Dart on me at the moment but I seem to recall Delaunay using something similar perhaps....dang it now its going to bother me.

Oh also....Pretty OOC thread

Synecdoche17

I've had a Terre d'Ange game in my want list forever. Sadly, I'm not sure I remember enough of the details anymore! xD Do you have room for another? How many people are you going to accept, Wistful Dreams?
If I play, I think I'd like t o be a noblewoman of d'Aiglemort or Trevalion, a hard-bitten duelist who exorcises her demons through lewd excesses. After all, the Houses need patrons. :-)
A book, a woman, and a flask of wine: /The three make heaven for me; it may be thine / Is some sour place of singing cold and bare — / But then, I never said thy heaven was mine.

Ons & Offs, Stories in Progress, and Story Ideas
Absences and Apologies

Wistful Dream

A basic understanding of the setting, in particular the culture of TdA is mostly what I'm wanting. I linked the wiki with info if you want to look up stuff :)

I honestly don't know how many I plan to accept, just sort of planning to see where it goes :)

I think either of those could be very interesting, especially if it was post Kushiel Legacy with the traitorous acts both Houses committed.

Alsheriam

*plants a flag and sends Wistilove a box of chocolates for the link*
A/A

Wistful Dream

~smiles~ Thanks <3 Let me know what sort of character you decide on and I'll edit the list, feel free to drop into the OOC thread as well.

Alsheriam

I'd like to book a spot for House Trevalion please. :3
A/A

Wistful Dream

I think with the interest in that House and other's know for 'betrayals' during the Kushiel series that will make my decision much easier about time period; it would give such characters a lot more depth to deal with that stigma a bit no?

Just so everyone knows, between the two series is where I'm leaning right now ^^

Diablerie

Quote from: Wistful Dream on July 23, 2011, 12:53:19 AM
I think with the interest in that House and other's know for 'betrayals' during the Kushiel series that will make my decision much easier about time period; it would give such characters a lot more depth to deal with that stigma a bit no?

Just so everyone knows, between the two series is where I'm leaning right now ^^

*Agrees* It be pretty awesome to see characters struggle with that stigma just like the Shahrizai did.

Wistful Dream

Settled on a time period. Still looking for people to join if they like ^.^

CShades

Me, me me! (Yes, I'm back)

I'm thinking the Valerian Dowayne, just because I <3 the challenge. Male, Pansexual, a play on the Unyielding Thrillseeker archetype. Scion of Elua through the Courcel line, because I like to have my fingers in every pie!

And Now, to work on a profile.

"The next time I kill you, I promise you the labyrinth that consists of a single straight line that is both invisible and endless" ~Jorge Luis Borges.

Wistful Dream

Looking forward to seeing it :)

crystaltears

Hmm... *Might possibly be pondering a second character.*
Give someone an easy smile today; sign this petition on Elliquiy so we can see a man in kilts!!
fantasy compendium ~ come make magic with us

A/As - Updated 08/02/2011
writing - Last Addition 07/20/2011 | blog - Last Entry 04/19/2011

Shadows and Dust... Just Another Soul.

Wistful Dream

As a note

Please PM all character profiles to me for approval before posting them in the character profile thread.