Wheel of Time d20 system game [Recruitment open, 3/5-7 spots filled]

Started by Zaer Darkwail, August 31, 2011, 04:38:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheVongola10th

lucky.. i didnt even know about the book till earlier today...

P.S. 100th reply woot ;P

Mysterium

*chuckles* I hear you. I am a huge fan of Firefly too. I've rp'd it in a Mush as well.
Raise your glass if you are wrong in all the right ways!

TheVongola10th

Mysterium

It's a very short series created by Joss Whedon. It's like a space western.

Aybara

A sci fi western that really is very good, it only has twenty four episodes I think because fox showed it out of order so people didn't know what the hell was going on. The characters were very well developed and had great back stories. Do yourself a favour find the first episode online and watch it, you'll likely like it in which case great, if you don't it's no big loss. Great dialogue, great characters, great story. It's got a 9.5/10 from me! It'd have gotten ten but even with the movie I want more and that damn dastardly fox spoiled it all! *cries*

NicciKotor

Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Aybara

I believe we do Niccikotor, I think all the Ta'veren spots are filled but that means you have some advantages on us. You're not bound to have your character be from Emond's Field for one and your character will start off more powerful at level five!

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Mysterium on October 07, 2011, 07:31:46 PM
Zaer, you never did say if you approved of Vitani's background. I've got the rpg book now in pdf file. I'll be working towards finalizing something soon. I've got a cold or a flu or something icky my poor brain is not quite functional.

Oh, sorry! I checked it out and it's okay to me :). A bit dramatic as she was able to channel and take care for trollocs. Perhaps first level wilder and then initiate the rest?

Quote from: NicciKotor on October 08, 2011, 01:45:48 AM
Still room in this?

Yeah, so far as Aybara said this game has likely all ta'veren filled in but you can roll up any other char (which starts in 5th level no less). So party composition should be three first level ta'veren and two to four 5th level chars (plus Lan and Mograine). So I do not feel reason pull punches when trolloc attack starts in Edmon's Field and can actually use quite sizeable group of trollocs which matches party's total CR.

Also ta'veren do not need feel shy to take non-channeler levels, as said half levels in non-channeler class count towards your channeling levels once you take level as channeler (so we can create Rand alike char who is mix of hardcore fighter and skilled channeler without crippling himself completely multiclassing around). Also makes possible a high level noble suddenly develop wilder powers when his sleeping spark awakens fully (as said spark awakening can occur anypoint of life and it does not happen always in childhood).

But once it's clear who the three kids is dragon reborn I need GM force place you at least one level as wilder and then you can continue progress as you like.

Aybara

Damn we had sorted out for the first level to be Initiate, ok we can sort that out later. Are you familiar Niccikotor with the system its very similar to 3.5 DND but some of us have experience and can answer questions for you if needed.

Zaer Darkwail

Initiate can also work but I thinked it makes more 'sense' if she started as wilder as she manifested her powers fully spontaneously and then worked to become initiate after that (but she can take remove block only at 3th level or so). But good side if she takes 3 levels as wilder she learns nicely weaves and then learns 1d4+1 as initiate which 2 must belong to her Ajah/Talent/Affinity (and rest where they can go). Usually talented Aes Sedai begin as wilders.

TheVongola10th

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=335154
This is what I have now, Is there anything else anyone can point out that I need, as a side note I do not have the rpg book

Aybara

In the melee attack and ranged attack bit halfway down the page put +1 in the base attack column instead of 0.

Bellow this are weapons you have:
Boar Spear  Attack Bonus +4 Damage 2d4+3 Critical 20/x3 Weight 15lb
Long Sword Attack Bonus +4 Damage 1d8+3 Critical 19-20/x2 Weight 10lb

Aside from that you are good to go.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Kate on October 03, 2011, 08:49:00 AM
I would adore to use a character i made ... this one.

Loved the series.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=117598.msg5137668#msg5137668

Two things .. you may get more girls applying if it is a freeform game (and plot can move faster)

Also if Zaer you are only interested in gm'ing this if it is hands down a system game, must it start at level 1 ?

Ah, sorry, I forgot comment on this one (was brought to attention via PM). Anyways the basic background is ok but you need tone down the char so that she does not have any angreals and such. She can be a 5th level novice with wealthy merchant background (and so wealthy nobles took notice of it in end).

Mysterium

Ok so, my sheet is almost completed. So where do I put this online? I'm not even certain how to do this atm. Or shall we just post it all up in here?

Zaer Darkwail

Aye, myth-weavers is good for it altough not sure they got the wheel of time charsheet.

TheVongola10th

I'll write my back story soon, any suggestions for starting items? I was thinking maybe some blacksmithing tools that I had made myself, which could be sold at some point or something, and maybe an ornate hammer, (or axe if following Perrin who is whom I'm modeling my character off of) and some such. All through my backstory of course.

Mysterium

Zaer,

I have all but her hit points and gear done up on this thing at myth weaver.  How do you want me to figure her hp? Can you also let me know about the gear?

Thank you!

Aybara

Vongola I know you want to model him after Perrin but doing it too closely might not be the greatest idea, give him a bit of room to breath without the axe as it is very important to Perrin starting off. A smiths hammer if you want to link it in to the blacksmith thing works. Maybe a favoured hunting spear?

TheVongola10th

Mysterium

Zaer are you there? *pokes* I can't finish those last two things on my sheet without you. I also sent you the link for my sheet... ??

Mysterium

I had lots of help with my own, so I wouldn't be much use unfortunately.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Mysterium on October 14, 2011, 11:50:02 AM
Zaer are you there? *pokes* I can't finish those last two things on my sheet without you. I also sent you the link for my sheet... ??

I am here, just damn busy during first week of school as it was start of the shared lessons seasons (math, culture and history, culture and language and public speaking lessons and physics and chemistry etc). But now got week long holiday with no school so I get some slack off done as GM past days :P.

Anyways I want be generous and want max players survival so all HP rolls are maxed out. Also starting gear hmmm......I say you roll the starting amount crowns like with first level chars but add in your present level (which is 5) and then multiply by 10. Also no angreals or like that, most gold is likely for luxury stuff or masterwork weapons or armors (or perhaps one power created weapon, recall they had pricey pricetag and heronmarked sword).

I prefer however let you discover the 'magic items' in game than grant them via gold tough. Anyways post charsheets in here and I try collect and bundle them to first post as I did in drow game.