Justice League Unlimited RPG: Intrest Check

Started by VoluptuousVixen, April 25, 2019, 10:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norsegod1839

If he were to get involved that would mean Luthor approaching John as a "all american Marine" and playing him up. The government would follow suit paint J'onn as the person who wasn't helping and forcing him into a situation where he has to go with the now underground like League.

So that works really well! Lantern and J'onn tag team to defeat Superman, Supergirl gets involved trying to contain the rest of the league.

Superman is stopped and he flies into exile in shame (since technically we dont have someone to play him)

Luthor approaches John coming at him as a Marine serving his country to try and get him on the Luthor League

At the same time the government condemns the League and Martian Man Hunter

Mathim

Quote from: Norsegod1839 on April 28, 2019, 08:08:13 PM
If he were to get involved that would mean Luthor approaching John as a "all american Marine" and playing him up. The government would follow suit paint J'onn as the person who wasn't helping and forcing him into a situation where he has to go with the now underground like League.

So that works really well! Lantern and J'onn tag team to defeat Superman, Supergirl gets involved trying to contain the rest of the league.

Superman is stopped and he flies into exile in shame (since technically we dont have someone to play him)

Luthor approaches John coming at him as a Marine serving his country to try and get him on the Luthor League

Well J'onn would have had an opportunity at some point during his undercover phase to peek inside Luthor's mind and wouldn't be caught dead joining him in any capacity so there's no way he'd get involved with the Luthor League no matter what he offered.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Norsegod1839

Other John man John's an alien so Luthor would put him on the bad list. I was talking about our Green Lantern who would be approached and spun as the savior of the whole thing.

Re Z L

Quote from: VoluptuousVixen on April 28, 2019, 08:02:00 PM
Guys just so know il also be claming PowerGirl/Karen Starr at some point, but she wont be a hero (at first)

You don't say...  ;)

Quote from: Norsegod1839 on April 28, 2019, 08:08:13 PM

Makes sense to me...  By "containing the rest of the league" what do you mean exactly?  Just keeping them away from Supes while Jonn does his thing?
A&A

Norsegod1839

Something like that Re

so if John gets involved she'd probably be told oh thats a human marine go ahead and let him do his thing and tell her to contain the league. J'onn does the actual heavy lifting, John contains. However the public thinks it was all John.

Mathim

Quote from: Norsegod1839 on April 28, 2019, 08:41:41 PM
Something like that Re

so if John gets involved she'd probably be told oh thats a human marine go ahead and let him do his thing and tell her to contain the league. J'onn does the actual heavy lifting, John contains. However the public thinks it was all John.

That sounds like a job for G. Gordon Godfrey to spin the story about the Justice League in a negative light.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Norsegod1839

PurpleJesus

In a likely alliance with Luthor, John would have his own agenda and preconditions in any potential arrangement. John isn't quite as naive as Captive Marvel (Shazam) was in the DCAU.

Norsegod1839

Feel free as well to turn him down! He's going to be... well very shady... so it'll ooze off of him.

VoluptuousVixen

Norsegod1839

Mathim

Let me know once we've got a consensus on how the whole 'false flag' deal shakes out with Supes and others getting controlled and needing to be reined in. I need a bit of detail on the particulars to construct my character sheet.

Norsegod1839

We already figured it out. I suppose the question is going to be if you guys want to write that out or have it have just happened and the Rp deals with the fallout.

If you guys want to write it out thats fine but be prepared to kind of start right as the action is about to start. If we start after it would be dealing with the fallout of it. I vote for starting right as its about to happen though again that means we have a intial set up then go into the action.

Mathim

Quote from: Norsegod1839 on April 28, 2019, 09:47:15 PM
We already figured it out. I suppose the question is going to be if you guys want to write that out or have it have just happened and the Rp deals with the fallout.

If you guys want to write it out thats fine but be prepared to kind of start right as the action is about to start. If we start after it would be dealing with the fallout of it. I vote for starting right as its about to happen though again that means we have a intial set up then go into the action.

Well I mean, like who's responsible for it (Luthor? Luthor and others? Others but not Luthor but he's taking advantage of it anyway?) and how many/who in the League is affected? Just little things like that I wanted to know what the GMs have in mind or have approved of. I kind of need that to place my undercover John Jones within some organization before he casts off his shapeshifter disguise and reveals himself to the world.

Norsegod1839

Quote from: Mathim on April 28, 2019, 10:07:06 PM
Well I mean, like who's responsible for it (Luthor? Luthor and others? Others but not Luthor but he's taking advantage of it anyway?) and how many/who in the League is affected? Just little things like that I wanted to know what the GMs have in mind or have approved of. I kind of need that to place my undercover John Jones within some organization before he casts off his shapeshifter disguise and reveals himself to the world.

1. Luthor, Vandal Savage, And Ras Al Ghul make up the light
2. How Luthor activates Superman I'll have to decide on (unles someone wants to play him) however that will be something no one will know about until it happens
3. The only one effected by it will be Superman though given its probably going to be something on him like red kryptonite or something

Norsegod1839

Quote from: Mathim on April 29, 2019, 08:31:23 AM
Cool, I can work with that. Here we go:

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Player Name: Mathim
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Base of Operations: N/A
Powers: Psionic Abilities (Telepathy/Mental Linking/Mind Probing), Flight, Super Strength, Shapeshifting, Phasing

Weaknesses: Psychic attacks, fire

History:

The last son of Mars, J'onn J'onzz is the lone survivor of a calamitous war that obliterated all traces of civilization on the surface of Mars. The tremendous civil war between the Green Martians and the White Martians devastated both species and in a last-ditch effort to destroy the enemy, the result unfortunately annihilated the remaining Green Martian population as well, with J'onn being the 'lucky victor'. Alone and distraught, he took to hibernating as the atmosphere of Mars continued to deteriorate until it ceased to effectively support life.

Hitching a ride covertly on a probe sent by Earth, J'onn had a sense of hope that he may yet find a new home elsewhere and not allow the mistakes of the past to repeat themselves, wherever he ended up. Seeing the pale blue dot from a distance nearly brought tears to his eyes, and upon landing he quickly assumed the form of one of the indigent beings of the planet, using his telepathy to learn the local language quickly, and worm his way into society, manipulating a few individuals to establish himself as a native with a fabricated birth certificate and social security number. Getting a rapid college education, he became a desirable hiring candidate at Lexcorp, and assumed a position in one of the many science R&D departments. The promise of a brighter future for Earth was something he felt he had a responsibility to contribute to and this was one of the best ways to do it, or so he thought.

It was not until a visit from Lex Luthor himself that gave J'onn pause from what he was doing. The dark, mad labyrinth of Luthor's mind once he took a glace inside it shook J'onn to his core and convinced him that whatever genius and talent this mogul possessed, it was not ultimately for the purpose of being used in a humanitarian way. Conflicted as to how to approach this conundrum without violating some of the principles he was trying not to with his abilities, it became unavoidable once the champion known as Superman fell under the influence of mind-control. Abandoning his post in the middle of the lab, J'onn flew out, casting off his human disguise and taking his true shape. Soaring up to meet the Man of Steel and try to stop his rampage, J'onn was nearly fried by the Kryptonian's heat vision but luckily managed to warp his body around it and let it pass through the empty space harmlessly. With no time to waste, he blasted Superman's mind to disorient him, then quickly grappled and warped his body around Superman's to keep them linked, and proceeded to free his new comrade of the outside influence.

Unable to return to his former life after his entire stunt being captured by Lexcorp security footage, J'onn petitioned for a place among the Justice League, where his talents and act of heroism were welcomed with open arms.

Equipment: None

Relationships: Wonder Woman (friend), Batman (friend), Superman (friend), Aquaman (friend), Flash (friend), Cyborg (friend), Green Lantern (friend)

Appearance:

Looks good my man! Approved.

VoluptuousVixen

I chose to switch Harley (who I hope Imogen is gunna play) With Hawkgirl. I`m playing her as the Kendra Saunders version in the JSA comic's of the 90s which I own and refer to. This version of Kendra had been resurrected in the recent DC comic's post Heavy Metal. And finally adding sprinkles of how she was played on the CW DC shows speciallifically Legends Of Tomorrow where she was a regular in its first season.

And my version of Powergirl will be this universes original version of Kara Zor El and she wont be good (at first)

Norsegod1839

Fine with me! We need your CS sheets. I have people working on theirs behind the scenes as well.

Callie Del Noire

And someone was coaxing me to post a Zatanna sheet (working on it Vixen)

Norsegod1839

Which makes me want to throw out Constantine or something for her :)

Callie Del Noire

Still sorting thru her powers/weaknesss.. she's done spells WITHOUT speaking in some spots (usually using a wand in the shows) and in others can only do magic with gestures and inverted speech.

And the sheer SCOPE of stuff she's done according one or two of the wikis is HUGE

Raziel

I'm working on Flash's now, wrote a lot from memory and realised it was mostly the comic version not the EU version so I'm working on merging the two into something now

Norsegod1839

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on April 29, 2019, 02:14:06 PM
Still sorting thru her powers/weaknesss.. she's done spells WITHOUT speaking in some spots (usually using a wand in the shows) and in others can only do magic with gestures and inverted speech.

And the sheer SCOPE of stuff she's done according one or two of the wikis is HUGE

As a general recomendation do the she does her magic saying spells backwards thing.

Thats kind of her thing and also a way to give her a really powerful ability while giving a counter point weakness

Norsegod1839

Quote from: Raziel on April 29, 2019, 02:18:18 PM
I'm working on Flash's now, wrote a lot from memory and realised it was mostly the comic version not the EU version so I'm working on merging the two into something now

Given how little we've seen of EU Flash I would err more on the Comics side... unless you want to throw the TV version in?

Imogen

Name: Harley Quinn
Full Name: Dr Harleen Quinn
Sex: female
Height: 5'6"'
Hair: white
Eyes: Blue
Build: Lithe

Sexuality: Why don't you come a little closer and find out?
Marital Status: Single

Place of Birth: Gotham City
Place of Residence: Gotham City

Description:

A package of gorgeous curves, a pale face and white-haired pigtails.

Persona:

Batshit crazy - I'm bored...
Obsessed - Mr J.. .Mr J... Mr J.
Loyal - Goes that extra mile for her friends.
Fun loving - Harley loves a party
Romantic - What girl doesn't love a nice romance?

Powers and Abilities:

• Enhanced reflexes, speed, strength, stamina : With courtesy of Poison Ivy
  • Resistant to most poisons: With courtesy of Poison Ivy
  • Hand-to-hand combatant
  • Proficient with guns
  • Acrobatic

Weaknesses:

• Only Human: a human with a big baseball bat
  • Loves killing: pewpew!
  • Obessive: Mr J... Over him! So... So OVER him!

Relevant history

Dr. Harleen Quinzel was a psychiatric intern at Arkham Asylum. A model student, in addition to receiving high grades in college, she was also a dedicated gymnast, winning a scholarship to Gotham City University. While researching the lunatics at Arkham, she became fascinated with one particular inmate. Ambitiously volunteering to analyze him, she pleaded with the doctors at Arkham for three months before she could treat him. After he gained her sympathy during their sessions, he seduced her, causing her to fall madly in love with him. After helping him escape from the asylum more than once, Harleen was suspected by the authorities, who revoked her license and placed her in her own cell. During an earthquake in Gotham City, she fled and became Harley Quinn, the sidekick of the Clown Prince of Crime himself.

She had a stormy affair with the Joker and became his partner in crime, but after several betrayals - his latest being his current 'disappearance'- she has decided she is 'so over him' and has struck out on her own, proving she can kill and create mayhem just fine without her joker. She briefly teams up with Poison Ivy and Catwoman, but betrayal is the name of the game, and the team splits up with the expected murderous antics. Although the three reconcile later, the team isn't reformed.
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]