The Gingerbread House (All Welcome - Open Rp)

Started by Aislinn, July 28, 2013, 11:50:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitten4submission

*Nudges Art* That is the side effect of being a super awesome ninja cook! 

Dragonslayer

"More of a side effect of complete serenity cause i'm sitting in a refrigerated room" he says like it's normal everyday occurence

kitten4submission

It is 61 degrees according to the thermometer in my room... it is heavenly!

Dragonslayer

Looks around "I don't seem to carry a thermomater in this refrigerated room"

kitten4submission

What are you doing in a refrigerated room? :P  My a/c displays the current temp lol. It was 110 today so I am happy to have it 61 degrees in here

Dragonslayer

The question is why aren't you in a refrigerated room? I personally think any heat over 70 is a blistering heat. must be way to hot for my own good.  ;D

kitten4submission

It feels pretty good in here! It will be in the 50's soon..  :P

Dragonslayer

"That's more like it, the colder the better this cook ninja says, but for know I must part for the cold is making the computer act weird" waves and jumps up through the roof

kitten4submission

*waves as Art vanishes again* Hmmm ninjas sure do come and go fast.. Stretches out on the couch and watches the fire dance*

EmrysMerlin

Merlin stumbled into the candy cottage. He had been having such a rough day, trying to figure out what posts go where, and what to say and what to ask. A man who knew too many secrets for his own good, he wondered if he's ever be admitted among the ranks of such strange company. With oaken staff in hand, he was in the form of a man in his early twenties. His brown hair and beard were semi-trimmed, and he smelled like pine seed.

Annalise

*Cracks the door open slowly and takes a peek inside the house. The smells of cookies seems more intense now, like breaking a hot bread in two and feeling the smell of hot dough. Cinnamon and vanilla invade invade his nostrils and calm him down as he takes a few steps inside*
Hello! Anyone here?

Dovel

~finds a nice quiet spot near the fireplace to relax and wait for a friendly face to appear~
Now we live, tomorrow not
Enjoy your pleasures, lest they rot
Let not them pass this very day
For on the morrow regret may with you stay

Aislinn

~skips in to do some much-needed dusting, humming to herself~
"I am the one thing in life I can control
I am inimitable I am an original
I'm not falling behind or running late
I'm not standing still,
I am lying in wait.”

Tamhansen

*ponders why dusting means the exact opposite of what it says as he watches Aislinn while he walks in. Looks around to see who else is in there.*
ons and offs

They left their home of summer ease
Beneath the lowland's sheltering trees,
To seek, by ways unknown to all,
The promise of the waterfall.

Fantasia Tripp

Waiting ~ Day Three Addendum

What a lovely place I have been directed to!  One of the natives suggested this may be a place to discover and she was absolutely correct!  A charming cottage in a dense woods, and made of Gingerbread!  Many come and go through the doorway of this building.  It's a meeting place of sorts, some stay and chat while others busy themselves with a task.  I hazard a guess that there may be others like me visiting as well.  I see the wide-eyed stare on the faces of those hoping to be accepted into this community as they view the varied and diverse population. This certainly demands a closer look today.
Fantasia

*I sit by the fire observing quietly while I make sketches in my journal of the interesting faces that I see.*
I love it when you whisper naughty things to me...
ONs & OFFs

Blythe

Blythe wanders back into the Gingerbread House and says, "Oh my. It's been forever since I've been back. I'm quite glad that Aislinn and Dovel have kept the place tidy while I was out!"

He notices Fantasia and grins, saying, "I see you are conducting a little study of the Gingerbread House? How is being around here treating you? Have some gingerbread if you like--the house will simply regenerate it if you take any from the walls."

Fantasia Tripp

*looks up from her drawing*  Well hello, kind sir!  I am being treated very well thank you.  *nicks a bit of gingerbread from a wall near her* Mmmm very tasty.  I am looking forward to finding out if I have been accepted by everyone soon.
I love it when you whisper naughty things to me...
ONs & OFFs

Gartan Rabata

::He enters the house, his soft pink tigers nose sniffing the air:: "Ahh I do enjoy the scent of fresh gingerbread. A wonderful smell." ::His voice was a purring growl. The tiger looking man would move to a table and sit::
The Great Rakasha. Gartan Rabata.

Anjelita

Anjelita always loved the woods - something about the way sunlight filtered through the green leaves, making it feel as though she were crossing from one world and into another - one rife with magic and mystery, and possibilities.

And...

"A ginger bread house?!" she mutters, a tinge of incredulity in her voice. "I must be mad..." her eyes widen as she takes one tentative step closer...

...and then another...

She had never ventured this far into the woods. And she had never done so on such an empty stomach.

"Well...I am a little peckish..."

She ambles forth, eyes darting to take in her surroundings before she comes upon the door. Behind it she can hear talking, the hum of conversation, and she can smell the most wonderfully delicious scents that have her swallowing lest she starts to drool. She scrunches her nose, looking up, contemplating entry. What if she is interrupting someone's meal? Or a party she is not invited to. Well, with her stomach rumbling and the lure of the potential of delectable treats, she grasps the licorice knocker and knocks three times.

"H...hello? Is anyone about?"
NEW:  See my A/As!!!  PLEASE NOTE: Replies are slow.  Bear with, you are not forgotten.  Not accepting new roleplays.
ONS & OFFS               MY STORIES              PLOTS 'n' THINGS
Walking through E with eyes wide shut...
There was beauty here, once.  But darkness has a fetish for consuming pretty things...

Gartan Rabata

Quote from: Anjelita on November 02, 2013, 09:22:00 AM
Anjelita always loved the woods - something about the way sunlight filtered through the green leaves, making it feel as though she were crossing from one world and into another - one rife with magic and mystery, and possibilities.

And...

"A ginger bread house?!" she mutters, a tinge of incredulity in her voice. "I must be mad..." her eyes widen as she takes one tentative step closer...

...and then another...

She had never ventured this far into the woods. And she had never done so on such an empty stomach.

"Well...I am a little peckish..."

She ambles forth, eyes darting to take in her surroundings before she comes upon the door. Behind it she can hear talking, the hum of conversation, and she can smell the most wonderfully delicious scents that have her swallowing lest she starts to drool. She scrunches her nose, looking up, contemplating entry. What if she is interrupting someone's meal? Or a party she is not invited to. Well, with her stomach rumbling and the lure of the potential of delectable treats, she grasps the licorice knocker and knocks three times.

"H...hello? Is anyone about?"

A purring growled type voice would greet her ears in a reply "There is, please feel free to enter. Welcome My Lady." His tiger's golden hued eyes would look to the lady as she enters the Gingerbread house. He himself was munching on a gingerbread piece, and sipping a steaming cup of Earl Gray Tea.

Anjelita

The door seemed to slip open of its own volition, though a man...no not quite a man... something of a hybrid... stood before it. She gasped at his sudden appearance, hands flying to her neck and mouth in surprise as she tried to smooth the shock from her features, hands lowering jerkily to grasp one another against her lap.

"Th...thank you, my lord," she dipped into an awkward curtsy, eyes shifting to look around the tall figure to look at the crowd of people that mingled, makig conversation with one another, laughing and eating and sipping all sorts of things. Someone with wine, and many others with steaming mugs, including the intriguing figure before her. She tilted her head back, taking him in with a sweep of her gaze.

"I..." her eyes settled on his, a strikingly golden-tawny colour, like wheat. "I'm... Anjelita," she took a step forward, the door closing behind her with a soft crunch, causing her to shiver, feeling a little skittish, the place obviously enchanted. Her gaze didn't leave that of the tiger-man's though, wondering if perhaps such an enchanting creature was the keeper of this odd little cottage. She offered him her hand to shake. "I'm not entirely sure what I've stumbled up on here..."
NEW:  See my A/As!!!  PLEASE NOTE: Replies are slow.  Bear with, you are not forgotten.  Not accepting new roleplays.
There was beauty here, once.  But darkness has a fetish for consuming pretty things...

Gartan Rabata

Quote from: Anjelita on November 04, 2013, 12:39:44 PM
The door seemed to slip open of its own volition, though a man...no not quite a man... something of a hybrid... stood before it. She gasped at his sudden appearance, hands flying to her neck and mouth in surprise as she tried to smooth the shock from her features, hands lowering jerkily to grasp one another against her lap.

"Th...thank you, my lord," she dipped into an awkward curtsy, eyes shifting to look around the tall figure to look at the crowd of people that mingled, makig conversation with one another, laughing and eating and sipping all sorts of things. Someone with wine, and many others with steaming mugs, including the intriguing figure before her. She tilted her head back, taking him in with a sweep of her gaze.

"I..." her eyes settled on his, a strikingly golden-tawny colour, like wheat. "I'm... Anjelita," she took a step forward, the door closing behind her with a soft crunch, causing her to shiver, feeling a little skittish, the place obviously enchanted. Her gaze didn't leave that of the tiger-man's though, wondering if perhaps such an enchanting creature was the keeper of this odd little cottage. She offered him her hand to shake. "I'm not entirely sure what I've stumbled up on here..."

"It's a welcoming place that I found myself stumbling upon like yourself." He would reply with a soft purring tone. "I am Gartan.. You may call me Gar for short if you wish. A pleasure to meet you Lady Anjelita." He knew his features would be striking to the average human. The tall Rakasha would give her a warm smile from his tiger's muzzle. "Could I offer to get you a cup of tea, cocoa, or coffee?" He also would reach out, and using a claw from his forefinger. He would carve out a piece of gingerbread from the wall, and offer it to her. Before moving toward the steaming pots, and lines of cups ready for use.

Anjelita

"Gar..." she tasted his name on her tongue, nodding succinctly, committing it to memory, an easy task considering how easy the name was, after all...but she couldn't stop staring at his features - the tiger-man. Well, now i've seen it all, she thought to herself.

His rumbling voice continued, kind words, warm toned fell from his mouth. She watched as he cut a piece of the gingerbread house and gave her the slice, only to watch the void left replensih itself like a sponge expanding. "I...did that..." she muttered but shook her head, bringing her attention back to the kind tiger-creature before her. "That is very kind of you to ask, Gar. Thank you, i'd love some cocoa," she smiled winningly and watched after him, entering more into the house, avoiding knocking or walking into anyone and anything. She felt, though, that she was being wary for nothing. Truly no one had turned an unkind eye upon her and surely the people gathered must have been a welcoming bunch to include strangers in their festive gathering. Anjelita walked up to Gar. "How long have you been here?" she asked with another smile.

Gartan Rabata

Quote from: Anjelita on November 04, 2013, 01:40:42 PM
"Gar..." she tasted his name on her tongue, nodding succinctly, committing it to memory, an easy task considering how easy the name was, after all...but she couldn't stop staring at his features - the tiger-man. Well, now i've seen it all, she thought to herself.

His rumbling voice continued, kind words, warm toned fell from his mouth. She watched as he cut a piece of the gingerbread house and gave her the slice, only to watch the void left replensih itself like a sponge expanding. "I...did that..." she muttered but shook her head, bringing her attention back to the kind tiger-creature before her. "That is very kind of you to ask, Gar. Thank you, i'd love some cocoa," she smiled winningly and watched after him, entering more into the house, avoiding knocking or walking into anyone and anything. She felt, though, that she was being wary for nothing. Truly no one had turned an unkind eye upon her and surely the people gathered must have been a welcoming bunch to include strangers in their festive gathering. Anjelita walked up to Gar. "How long have you been here?" she asked with another smile.

His soft furred tiger's ear would swivel back listening to Anjelita's voice. His hand had shaken her's gently when she had offered it. It was warm, and softly padded like a feline's but human like in shape. He smiles to her again, a very human like gesture, as he pours the cocoa from it's steaming pot into a cup for her. "A month or so. Still waiting to see if I will be allowed to go further into this realm, and yourself My lady?" He hands her the steaming cup, on a saucer. His golden hued tiger's eyes were soft, and gentle in nature. Though he had the look of a great preadator, he is, believe it or not. As gentle as a cub, a lamb even. A perfect companion to cuddle with on those cold winter nights. Furred, warm, and alive, not a prize rug on some poacher's floor.

Anjelita

His smile was a warm one, his voice gruff and deep was not terrifying at all, and in fact, the keen intellect that glimmered in his golden gaze was more human than animal. By the gods, he was speaking after all. She took the preferred cocoa, giving her warmest smile as her fingers wrapped about thé warm mug. Coincidentally, or perhaps not so much in this magical place, it was her favourite Wonder Woman mug. She blew the surface ôf it lightly.

"Thank you," she murmured, looking up at him, she couldn't help but wonder what his fur felt like. Was it soft or was it coarse. "I appeared in this realm about four days ago, and I've been travelling ever since. Somehow I managed to find my way here," she took a sip from her mug, savouring the rich warmth of the chocolaty drink. "How have you been finding it so far?"

[OOC - congrats Gar!]