(Pathfinder) Interest Check / Recruitment - Iron Gods

Started by Chulanowa, October 07, 2015, 11:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blinkin

I think that it's still restricted to the rules about ranks and levels... you can't have more than your level in skill ranks... so at 1st level, just one rank.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Thorne

Quote from: BAMF on October 10, 2015, 02:47:57 PM
Okay, thanks!

Er, actually, sorry. Follow-up question - Can you double up on them? Like, put one background skill into a skill you also put a point in with regular allotment? Or still limited to just one rank per skill no matter the origin of the skill point?

From the looks, it completely separates 'background' skills from 'standard' skills (judging by what Herolabs does with it), so no.
And, I think, albeit I haven't looked into it very closely, that even if it didn't, Blinkin is right about the ranks not exceeding your level.

... I should pull that sheet into bbcode and post it, shouldn't I....
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

BAMF

»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
by a series of small things
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«

Thorne

No problem.

Okay, sheet edited into my pitch-post. Chu, if you have any questions, my PM-box is open. ^^

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

persephone325

Well, I was going to go with a psychic. But, reading through the page again, it looks like that might not be the best choice. lol

Got my race figured out. Just gotta figure out the other half again. Haha.

Actually, I just looked through some of my old character sheets. I have a Dhampir Druid with the Mooncaller archetype that I've been DYING to play. I think I might go with that instead.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

BAMF

>.> Except it's not a race that Chul's said yay to in the first post. Dunno if that's being bent or not, considering badger's got an Android option. :P
»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
by a series of small things
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«

TheGlyphstone

I think Android was the only likely exception, because this is Iron Gods specifically and androids are central to the setting.

persephone325

I derped. I somehow thought that classes meant races... O_o Dunno where I got that from.
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Chulanowa

Nah, sticking with my race standards :) Though thematically, changelings and Dhampirs are kinda similar, if you wanna go with that...

persephone325

Quote from: Chulanowa on October 10, 2015, 09:49:41 PM
Nah, sticking with my race standards :) Though thematically, changelings and Dhampirs are kinda similar, if you wanna go with that...

I'll see what else I can come up with. I originally had a Changeling in mind, and then was like "You know..." lol
I don't know.

eBadger

Android was specifically nixed, thus my comments about adjusting her ;)

Just need to rework history for some sleeping princess flavor

Bibliophilia

Hey, guys!

So, Barbarians move 10 ft. faster than their race.  Skinwalkers have a 30 ft. speed.  Does that mean in scale mail that my Barbarian moves at 20 ft, or would it be 30 ft. because the armor just cancels out that bonus from being a barbarian?

Lunar Raven

Move at 30 ft.  As you noted, they cancel each other out, so your skinwalker would move a little faster than ordinary people in scale mail  :-)
Member of the INTP group.  What's yours?

Ons/Offs: Elliquiy; F-List
Current Status: Closed.  Only seeking a GM for a solo game.
My Tumblr Blog (NSFW; Mostly Impreg)

Lunar Raven's gallery of Desired Titillations
Idea & Request Thread

Bibliophilia

Awesome, thanks!  Now, one more niggling concern, does a chakram count as a thrown weapon?

Edit:  Nevermind, just read the description!  -feels like a doof.-  I assume, since it's described as a thrown weapon, then it gains the Strength bonus to damage, yeah?

Lunar Raven

Yes, any thrown weapon gains the strength bonus, and you can use either strength or dexterity for determining the attack bonus.

Idea & Request Thread

Bibliophilia

-perks.-  Wait, you mean I can use my MAB, instead of my RAB on it?

Chulanowa

No, for thrown weapons, you still use dexterity for the attack roll. Strength is just for damage. Thus why the Belt of Mighty Hurling is a thing.

Lunar Raven

Ah, okay.  Must have missed that (or my mind is wandering into 3.5 territory)  :-[

Idea & Request Thread

Bibliophilia

Damn!  -snickers.-  I was about to be all excited about my Xena-bear.

Still, that belt would be pretty damn sweet.  Loot, ho!  -snicker.-

Thorne

I have this mental image now, of a dire grizzly in Xena's armor ...
Thank you for that. I think. ^^;

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

Bibliophilia

Background:  Freja was born to a savage tribe of Kellids that lived on the outskirts of Torch.  Her strange coloring and the indefinable, yet palpable, sense of difference that lingered about her was enough to make the primitive, and suspicious, tribespeople regard her with mistrust.  Even her own family tended to treat her with a cool distance, causing her to seek the solitude of the wilderness from a very young age.  When she became lost as a small child, after wandering much further than she ever had before, no rescue party was mounted to find her, and her family wrote her off as one less mouth to feed and one less potential problem to solve.  Barely four years old, Freja was alone and frightened in the harsh wilderness of Numeria, suffering the bitterly cold nights of early spring and the hollow feeling of an empty stomach.

The quiet, whimpering sounds she made as she huddled in the roots of a tree for shelter, drew the attention of a nearby bear, who followed the sounds to the child.  Freja was terrified, at first, of the large, wild animal as it stuck its snout into the hole to sniff at her curiously.  However, she swiftly lost her fear and crawled out of her hole to cling to the warmth and protection the beast offered.  After guiding the child up onto its back, it lumbered back the way it had come, returning to the trio of cubs it had left behind in a nearby cave when it went to explore the unfamiliar sounds.  From that day, forward, Freja was considered one of the family, and she found her adopted family far more loving and accepting than her birth family had ever been.

As she grew, Freja learned to fight and hunt, swim and climb, from her brothers and sisters.  Her connection with them, and with the natural world, made it easy for her to communicate, even if only in a rudimentary and instinctual manner, with her animal kin.  As a result, when she experienced her first change in the midst of a hunt, while chasing an elk, she and her kin thought nothing of it.  It seemed only natural that a child raised by bears would find herself turning into one, at least in part.

Her first encounter with civilization, aside from the occasional hunter or traveler who wandered too close to their cave, came when she encountered something metal half-buried beneath the earth while exploring one day.  She and her brother, one of many, dug up the contraption out of curiosity, only to have it suddenly begin flashing lights and making a strange, high-pitched sound that hurt their ears.  When her brother swiped at it out of anger, it responded violently and it took both Freja and her brother a long time to bring it down, eventually tearing it to pieces.  Unfortunately, her brother was deeply wounded by the machine's attack, and Freja carried him home, but there was nothing anyone could do to save his life and he died in the night.  Deeply affected by this development, Freja decided that she had to find the metal beasts and destroy them, not only for her brother's sake, but for the sake of the wild she loved so dearly.

Hunting down these beasts meant leaving her home and returning to the humans who had abandoned her, but she considered her mission to be of the utmost importance.  Her remaining brother, and dearest friend, was determined to accompany her on her journey and she little recourse to stop him.  After a few days, however, she found herself glad of his company, even if his grumbling and stubbornness sometimes drove her crazy.  They returned to Torch, and set up camp on the outskirts, some distance from the Kellid tribes, and Freja's home.  She understood that her time among the bears had left her with little ability to communicate or socialize with humans.  So, she began trading with the Kellid tribespeople, bartering the pelts and meat from her kills, and using the interactions to relearn even their primitive manner of human socialization.

It was during this process that the light from Torch was extinguished, and then, she learned of the expedition beneath the city and the metal beast that was found.  This led her to finally enter the town proper, looking to join the next trip underground, in the hopes of finding and destroying any more of the metal beasts that might lie beneath.

Personality:  Freja has a difficult time socializing with others, at least those who aren't furry and befanged, and her awkwardness could be seen as a deliberate attempt to keep others at arms length.  Her closeness with Valdr, and the ease with which she interacts with him, makes it clear that the stiffness and distance is only reserved for other humanoids.  While it might be taken for a dislike, and despite her history with her tribe, she genuinely holds no ill-feeling for more civilized people.  Her social skills are severely lacking, and her time away from civilization has left her feeling wildly out of place and out of touch with human society.  She is focused on her mission, but she also wants to relearn to fit into civilized society, so that she can once more feel whole.

Gender & Orientation:  Freja is neither male nor female.  She appears female, but anyone who catches her undressed would find her dual nature extends beyond the combination of beast and man.  She's a virgin, but her nature leads her to consider any sentient being a potential partner, regardless of gender or race.

Thorne

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

Bibliophilia

Chulanowa

Well, I think I heard something about a druid, and a rogue! Just wanting to make sure everyone interested gets the chance.

So far we've got...

ebadger - Doc Vile, Human Alchemist (Also Soma the Gnomish Skald, and Hannah the ___________ Occultist)
Thorne - Raz Silkwind, Elf Gunslinger
Lunar Raven - Garon Baine, Human Brawler and Faldis Galandel, Elf magus
Blinkin - Andru Hezblaid, Human Swashbuckler
Andi - Khalirran Ceillune, Elf Hunter
BAMF - Dayanara-Aeryth, Half-Elf Kineticist (Needs a sheet)
TheGlyphstone - Erevel Ondovir, Elf Arcanist
Bibliophilia - Freja Bjørnhjœrþ AKA "Gesundheit," Coldborn skinwalker Barbarian

persephone325

Arg! I want to submit a sheet, but I just...can't find my muse. >.<

I'll have to resend my interest. Sorry.
I don't know.