Are you ready for some football!?!?

Started by Caity, August 08, 2008, 08:30:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WyldRanger

No, all is right with the world with the Lions being 0-5.

I told you they were awful!  ::)

Caity

They've actually had a couple close games, Xana.  They just seem to fold under pressure.  :p

And Romo is missing 4 games for a broken pinky? 

Brett Favre called him and told him to suck it up.  lmao

Will

Quote from: Caity on October 14, 2008, 08:16:01 PM
They've actually had a couple close games, Xana.  They just seem to fold under pressure.  :p

That's the best indicator of a crappy team.  A loser mentality will strangle them in those situations.  Even some of their own players have said they think the team is cursed!
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

Oniya

Quote from: Caity on October 14, 2008, 08:16:01 PM
And Romo is missing 4 games for a broken pinky? 

Brett Favre called him and told him to suck it up.  lmao

I'm waiting for this guy to call him up.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/2008-10-13-wikre-pinky_N.htm?csp=34
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

King_Furby

This is the year of the hurt qb's. Payton manning had some problems before regular season, tom brady out, and now romo is hurt and going to miss some games to.

I am just really shocked that with all the weapons the pats have that just one guy is the team. Brady probably could have been the only person on a field and did better then with how the current team is.

And the lions are really bad. That one game was kitna taken out cause he could not handle the stess of doing so bad? it looked like it.

and wtf giants. how did you lose to a team that averages 9 or more pentalities per game.

I am hopeing next weekend has better results. I wasn't a fan of how any of the games went this week

Jineriq

The Giants' loss to the Browns I think is good for the League. It's great for Colts, Pats and Cowboys fans that their teams are always on top, but it's nice to see that some teams get to grow and gain momentum and even perhaps set up a dynasty. The shuffling of the rosters I think is great, and Brady and Romo being gone I think will make for more entertaining football in the long run, come the playoffs.

Bayushi

Quote from: Jineriq on October 15, 2008, 01:09:52 AM
The Giants' loss to the Browns I think is good for the League. It's great for Colts, Pats and Cowboys fans that their teams are always on top, but it's nice to see that some teams get to grow and gain momentum and even perhaps set up a dynasty. The shuffling of the rosters I think is great, and Brady and Romo being gone I think will make for more entertaining football in the long run, come the playoffs.

Well said.

Teams that normally do not quite as well are having their chance to shine. And those who do well, but still can't get to the big game are becoming serious contenders for once.

As with the injuries, I think it's merely forcing teams and their 'other' players to step up their game. Look at the San Diego/Patriots game last Sunday. Tomlinson hurt and not doing well. So they went with Philip Rivers. And Rivers threw for 306 yards, 3 touchdowns, and no picks. Not only that, but their premier receiver, Chris Chambers, is on the DL... so two other receivers stepped it up and took in long passes and touchdown catches. Hell, even the Chargers Defense(normally ignored for the superstar offense) stepped it up and held the Patriots to 10 points.

I'm quite happy with how this season is shaping up.

Will

Quote from: Akiko on October 15, 2008, 02:13:55 AM
As with the injuries, I think it's merely forcing teams and their 'other' players to step up their game. Look at the San Diego/Patriots game last Sunday. Tomlinson hurt and not doing well. So they went with Philip Rivers. And Rivers threw for 306 yards, 3 touchdowns, and no picks.

Hey, Rivers is good...One of the best in the league.  Plus, he's from right in my area...;D *squeals like a fangirl*  I remember when he played high school ball.  He really is an idiot though; I hate seeing him do press conferences.

- Jack Kerouac

Oniya

Quote from: Akiko on October 14, 2008, 11:30:53 PM
Wow. :o

That's..... dedicated.

My husband says the guy is now an honorary hockey player.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

MagicalPen

TO is not going to be happy that the Cowboys brought in another receiver - means he will be getting less balls then before. They should turn the Cowboys season into a TV Drama - its going to be very griping to watch!

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

Will

This is true, or it could open up the field a bit for him.  If Romo was still playing, I would say T.O. gets more catches than normal for the first couple of games with Williams.  Now, though, who knows? *shrugs*

- Jack Kerouac

Bayushi

Quote from: MagicalPen on October 15, 2008, 08:10:59 AMTO is not going to be happy that the Cowboys brought in another receiver - means he will be getting less balls then before. They should turn the Cowboys season into a TV Drama - its going to be very griping to watch!

OH NOES!

I mean, if he's the only receiver that Dallas fields, he's not going to be catching any balls, is he?

Receivers are deployed in multiple, and even then, there's still Tight Ends and Backs who can and often do get used to catch balls.

Caity

Half time:
Packers are winning 17-7 -- Yay!
Jets and Raiders are tied at 3 -- Been a very boring game.   :P

Will

What happened to Dallas???   *laughs uncontrollably*   THE RAMS?!

- Jack Kerouac

The Overlord

Oh yeah...football's on today.

*goes back to his MMOs.  :)

Caity

LOVE the Dallas loss.  Should have sucked it up, Romo.  :P

Caity

Packers Rule!

Jets lost... though it was a more exciting game.  :P

MagicalPen

Wasn't able to see the Jets, but their season might as well be over with that dismal loss to the Raiders. That was like the equivalent of the Ravens losing to Miami last year :(

Anyways, yes, glad to see the Cowgirls get their asses handed to them by the Rams (of all people!). Romo is going to take it so hard up the ass from TO he'll be sore for a week!

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

King_Furby

Pats vs Broncos tonight.

I would like the pats to win but i don't think they will.

MagicalPen

Presently, the Pats are romping the Broncos. Broncos seemed to show a lot of promise in the first few weeks of the season, but have steadily gone downhill from there. Getting a beating from the Pats, well, that is not as bad as the Jets losing to the Raiders, but its close! (as far as this season is concerned).

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

King_Furby

Broncos just did really really bad this game, the pats have steped up but i mostly credit this to mostly the broncors just being that bad.

pats winning this i think there is hope to win the is it afc west? But for that pats need to do nothing but win and the bills need to lose.

LOL seen something funny randy moss was doing. He was on the side line chearing but he had his gloves hanging from his face mask. it just made me laugh..didn't expect to see that.

MagicalPen

He's copying Plexico from last-monday - Plexico was walking around with his gloves attached to face-mask while warming up.

But no, I don't think the Pats will win the AFC East. Its still a bit of a toss up, and none of the teams are really making much of a push, but the Brady-less Pats won't win it.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

King_Furby

Caity

Yay!  Jets won.  :)

They needed this win so they can lose next week.  :P