News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

OOC: Into the Gate [A Stargate SG:1 Adventure]

Started by RomanSoldier, July 16, 2010, 11:24:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RomanSoldier

This is just the tread for OOC information, should the need arise for us to use it.  Of course all constructive criticism should be made here, and is greatly appreciated.

~RS

Writersblockade

*laughs* I think this was my fault. I know how a thread can be ruined by a sudden flux of ooc stuff, so I apologize. I was actually thinking of joining up on this one if I get the green light. Looks damn interesting.
Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

I don't know who this Muse person is, but if it explains away the voices in my head, then I'm all for it!

Writersblockade

I know I'm still unapproved, but suddenly I've got this itch to play on this thread. I can make my character minor, that way if things don't go as I hope, he could be "written off the show". Let me know what you think! I'd understand either way.
Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

I don't know who this Muse person is, but if it explains away the voices in my head, then I'm all for it!

RomanSoldier

Let me discuss it with my partner. I am not sure if we were going to have other players. I will let you know after we discuss it.

~RS

RomanSoldier

I have discussed it with my partner, and both of us are wondering what kind of character you would play?  If could please give us a description and some ideas that you would like to see in the RP.  Take your time with it.  I look forward to seeing your response.

Writersblockade

To be honest, I can play it anyway you guys need it. It doesn’t look like (at least so far) that the science is going to be too daunting, so I can give it a shot at an assistant character, but I can throw down as a grunt too. There’s always that wild-card character, like Eli, from SGU. That could be fun…here’s a little of each

Assistant – Gregory Witherspoon – 27 - Computer Science Grad out of UC Berkeley. My own knowledge is limited in that field, so it all will depend on how deeply scientific you wanna go ^_^. He’d be 6 feet and around 190 pounds. Surprisingly athletic and social when he wants to be, but tends to feel weird around groups. He dressed in clothes a tab bit bigger than his normal size, which gives him more of a lankier look than he deserves. It’s almost like he wants to avoid notice by appearing the everyday egghead. His being picked to go into the program was a perfect mix of opportunity and skill. While some higher ups in uniform were running calculations on gate function and power consumption, he noticed an error in the program they were using. A small thing, really, which made it hard to see. That  little hard to see thing saved the government a few million, and the uniforms at least six months on their timetable. Without his knowledge, he was surveyed…his life held under a microscope. The background check was completed quietly and his dossier in the archives awaiting activation. It just so happens that his number was about to come up.

Soldier – Major Mathew “Cash” Price – 30 – USMC Force Recon – I would want this guy to a little heavier 6’2 210 pounds of government issued pisstivity. Fresh out of a feeler mission in Iran, Major Price received word that his presence would be needed in Colorado Springs. He was told that he was going into a new playground, with new rules. The Major could only guess that this was about that battery of tests that were run on him before Iran. The one where they kept asking him weird questions about “adverse environments”. What the hell did they mean by that? He could walk out of his barracks on a calm day and still be in an “adverse environment”. Before he even saw the facility he was approached with a choice. A deployment of a lifetime, with very little chance for a personal life, or a chance to finally go out and make a life that he’s been fighting for others to keep thus far. His answer was simple, yet heartfelt. If they needed him, they got him. Life never gave him a reason live, other than to make sure that life was worth living for others. From that point on, everything changed.

Wildcard – Charles Meriwether – 23 – 5’11, 175. Charlie would be the son of a prominent scientist that was brought onto the project in its early stages. Growing up, Charlie didn’t really understand a lot that was going on, or that his father was teaching him chunks of Ancient and Egyptian hieroglyphics. It was all some game to him, and the only thing that kept them together after his mother died in an accident 4 years ago. His father buried himself in his work, and Charlie worked hard at their little game to slice off a piece of personal attention. Even when Charlie left school, and his father exploded, they would be able to make some semblance of piece, by piecing together something else…something big.  On the day before his father’s death, Charlie went to his study and finally confronted him. Things were starting to come together…something about a doorway to the heavens. After a long, hard look, his father shook his head and gave his son the hardest hug he’s had in years “if you’re asking, it means it’s time for us to stop. I’m so sorry, but the less you know, the better off you are.” Charlie couldn’t understand until a year after the “lab accident” took his father’s life. The government had paid for everything, though Charlie took on a job at a local coffee shop to pass the time. While walking home, a black limo smoothly slowed beside him, keeping pace as the back window rolled down “Charles Meriwether?” The man asked. Apprehensively, Charlie nodded “I’m Dr. Chandler” the man said smoothly, holding out a photo ID “I know your father”. Charlie’s face frowned, and he turned to walk faster home “You might not have heard, Doc. My father’s dead”. Dr. Chandler could only smile and shake his head “No…we’re very sure you’re father is still alive. And he, no, we all need your help to find him again”

Any of these can be tweaked to the story's specs. I may have to do a little background research to round out who I play, but we can just play it by ear. I appreciate you both considering me for a spot!
Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

RomanSoldier

I personally like the solider, and I can see him fitting well into the team we already have.  There is only one thing that we would have to do, and right now that is kill off our young recruit.  What kind of scenarios do you think they would find themselves in?  We haven't really thought of much past this 'episode'.

Writersblockade

The cool thing about messing around around in an established story setting, is you can take what you want and leave the rest. You've got your character development areas, as well as missions against entities thought to be a threat to earth. Along the way we can make things a little weird! I would probably be more at home with the soldier. If you need him at another rank, we can make that happen. If you have a particular part you'd like me to come in on, then I'll stand-by until I get the green light.
Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

RS Mistress

I like number 2 as well. I haven’t ever seen any SGU so I’m a little lost on the ‘wildcard’. 

Don’t worry about the science as I am playing a scientist and I know the least about it. Lol. I either make it up or look something up and hope I am right. I think he would be good as Kelly is supposed to be a klutz. We were thinking she wasn’t even going to get a gun for fear she would shoot one of the team. So even though I think having another Marine might overbalance us in force to science, it might still work.

My only other question is what does ‘cash’ stand for?

Writersblockade

The nickname "Cash" was what he was known by. Like most nicknames it started as a lame joke to go with his last name, and just caught on.
Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

RS Mistress

cool. I don't know about rank you would have to ask RS about that.

The option I thought of when she asked me was that you could fill in as our young recruit as we haven't set much up for him. We can change his age and rank too. RS would just have to edit her post a little.

Just so you know we had planed that Kelly and Alexis would end up together. hope your ok with that.

I am willing to add someone else if you wanted him to have someone. Both of us are willing to play her. So you could pick your favorite  ;)

We were going to keep this one here and PG 13. We had planed that any other scenes would have to be played in the adult part.

Writersblockade

*smiles* I'm good with that. You ladies were here first! For your situation, Cash would be under Alexis for gate jump security. I'd be happy to be a minor scientist type if you need it. As far as personal relationships go, I say we take it easy for now. If I get my stripes from the forum, I'd be happy to slip over to the adult side. How do you ladies feel about cursing, in advance?
Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

RS Mistress

Cash if fine with me. We already had another military guy. We had made him younger (less experience) so that it wouldn't be overbalanced but I also was going to make Kelly know how to defend her self hand to hand. She still isn't someone you would want to give a gun to. I hadn't really made up my mind on it completely so I think it will work out better if she can't.

I find it funny that neither one of us thought to tell you about Stone as he is just an NPC. (And he's my favorite!) He's our last member of our team and important that you knew kind of what we had set for him. He is a demolitions expert who doesn't say much (think Teal'c). He is older and somehow wins trust from most of the people we meet. He also has a way of them giving him 'toys'. The mission Alexis was going on now for example was going to hive him Tocra crystals that had explosive properties greater than C4. We had him serving with Alexis before they both moved to the Stargate program. We were going to make him married but had not completely decided that either.

Writersblockade

*nods* Good times. Just let me know when you want me to plug in, and I'll try to groove it in with what is happening now. Thanks again for the opportunity. This should be fun!
Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

RomanSoldier

So I was thinking, if you maybe wanted to take the place of Stone that would be fine.  If not, we can work something out too.

Writersblockade

Sure. Cash takes Stone's place and still does demo. If you want me to take some of the load, I could just NCP Stone like you guys want, and still take cash as my main character. That would probably work out better. We get a full squad, and you ladies have one less NPC to worry about.
Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!