Star Trek Game Looking For Players

Started by Doktor Sleepless, August 02, 2009, 06:47:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedEve

How familiar should I be with the universe? I'm nothing more than a casual star trek fan, really.
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

jouzinka

If you are familiar with at least one of the newer series (that is TNG, DS9 or Voyager; TOS and ENT are fine, but way too far to the past from where we are currently in-game) and its comings and goings, then I think that with the help of Memory Alpha you should be just fine. Any offence against canon can be remedied retroactively. ;)
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

RedEve

Okay, great.

Is there anything I should take along when creating a character sheet for the flight control officer?

Farmboy

The Denobulan Counselor isn't happening, yet. I'm not feeling inspired. It seems like such a good match, but I am not finding his personality in my bag of tricks. There are two pictures of unnamed Denobulan scientists at memory-alpha, and either could function for a pic, but I'm just not finding this character inside of me. I thought about his wives, and co-husbands, and their open marriages, and that could fit into any erotic game, plus the length of his tongue! That should have been enough to inspire me, too. Just imagine what sort of RP could involve that tongue. But it's not happening. I don't know why.

Sorry. If I come up with anything soon, I'll get back to you.

Again, sorry. Maybe he's NPC material...

jouzinka

Well, then maybe just gather something else that you feel the inspiration for! Who says you can't be... the owner of the holodecks, or... an owner of a massage salon or whatever... build a Bajoran Shrine there and be a Vedek. ;)

RedEve

Name: Zeynep Mesia
Nickname: “Z “
Position: Chief Flight Control Officer
Race: Human
Place of Birth: Istanbul, Turkey Earth 
Hair: long black curls 
Eyes: deep-brown 
Height:  5′9″ 
Weight:  135 Lbs

Languages: Orion, Human

Marital Status: Single

Physical Description: Zeynep is quite tall for a human woman. She has a deep dark tan that nicely matches her dark hair and eyes. She is quite curvaceous.  Her muscle tone is soft enough to be classified as unpronounced, but she is deceptively strong.

Psychological Profile: Zeynep is one in a long line of Starfleet officers. However, she lacks the seriousness and almost natural sense of duty some of her ancestors, both men and women, did have. She sees her life as one big adventure, with herself as the main heroine. Her loose and flirtatious nature got her in problems on more than one occasion, both at the academy and in her subsequent starfleet career. Many feel that her new assignment at Starbase Tesla is her last chance before the brass upstairs give her the boot.

Family History: Both of her parents were crewmembers on ships that were perpetually on deep space missions. She and her brothers were literally raised in this life. Her two older brothers wade blitz careers, and her oldest brother, Volkan, was very close to his first command. Some claim he would have gotten it much earlier was it not for his younger sibling hurting the reputation of his family.
Personal History: Although born in Instanbul, Zeynep spent most of her childhood on starships, until her parents deemed it time for her to enroll into the academy. There, she was a lackluster student, who was more interested in romantic escapades than getting good grades. On numerous occasions she was close to being expelled, but she somehow managed to make it through in the end. Unfortunately, her behavior did not improve once she became a full-fledged member of the fleet, and she bounced around from ship to ship, always getting herself and sometimes numerous other crewmembers in trouble before (discretely) being relocated. Zeynep only owes her last chance on Starbase Tesla to both her older brother and her parents calling in favors on her behalf. The jury is still out on if this will sway her to better her behavior…

Tell me if this character sheet is alright or not. ;)

MagicalPen

I'm like Red-Eve, just a casual fan, but would be interested in such a game if there are any openings still...well, open.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

Certainly! https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=34068.0 Check there for the official openings, but keep in mind you're able to make up pretty much anything you like as well.

jouzinka

MagicalPen

Hmm...Engineering or Security seem like my best fits at the moment. I'll have to decide between the two.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

jouzinka

OK, if you need any help, feel free to shoot me a PM or IM or whatever. ;)

RedEve

So where do I go from here? Can I post the character sheet in the official thread?

Yep, post it up, and then do an arrival post, followed by reporting to the Admiral. :)

Doktor Sleepless

RedEve; it looks great. If you tell me the name of one of her brothers, we can say he served under the Admiral at some point? Or maybe one of her parents?

RedEve

Perhaps her oldest brother? I mentioned his name in the CS. It's Volkan Masia. He's supposedly close to his own starship command. The admiral would remember him as a very hard-working, reliable and by-the-book officer. The complete opposite of his sister.

Doktor Sleepless

Ah, missed it. Let's say he served with him some years ago.

WhiteyChan

I'd like to join, if that is alright?

Name: Dave Sampson

Nickname: Davey

Position: Flight Control Officer

Race: Human

Place of Birth: London, England, Earth

Hair: Brown, kinda messy - looks like he's just got out of bed all the time. He keeps it at a constant length of about 2 inches, cutting it when it gets much longer than this.

Eyes: Brown as well.

Height: 174cm

Weight: 145lbs

Languages: English

Physical Description: He's not skinny, but he's not fat either. There's not any flab on his body at all - but there's not that much muscle either. Lean would be a good word to describe him. He's not the strongest person alive, which is why he keeps out of fights wherever possible. In addition, he's attractive, but not in the traditional way. More like, attractive in a nerdy kind of way. Prefers to stay in his uniform than out of it - his dress sense is otherwise appalling, and at least this way it doesn't show.

Psychological Profile: The main thing to note about Dave is that he is completely overwhelmed by women. Around them, he tends to be pretty nervous, regardless of what is happening - unless he is busy with something, for example, repairing a broken plasma conduit or something; he has no problem then. At least, until the job is complete. He believes himself to be completely unattractive and incapable of ever getting a girlfriend. Secondly, he is intelligent, and knowledgeable in a large number of areas. He once even beat a vulcan at Kal'toh. However, he generally hides this intelligence, preferring to pilot ships - when flying a ship, he loses himself in the job. He becomes a different person, no longer particularly shy. He loves to fly, and has gained a bit of a reputation of a hotshot pilot. Technically one of the best pilots in the fleet, he sometimes feels his talent is underused.

Family History: Not much to say here, his parents were run-of-the-mill scientists, researching something that had no real value on a rarely-visited planet. He joined Starfleet as soon as he could, just to get away from it.

Personal History:

Dave joined the Academy as soon as he could, wanting to explore both the quadrant and his own skills. He did well in every class, even if he wasn't at the top of all of them, and eventually graduated with honours. He was assigned to a deep space mission, as one of the helmsmen, and came back from it several years later as a lieutenant. His piloting skills had saved the ship and crew many times, from threats ranging from sub-space disruptions to Borg Cubes. He was quickly assigned to an intrepid-class cruiser, and once again showed his skill at piloting. Unfortunately, he also picked up a black mark during his time aboard this cruiser, having disobeyed a direct order from the captain in order to steer the ship away from danger. He was court-marshaled, and found to be guilty of disobeying an order from a superior officer. He was stripped of his lieutenant rank and reduced to ensign again. But, he was then promoted in rank again, in recognition of the fact that his actions had saved the crew. He was assigned to Starbase Tesla to keep him busy, but out of the way.

Academic Records

Graduated with Honours.
Distinction in piloting classes.
Distinction in advanced warp field theory classes.
Lowest mark of the class in hand-to-hand combat, but still passed, just.

Official Starfleet Records

Helmsman aboard USS Calvin
-- Promoted to Lieutenant
Helmsman aboard USS Vertigo
-- Court-marshaled
Assigned to Starbase Tesla as a Flight Control Officer.

Commendations None

Hobbies Flying ships, reading a book, hanging out in the holodeck.

Other Information None that I can think of, at this minute.

TheVillain

Ah hell, why not?

Name: Talem of house Torpach
Nickname: “Ma'kar-kha “, a nickname based on the klingon classification for "Missing In Action". It's ment to be a jest.
Position: Klingon Diplomatic Envoy, Ambassador's Official Pilot
Race: Klingon
Place of Birth: Qo'noS, exact location unknown.
Hair: Scandalously short for a Klingon, otherwise black with a bit of curl.
Eyes: Brown
Height:  6′1″
Weight:  175 Lbs

Languages: Klingonese, Human, Thurian

Physical Description: A bit on the handsome side but not devastatingly so by Klingon standards, his frame is a little leaner then normal as well- which his fine considering his fighting style relies more on speed and agility then brute strength. As a fighter pilot, his Klingon uniform is visibly slimmer and lighter and has more technology built into it but otherwise is very similar. Due to a crash landing on an uncharted planet he missed the Dominion War completely so there's a troublesome lack of official commendations. However, in this time he encountered a local population who in time came to worship him as their god of war despite his wishes. When rescued the experiences on the planet led him to adopt some of their religious symbolism in his uniform and code of dress- including a choker with a silvery hawk design over the adam's apple and short hair.

Psychological Profile: Rude, brash, and ready to kill for his honor at the drop of a hat he doesn't seem all that different from a normal Klingon, perhaps a little more arrogant since he is also a pilot and a damn good one but still definitely a Klingon. However, due to surviving on a planet where the local population had technology just advanced enough for basic metal tools he's taken the honor and duty parts of being a Klingon more seriously. Watching good men and women die because they believed he was an incarnation of their war god has been a sobering experience. He also believes that humans aren't nearly as "peace and love" as they present themselves, when push comes to shove they'll utterly destroy everything in their path.

Family History: Adopted into house Torpach after defeating the house's main heir "during a dishonorable act", the orphan boy grew up within this minor noble house. House Torpach is mostly known for it's engineering of small fighter space craft and for producing pilots, of which Talem is no exception. Just before the Dominion War one of their designs proved to have a serious flaw which brought some dishonor on the house. However, evidence has recently come to light that the flaw was due to sabotage- no naturally the house is looking to pick a fight to avenge the dishonor.

Personal History: Born on the streets of Qo'noS, the orphan boy would be officially adopted into the house for defeating one of the sons of the house patriarch in single combat "during an incredibly dishonorable act" that goes unnamed. Learning that his new family specialized in among other things producing fighter pilots, he trained gladly. While his skills as a pilot are top-notched, the Klingon honor code had mixed results in teaching. He never was particularly dishonorable, true- but nothing stood out either.

During war games with house Torpach's latest designs a serious design flaw was exposed, one recently discovered to have been sabotage. Believing the craft had exploded and killed Talem, house Torpach mourned it's lost while Talem actually landed on an uncharted planet just inside the Federation border. The local population, the Thurians, were a basic farming people whose technology had just advanced enough for reliable metal tools. A local tribe nursing him back to health, what they discovered among the crashed craft led them to believe that Talem was an incarnation of their God of War as foretold in scarily accurate prophecies. At first Talem had dismissed them outright and tried to get the beacon in his craft fixed- but then he learned that the kind farm peoples that possibly saved his life were being targeted for genocide by neighboring tribes. Feeling the call to honorable battle for the first time he'd give up the attempt at rescue and, while always denying his divinity, he'd teach them and fight for these peaceful people in defending themselves.

As a result, Talem didn't even know of the existence of the Dominion until after the Dominion War was already over. Discovered during a federation survey mission, the Federation and the Klingon Council are still in discussion of how much damage he might have done to their culture and how to fix it, if they can. To Talem however, "I fought so that honorable, innocent people would be free from the grasps of murderers and rapists- I feel not one drop of dishonor or guilt in those actions. Not one."

Now back on duty and reassigned to a diplomatic mission, he still writes off as ridiculous superstition that he was an incarnation of their war god. But in his less secure moments, he will admit that the prophecies were so accurate it scared him a little- and things did seem to line up just right when on that world. . .
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

GMs are reviewing the bios, guys. ^_^

Transgirlenstein

I was wondering what that black cloud was
Busy with freelance writing work.  Replies slow.  Feel free to prod me. 

Formally Tripping Satyr, Tripping Snake and QueenTrippingserpent.  Often known as Trip.

Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=19217.0

Seeking Games!: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=71239.0

TheVillain

I hope he's not too much, I did notice that Talem is a bit more. . .shall we say "hunt and kill" themed then most applications.
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

MagicalPen

How does this look?

Name: Peter Simon
Born: March 15th 2350
Place of Birth: New York, Earth
Species: Human
Position: Security Officer
Hair: Black
Eyes: Hazel
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 195lbs

Marital status:
Single

Physical Description: Tall and toned, Peter strikes a commanding presence where ever he is and would never back down from a fight.

Psychological Profile: Peter has always wanted to serve in Security or an MP role and utilizies his skills to the max when dealing with trouble. He likes keeping the peace while also being able to travel the stars.

Likes: Females of Humanoid Species, Military History, Working Out, Holodecks
Dislikes: Troublemakers, Criminals, Poetry

Languages: Federation Standard, Klingon, Vulcan

Family: Paul Simon - Father [Deceased], Lily Simon - Mother [Deceased]
Personal Background: Peter had always dreamed big, even from a young age, and always knew what he wanted to be when he grew up. He did his best living by a good moral code and took up wrestling and other hand-to-hand combat techniques, knowing that they would be essential to life on board a ship when it came time to deal with trouble makers. Non-lethal violence was the best way to calm a situation rather then escalate one.

He takes his job seriously and isn't usually one to turn his head the other way, unless he is getting the better end of the deal. He understands that certain things have to be overlooked to keep trouble down and happiness up, and in the three years he has served he has learned a lot.

Academic records:

Official Starfleet Record

2368 - Enlists in Starfleet Academy
2372 - Graduates Starfleet Academy
2372 - Given first small-time Security Duty
2375 - Transferred to Starbase Tesla as part of Security Team

Hobbies: Martial Arts, Military History, Holodeck

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

AthenaNude

This sounds very intriguing and I am somewhat familiar with Star Trek, though not nearly as well as all of you, I'm sure.  I'm currently mulling over some ideas for a character and reading through the stickies on the Star Base Tesla thread.  ;)