The Kingdom of Shadows

Started by BlueRaptor90, March 05, 2013, 04:06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueRaptor90

"I sense the armor close, it is most likely in a cave higher on the mountain" he then turn to the wyverns and quickly explained why they were on the island and what was going on, after the explanation, the alpha leader wyvern let out a loud roar, and soon other roars from the distance replied, a pack of 50 wyverns arose from the ground into the air, added with the 15 wyverns already there with anna and daniel, when they arrived daniel told them to wait at the beach at the edge of the island, he and anna will fly over head when it's time for them to leave, they all agreed and flew off

kajirakate

When they reached the cave, they spotted a large chest at the far side of the cave.  There was something not right about the scene before them, as Anna advanced into the cavern, she disturbed some bats.  Her sense that something was wrong got strong as she moved near to the chest. 

As she touched the chest with the tip of her sword, the chest shimmered and shifted into the form of a dread elemental.
kk

BlueRaptor90

kajirakate

They could both not be so wrong, the armour had to be there somewhere.  Anna and Daniel could probably defend the dread elemental but if they could another way, it would be better as they would probably be badly hurt by the elemental and they couldn't afford the recovery time.
kk

BlueRaptor90

Daniel quickly got infront of anna guarding her then he soon inhaled and ice came from his breath quickly freezing the elemental

kajirakate

With the elemental froze in place by Daniel's icy breath, Anna searched the cavern, feeling for the real chest.

She discovers it, hidden by magic, disguised as part of the cave wall.  But when she touches it, it shimmers into this reality.  Her dragon rider heritage revealing her right to the contents.

She takes the hessian covered contents out, amazed at the beauty of the golden armour and the power emanating from the golden sword.
kk

BlueRaptor90

"It's even more incredible then i imagined, but i think you need to hurry and take it, before something else happens anna"

kajirakate

"You are right my friend, lets leave here for somewhere safer so I may change into the armour of my ancestor." Anna replied, as she lifted the surprising light sacking containing the shiny armour and she led the way out. While Daniel continued to freeze the elemental.
kk

BlueRaptor90

Daneil then completely frozen the elemental but then decided to leave it and not use his tail to smash it, for now. He then followed anna heading out of the cave. "Are you ready to go?" he asked

kajirakate

"Yes" she said as she climbed up onto Daniel's shoulders, her own sword in it scabbard, as she held the hessian tightly.

When Daniel had flown them to a safe area, she slide down and removed her armour and weapons, replacing them with her ancestor's golden items.

As she put each item on, she could feel the power of them, from the links of the mail under suit, to the golden body armour and bracers, even the white and gold tabard, but the effect become overpowering when she put the golden helm on her head.
kk

BlueRaptor90

Daniel quickly sense anna getting stronger and stronger by the second from the armor and he patiently waited for her to finish

kajirakate

Her strength was building, power coursing through her, the spirits of her ancestors filling her brain.  The knowledge and secrets of past Dragon Riders fighting in her brain with her own mind. 

kk

BlueRaptor90

"Anna, are you ok, how do you feel?" daniel asked

kajirakate

"Incredibly powerful my friend" Anna glowing with the power of her ancestor's.
kk

BlueRaptor90

"I can tell, but power like that can be hard to control, and it's easy to make yourself fall in the darkness of it, just be careful"

kajirakate

"Yes my friend, I feel the primitive nature of my people, and their treatment of yours"
kk

BlueRaptor90

"Really, you can feel the relationship of my people and yours, how was it?"

kajirakate

"Many of my ancestor's people tried to dominate yours, but my ancestor and some of her kin understood that a Dragon Rider and a Dragon were a partnership, each gaining from the relationship"  Anna replied, understanding that her Dragon Rider ancestry was something other than human.
kk

BlueRaptor90

"I see, your ancestor was wise, just like you"

kajirakate

"Thank you my friend"  Anna said strapping on the sword belt of her ancestor, containing the sword of fire.
kk

BlueRaptor90

Daniel then lowered his head and shoulders "Ready to leave?"

kajirakate

"Yes my friend, we have much to do", Anna said climbing up on the powerful shoulders of her dragon.  'Where did that thought come from' Anna considered, aware that Daniel probably heard the thought, he was not her dragon, they were a partnership not Owner and dragon, but Rider and Dragon.
kk

BlueRaptor90

"You mean the thought of your ancestor's and mine?"

kajirakate

"Yes sorry my friend, you did warn me about the possible effects of the armour of my ancestors" Anna said to reassure Daniel that she did not see him as her property, as a human knight would view their horse.

"Let us investigate what we learnt from the Elf Queen and her council" she said getting the quest back on track.
kk

BlueRaptor90

"Right, we're off" Daniel said taking off with anna, when they reach the edge of the island daniel signaled his roar for the wyverns, shortly after they soon flew up in the sky following daniel and anna back to the kingdom, there were at least fifty of them.