Return of the Wolf: Game Thread - VAMPIRES WIN!

Started by Galactic Druid, April 06, 2015, 08:11:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Verasaille

Lady Verasaille was very upset. She came to the village square dressed in her normal clothes, but today she wore a black shawl in memory of the dead. She looked around and sighed. "I freely admit I was fooled by Remiel. Vampires are indeed very sneaky. Now we must find the other one. They always work in pairs. So I ask you all to consider, who was really close to Remiel but silent or at least not totally against him at all times? And yes I know hindsight is better.

I also ask you to consider who was so deadly against him they incited others? The werewolves will be trying to eliminate the vampires as well. They are mortal enemies."

After examining the bodies, Vera quietly called for a meeting of the townspeople. "I find it very interesting that Queenie was in the same room as Ceralilly. I suspect Cera was suspected by the Shaman and poisoned. Since there are no puncture wounds on her and she seems to have died without trauma. That leads me to believe that Rafiki is now a suspect, to be either a wolfman or a werewolf. Who else would have ravaged Queenie that way for killing his mate?"

She turned to Rafiki and raised an accusing finger. "I vote to lynch Rafiki!"
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

AffablyEvil

"It is funny to me, Vera, that you are coming with accusations. Cera found you suspicious, and now she is dead. It seems to me as if you are becoming nervous - you want those who accuse you and could possibly interpret you as evil gone After all, you voted to lynch ME last round, and now you want to lynch someone who we have no reason to believe beyond simple affection has any reason to be sad about the death of a woman who was clearly his lover, accusing him to be at the scene of the crime despite no evidence that he was. I very much doubt Rafiki is behind it." Evil said, looking up at Vera with judging eyes. "As for Remiel, I never believe in this lie of being fooled. Remiel said the same thing about his relationship about Blythe, and its all very convenient isn't it. How you can just shift blame away from yourself by pretending to be naive. You don't seem naive to me Vera. You seem like a smart woman. Smarter than to fall for the lies of someone like him. Smart enough to be attempting to fool us all." Evil said. "I vote for Vera."
Night gathers, and now my roleplaying begins. It shall not end until dawn. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die by my posts. I am the writer in the darkness. I am the author beyond the fourth wall. I am the creative fire that burns against the uncreative chill, the warm light that eases hearts, the pen that wakes the sleeping thoughts, the text that feeds the imaginations of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Roleplayer's Guild, for this night and all the nights to come.

And so my writing begins.

persephone325

"Vera, I'm confused as to how you drew the conclusion that Rafki is the culprit by your deductions. I don't understand how you could come to that conclusion. It doesn't seem to make sense to me. Unless I'm just confused by your wording?" Persephone asked, wondering if her faith in the new sheriff was misplaced...
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Verasaille

"There were no bite marks on Cera, so how could she die unless it was by poison? And since Queenie admitted she was the Shaman, it was clear to me she poisoned Cera. Since she was found in the same room. What else would you need for proof? Two dead in one room. Confirmed that Queenie was a special villager. Confirmed that Cera was only a suspect, but was in reality a normal villager.

Now that Evil is suddenly pointing fingers at me leads me to think she may be guilty as well. But since we can only do one lynching a day...I am trying to grab the guilty as I see them. We have no proof of anything."
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

Galactic Druid

A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

persephone325

"I understand that part." Persephone corrected. "What I don't understand, is how you came to the conclusion that Rafki is the one responsible?"
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

AffablyEvil

Evil chuckled. "Oh its obvious Persephone," she said with a considerable amount of sarcasm, "he knew Cera, obviously it must be him." Evil's voice turned mocking. "Oh no, get the rope, he had the balls to know someone. Watch out everyone, don't learn anybodys name or you might be guilty." Sighing, Evil got back to business.

"There are two dead people in one room, but that doesn't mean that Rafiki did it, any werewolf could've attacked Queenie while they were there, perhaps even looking for Queenie BECAUSE he or she knew that she was a Shaman. In fact, that someone who attacked Queenie could be taking this as a very nice coincidence, because for that someone would be very very convenient that she died in that particular room because that means that they can now shift the blame away from themselves. Now does that sound like anyone we know?

And don't even get me started on the starting to suspect me thing! You tried to hang me last night, don't think I forgot that! I know how you feel about me, thank you very much. No need to take the high ground now."
Night gathers, and now my roleplaying begins. It shall not end until dawn. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die by my posts. I am the writer in the darkness. I am the author beyond the fourth wall. I am the creative fire that burns against the uncreative chill, the warm light that eases hearts, the pen that wakes the sleeping thoughts, the text that feeds the imaginations of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Roleplayer's Guild, for this night and all the nights to come.

yugi006

"Sorry Vera but it's wrong to make that assumption. Queenie never even suspected Ceralily so why poison her? If she were to poison some it would be Affably Evil instead since she voted to l nch her yesterday. I think it was you who killed Ceralily and that Queenie was killed by the werewolves. Since you were trying to defend Remiel whom turned out to be a vampire my only conclusion is that you must be one as well."

AffablyEvil

"To clarify upon Yugi's statement, it was Queenie who voted for me lynched, not me who voted for Queenie to get lynched."

Verasaille

In his post, Guy stated that there were no bite marks on Cera, yet Queenie was mauled. Look at the facts that are given us. If there is one person we can trust it should be the GM? Right?

I withdraw the accusation on Rafiki. For now I will wait and see, but I must have hit a nerve, because now all of a sudden, Evil and Yugi are both accusing me. I swear to you all I am not the killer. I did not ask to be named sheriff. I have been getting PM's from a lot of people. More than one of you suspect Yugi.

AffablyEvil

"I must admit Vera, it wasn't so much that you accused Rafiki as much as that you were so quick to accuse someone on so thin evidence. It seemed very much so to me, and still does, as if you wish for people not to suspect you in this, especially now that you withdraw your vote because it brought you perhaps TOO much attention. However, I have said enough, the rest of the town should get some space too."

yugi006

"You can't really use that as an argument since this is the first time he had used descriptions like that. In previous killings no such descriptions had occurred."

Verasaille

You are right, Yugi, not a lot of description. But it was noted that the ones who were not torn apart were PALE. That indicates to me they were attacked by a vampire.

I totally suspect two people now, but I will wait to do any more accusations.

KatKwik

As Queenie claimed Shaman why didn't she use the life spell on herself or is this not possible?

Was she really the Shaman? Is the real Shaman still in hiding with a life spell or had she used up the spell earlier to aid another who is unable to corroborate her story.

Is it possible she was in the wrong place at the wrong time, while the real Shaman killed Cera and the Wolves got Queenie. Though being a special villager means she could indeed have been the Shaman.

All these questions floated in her mind as the town saw two more violent deaths.

No lynching for now...

Update: Tentatively Posting~Updated A/As: October 2017

persephone325

"We could also hope that maybe Queenie was the Diseased Villager, and pray there might only be one death tomorrow night." Persephone added hopefully.
I don't know.

Verasaille

Vera nodded. "Indeed the heal potion is only usable once, as is the Holy water. So once they were used it means we only have ourselves to defend against the evil against us. All of us are suspect."

yugi006

"The Shaman most likely used the healing potion earlier on either nights 2 or 3 when there was only one death each time.For all we know James could have been the Diseased Villager which could also explain the one death on second night. Highly unlikely but probable. Other villager roles still possibly in play are the Bodyguard, Seer and the Lycan."

KatKwik

Yugi seemed to be the one in trouble at the moment with so many people showing distrust..."Are you claiming one of those roles then Yugi?"

It might help him gain favour again, apart from the Lycan of course!

yugi006

"I was just listing the possible roles in play. Sadly I'm just an ordinary villager. I wish I could do more to help you guys but after this round if Vera does get lynched I'm all out of ideas since everyone else hasn't really done much of anything for me to gauge whether ot not they are on our side or with evil."

BAMF

So many accusations flying back and forth, and BAMF completely lost as to who to believe. What with their continued silence, they had to wonder how nobody has possibly suspected them of anything. Which was all right and good, of course, since they're totally innocent. Not that actually announcing to the town such would mean anything, what with all the accusations in the first place.

Instead of stepping forward, today they simply made it out of their room and out of the inn, in fact, to sit on a bench at the edge of town square to watch and listen and attempt to pick truth from lie to make a well-reasoned vote when it came down to it.
»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
by a series of small things
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«

Strangefate

After listening to the morning’s debate, Strangefate spoke.  “I agree that there’s no reason to suspect Rafiki.  Queenie had revealed herself as the Shaman so the monsters had ample reason to attack her already.  It’s possible that one group of monsters attacked Queenie and another attacked Ceralilly.  It’s also possible both monsters attacked Queenie and the bodyguard blocked one (if still alive), and Queenie poisoned Ceralilly like Verasaille suggests.  But I’m not sure why she would have done that.  While a few people did vote to hang Ceralilly, I believe that was because Remiel named her as a possible monster and they trusted his judgment at that time.  Of course his fellow vampire likely voted for someone other than him as well, just as I’m fairly sure our other werewolves likely voted against hanging Blythe.” 

“I believe persephone, Verasaille, Bamf, Queenie, KatKwik, and Moirae are the ones who voted for someone other than Remiel.  Moirae, persephone, KatKwik, and Verasaille all voted for Ceralilly, so it’s possible the vampire might be hiding among them.  It seems logical the remaining vampire would have tried to get someone else hung rather than his or her partner.  And Vera did push very hard to save Remiel, far more than anyone else.  So I must reluctantly trust AffablyEvil’s and yugi006’s judgment in voting to lynch Verasaille.  I would vote ‘no lynch’ if I could as I’m not entirely sure she’s really guilty but nobody has made a case for a better candidate so far.  If someone does I will gladly change my vote.  I hate losing another sheriff so quickly.” 
A/A/Misc
On/Offs

"Vanitas Vanitatum!  Which of us is happy in this world?  Which of us has his desire?  or, having it, is satisfied?" - George Makepeace Thackeray, Vanity Fair

KatKwik

She contemplated the theory below and decided to reveal her reasoning.
"I didn't vote for Remiel as he had the majority of votes anyway and I believe we needed more information about other characters. In so doing I chose Cera because of her vehement defence of Blythe and then Remiel. Remiel gave himself away in his first post when he described his character. Now whether that was intentional or not, I was suspicious." In so doing she hoped that brought some insight into her thinking.

Now if Rafiki is the Lycan that would explain the death of Queenie. The question still remains as to who the life potion was used on or if it was indeed used?

So maybe it is Strangefate who is throwing discourse into the mix to deflect suspicion?

Still debating on lynching...

yugi006

"How does the Lycan figure into all this? Remember the Lycan is on the village side that looks like a werewolf and appears so to the Seer. The Wolfman is who you want to watch out for as he or she is on the werewolf side but appears as a vilager to the Seer a d everyone else."

desert ashes

Moirae sighed, glancing at each of them.  "I made the mistake of trusting Remiel and now I'm even less sure of who is suspect among us.  There's really no way of distinguishing between deceit or honesty.  However, I am uneasy by anyone who is so quick to target another, and thus I vote to lynch Verasaille."
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin
they will lie about you, insult you, hurt you,
betray you, injure  you, set you aflame and
watch you burn. but they will not, shall not,
c a n n o t, destroy  you. because  you, like
R o m e, were built  on ashes, and you, like
a phoenix, know how to rise and resurrect.
· accepting new stories ·
 ·· · ideas & cravings ·· ons & offs ·· poetry ·· a/a ·· stories · ··

let there be beauty born from ashes

Galactic Druid

Votes So Far:

Vera - 4
Rafiki - 1

Less than 48 hours!
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!