Return of the Wolf: Game Thread - VAMPIRES WIN!

Started by Galactic Druid, April 06, 2015, 08:11:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yugi006

"And if I never would have mentioned the Priest what then? If you truly were the Priest you would have brought it up in the beginning."

persephone325

"Given all this information, I have to say that I don't believe what you're saying MP. You were lying about being the Seer earlier, according to Blythe. You could very well be lying right now... However, I will hold off on voting for the time being. I'd like to give you a chance to prove yourself."
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Madame Professor

She furrows her brow in confusion, "Why would I reveal myself if there was no need to? There was no lynching, my words didn't change the votes as I had hoped. By not announcing myself, since there was no lynch, it allowed people to wonder and provided cover for the Seer. I'm not in the business of helping to feed the Vampires and Werewolves in town."

Sighing, The Professor shook her head, "I'm am the Priest and am announce myself, because the villains have forced my hand. I want my power to count for something and the best way to ensure the safety of the village to be sure the Sheriff is confirmed to be of the Village so the Bodyguard can protect him."

Looking to Persephone, The Professor sighed. "I never claimed to be the Seer. Not once. If others inferred that, that is not my fault. I am not lying, as it would not help me at all to lie about being the Priest. There is no benefit in it for me. Not when it would ensure I'd be on the block the next day."
The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

persephone325

"If others inferred that, then it's not your fault? Excuse me, but yes it is. If someone 'infers' something incorrectly about you, you should be the one to set the record straight. Technically, it was a lie because it wasn't the truth. Even if you didn't outright say so. In a game like this, lying about something like this and then backpedaling with no concrete proof of your intentions either way is a sure fire way to get you sent off to the gallows in my opinion."
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Madame Professor

"Considering you and Yugi both asked my privately if I had any information about Luna and I said no I thought would be proof enough I wasn't the Seer. I didn't have proof but I hoped to gain it. That has been my plan the whole time. I have not back pedaled."

She spoke up, "To be clear, the conversation I had with Blythe went like this:

Blythe: "I'm incline to believe you are the Seer, but I have told anyone in case you really are."
Myself: "I appreciate the discretion."

"We have no information to go on about anyone. I'm just suppose to trust that sort of information to anyone? Putting out the possibility of a Seer paints a HUGE target in that player's back, so I took that as a sign I could trust Blythe. The fact I am still alive shows either the villains don't see me as a threat or someone trusts me enough to protect me. Frankly, Luna's death is more of a set up for me than anyone. I simply want to prove Blythe's innocence along with my own."
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

Ceralilly

Ceralilly frowns in concentration, after the fellow people made their claims, she was beginning to doubt herself.

"This is getting so confusing, and...scary...I... I am sorry Yugi, but I think you're a good guy. You have shown your diligence in this debate, and I retract my vote."
I am the Mistress of Hearts, the Consort of Broken Ones, the Lover of Lost Souls, and the Queen of Goodbyes

yugi006

"I did ask you but I left it at that when you said you didn't have anything."

"Well you didn't actually tell him that you aren't The Seer so that isn't exactly lying but it is misinformation. Maybe if you said that you were the Priest from the beginning Blythe would not have had a reason to mistrust you."

"There is another possibility you are forgetting to mention. Yes you could have been protected by the bodyguard but that assumes he or she is still in play. That must mean someone had to target you in the first place. If that is the case there is also the possibility that you could be a vampire which can't die during the night. I'm not saying whether you are or not but it is something to consider. The werewovles could have seen you as a threat."

You also mention that you don't believe Blythe is guilty of anything and if that is the case why vote to lynch him at all. The Priest's Holy Water should be used on someone we aren't sure of instead of wasting it on someone you know is innocent which you say Blythe is. I my self cannot verify Blythe's innocence yet."

Madame Professor

"I realized my post is missing a word in what Blythe said to me. He said 'I have not told anyone'. Sorry if that confused anyone." She looked around to Ceralilly and the rest of the village, hoping they would see her logic.

Looking back to Yugi, she shook her head, "There is no logical explanation for me being a vampire. Not with Luna's death, as I have explained. Lynching me will prove my innocence, because I am the priest and I am going to use my holy water this evening. However, I'd like to prove someone else's innocence along side mine.

"And yes, I had said I believe he is innocent. But I don't know he is. By using my holy water on him, I hope to show the sheriff has the interest of the town at heart as well as prove my own innocence. Luna's death shows I'm not the Seer, which I never claimed to be, and had we lunch her and she was truly innocent, we would know it now. The more information we can get early on, the better. The same thing I have been saying since we woke after the first night. Yugi, I hope you can see the logic I am trying to impart. If the Sheriff is a bad guy, his say could hinder the village at the worst times. You want proof I'm innocent and in trying to give it to you. At the same time, I'd like show we have the best sheriff we can have and strengthen the position of the village and give the bodyguard the solid knowledge Bkythe needs protection."

Verasaille

I have a question of you Madame Professor. If you believed Luna to be innocent, why didn't you use it to save her from death last night? Hmm?

As for Blythe, I have not made up my mind yet. Yugi you are starting to be very vocal against MP. Now that could be because you truly suspect her of being one of the wolves or the vampires. But you seem a little bit too bloodthirsty to me.

I am withholding my vote until we hear from the rest of the group, who are also suspiciously quiet.
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

Blythe

Blythe asks, "I'm not sure why you are protecting me by trying to prove my innocence, Madame. I'm the Sheriff and don't have a role that otherwise helps excepting in case of a voting tie, which means my ability to break ties is an absolutely horrible ability, because I can't do so in an informed way. You mentioned letting me believe you were the Seer to protect the real Seer; why aren't you saving your Holy Water to continue protecting the Seer?"

Blythe adds, "Don't get me wrong. If evidence comes forth for me to vote up someone else, I will take that 100% into account and consider changing my vote accordingly. But right now there is no evidence you are the Priest...and from my perspective, you already deceived me once, Madame. I could easily be voted up and allowed to die...which is obviously something I don't want."

yugi006

"Just as a note Vera but the Priest can only use hi or her powers during the day when someone is about to be lynched. It cannot be used at night to prevent a kill."

As for me the same could be said about her as well as she is so insistent that she is the Priest and wanting to save Blythe."

AffablyEvil

"Mr. Blythe has a point." Evil said, moving out of the inn after clearly having just woken up by the sound of the commotion in the village. "Mr. Blythe speaks of a good point. A priest could easily lie." She said, holding a glass of water which she was drinking from. "IN addition, anyone could take a vial of water and claim its holy. If it does not work, she could simply proclaim the villager innocent and thus clear her name in the same process - while in truth, the holy water could not be holy at all."  Evil said and nodded.

"And besides," she continued, "I find it odd how you want to communicate to the bodyguard that the sheriff should be protected. It would be awfully convenient for someone prowling and lurking in the night to know where the bodyguard is, especially since as Blythe has just admitted his skill is not useful to us - yet." Evil said and nodded. "I am inclined to vote for Madam, but lynching people on hunches is not the best democratic process." She said and sighed softly.
Night gathers, and now my roleplaying begins. It shall not end until dawn. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die by my posts. I am the writer in the darkness. I am the author beyond the fourth wall. I am the creative fire that burns against the uncreative chill, the warm light that eases hearts, the pen that wakes the sleeping thoughts, the text that feeds the imaginations of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Roleplayer's Guild, for this night and all the nights to come.

And so my writing begins.

Remiel

"You know, it took me some time to wrap my head around Madame Professor's thought process in targeting LunaLilith last round," piped up Remiel, who had been listening intently to all sides.  "But I think I finally figured it out:

I can how, if she were the Priest,  she might think to herself: 'okay, if I keep quiet and am taken out during the night by the werewolves or the vampires, my ability will have been wasted.  Therefore, I will endeavor to use it as soon as possible.  But, obviously, I can't let people know what I'm doing.  I will pick someone at random'-- LunaLilith in this case--'and when it looks like they're about to be lynched, use my holy water.  If they're innocent, we will have at least one proven villager and I a potential ally.  If they're not, well, at least we got rid of one monster.'

Unfortunately, her gambit failed when the village voted overwhelmingly not to lynch anybody.  I believe the vampires, assuming that MP was the Seer and had spied on a Werewolf, targeted Luna during the night, hoping to eliminate one of their rivals.   Naturally, when Luna showed up as a villager, it cast Madame Professor under a suspicious light.  She was forced to reveal herself as the Priest.

I do not think she would have a reason to lie.   Coming out as the Priest (or as the Shaman, in Queenie's case) is a double-edged sword; there is a high probability that you are who you say you are (because if you're not, then the real priest or shaman would almost certainly call you out).  But the drawback is that it paints a big, fat target on your back for the monsters.

Assuming she's telling the truth--and I believe she is--I see no reason not to go along with her plan.   We all agree to vote for Blythe.  If MP is the Priest as she claims, she uses her ability.  If Blythe is innocent, we know our sheriff can be trusted.  If Blythe turns out to be a monster, well, that's one less monster.

If Madame Professor doesn't use her ability, then we know she lied and can certainly take her out next round. 

Thus, I say we make MP put her money where her mouth is.  In following her proposed plan, we will gain two pieces of information at once: first, whether MP is lying or not, and secondly, whether Blythe can be trusted.

Unfortunately for me, I cannot vote for Blythe.  I have made a deal with him where I would not vote for him if he won't vote for me, and I have no intention of breaking it.  I'm still trying to decide where to cast my vote under these constraints, but I urge you all to follow MP's plan and vote Blythe.   The Bodyguard is still out there, remember, and can protect our sheriff if necessary. "

AffablyEvil

"However Remiel, your plan assumes that she is indeed the priest and that the special villager who died on our first night is not the priest." Evil quickly replied and looked over at him. "If the priest died on night one, a werewolf could take on such a guise uncontested and get our innocent sheriff hanged in the process while simultanously avoiding suspicion. I am not going to risk hanging our sheriff for a plan in which such a major step can go wrong and not only end up killing one of our own for no reason, but also secure trust in a woman who may very well consider our deaths her primary concern!"

"In addition, I do appreciate that you tell us about such a deal that you have made, but is it not a bit too early to cast together such a plan? Are you privy to any knowledge you may want to share with us regarding you and Blythe's role? Because remember just because we did indeed vote him sheriff does not make him innocent. We cannot trust ANYONE here anymore, and any such deal made in possible friendship can also end with the death of all of us should one of you, or maybe even both, turn out to be werewolves." Evil ranted. "So if you do have any evidence to prove to us you and Blythe can be trusted Remiel I would very much like you to share it with us."
Night gathers, and now my roleplaying begins. It shall not end until dawn. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die by my posts. I am the writer in the darkness. I am the author beyond the fourth wall. I am the creative fire that burns against the uncreative chill, the warm light that eases hearts, the pen that wakes the sleeping thoughts, the text that feeds the imaginations of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Roleplayer's Guild, for this night and all the nights to come.

Remiel

"Nope, I have no information about Blythe.  I simply see the merits of Madame Professor's plan."

AffablyEvil

Evil looked at him quietly as if he was suspicious. "Then why, may I ask, have you made a plan with someone you seem to have no evidence we, or you, can trust?"

yugi006

"Presuming Blythe is innocent Madame Processor's plan leaves us with too many targets during the night and not enough protection for any of them. So I think it's a bad idea to lynch Blythe as I don't want to lose the sheriff during the night phase."

Verasaille

Isn't the Holy water only usable once? And we can only have one more chance to not lynch?

I have a tendency to believe in the logic being put forth. But...I hate to see the Holy water used on someone like the Sheriff. We still do not know who the Seer is.

I am going to vote to lynch yugi. Not that I have any proof. More that I am suspicious at how he thinks of MP. Call it a gut reaction.
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

Strangefate

“While I am not convinced of Madame Professor’s innocence, neither am I convinced of her guilt.  Her argument makes some sense.  It is possible, I suppose, that the vampires thought she had information about LunaLilith proving she was a wolf and so attacked that unfortunate woman in the night.  I shall hear what the others think and I am still willing to change my vote.  Yet I am also very reluctant to risk our sheriff’s life on Madame Professor’s word.  I do not want to hang a villager if we can help it, and she is our safest choice right now – if she really is the priest she will save herself and if she lying, she will meet a much deserved death at the end of a rope." 

Strangefate paused, frowning, "Yet I do think it's curious Blythe was convinced in private that she was the seer.  It is possible he may be a vampire then and decided to attack Lilith thinking to get rid of a werewolf.  He seems quite determined that he not be checked now, possibly because it will expose him.  Even if Madame Professor is lying, the real priest could still test him, unless it was James.  It would be nice to be certain of our sheriff...”
A/A/Misc
On/Offs

"Vanitas Vanitatum!  Which of us is happy in this world?  Which of us has his desire?  or, having it, is satisfied?" - George Makepeace Thackeray, Vanity Fair

desert ashes

Ladden with ropes of garlic and silver crosses around her neck, dark circles and deep bags under her sleepless eyes, Moirae hesitantly returned to the village center and the arguments, the weighty decisions needing to be made. 

"It does not make sense for the Madame to have Luna killed last night and lynching her now would likely be a mistake.  If she were one of our enemies it'd be incredibly foolish for her to target Luna after yesterday.  But, if someone was wanting to cast her as an evil foe ..."  Her eyes drifted to Blythe, a frown pinching her lips.  "I suspect a few, but you are one and I can only pray I'm wrong.  For now my vote is to lynch Blythe."
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin
they will lie about you, insult you, hurt you,
betray you, injure  you, set you aflame and
watch you burn. but they will not, shall not,
c a n n o t, destroy  you. because  you, like
R o m e, were built  on ashes, and you, like
a phoenix, know how to rise and resurrect.
· accepting new stories ·
 ·· · ideas & cravings ·· ons & offs ·· poetry ·· a/a ·· stories · ··

let there be beauty born from ashes

persephone325

Persephone spoke up again, this time with a different opinion.

"Something has recently come to my attention and I feel it best to let Madame go through with her plan. Something doesn't add up and I'd like to, hopefully, get to the truth. I vote for Blythe."
I don't know.

Blythe

Blythe grumbles and says, "Okay. I give in. I'm nervous I'll be lynched, especially with people who are needlessly suspicious of me, but I have absolutely nothing to hide. In a show of support for Madame Professor, and since I do not know who else to vote up in her stead, I will vote for no lynching since I can't vote myself up and don't want to cast an otherwise uninformed vote. If you are the Priest, Madame, then prove me innocent. I will risk it all on the gallows. I truly hope you are really the Priest, Madame."

Ceralilly

Ceralilly gasps in dismay and shakes her head. I vote to lynch no one this day. Least of all our loyal detective.
I am the Mistress of Hearts, the Consort of Broken Ones, the Lover of Lost Souls, and the Queen of Goodbyes

AffablyEvil

Evil hesitated. "I am inclined to agree with Strangefate. If Madame truly is the priest, she can save herself should she need so. I vote for Madame Professor."

Madame Professor

"I have no incentive to lie, Blythe. Not at this point." The Professor said, "There would be no reason at all for the 'true priest' to use the holy water when I am claiming the priest to cover for me. Lying would only send me to the gallows the next day. This way, I can help gather solid proof for the village to work with and clear my own name."